Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've been eating late at night lately and telling myself i'll do better tomorrow. I need to stop this right now. I get mad at myself when I get this way.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    I'm 57 and I play MMOs. Not sure that this should be a confession. That I play them too much might be the confession. I would rather play than exercise, but I am finding exercise is much more enjoyable on a wii-fit than without.

Ok here goes.

I met my husband in an MMO. We are sort of famous on our old server because I was his guild leader, we met and fell in love. This summer we will have our 13th wedding anniversary.

We lived on two different continents and he moved to mine. When he moved here we sold our toons and got more than 10k US for them (very uber). We put the money down on our house.

So now you know more about our meeting than my mother does!

I met my husband on a text-based MUD (multi-user dungeon) based on the Wheel of Time series of books. I lived in western Canada, he lived on the Mid-Atlantic U.S. We've been married nearly 15 years, and have 4 kids. Until we moved to the southern U.S. 11 years ago, we had a couple groups of friends whom we met with a couple times a month to play tabletop RPG's: D&D, WoT D&D, a game called "Call of Cthulu"... well, you get the idea, lol.

WoT Readers unite! I am just finishing the last book now. :)

I started reading the series in 1992 when I was 12. My husband started around the same time. By the mid 2000's we were joking that Jordan would die before he finished the series, and then he did (whoops). I am glad it got finished, even if it took more than half my life, lol. I've probably read the first 5-6 books 10 times each.

Our 12yo son has read ALL THE WAY through the series once, and is on go number two now, lol.

I started that series in 1994 as a freshman in high school. I finished at age 33.

Ridiculous.

Great series, but really could have used an editor. You could cut several thousand pages and never miss a thing.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and I play MMOs. Not sure that this should be a confession. That I play them too much might be the confession. I would rather play than exercise, but I am finding exercise is much more enjoyable on a wii-fit than without.

Ok here goes.

I met my husband in an MMO. We are sort of famous on our old server because I was his guild leader, we met and fell in love. This summer we will have our 13th wedding anniversary.

We lived on two different continents and he moved to mine. When he moved here we sold our toons and got more than 10k US for them (very uber). We put the money down on our house.

I met my husband on a text-based MUD (multi-user dungeon) based on the Wheel of Time series of books. I lived in western Canada, he lived on the Mid-Atlantic U.S. We've been married nearly 15 years, and have 4 kids. Until we moved to the southern U.S. 11 years ago, we had a couple groups of friends whom we met with a couple times a month to play tabletop RPG's: D&D, WoT D&D, a game called "Call of Cthulu"... well, you get the idea, lol.

I started reading the series in 1992 when I was 12. My husband started around the same time. By the mid 2000's we were joking that Jordan would die before he finished the series, and then he did (whoops). I am glad it got finished, even if it took more than half my life, lol. I've probably read the first 5-6 books 10 times each.

Our 12yo son has read ALL THE WAY through the series once, and is on go number two now, lol.

I started that series in 1994 as a freshman in high school. I finished at age 33.

Ridiculous.

Great series, but really could have used an editor. You could cut several thousand pages and never miss a thing.

I started reading the series when there were about 6 books out. I finally gave up after the long wait for book 8 and figured I'd pick it up when they were done. Finally picked it up again a couple years ago and binge read the whole thing back to back, got to the end of the last book.... it wasn't the M*^%#$RF*^%N last book. I had to then wait a year for the actual last book!
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been craving cookie dough... so i tried making the 'healthy' recipe with chick peas that has been going around... I thought it tasted awful... then I realized I should just make the real thing and plan for it, and enjoy it. I bought the ingredients and planned for it all week and today was the day; I even worked out double my usual amount so I could 'afford' to eat as much cookie dough as I wanted. It.Was.Delicious and to my shock I'm still under my calories for the day.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ok here goes.

Ridiculous.

Cut 90% of Nynaeve tugging her braid, Elayne being snooty and all the old lecher's focus on chests and chick's clothing, not to mention the whole deal where Aviendha and Elayne became sisters and it would have been done in 10 books.
  • Ashleyx61987
    Ashleyx61987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My "diet" is crap. I have no clue what Im doing. I just exercise hard and dont eat much.
  • mlpettit
    mlpettit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I finished my flatmates biscuit tin. I've done it over a few months so I don't know if she's seen it yet.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I'm really sad that Sir Terry Pratchett died yesterday. The world's lost one of the good ones.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm really sad that Sir Terry Pratchett died yesterday. The world's lost one of the good ones.

me too :(
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »

I shed a tear or two. He's been such an integral part of my growing up. His books are my go-to for when I need to retreat from the world. The world is a sadder, dimmer place for his passing.
  • Betsnikel
    Betsnikel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been craving cookie dough... so i tried making the 'healthy' recipe with chick peas that has been going around... I thought it tasted awful... then I realized I should just make the real thing and plan for it, and enjoy it. I bought the ingredients and planned for it all week and today was the day; I even worked out double my usual amount so I could 'afford' to eat as much cookie dough as I wanted. It.Was.Delicious and to my shock I'm still under my calories for the day.

• Betsnikel
    Betsnikel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Betsnikel wrote: »

Good for you!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight in the past 2 months. I keep eating just a little too much rubbish. I know full well where I'm going wrong but keep repeating myself. How frustrating.

• dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Me too :'( . I was incredibly lucky to have a friend introduce me to his books. They are pretty amazing.
  • Marianne802
    Marianne802 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    On occaising, I behave myself and log everything down to a tea, that is until I eat something that I know is going to completely blow my calories out of the water, then I just stop logging.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

You're not alone. I do okay with peanut butter but my FIL used to eat a jar a week, sometimes more. Just with a spoon or sit with a loaf of bread and go to town. He now only buys the small jars once a month.

My confession: I've been lifting consistently for a little bit and have been hungry but I've been admittedly eating too much and just telling myself its an "extended bulk" to add muscle. I've been gaining but am leveling off finally and getting ready for some loss.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Yes that's how you do it!!!
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

Wait, there is actually a recipe for cookie dough with chick peas????!!! lol....that just doesn't sound right. Good for you for having the real thing.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »

I shed a tear or two. He's been such an integral part of my growing up. His books are my go-to for when I need to retreat from the world. The world is a sadder, dimmer place for his passing.

His books got my dyslexic brother into reading when he had completely given up being literate. Very sad that such a bright light has gone to shine elsewhere but at least he isn't suffering anymore.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I confess it's Friday night and I'm super sad that the troll thread in the Introduce Yourself section just got deleted because I had so many hilarious .gifs to post.