ndj1979 wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    GTAFrank wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here...

pizza.jpg

might_need_invader_zim.gif

I'm totally getting pizza for dinner tonight now

Pizza would be delicious right about now!! LOL!!

Is it me or do these kinds of topics make others crave what they're asking about? Like last week, with that hamburger thread that was around, I think a lot of people ate burgers for that reason. :laugh: Now... pizza!! :blush:

I totally had hamburgers after the hamburger thread! Was supposed to make pork chops tonight....buuuuuut I'm thinking pizza now. Just waiting for the boyfriend to get home so we can order. :)

I had a whole pizza on sunday ...that was the bomb!

I don't think I'd be able to eat a whole pizza haha I would make a valiant effort though!

oh, I destroyed it...1400 calories of heaven
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't even eat pizza (lactose intolerant, can't stomach the cheese most of the time) but even I now want pizza for dinner!!! Sounds much better than the grilled chicken & spinach I have waiting for me at home...
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

pizza.jpg

Is it me or do these kinds of topics make others crave what they're asking about? Like last week, with that hamburger thread that was around, I think a lot of people ate burgers for that reason. :laugh: Now... pizza!! :blush:

I totally had hamburgers after the hamburger thread! Was supposed to make pork chops tonight....buuuuuut I'm thinking pizza now. Just waiting for the boyfriend to get home so we can order. :)

I don't think I'd be able to eat a whole pizza haha I would make a valiant effort though!

Only 1400? that would fit my calories..... and leave me room for some Peeps.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

pizza.jpg

Why not both?

20100402-peepza-opener.jpg
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

pizza.jpg

Why not both?

why the heck not!

tumblr_mkws36UgVu1ry10fwo1_400.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

pizza.jpg

yup ..homemade...chicken, feta, pineapple on thin crust
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

pizza.jpg

Why not both?

*barf*
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

pizza.jpg

DAM... that's pretty much my whole day's worth of cals... LMAO!! I was never able to eat a whole pizza... well, unless it was a small. :laugh:
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Okay, that Peep Pizza just made me throw up in my mouth a little.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

pizza.jpg

Why not both?

*barf*

Double barf. Those Peeps look so disgusting. Too scared to try, then again I have never seen them in stores either... :s
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    IMO Pizza is not fast food unless it comes from a counter in a "fast food" type environment (think Pizza slices from Costco). Otherwise, nope... Frankly, I think that pizza is one of those foods that could be perfectly balanced. It has all 3 macros... So it's a superfood...clearly.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Actually, it can be fast food, but doesn't have to be...and really shouldn't be if you're going to have some quality grub...

Fast food pizza...

ph-pop.jpg

Real pizza...

Village-Pizza-Logo.png

348s.jpg
    Village Pizza patio seating

villagepizza02-1024x768.jpg
    Village Pizza main dining room seating.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I consider pizza as fast food. Though I suppose I have no justification for that. You know yes I do. It's because I don't get my pizza from places you can go sit down in nor did I make it. Since I never order pizza at a sit down restaurant. And I rarely sit for long in a McD's or what have you. It's a loose justification, but it's there. That being said... it kind of even depends on what kind of pizza. Cheese pizza is fast food. Margherita pizza isn't. Pep is. Chicken and spinach isn't. Weird. What's up with my brain.

So the toppings make it fast food?

Maybe that's it. 1 topping or less and it's not enough effort put in? Hahah I'm not sure really, just going with my gut feeling here.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Seriously this is an unanswerable question - so many variables! Probably also depends a lot on where you live. And doesn't really matter, since the fact that something is fast food doesn't determine whether it is healthy or not, whether it fits your macros or not, and whether it is yummy or not.

I am in NY, so this is just for starters:

Homemade pizza - not fast food
    Pizzeria pizza - not fast food
    Fancy pizza restaurant (we have a bunch of Coal-fired oven places around here) - not fast food
    Chain pizza places - meh, I'd probably consider them fast food, though I don't think they fit the standard definition
    Food court pizza (usually more pinky-orange colored and it seems like the cheese, sauce, and crust are one odd unnaturally fused thing) - fast food
    Gas station/ 7-11 pizza - fast food

Having said this, when I someday take my rightful place in heaven, these six categories of pizza will comprise a large part of my diet. On the seventh day I will rest from pizza, and eat burgers.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

pizza.jpg

Why not both?

Ah, the pizza cleanse pizza!

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    Yes Pizza is a fast food.

no it is not fast food.... I mean where do you get pizza, honestly?

To you it is not. To me it is. You have problem with that.

I do have a problem with people stating false facts yes

Your problem will never be my problem. If I were you I would care less.

Lol you're going philosophical I see ahaha.... Shame because I was enjoying arguing about the pizza...

Whatever it's Pizza. It's delicious and it's tasty but in my world it's fast food.

Mind you - in my world.

Do you think that the op lives in your world, or the world?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I don't consider pizza fast food. Mostly because I make my own. Sometimes we'll get pizza from a locally owned place, but we don't do chain pizza. Because it's gross.

I don't really know if I consider chain pizza to be fast food. It doesn't really matter to me either way though.
  • pwisely
    pwisely Posts: 8
    Options
    Maybe Little Caesars because its ready when you walk in, otherwise it takes like 30-45 mins to deliver or 15 mins for pickup. Not fast.

"Fast food" just means they prep and give it to you fast. It doesn't mean anything other than that- all that matters is calorie counts and macronutrients
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    What is fast food?

Is it food that is cooked fast, or ready made/prepared food that is sitting on the line ready to be grabbed by the cashier that is and thrown at you "fast" and quick like as you travel through the drive in window?

Fast food is the phenomenon that was invented for anything yummy that is cooked in grease/fat, loads of salt and preservatives and even the very high calorie shake, pies and other sweet and tasty things like mocho-chocolate-frappe-cream coffee that not even close to what you could make at home. Simply put, you would not cook like this at home and pack this much carbs, fat and sugars in it if you made it at home!

But all so yummy!!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I really want pizza with a side of fries now.