Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: The fast food has become a staple in my household again. Yesterday, I didn’t have a chance to eat supper until 9:15. At that point, I had no desire to go home and make something so I drove through Arby’s. The up-side is that I make it fit into my calories but I’m not worrying about my macros yet. For now, I feel if I can meet my calorie, water and work out goal, I’m okay. I’ll deal with macros later (although I do have to work on my protein).

@Kelley…I hate waiting for a job interview result. I once interviewed for a management position within my team and it took a month. Didn’t get it, but that led to my current role, which allowed me to stay with my company from 6 hours away.
    @Jenn…I agree with others here…keep logging. That’s when I slip up. It’s easy to miss a day and then say “eh, what’s one more day…” etc.
    @Lori…I don’t like Mexican food but if my friends want to eat at a Mexican restaurant, it’s chips and margaritas for me. Hee! :blush:
    @Holly…great attitude. I know you’ll have tough days while trying to get back to your feet, but it looks like you actually have a wonderful group of people to lean on (old co-workers and us).
    @Robin…My issues were never directly about stress. I would just burn the candle at both ends and my body would say “whoa, you need to rest more.” I had a big brother that watched out for my “go go go” fall outs. Once in college, I called him and he could tell that I had reached a breaking point. He calmly told me to put a note on my dorm room door and go to sleep. I woke up 27 hours later. I’ve only had two episodes my whole life of the crashing, but my husband has gotten pretty good about seeing the symptoms and reminding me to get more sleep before it goes too far.
    @L2T…glad you are back in your groove.
    @Fattychique…It has already been said, but you can get in 15 minutes here and there. But the main thing is that it’s more important that you maintain lower calories. Several women here lost significant amounts of weight by just watching what they eat. They say weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise. Maybe start with just focusing on your food intake.
    @tryinliz…Do you do what I did (and sometimes still do)? When you start your “healthy lifestyle” over and over, is it all or nothing? One of things I’ve heard is to introduce that new healthy lifestyle over a period of time…start with lowering your calories. After you get that in check, add some exercise. What some of the most successful people on this thread have said is if it’s so extreme you can’t/won’t do it for the rest of your life, you might just be setting yourself up for failure. If I said I would never have a pop again, I’d just be lying. Love it --- for now I just make sure to work it into my calorie limits. Maybe later, I’ll minimize/eliminate it.

AFM…Made water aerobics yesterday (I can only do the Wednesday session during Lent due to my choir practice schedule). We learned some new deep water moves with the pool noodle and my thighs hurt just a bit today. Then we had choir practice from 7:45 – 9:15 last night. Only two weeks to the cantata now so we’ve had to kick it into high gear. Like I said above, my choices haven’t been great lately, but they have been (for the most part) fitting into my calorie goal. I know that I need to get better about meal planning and utilizing my crock pot and/or my timer on my oven. That way everybody could eat on their schedules on those days that a sit down supper with all of us isn’t possible.

This week:
    • Cardio – 2/3
    • Lifting – 1 / 2
    • Water – 0/5
    • Calories – 3/6

Today:
    • 75 oz of water
    • Meet calories
    • Lift
    • Help my Mom get a new phone
    • Put away clean clothes
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Howdy my MFPeeps!
    Working hard to have a good attitude. Was awakened by my son a 3:15 to come pick him up at the Sheriff's Office. He was arrested again. . . driving home from work doing 20 over in a construction zone while smoking pot and driving after revocation! Say that 3 times fast.
    Not sure where to go from here except a trip to the counselor so I do not have a breakdown over this. One minute at a time today.

Land mine while I was dropping off my car this morning. A candy dish on the counter. ate at least 12 tootsie rolls. My sis was to pick me up and she went to the wrong location and I had to wait an extra 20 minutes and they were there and tasty so I indulged.

Mexican last night was really good. I did well on the chip basket and only ate 5 chips and 1/2 my shrimp fajitas without tortillas. I did drink 2 O'Douls. But came in really good on calories yesterday. Friend and I had a great talk and I was feeling really good until the call this morning.

@Lives2Travel‌ - Yea on the loss!

@tryinliz‌ - Welcome to the thread, yes this is the greatest thing on MFP.

@skinnyjeanzbound‌ - Your goals are always so well organized I am a little jealous.

@mnwalkingqueen‌ - (((hugs)))

Thursday Truth - Stress will kill me, I have to get a handle on this. I am thinking about taking the weekend off and just making some time for me. Workout, pedicure, swim and maybe a movie. Just thinking about it makes me breath easier.

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

@L2T~Hooray for the scale victory this week! I’m in the same boat, trying to lose 40# by my cruise in August—seems doable if I would just get my act together!

@Tracy~It’s nerve-wracking for sure, I wouldn't even be looking (and haven’t been real aggressive in my search) but I've gone as far as I can at my current company. They fell thru with some promises also, so it’s time to see what else it out there for me. I try really hard not to eat fast food—if I do I try to stick to Chick-fil-A or Subway (although I don’t consider Subway fast food).

@Fattychique~Like others have suggested, just getting in 10-15 minutes of exercise here and there. Remember too, you don’t need to exercise to lose weight. Just set up your profile with a sedentary lifestyle, it will result in a lower caloric base—many here have lost their weight with little to no exercise. So it can be done.

Welcome to all of the newlings that have stopped by. You have found a great place for support and motivation—to receive the most benefits from being a part of this group stop back often and become part of the conversation so that we can get to know you better. Who knows, you may form some life-lasting friendships along the way—I couldn't imagine my life without anyone here in it.

We’ve been talking a little bit about retirement lately and I ran across this article on Business Insider this morning, about how much money you should have set aside for retirement at your current age/income. I've been paying into a 401k since I was 27, increasing my percentage every other raise. A 401k also shouldn't be your only source for retirement. I have other investments as well. Here is the link to the article and a retirement savings checkpoint (if you’re interested): http://www.businessinsider.com/retirement-savings-guide-2015-3

AFM~Waited until I got back from ortho doc before posting today—he injected the bursa with cortisone and put me in a boot for 4-6 weeks to protect my Achilles (less chance of rupture). I don’t need to sleep in it and I can take it off to swim, elliptical or bike but no walking—basically said time to face reality and stop running (a hard pill to swallow). :cry: I hope that I can return to walking once this heals—if it doesn't heal I’ll need surgery :frowning:, so fingers crossed this works. On another note, my Thursday truth is that I need to find my mojo again—the year so far hasn't been the greatest with some emotional ups/downs. I hope now I’m able to find my motivation again.
  • kah68
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @cblue315‌ (Lori)~Yikes, DS is really pushing your limits isn't he? No wonder you ate those tootsie rolls! I may have left him at the sheriff's office so he can figure his way home--I'm surprised they didn't put him in jail, they may still if he hasn't been arraigned yet from his DUI a few weeks back. I'm sorry for your continued stress, I think a weekend for "you" sounds like a fabulous idea! Hang in there.
  • NewCaddy
    Options
    Lori...I don't have old enough kids to be going through what you are and I'm sorry for him and for you. He might just have to be one that learns the hard way. I told my son that if I ever get a call from the cops overnight, I'll be leaving him there until at least morning. At this stage, I'm saying it to put the fear of God (or maybe the fear of me) in him. :wink: Again, haven't gone through it so it might be easier said than done. Good luck...thinking about you with all the trials you are facing right now.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Check in for today:

1. At or under calories 6/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    Week 2 - 4/7days
    Week 1 - 6/7 days

2. Walk at least 6 times per week, at least 3 miles each walk.
    Week 2 - 5/7 days
    Week 1 - 5/7 days

3. Note daily calories and miles in calendar and weight on Thursday morning.
    Week 2 - 5/7 days
    Week 1 - 7/7 days

4. Check in here every day if only to read the posts and keep current on the thread.
    Week 2 - 5/7 days
    Week 1 - 7/7 days

2015 Mantras:

Live like someone left the gate open (Live Joyously)
    Persevere

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Tanya -when I saw the new Apple watch the first thought across my mind was whether that strap was sturdy enough! Gosh how frustrating for you - the old wristwatch strap method seems much more sensible but would snag on clothes more, wouldn't it? Hope you get a replacement soon (poor lonely wrist!)

@L2T - glad you're feeling like you're back "in the groove!"

@Kah - Kelley - I'm sure you'll get a call back. I'm not so sure I believe the time frame, managements hiring time frame of "a couple of weeks" is so sensitive to a dollar here an a dollar there, its almost ridiculous, but when it comes down to the actual hiring they are willing to spend plenty to get the one they want - so ask for alot - all the perks you can get, up front!

I'm also very glad to hear about the Ortho doc booting your heal. My ex had both talus (heel) bones broken in a car accident and his healing time was so long. But he was terribly overweight and undermotivated. Not like you, little engine that could! You just get in that swimming pool as often as you can! I know you can avoid surgery. A good boot is a womans' best friend!

Do you get the PARADE Magazine down there? A columnist posed a salary question incorrectly, and now, online has corrected it to this:
    “Say you have a job offer with a choice of salaries. One is $30,000 annually with a $1,000 raise every year. The other is $15,000 semi-annually with a $300 raise every six months. Which one is better in the long run?” This was a challenge to me at first but I'm sure you'll get it right!
    How do others here answer this one?

@Newcomers - I say welcome too! You've already been told by others just keep coming back and reading and posting and you will start to feel accepted and comfortable. We are all here for the long run. Personally I have had scraped knees a lot from falling off the wagon. Heck, even a scraped chin, I've fallen so bad! But these friends just pick me back up, with friendship and hugs and its so helpful to turn to this place in stead of the refrigerator when you get the urge to nosh!

@CBlue - Lori - I agree with @tih - Tracy that your son needs to find his own way home (by foot power, since his license is suspended) -(although I understand as a mom, you were afraid of where he'd end up walking - that itself was a choice you didn't want him to make) but, a date must be set in your mind, and agreed to with your husband, when you are going to cut the strings (from your heart) and let him sink to the bottom, where his destiny lies. Let him do the hard work of building himself up again.
    Lori, it is a shame, that while you've been improving yourself, your loved ones have not improved their own circumstances. My heart goes out to you. When I think about the people related to you and surrounding you, you really don't have much support.
    Go for that weekend and take care of yourself!

@Tracy (tih) I wish I had a big brother like that! How sweet of him to order you to sleep back in college!

I drink pop too - the diet kind, and the decaf at night if I want something sweet - and I HAVE to have a CHERRY cola, not a plain cola, to the point where if I have to buy plain decaf cola, I will add squirts of Cherry fruit-flavored drink syrup (like to make Cool-Aid with) to make my Cherry Coke. I've never tried to cut back on it! I still get my real water in, so I figure the 3 or 4 diet pop a week won't hurt me. Now, the 15 packets of sweetener I use per day in my coffee might have some effect, however.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @LaurieK and @Skinniejeans - Karen - its very interesting to note what you're both saying tonight.

From my vantage point, you're both vigorous, athletic people, both in the same profession which forces you into long hours of sedentary work with only small bursts of energy, all the while enduring huge amounts of stress on an increasing scale each year.And your pitted against each other for "job security".

Despite the impediments of your jobs, both of you, in the past 4 years,have out-learned and out-performed me in applying the real-life facts of nutrition, exercise and weight-loss to your personal situations. You both have lost substantial amounts of weight, and increased the amount of activity you participate in. And you've kept the weight off through trying circumstances. You both have had serious problems in your personal lives.

Karen, you have continued to set goals of faster track times in your running and you keep meeting and surpassing them!
    Laurie - you keep exploring new interests in sports and now have so many interests you may have to take up space exploration to satisfy your ongoing need for new challenges!

Plain and simple: I look up to both of you. You're both examples of people who "got it right". And did it with grace as well. Neither of you has ever said an unkind word here. You offer good advice to every newcomer that comes along. You both exemplify what it means to give support and have support when losing weight.

So, to hear both of you admit you feel you are only 20 lbs away from your ideal weight, but have been content with your body this past year, makes me wonder, and want to ask you both to really question yourselves, about the need to lose that 20 lbs. Do you really need to?

If you were challenged by someone you consider really awesome, say Gorilla or someone who's gone as far as he can, say they challenged you to lose 10 lbs, and drop it fast, in 10 weeks or so, would you find the motivation?

Or is putting on muscle more important? Is eating proper protein to nourish your development more what you're about right now?

Just some thoughts and questions as I try to still the rumbling in my belly!

AFM -2 Meals of Cottage cheese so far today. Yummy. Also, my 95 y/o step-mom is in the hospital, very sick. I think she wants her wings to go to heaven....so thats what I'm currently talking to the Universe about. I'd be happy if she recovers tho - just being selfish.....

Also imsurance forced to drop my old rheumatology doctor and it actually turned out well. I LOVE my new R,doc, whom I met today - a very nice middle-aged woman, who actually spent 40 minutes getting to know me, and didn't think I was crazy :wink: !

She thinks I may have, on top of the rest of my little list of problems, "fibromyalgia" and told me to get back into the pool and do it every single day unless I have the best excuse in the world - meaning NONE!. She's also going to wean me off the prednisone which is good news! I see her again in a month, then she will confirm the fibro diagnosis or not.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    RobinsEgg wrote: »

Do you get the PARADE Magazine down there? A columnist posed a salary question incorrectly, and now, online has corrected it to this:
    “Say you have a job offer with a choice of salaries. One is $30,000 annually with a $1,000 raise every year. The other is $15,000 semi-annually with a $300 raise every six months. Which one is better in the long run?” This was a challenge to me at first but I'm sure you'll get it right!
    How do others here answer this one?

On the surface, it looks like the $1,000 annual raise is a better deal than the $300 raise every 6 months ... but in actuallity, I think you accummulate more income by going the 6-month route. Here's my thinking on it ...

Say the job started 1/1 and you got paid right away.
    looking at it on a 6-mo basis ....
    1/1 - 6/30 option 1 $30,000; option 2 $15,000
    7/1 - 12/31 option 1 ...0 ...; option 2 $15,300
    1/1 - 6/30 option 1 $31,000; option 2 $15,600
    7/1 - 12/31 opti0n 1 ... 0 ... ; option 2 $15,900
    1/1 - 6/30 option 1 $32,000; option 2 $16,200
    7/1 - 12/31 option 1 ... 0 ... ; option 2 $16,500

looking at it on an annual basis ...
    year 1. option 1 pays $30,000, option 2 pays $30,300
    year 2. option 1 pays $31,000, option 2 pays $31,500
    year 3. option 1 pays $32,000, optin 2 pays $32,700

Niki
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin-Thank you!!! Glad you like your new doctor and can get back to the pool.

Kah-I hope the boot and cortisone shot works for you and it heals quickly.

Lori- I agree with the others, that you should let your son learn the hard way.

Just a quick check in tonight.

I managed to swim yesterday and then today completed a brick of biking and running. It was a hard workout but good. Now that is out of the way for this week and I can enjoy the weekend.

For the runners out there or those who like to walk a 5K- I saw tonight that the Travis Manion Foundation is starting to put together their 9/11 hero's run for 2015. They have several new cities including Chicago. This run usually occurs around 9/11. I did this run last year in Annapolis and it was fun, atmosphere. Would anyone be interested in meeting up for this event? I will post a link later and more details as they become available.
    Have a great night.

• melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Quick check-in tonight as I need to hit the hay soon to be up early for school tomorrow. I agreed to sub at the middle school a few weeks ago, not realizing that it's the last day before Spring Break AND it's Friday the 13th! It's either going to be a really fun day or I'm going to need Tylenol, chocolate, and a nap when I get home! :smiley:

Doing OK over here. The weather is stunning this week, so I've been getting outside when I can (spent 2 hours at the park with 10 of my nieces & nephews this afternoon). Made a huge breakthrough with a project for a client this week, so after months of very little progress, we are rockin' and rollin' now. I'll be glad to have this project done! Gearing up for the weekend as I'll be on assignment for the newspaper. Got a hot tip about a marriage proposal going down during the St. Patrick's Day parade on Saturday, so I've been getting that set up with my editor and gathering background info - it'll be on the front page of Monday's paper. :smile:

Off to pack a healthy lunch for tomorrow, then head to bed. Have a great night!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--You know I'm interested in that run! Keep me posted on the details!

@robin--thank you so much for the kind words! In answer to your question, I don't necessarily feel the need to lose the 20 lbs so much as I know my body fat % isn't where I would like it to be. Ideally, if I could lose 10 lbs of fat and convert 10 lbs to muscle, I would do that. However, that's even harder than merely losing 20 lbs of fat. I also agree that I'm more concerned with continuing to put better nutrition in my body. I still eat way too much junk when it's available. You've definitely given me something to think about regarding my true goals. Sorry to hear about you step-mother--hugs to you.

@lori--I'm much better at organizing my goals than I am at completing them. :blush: I'm sorry about the continued stress regarding your son. I have no children, so no sage advice for you--just hugs and good vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again, I'm short on time for personals. Still have 12 outlines to grade.

AFM--Good news regarding my shoulder. Last week my PT did some sort of adjustment on my shoulder and I think I'm finally on the mend. No more neck or back pain, and my shoulder pain is diminished as well. Today at my PT session, I had a much better range of motion and strength, so hoping this continues.

More good news. I found out that my 5th class next year will be Public Speaking. It is a one semester elective open to grades 10-12. I've never taught it, but a colleague already forwarded me the entire curriculum, so I probably won't have to do much in terms of creating lessons for the class. Of course, I will have to go through her units and learn the curriculum, but I used to run the Speech Team, so I'm at least familiar with the skill objectives. I'm actually really excited about this new prep--oh, and did I mention no papers to grade? :smiley:

Thursday Truth:
    Ate like a beast yesterday--coffee cake, munchkins, chips, ugh! Today was better but certainly not perfect.

March Challenge:
    At or under calories 5/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    Week 1: At/under calories 4/7 (but one day I was only over by 7 calories) UNDER FOR WK

All-in strength challenge=core work 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs (sick most of week though)
    Week 2: x/3 core; PT DONE; x/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 40/64 BNW journal reflections
    2. 3/64 AP essays
    3. 7/16 AP analysis activities
    4. 48/60 JRP outlines

Exercise Goals: (week 2)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Wed--meeting
    Thurs--PT DONE + gym ??? NOT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @Robin No pictures of DH's hand. The biopsy was exactly what you described. I didn't know what it was called. We changed the dressing this morning. There isn't much to see. The cancer was the size of a dime. When the doctor sewed it up she trimmed the skin away so it wouldn't create a tuck. That resulted in a rather long incision, but it is beautifully sewn and hardly shows, even with the stitches.
    @‌Lori. Hugs. You have a lot on your plate right now.
    @Laurie and @Karen I'm right there with you. I keep telling myself that I need to lose another 15 to 20 pounds. I wonder if subconsciously, I am really satisfied with where I am. I feel great and look so much better than I have in years, that I just don't have the same incentive I did when I started. I'm also really afraid to do anything that would be too hard for me to maintain over a lifetime. I would rather stay where I am than lose 15 or 20 pounds and then gain them back. I've done that too many times.

Today was busy. There was no school today because of parent-teacher conferences. Since Nicole is a teacher and Cathy is a para, they had to work. I had Nicole's little ones, as usual, as well as Cathy's two foster kids. Nicole called about noon to say that she was running out of cookies for the baked goods sale they were having at the middle school, so I hurried and made some snickerdoodles. In the meantime, the man came to do the routine maintenance on the furnace, and the grandson that lives here had half a dozen friends over for a role playing game. It's quiet now. I had a great 4 mile walk, but I had to go alone. Cathy and Nicole were doing PT Conferences, and DH isn't supposed to exercise until his stitches are out. The sunset was beautiful.
    Good job on the losses. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I got so busy watching the end of Prison Break last night that I forgot to post. No fast food yesterday, but again too much munching on bread. Ughh... still feeling the time change, and I wonder why it's still lingering into Thursday.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to All.
    Taking all your words into consideration. Thank you. Today I am making it a low stress day. I am skipping spin class and going swimming instead. If it truly warms up this afternoon I will get my road bike out.
    Hubby and I had a great talk last night. A few more things are out in the open between us. Son will be contacting the treatment center today. I want him in there as soon as he can. Hubby agreed!
    Hubby and I are having a date night on Saturday, just the two of us and no errands or anything else to get in the way. I am thinking dinner, a walk by the river and maybe a movie.
    Had another Terrible day food wise yesterday. I did not log it. Today is another day. I will be good to myself today. I will remember to breathe. I will drink my water. I will be mindful of my choices today. Including my choice of how I react to what comes my way.

@skinnyjeanzbound‌ - Yea on the 5th class. And no grading! The progress on the shoulder is well timed for summer activities I hope it continues to get better.

@Lauriek70‌ - Sign me up! Sounds up my alley for the run. I have been contemplating a short trip by myself this year and this may be it.

@RobinsEgg‌ - So sorry about your stepmom, hugs to you both. Great news about the Prednisone, I cannot tolerate the stuff and the two times I was on it for short periods I got pretty ill. And so glad you got a doctor you like. So many of them are determined to push through as many patients each day it is difficult to really *kitten* the needs of any of them. I was a receptionist at a clinic for a year and I saw so much going on there and was truly appalled. There are some very good doctors out there but there are also some pretty bad ones. I am glad you got a good one.

I think this would apply to any of us on this thread -

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." Thomas A. Edison
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    Well, it's official. DHs company filed Chapter 11. Supposedly there are multiple bidders to buy the business when they emerge from bankruptcy in 120 days. No telling what effect this will have on the short or long term other than as a long term employee (33 years), his pension took a 250-300k hit. So much for the many dollars we contributed. Just glad his 401k is untouchable by the idiots who mismanaged the company and caused this mess. :s

Not going to let the stress of all this sideline my weight loss. That would just add to the misery and I refuse to let this bump in the road impact me in ways I can control.

Have a good day everyone!
  • kah68
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Robinsegg~Thank you so much! I hope you’re right about avoiding surgery—I feel like it will have to happen in the future though (he was ready to schedule it yesterday). He feels that in order prevent further issues he needs to lengthen my Achilles (2nd time I've had a partial tear), I think this is buying me some time and hopefully I can put it off for a while. I’m so glad you found a new rheumatologist that you like! One aspect about working in healthcare is that I learn about who the good docs are—I've lucked out with a great internist that spends time & listens to me, along with my staff of great orthopedists! LOL

Yes, we do get Parade down here but it’s in the Sunday paper which I don’t subscribe to. But to answer the riddle—the second scenario is the answer due to compounding. At the end of two years you’d be $800 ahead. :smile:

@Karen~Oh, public speaking is always an interesting class. I took two semesters in college but I don’t recall taking in high school—can be a fun class though. Yay, for no papers to grade—just interesting speeches to listen to. :wink:

@Laurie~I would love to meet up in Chicago for that run; although, I will probably have to walk it—maybe @Susan2396 will want to walk it with me. :wink:

AFM~It felt really good to get out of bed this morning and be pain free for the first time in about 6 months, gotta love cortisone! :smiley: Last night I didn’t have the pain associated with that shot after the lidocaine wears off—that was a nice surprise. I forgot how awkward these orthopedic boots can be, this one is up to my knee but walking better in it today--just had to get used to it. As a result of feeling better, I plan to get to the gym tomorrow—I will either swim or bike and do some weights.
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Oof. If anybody's looking for a fresh leg workout, I recommend going to the park and climbing up the slides. The kids and I were doing that yesterday, and my legs are sooooore today!

It's an easy day at the middle school - they're watching Hop in Spanish with English subtitles. I brought my laptop and am getting some of my own work done. So far the only "glitch" is that this teacher has first lunch, so I ate my salad at 10:45AM. I'm going to be starving by the time we leave at 3:10!

@kah68 - Glad you're feeling good today. I hope you can avoid surgery for a while longer.

@lives2travel - Sorry to hear about DH's company, but I applaud you for realizing that you are still in control of your diet and fitness.

@cblue315 - Bless your heart. *hug*
  • NewCaddy
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Kelley…sorry to hear about your Achilles. I’ll pray it heals without the need for surgery and that you can get back to all the activities you love.
    @Robin…sorry to hear about your step-mom. I know she’s so special to you. I’m glad you found a doctor you like. I think that makes a world of difference.
    @Karen…based on your grading schedule, I’m glad you have a 5th class that won’t require much grading in the way of papers. HA!
    @Kaye…that is a busy day and full of fun. I love hearing my kids laugh with their friends.
    @Lori…I’m glad to hear your son will go to treatment. My husband did that and it was such a good thing in not only his life, but all of his family’s. And boy, it sounds like you are making some great strides with your husband.

AFM…We didn’t get to the gym yesterday. My sister and her fiancé were picking out suits after work and by the time she got done, she just didn’t have the energy to do it. That’s okay, as I had lots of things to do. First thing I got to do after work was ground Emma. She was given a 6:00 return home time on Wednesday and I headed to the gym. Dad said she still wasn’t home by 7:00 and not at the place she was supposed to be (a different friend a street over). He was hopping mad when I finally got home. He had told her there would be punishment but was going to discuss it with me. She has lost her iPad for the week and no friends for a week. All Michael and I can think is if she’s breaking these curfews at age 8, what’s she going to try as a teenager????

After that I took my Mom to the store to upgrade her to her first smart phone. It always takes so long at the store and then after that I spent about an hour with her trying to show her how to text and talk for now. I told her to not get frustrated, that it takes everyone some time to get used to it and that after a week, she’ll be fine with it. After that, we’ll go over some of the other options available to her. Then it was time to pick up Jacob from his science project – Volcano time!!

And my favorite part? I remembered to pre-plan and had a chicken dish in the oven and used my delayed start. It was ready as we each got home and we all got a good meal instead of fast food because I was tired/lazy.

This week:
    • Cardio – 2 / 3
    • Lifting – 1 / 2
    • Water – 1 / 5 (which reminds me, I need to go get my water bottle filled)
    • Calories – 4 / 6

Today:
    • 75 oz of water
    • Meet Calories
    • Lift
    • Put away clean clothes
    • Shop for essentials
    • Buccaneer Bash at Emma’s school
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    Check in for today:

1. At or under calories 6/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    Week 2 - 5/7days
    Week 1 - 6/7 days

2. Walk at least 6 times per week, at least 3 miles each walk.
    Week 2 - 6/7 days
    Week 1 - 5/7 days

3. Note daily calories and miles in calendar and weight on Thursday morning.
    Week 2 - 6/7 days
    Week 1 - 7/7 days

4. Check in here every day if only to read the posts and keep current on the thread.
    Week 2 - 6/7 days
    Week 1 - 7/7 days

2015 Mantras:

Live like someone left the gate open (Live Joyously)
    Persevere