Senior Golden Sneakers -May 2011

Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    It was my big mouth that dropped the hint, so Im not complaining. We are going to switch our load with someone and we will go back to Calif. Then after that we will go home.
    yes, Jackie, thanks so much for bee facts. It helps to understand them, doesnt it? I saw a movie I liked, The Secret Life of Bees. A southern movie.
    Jeffrey! Well whadayaknow! Good to here you are all doing well and that you get to play the Father of the Bride. Take care.
    Shirley, thats a great picture of you!
    marie, have a wonderful dinner, its the bread at golden corral that does me in.
    im done in anyway today. I should never have taken a nibble of that cornbread muffin. It was sweet and cakelike. I ate a whole muffin! It was dessert for me. I know better, but thats done.
    dh says he is homesick for homecooked vegetables and cornbread. Me too. And we will have good meals when we get home. We sometimes have lunch while we are out, but we never want dinner anywhere but home. Im not a big cooker, but manage to do ok for a week or two.
    connie, Im looking forward to another filet of swai fish.
    talk to you later, nap time.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO EVERYONE!

Thanks Jeffrey, I just knew you would be back someday. So wonderful to hear from you my dear friend.
    Happy Mother Day to Day too..How is the Moms. Send me your name for twitter did not keep it. How is your garden Did you make it thru the winter OK. Bad year for Mother nature Let us here from you again soon.

Well look like the old granny did not go back far enough or I would have found some of my question answer. Really great to hear from you. glad to hear Joe is doing fine. Kinds regards to the whole family.Been Missing you.
    I am doing fine . Jerry just got thru with radistion treatment for cancer of the throat. Its been 35 years since either one of us has smoke. But the doctor thinks that what cause it. Hope to hear next week if the treatment work or not.
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, sorry about hi-jacking your thread but I wanted to drop in and say HELLO to Caliecat!!!! Been thinking of you...
    Everyone, have a BLESSED MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Jeffrey, how great to hear from you again and hear that you've maintained your weight loss and are still so fit that you are having great success in races.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I hope we'll hear from you more often.

:flowerforyou: Jeri, that was a great joke :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Jackie, thanks to you I know something about bees now.......:bigsmile:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Marie, be careful at the Golden Corral......there will probably be too much sodium in the food :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:bigsmile:
    My new quote for the day:
    Success is inspirational………disaster is educational.

:flowerforyou: my new profile picture is Jake and me with grandsons, Jesse and Jack..........their mom sent me the picture as part of a special e mailed Mother's Day card.....that's enough to make Mothers Day perfect for me :bigsmile:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello before going to bed. It has been a wonderful day with the Honors Ceremony for Katie, then free cocktail hour at the hotel and then a nice dinner. I didn't do too bad on calories today, but am too tired to try and figure them out. I had my normal breakfast, but a chicken crepe with chicken for lunch and halibut for dinner. Even with the wine because of all the walking I did today, I would venture to say I was under calories. Tomorrow is the graduation with a party for friends to follow and then dinner later. The hotel is beautiful, the weather was perfect and now it is time for some needed sleep.

Don't forget me, I will be back in form Tuesday.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey ladies, sorry about hi-jacking your thread but I wanted to drop in and say HELLO to Caliecat!!!! Been thinking of you...
    Everyone, have a BLESSED MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!
    from "hammbone"

Hammbone you can hj-jack us anytime. i am so delighted to hear from you old buddie. I sent you a Pm just now. come and join us if you like We all get along pretty good. really a great bunch. we will even put you on our birthday list. I'll be yelling at you on facebook some luvI am going to see if I can fine you on FB Luv 'ya Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I goof up
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    P1020469-1.jpg

Here's a photo of some of the azaleas flowering in my garden. Last night's rain has hopefully given them a new lease of life because the ground was becoming parched and no amount of tap water was going to help.

Jackie
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi! :wink:

Barbie I love that quote. Saving it!

I got on to say :flowerforyou: Happy Mother's Day:flowerforyou: to all you wonderful ladies!

Love you all!

Dee
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

I don't want to brag or make anyone jealous or anything, but
    I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

National Girlfriend and Sister's Week
    I am only as strong as the coffee I drink, the hairspray I use, and the friends I have.
    To the cool women who have touched my life. Here's to you!

It is good to be a woman:

1. We got off the Titanic first.
    2. We can scare male bosses with mysterious gynecological disorder excuses.
    3. Taxis stop for us.
    4. We don 't look like a frog in a blender when dancing.
    5. No fashion faux pas we make could ever rival the Speedo.
    6. We don 't have to pass gas to amuse ourselves.
    7. If we forget to shave, no one has to know.
    8. We can congratulate our teammate without ever touching her rear end.
    9. We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.
    10. We have the ability to dress ourselves.
    11. We can talk to the opposite sex without having to picture them naked.
    12. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we are aware that we will look like an idiot.
    13. We will never regret piercing our ears.
    14. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
    15. We can make comments about how silly men are in their presence because they aren't listening anyway.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sandy yos got that right..
    Good to see you report in., ,......................Have fun.
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sandy, that's BRILLIANT!
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    W73YA.jpg

Finnally, flowers in my yard.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    W73YA.jpg

Finnally, flowers in my yard.

Very lovely Jeri. so pretty.

Oldtyke Happy to see you today. both of you ladies have a wonderful Mother day You too Msrilyn. you two Marilyn
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: 'HAPPY MOTHERS DAY' to all you lovely sneakers ladies across the pond and NZ?:drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Here I am, completely screwed up, though I think I'm thrilled with the new refrigerator. I've been reading reviews on Samsung all day (78 of 'em) trying to learn something about how to organize the various sections, would you believe? The center Flexible Temperature drawer had me really confused, along with all the new technology, and my poor brain is rattling around, and I've skipped breakfast yesterday, and lunch today, so my face is red from shame, but by tomorrow I should be back to somewhat NORMAL, at least for me! I did read this page's posts, and happy to see all's well with our old friend Jeffrey, and everyone's flowers are gorgeous! If I can figure out how th digital camera works again, I might try to snap this years' crop of flowers, though they look like last years crop, anyway. The ones I'm using as my "picture" are out in full bloom, my favorite lime colored fringed Digbyana orchids.
    Just want to make sure I wish you all a VERY HAPPY MOTHERS DAY, whether you are Mothers, Daughters, or sons! Y'all have a pleasureable celebration of being alive!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Buzz
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Would You marry Again? - Priceless
    A husband and wife are sitting quietly in bed reading when the Wife looks over
    at him and asks the question....
    WIFE: "What would you do if I died? Would you get married Again?" HUSBAND: "Definitely not!"
    WIFE: "Why not? Don't you like being married?" HUSBAND: "Of course I do.." WIFE: "Then why
    wouldn't you remarry? " HUSBAND: "Okay, okay, I'd get married again." WIFE: "You would?" (with a hurt look)
    HUSBAND: (makes audible groan) WIFE: "Would you live in our house?" HUSBAND: "Sure, it's a great house."
    WIFE: "Would you sleep with her in our bed?" HUSBAND: "Where else would we sleep?" WIFE: "Would
    you let her drive my car?" HUSBAND: "Probably, it is almost new." WIFE: "Would you replace my pictures with hers?"
    HUSBAND: "That would seem like the proper thing to do." WIFE: "Would you give her my jewelry?"
    HUSBAND: "No, I'm sure she'd want her own." WIFE: "Would you take her golfing with you?
    HUSBAND: "Yes, those are always good times." WIFE: "Would she use my clubs? HUSBAND: "No,
    she's left-handed." WIFE: -- silence -- HUSBAND: "crap"
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: we just came back from our Mothers Day celebration. I took the dogs to the dog park at 7:15 AM because i knew there was going to be a big kids' game day there and I wanted to be in and out before there were any children around. The parking lot was already blocked off so I had to park at the other end of the city park and walk the dogs for about 10 minutes(past ducks, geese, and many small birds) to get to the dog park. The girls ran and chased birds off leash for over an hour then I leashed them and returned the 10 minute walk past all the birds to get to the car. Later, Jake and I went to town in the rain to the arts and crafts fair that was part of the Irrigation Festival and watched the Olympic Mountain Cloggers perform. Two of my line dance friends are cloggers. Then we went out to lunch. We went to a new Mexican restaurant that didn't look good once we got inside so we decided to leave and walked across the street to a familiar Chinese restaurant and had a fabulous lunch (I had chicken curry with brown rice and egg flower soup).:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!! Enjoy your day, you have earned it!! Think of you all often. Gayla <3
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh Jake that's a good one!

Finally we have RAIN! You can hear all the plants slurping it up! I put loads of veg seedlings in yesterday and they are all standing to attention this morning.

Hope you all enjoyed Mothers day yesterday and were thoroughly spoiled. We had ours a few weeks ago. Spoke to my sister who had been over to see her son in New Jersey and she was saying how much colder and wetter it had been over there. We've probably had our summer! It did this last year!

My lilac trees are beautiful, laden with blossom and perfuming the garden. If I can work out how to post pictures I will put them on.

Have a relaxing Sunday be back soon, Judi xx