Senior Golden Sneakers -May 2011

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Looks like this thread is slowing down a lot. But we have always slow down in the spring and summer. Too Pretty to be stuck inside

Went to the store this morning and bought the biggest cantalope I have ever seen. I sliced made 2 cups Will never eat it all. And it was good too.also bought some strawberries and some fresh blacberries. What was I thinking. ? I can freeze the strawberries and blackberries but not the cantalope.

Here's to everyone to have a wonderful day. luv ya' Marie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im the lazy bones in this bunch. Woke at 11am! Well, I weighed this morning and the news is not good. So its back to the drawing board for me. Ill get to the gym while we are at home, and I have yard work to do as well. I will enter my weight when I turn on my desktop pc.
    Sandy, have you tried compression wraps on your knee? Just wondering. Im sorry it is giving you so much trouble.
    Marie, you are an earlybird! And you got some great fruits to munch on, hope you enjoy them.
    today I want to get some laundry done. No rain for today and tomorrow, so I can hang things outside in the fresh air.
    donna, I like your new photo, and yes it is wonderful when it is springtime.
    gigi, so glad you had fun! Laughter is the best! Enjoy your search for a new tree, the nurseries are so filled with beautiful things at this time of year.
    Dh has an appt with a cardiologist today. Hopefully we will resolve the issue of his heart murmur once and for all..one dr says dont worry about it, another says, wow, its huge!
    Vegetables tonight, yum!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Went to the store this morning and bought the biggest cantalope I have ever seen. I sliced made 2 cups Will never eat it all. And it was good too.also bought some strawberries and some fresh blacberries. What was I thinking. ? I can freeze the strawberries and blackberries but not the cantalope.

Marie, I freeze melon all the time. We'd never be able to eat all we grow. Cut from the rind, then cut into chunks. Put in freezer bags but do not crowd. Get as much air out of the bag as possible. Lay flat to freeze. Once frozen, break the slab into pieces. You can then consolidate several bags into one. Because the melon is frozen in chunks, you can remove just what you need and keep the rest frozen. My hubby likes it when it is still a little frozen but as long as you eat it right after its thaws, it is just fine.

Cantaloupe freezes better than Honey Dew (less water in it), but we've even frozen watermelon.

Connie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, just checking in briefly before heading for the kitchen to cook my evening meal. Will get back later but wanted to say
    Marie what a delightful photo of you with your mum. I could give you both a hug!!

See you in a bit.

Jackie:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Marie, I freeze melon all the time. We'd never be able to eat all we grow. Cut from the rind, then cut into chunks. Put in freezer bags but do not crowd. Get as much air out of the bag as possible. Lay flat to freeze. Once frozen, break the slab into pieces. You can then consolidate several bags into one. Because the melon is frozen in chunks, you can remove just what you need and keep the rest frozen. My hubby likes it when it is still a little frozen but as long as you eat it right after its thaws, it is just fine

Connie
    The only frozen melon I have eaten i bought at the super mkt. and it smell like fish......... ugh .......So i never bought anymore..

i must have miss the jock from Judy about Elton baby. Where is it.?
    Options
    Marie, Judy's Elton joke is on page 7

Your frozen cantelope must have been contaminated. It freezes well, and you can buy frozen melon balls.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,126 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!

Another busy day getting things ready for Babe's daughter and me getting ready for my trip. I haven't forgotten any of you and miss all of you!! I will be back to normal next week but I have been reading all the posts, just don't have time to respond.

Today is Daisy's 2nd birthday, she has spent most of the day sleeping after opening her presents. I am hoping to get a walk in with her after dinner but my knee feels good today and I am not sure it that is a wise thing to do. Pushing Babe is not an easy chore.

Time to make dinner, Daisy gets a steak for her birthday, she will be so excited.

Talk to you soon.
    Options
    Happy Birthday Daisy!

69178472862370.jpg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Birthday Daisy!

69178472862370.jpg

Woof Woof Woof...which translated means thank you Phoebe!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    830682zhs68ovvt7.gif

Happy Birthday to Daisy from Barbie, Jake, Sasha, and Brandy :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie birthday to dasiy was so cute I just had to copy it and use it too.

Happy Birthday Daisy. what did you get for your Birthday

BzarbiesDaisy.gif
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Daisy says thank you for the birthday wishes. She got lots of new toys and a steak dinner, so she had a wonderful day!!

Leaving for Minnesota tonight so I have lots to do today. Babe's daughter will be here this afternoon so I want to be done when she arrives. I will try to check in from my daughter's house but I am not bringing my laptop since she has computers.

Have a great weekend,
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies:

Checking in and loved the joke by Judy.

Dentist appointment today my usual check up. My regular hygenist is off today so having another girl
    they consider temporary, hopes she's good lol.

Weather here in Ontario is finally getting warm. Today it will be 78 degrees and I have already done my
    35 mins. walk around the neighborhood. I am the only one walking when I go out it seems. Nice sidewalks
    along the way so not too many times I have to walk in the street. :smile:

We are not planting our summer flowers around here not until May 24 weekend which is Queen Victoria holiday.
    I didn't take off work this year but the following weekend will be Memorial Day and since I work across the border
    I will have that weekend off. The grass is growing and DB has mowed a few times already.
    They are predicting rain some time today.

DB has been so busy getting our new/old boat ready for the water it has been taking a lot of his time. Once it is in
    the water I can starting cleaning the inside and get it ready for use. We are pretty excited with this new purchase.
    We still have to sell our other sailboat but we don't think it will be a problem. If anyone wants to see pictures it
    is on my profile.

Have a wonderful Friday the 13th. :tongue:
    Options
    yAY FOR fRIDAY THE 13TH!! FOR NO REAL REASON :laugh:
    How are you all doing today? Great I hope. Im so disgusted with my weight. It has not dropped, or my scale is very wrong.. usually the former, I think. I will weigh at the gym today, and at the dr. on Monday. I've followed my weight watchers points plan, even varying the points per day, similar to the Wendy plan, even trying to cut back on points somewhat. Then I also go back to the regular points allowance. So today is another day, and I'm not really denying myself, so I can continue on the plan, win lose or draw!!
    I've got some errands to do today. I thought my husband meant 'dinner' as in tonight when he called his sister and made plans to take her to dinner. He has since corrected me, 'dinner' means lunch. So I will be cooking for two tonight after all. I was going to just have steamed vegetables.
    Shirley, it sounds like you have been sailing for quite a while, so I know you will enjoy yourselves. That is a great temp, 78 degrees, just right with a little breeze. Maybe you will inspire more walkers to join you.
    Our community is taking donations for the tornado victims. I'm going to take the list with me and pick up some things to drop off.
    It is a pretty long list.
    have a great day
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello everyone'

Just got done removing all the roots from the Ivy that was under the Pine Tree, what a job:noway: :noway: :noway: the ivy was also dead so no choice but to get it out of there, tomorrow we're going to see if we find a fast growing tree, need the shade asap.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Elli- I know how busy you're, just post when you can.

Pheobe - Good luck keep on track and getting ready for the Dr's on monday.

Barb - I miss you, hope you're taking care of yourself

Donna - Goods news about getting such a great results.

Maddie - Hope each day is a little better, thinking about you and your family.

Take care,

Gigi
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello again,.

Just getting ready to go out for dinner,:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Donna - thanks for yours comments when I lost the weight, you have been such an asset to this group and your are doing so well.

Debz - you're just a super person, enjoy all your comments and support, thanks for taking the time to write something special. when I posted.

Buzz - Did you get in at the Greek Taverna? How was the lamb chop? sounds delicious

Have a great evening everyone.

Gigi
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Yay! Yes Gigi, we got in at Chris's Taverna, and you must try it at Lantana and Jog on your next visit. Hysterical place with great Greek food, and just finished the last of my 5 chops here at home tonight! Heard their stuffed cabbage, and the mussels are fabulous, too!
    Now gott a just say hi, and go watch "Secretariat" which came in the mail today from Netflix! Busy busy busy days, but the weekend should improve.
    Going to a hematologist Monday to find out why my platelets count is falling. I didn't think about it twice until I remebered my DH's 1st wife had bone CA, and he had mentioned platelets counts sometime way back! I refuse to do an intenet search, or I'll think I have everything I find on every site!
    Manana, everyone :wink:
    Buzz
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneakers,

Went out with my tree sisters tonight for a meal and drinks. We try to get together every 8 weeks or so. We talk and talk and tonight got asked to leave as they were waiting to close:laugh:
    Went to a carvery and I was doing fine, then I'm afraid I gave in to temptation and had a jam sponge with custard. Shame on me! Naughty but nice:laugh: I will be very good tomorrow:wink:

I have read all the posts, but will reply tomorrow cos I must get to bed as I am working tomorrow morning.

Just want to say though....

A big well done to you lovely ladies that have lost weight this week.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

A big well done to you lovely ladies who have tried, but the scales don't appreciate the hard work! Keep going and you will get there:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Donna: My mum had that saying too and I say it to my kids/grandkids:bigsmile:
  • viliberty1957
    viliberty1957 Posts: 194
    Options
    Just popping in to say "Hi!" God Bless you everyone. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Irene.