Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. It’s been crazy busy this week. It seems as though a lot people on here is going through a rough time with job losses, family, illness and injuries. My heart goes out to everyone.
    I have started to log again. Feels good to be on track. I have a friend coming to town this weekend. Thankfully she’s also working on getting healthy and is training for a half marathon. If she wasn’t on a similar path as me I am afraid I would go nuts. Having a friend in town has always been a good excuse to go wild with food in the past. I do have a fear of binge eating – I don’t know why. I have this weird psychological urge to stuff my face. It’s gross and weird. I think it’s just my old behaviors trying to make an appearance and I keep telling them no. So far I have resisted. I actually realized today that it has been over 5 months since I have ate any of the food lying around the office. (they like to eat around here and always have leftovers from meetings/parties). I am proud of myself control. Last night I was feeling lazy and there is a Subway below my apartment. I went onto their website and built the sandwich I wanted. If I were to get the sandwich the way I wanted it I would have been about 50 calories over my calorie allowance. Sure I could have made modifications to fit my calorie allowance but I opted not to get the sandwich. It wasn’t worth eating a sandwich that wasn’t the way I wanted. Instead, I stopped being lazy and made my dinner within my calorie allowance that was far more nutritious than a Subway sandwich. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted for awhile I got the hubby back off to work for two months yesterday and my son doesn't come home for another month so its just me and my daughter for the next month. Probably be mostly just me and the animals since she has a boyfriend now and spends a lot of her time outside of work with him. Yesterday was a really bad no good horrible food day. It was also the first day I haven't logged since the middle of January. The hubby and I got into a pretty bad argument on Tuesday night and even though we worked it out and got back on the same page Wednesday that was his last day home so the residual little bits of yucky feelings made the day less and so I was a lot more bummed and moody yesterday when he left then I usually am. I woke up this morning though and the sun was shining and it was beautiful out so I shook off the bad mood and got back on track. I have got to remember to check calorie counts before I eat. My mom and I went grocery shopping today after I purged all the junk food from the house and we were out until one and I was starving so I picked up some Chinese bbq pork from the deli. It has ALOT more calories then I figured but of course I didn't know until I ate and then logged. Thank goodness for my long walk today, lol.

@holly I am so sorry to hear about your job. You are taking it very well and should be super proud of yourself. I know this is just going to lead you to something better.
    @Robin yeah for finding a Dr that actually listens they are becoming an almost extinct species in todays world
    @lives2travel sorry to hear about dh job. Sounds like you guys were doing everything right to be able to enloy your retirement and to have part of that yanked out from under you through no fault of your is pretty messed up.
    @tlh0407 sounds like you handled the situation with your daughter just right. In a way its kind of good she is trying these things younger since it gives you a chance to reinforce the idea of the consequences to these behaviors while it is still relatively harmless.
    @kah sorry to hear about your Achilles. That was what put me down for so long last summer. The dr told me at my weight it would be really easy now to reinjure it so anytime I start feeling twinges in that area I break out the ankle brace and put it back on for a couple of days. I really don't want a repeat performance of last year.

Well I had more personals but the dogs went spazzy and in the process of getting them calmed down my old timers set in and I forgot :) So on that note everyone have a great day and remember you are all wonderful :)
  • steelwill7us
    steelwill7us Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    on the same journey went from need to lose 100 to only 95lbs now
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Oops, had a lot written and somehow lost it all. Just wanted to share that this has been a horrible, terrible, awful week for me ... but is getting better now.

I had horrible cravings and huge hunger all week. I didn't know what was causing it ... could have been the beans in my 16-bean vegetable soup, or the pre-packaged cold breakfast cereal instead of my usual hot porridge, or having fruit in the house again after a week or so of not having any fruit or milk in the house (althought I did have dairy products that I ate instead). Or was it something about the Ides of March coming soon and the full moon that passed by recently? Lord only knows, and thank God that I'm feeling back on track again today. Made porridge for breakfast!.

Hey everyone, I got that tire replaced! Turns out I had a blow-out in the sidewall of the tire and the road-hazard insurance I'd purchased along with the tires paid for more than half the cost of getting the exact same new tire installed on my car. The spare is now safely back in the trunk where it belongs. I think the heavy snow and ice shards in our driveways and parking lots, or the pot holes that I could not avoid, might have been the culprit to blow out a tire that only had 16,000 miles on it (rated for 80K life expectancy).

There have been quite a few new posters in the past week or so ... and I wanted to take a moment to offer my own welcome. Everyone has made great efforts to welcome the newlings. ... Welcome @steelwill7us, @tryinliz, @sineanbroc, @KMHtime, @Fattychique, @laindia85, @pgroni, @armaines420, @2ledbetter, all who've joined us in these first days of March ... sorry If I missed saying hello to anyone, and hope you all get to know us and let us get to know you.

Follow-through
    Niki

PS ... Friday Fitness ... I did exercises in bed today for my legs and back. Felt really good.
    PPS .... I've been keeping up with the posts, Everyone, and will talk to you soon.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Welcome to all of the newlings--sorry I've been remiss in getting to know all of you. It's been a busy week--I generally do much better at posting on the weekends when the rest of you slow down and I can catch up.

@niki--sorry you are having such a terrible week, but it sounds like you are back on track with your porridge.

@tammy--at least with the house to yourself (mostly) you will have more control over the food. :)

@jennbo--It's funny, I've never had a consistent problem with binge eating, but every once in a big while, I just go nuts. There's really no rhyme or reason to it--I think it's a combo of availability (meaning someone brings a bunch of junk to work) and starting the day off on the wrong foot. I've learned that if my first food of the day if crappy, I can easily spiral out of control. This morning someone brought those ginormous Costco muffins that are so delicious. I was tempted to eat "just a piece" but forced myself to eat my hard boiled egg first, telling myself I could have some muffin later in the day. By lunch the craving had passed and I managed to satisfy myself with some much lower calorie animal crackers instead.

@tracy (tlh)--Yes, I'm really looking forward to a class that has little to no writing to grade. Oh no, about your daughter breaking curfew, but good job setting a consequence. Also, congrats on thinking to use the delayed start on your oven. I'm sure mine has one, but I would never think to use it.

@melissa--Yes, I think I'm always most sore after spending the day at the playground with my niece. Last summer I taught her about climbing up the slide backwards--much to my sister's chagrin. But hey, my job as her aunt is to teach her to break the rules, right? ;)

@kelley--yes, I think I could do a lot of fun stuff with the class. Glad the cortisone shot helped and hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Also, if we do end up doing that race in Chicago, I have a lot of friends who would probably join us, and many are walkers. However, I also just realized that my Godson is getting married September 12th, so if it's that weekend, I won't be able to join you guys.

@L2T--Oy, that stinks, stinks, stinks! I have no other words. (Well, I do but they aren't so nice, so I'll refrain from sharing) :(

@lori--Yes, I'm excited that my shoulder might be 100% by summer when I'll actually have time to start lifting again.

@kaye--I know what you mean--I also would rather stay this weight than lose 20 only to gain it back.

@tanya--Oh, I loved Prison Break!!

March Challenge:
    At or under calories 5/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    Week 1: At/under calories 4/7 (but one day I was only over by 7 calories) UNDER FOR WK

All-in strength challenge=core work 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs (sick most of week though)
    Week 2: x/3 core; PT DONE; x/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 64/64 BNW journal reflections DONE
    2. 3/64 AP essays
    3. 7/16 AP analysis activities
    4. 60/60 JRP outlines DONE

Exercise Goals: (week 2)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Wed--meeting
    Thurs--PT DONE + gym ??? NOT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yes, @skinnyjeanzbound‌, that is totally the aunt's job! My SILs (well, one is an ex-SIL now) let me get away with a lot since I'm pretty much the kids' second mother. I try to respect the important boundaries, though.

As predicted earlier, I was soooooo hungry by the time school got out. A hunger headache was taking hold, and I still had to run a couple of errands, so I rationalized going through the drive-thru ("I'll have fast food today but not on Sunday"; "I haven't slipped up at all this week", etc.). BUT! I remembered that I have an 8-day streak of not eating fast food going and was loathe to break it, so I ran my errands, got my butt home, and made wraps out of the spicy shredded chicken I made in the slow cooker a couple of days ago. I also dragged myself to the gym for elliptical time, even though I wasn't in the mood at all. FTW! Treated myself to a movie I've been wanting to see - Austenland. SO GOOD! I need to buy it. :smile:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @melissa--Great job talking yourself out of the fast food!!

AFM--Oh my, this week felt like it took forever to finally get to Friday! I'm sure next week will feel even worse since it's the last week before spring break. I can't wait to have a breather. Though I'll have a set of papers to grade, I shouldn't have much else. Looking forward to some down time plus extra visits to the gym. :)

Some of you may recall that the DH and I had just started a strict budget before his mother dropped off that money she felt she owed us. It has been used for a few bills and a splurge dinner or two, but now we're back to the budget. I'll need to factor in a trip to the salon for me and for gunner. :)

Friday Fitness:
    Not a good week for me, but I plan a longish session tomorrow. Planning core/strength work, then a run and some additional cardio. Not sure what yet, but may try the stationary bike again. Last week, I managed about 7 minutes before the position started hurting my shoulder. I'm hoping I can last longer tomorrow.

After the gym, I need to make a big dent in the AP essays--need to hand them back by Thursday at the latest b/c they write another essay on Friday. My goal for tomorrow is 20. It's ambitious, but possible.

March Challenge:
    Week 1: At/under calories 4/7 (but one day I was only over by 7 calories) UNDER FOR WK

Week 2: x/3 core; PT DONE; x/3 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 3/64 AP essays
    2. 7/16 AP analysis activities
    3. x/60 Gatsby motif charts
    4. x/60 Gatsby tests

Exercise Goals: (week 2)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Wed--meeting
    Thurs--PT DONE + gym ??? NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner DONE
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    My Saturday Success is that I made it through the week. We are all still alive and no one was seriously hurt. No Dr. visits.
    That being said I am still crawling my way out of this emotional train wreck. I am still angry about a lot of things. I managed to go to the gym 6 of the 7 days and ate well for 3 days. I am way off on the water. Technically I have not been to the gym yet today, I am leaving in a few minutes and thought I would post now as I may not get time later.

You have all been so kind and thoughtful this week, I thank you from all my heart. I am taking some time for me today. Not sure exactly what I will do but, it will not involve family, I am determined it will be selfish.

I think most of the country is to have good weather today so I hope everyone here can enjoy a bit of it.

Love to all,
    Lori <3

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. - Frank A. Clark
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This was possibly one of the worst weeks ever for emotions, stress and physical ailments combined. I found out that my sister is getting divorced; my BIL is a child molester; we started a brand new registration system at work and it was failing big time so I had to spend the whole week apologizing to patients for excessive wait times and tracking all the quality failures; and a stomach virus is moving through our home, first my daughter, then my husband and the latest- me- at work. At the end of the day. On Friday. I was closing up shop, and I just wanted to get the **** out of there, but I had to keep running to the toilet! The silver lining is that my weight is down this morning. I'm just about 45 stomach bugs away from my goal weight! ;)
    Oh, and my internet access at home has been wonky this week, too. So, I've been reading along, but unable to post until now. It's been a rough week for many of us. Prayers that next week is much better for all!

March:
    Calorie Goal- 7/21
    Exercise Goal- 6/12
    Veggie Goal-31/93 servings
    Lift Goal: 3/8
    Leg Press-185/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 152.5/165
    Back- 152.5/165
    Triceps- 82.5/90
    Biceps- 82.5/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• skinnyjeanzbound
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @amanda--I'm so sorry about everything your family is going through; that's just horrible. And to top that off with all of the frustrations at work and illness--ugh! All I can say is, you are strong and I know you will get through this. Your sister will need your love and strength, but make sure you continue to take care of yourself so you can better help her.

@lori--yes, you absolutely deserve some "me" time.

AFM--I got to sleep in a bit (8 am) which was nice. Now I'm catching up on some episodes of Grimm before I head out to walk gunner then go to the gym.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    The geek in me just made me make a Door County Cherry 3.14159. How many calories is that???
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    No fast food yesterday or today. Dinner of rice and stir fried veggies is currently being cooked for dinner. Today is Pi Day, and so of course I went to a geocaching event which had about 30 different pies to taste. Picked apple and had one big slice, but a group of us went for a good hike afterward. After that I went shopping for some spring clothes.. outdoorsy gear, since that's where I spend all my time. But I couldn't bring myself to buy any of the high priced, high quality hiking pants I really wanted. I kept thinking if I bought the size that fits now and I lose more weight, it will be a waste of money. Same with shirts and jackets (I really need a new rain coat) and they had half priced snow pants too. I couldn't bring myself to buy any of it. I settled on a light rain/wind resistant jacket I can wear with or without a hoodie. I have nothing between a winter coat and hoodie, so that will do. On the other hand I had no problem buying a few pairs of jeans from the second hand shop yesterday. At $10 a pair, they are much easier to part with when they become too loose, and I still wear them at that point for slopping around in the forest (geocaching).

Tomorrow I am going to an Ides of March event at East Side Mario's... only my FAVOURITE Italian restaurant (actually The Olive Garden is my real fav but they don't have any more here in Canada :'( ) So I am going to eat whatever and however much I want. I don't eat there often, and I plan to reset my caloric plan and start logging again when I get my new Fitbit (a Charge HR) which should be here next week. I will be hiking with friends before the event, so I will have earned some of those calories before I eat them.

Sorry to hear some of you have had such a rough week! Here's hoping that next week will be better for all of us.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Check in for today:

1. At or under calories 6/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    Week 2 - 6/7days
    Week 1 - 6/7 days

2. Walk at least 6 times per week, at least 3 miles each walk.
    Week 2 - 6/7 days
    Week 1 - 5/7 days

3. Note daily calories and miles in calendar and weight on Thursday morning.
    Week 2 - 7/7 days
    Week 1 - 7/7 days

4. Check in here every day if only to read the posts and keep current on the thread.
    Week 2 - 7/7 days
    Week 1 - 7/7 days

2015 Mantras:

Live like someone left the gate open (Live Joyously)
    Persevere
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @barb--haha, that took me a minute. LOL

@tanya--I'm jealous of your hikes. Although I generally love living in Chicagoland (I'm a city mouse), I do wish there were better opportunities for true hiking nearby. Even the forest preserves and state parks within a reasonable distance are kind of boring--just very flat wooded or prairie trails. Although I hate running hills, I do like hiking rougher terrain. Regarding the clothes shopping--I'm the same way! I was so lucky that as my weight went down, I was able to shop in my own closet or use some hand-me-downs my sister gave me. I haven't had to buy a new pair of jeans or work slacks in 4 years. In the early stages I would go to Good Will to buy any summer clothes like capri pants or shorts. Last summer was the first time I actually bought a lot of new clothes for my trip to the DR. However, I still would like to lose a bit more and am on the fence about spending too much on any particular item. I realized just this week that my one par of black jeans (that my sister gave me) are getting pretty shabby. My first thought was "I can wait until Fall to replace them; maybe I'll be in a smaller size by then."

Saturday Success:
    Well, I walked gunner and made it to the gym. I contemplated running outside, but I wanted to do core and weights, so the gym won. Once there, I wasn't really feeling the treadmill--a steady run was eluding me, so I decided to just do some speedwork with the intent to do the bike or elliptical afterwards.

While I was on the treadmill, 2 really annoying boys were horsing around--doing pull ups and them flexing for each other, talking and joking really obnoxiously. For some reason, I'm really sensitive to conversations going on around me when I'm trying to work out. Even normal conversation gets on my nerves, but this was just over the top stupid teen antics. I really wanted to tell them this was a gym not a playground, but instead I held my tongue and went into the hydro-massage room to escape them.

They were still at it when I came out, so I skipped the additional cardio. In retrospect, I should've just run outside.

Hubby made a really yummy dinner. Grilled chicken breast, sirloin, veggies, and pineapple all marinated in terriyaki along with brown rice. So delicious! After dinner I gave gunner a good brushing (he was in heaven!) then headed out to starbucks to grade which is where I am now. I won't make my overly ambitious goal of 20 essays, but I at least got through 5. :blush: Tomorrow will be completely devoted to grading.

ETA: I couldn't continue with the essays (lost my mojo), but I at least finished checking in the Gatsby motif charts. :smile:

March Challenge:

Week 2: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs

Grading Goals:
    1. 8/64 AP essays
    3. 60/60 Gatsby motif charts DONE
    4. x/60 Gatsby tests

Exercise Goals: (week 3)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--meeting
    Tues--PT + walk gunner
    Wed--meeting
    Thurs--PT + walk gunner
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Lori, Karen, Kelley- Glad you are interested in the Hero's run. I will keep you posted on the details as they become available. Kelley, it is fine if you walk many people do. I hope we can all meet up for this event and that Karen will be in town.

Karen- Yeah for a speech class and no papers to grade. Glad your shoulder is healing.

Robin- Sorry to hear about your Step-mom. Sending you prayers and warm thoughts.

Hansea- Yikes about your BIL. Sending positives thoughts your way.

This week has been extremely busy with very little down time. Today, became a down day but I did get some gym time in today. This was a benefit since the parking at the gym was terrible today that I almost left before finding a space. They had a volleyball tournament today so it was miserable on the track and hot in the cardio room. That is the reason for the short workout.

I was extremely tired today so did not make the swim team practice today. I am planning on swimming tomorrow afternoon. If the weather is good, sun out then I will go for a bike ride. I am looking forward to getting outside and on a bike again.

Robin asked about my goals and I am still not sure where I am heading with the weight loss. Like Karen- I still want to lose the body fat and convert that muscle, while I work at reaching the high end of a healthy weight. I mentioned that I was over 200 lbs last week, it reached 206 at one point but it just did not make sense as to why. This week my weight has dropped back to 196. There are several factors going on with this since it has happened to me before during the past several years. TOM is coming next week and I tend to lose the water weight the week before and then regain some of it afterwards. (frustrating). The water weight has been hanging on for the couple of months and is finally releasing from my cells. I am just happy to be under 200 again. This week I have been eating out for dinner most nights due to meetings so it was great to see the drop.

Saturday success- On Thursday, I completed a brick (two events back to back) of stationary bike and running. It is a good start in training for an upcoming triathlon. Goal to get a good night sleep tonight.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: My fitness is on track for March. I was able to increase the weights/reps on all my exercises this week.

@Jenn…always easier when a loved one is in this with you.
    @Mel…Good job on not breaking your streak!! Lots of inner conversations, but they all paid off in the end.
    @Amanda…OMG! I’m so sorry about the week you are having…there aren’t even words. Just know I’ll be praying.
    @Barb…  
    @Tanya…I don’t care for Italian food but my husband loves it (he’s half Italian). His favorite is Johnny Carino’s. Luckily, my son thinks it’s the best thing in the world so they go there on their “date” nights. Works well because then I don’t have to go there.
    @L2T…go girl!!!
    @Karen…the boys at the gym. We have one guy who probably has never done a leg day in our gym that pretty much just stares at himself in the mirror and then checks around to see if anyone is watching. That supper makes me hungry…I wish my hubby would cook for me like that (to be fair he’s usually just waking up at supper time but still…)
    @Laurie…glad your body adjusted and you are back under 200.

AFM…I’ve been running behind all day today but never late. I wanted to get up at 7:00 and shave before water aerobics. Instead I woke up at 7:30 and had to just do the “above water” shave. HA. Nobody gets that close and it wasn’t terrible so I don’t think anyone noticed. Then I wanted to leave at 8:00 to take my son for All State practice and we didn’t leave until at 8:15. He still made it in time, but I prefer a 10 minute window. Emma and I headed to the gym and she enjoyed playing with the little ones at the drop in daycare and I got a GREAT workout in the pool. There were only 7 of us today and she pushed us hard. My sis and I did an arm lifting workout Friday night and then quite a bit of the water class was devoted to arms….jello!!!

Then there was last minute dress pants shopping for Jacob as he had to wear black dress pants to the concert this afternoon. The concert was wonderful. I’m so proud of him. There were 398 kids that auditioned for Jr. High All-State Band and only 90 made it. He ended up with 2nd chair for Alto Sax. They sounded wonderful. We celebrated afterwards with my Mom at Dairy Queen and it put me over on calories (still just under maintenance so I’m okay with it).

Tomorrow, Emma and I head to the mall to sell Girl Scout cookies at a booth from 1:30 – 3:00. I’ve decided that church and that is all I’m going to do and am really going to just have a re-charge day at home. Track starts on Monday so it’ll be running around for Jacob again. I do love this life and my kids enjoying activities, but it does all go better if I get some days to just chill.

How’s my March stacking up?
    Cardio – 3 times a week –2/2
    Lifting - 2 times a week – 2/2
    Water Goal – 5 days a week - 1/2
    Calories – 6 days a week – 0/2 (missed it by a day this week)

Have a great night…I’m off to bed.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @tlh Your dilemma with your daughter made me laugh. I was a real stickler for my kids being where they said they would be. They even got grounded for going to the library when they were supposed to be a friend's house.
    I'm so sorry for those of you who are struggling with personal and family problems and heartaches.
    There was no school on Friday, even for the teachers. That gave us a day off from baby sitting. We had a great day going to the temple in Boise, shopping at Costco, eating out, and visiting with son's family. Miss Jane Kaye has turned into a little toddler.
    I guess I kind of let the vacation mode take hold and neglected to log yesterday and today. I did exercise. I pedaled for an hour after we got home last night and I walked 3.5 miles today. @mountmary I made a cherry pie today, too. Shared it with family and left the rest at Cathy's house.
    Hope tomorrow is a great day for every one.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kaye & barb--I'm so glad that I don't like to bake b/c I would sabotage myself. My husband likes to bake, but he doesn't much like sweets. However, lately he's gotten it into his head that he wants to make chocolate toffee. The first batch was really good and went to our neighbors. This last batch didn't turn out right in terms of consistency, so he didn't give it away (it actually looks pretty weird). However, it still tastes delicious, so I've been limiting myself.

@tracy--your shaving story made me laugh. When it gets warm and I wear shorts or capri length yoga pants to run, I have to consider whether or not I've shaved my legs when deciding whether to run outside or go to the gym. At the gym I'm sure to see people, so if I'm not freshly shaved, I just run outside. LOL

@laurie--glad your scale dropped back down, even with all of the eating out last week. The temps at my gym have also been less than ideal--warm and humid. It's still too cold for AC, but the gym gets really muggy and gross without any heat or AC running.

AFM--Last night I started to get nauseous and my head hurt, so I popped 2 aleve and went straight to bed even though it was still pretty early for me (11 pm). All I could think was, "I can't afford a migraine; I have way too much grading to do." I woke up this morning with a tiny headache and took 2 more aleve. Seems to have worked. :smile:

I walked gunner and am now finishing up at starbucks. I finished grading one class (my tiny class of 14) and am now going to the grocery store. After I drop the groceries at home and grab something to eat, I will head back out for more grading.

March Challenge:
    Week 2: At/under calories 5/7 OVER FOR WK

Week 2: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs

Grading Goals:
    1. 14/64 AP essays
    3. 60/60 Gatsby motif charts DONE
    4. x/60 Gatsby tests

Exercise Goals: (week 3)
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--meeting
    Tues--PT + walk gunner
    Wed--meeting
    Thurs--PT + walk gunner
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

• Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Check in for today:

1. At or under calories 6/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.

Week 3 - 1/7 days
    Week 2 - 6/7days
    Week 1 - 6/7 days

2. Walk at least 6 times per week, at least 3 miles each walk.

Week 3 - 1/7 days
    Week 2 - 6/7 days
    Week 1 - 5/7 days

3. Note daily calories and miles in calendar and weight on Thursday morning.

Week 3 - 1/7 days
    Week 2 - 7/7 days
    Week 1 - 7/7 days

4. Check in here every day if only to read the posts and keep current on the thread.

Week 3 - 1/7 days
    Week 2 - 7/7 days
    Week 1 - 7/7 days

2015 Mantras:

Live like someone left the gate open (Live Joyously)
    Persevere
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! Hope you're having a restful and/or productive weekend.

@tlh0407 - I actually gasped when I read that you don't like Italian food. Like, how is that even possible?!? :wink:

@skinnyjeanzbound‌ - kick some grading butt, girl! And I'm with you in being a little envious of Tanya's hikes. Kansas isn't exactly known for its hiking trails. *le sigh*

AFM, my busy weekend is coming to a satisfactory close. I covered the St. Patrick's Day festivities for the newspaper yesterday and got a couple of great stories out of it all. Plus I was able to support my high school bestie when she shaved her head for pediatric cancer research (St. Baldrick's). Thanks to her, the local St. Baldrick's group raise more than they have any other year (she raised half on her own). She's a force of Nature. :smile:

Had a good night with the Munchkins last night, too, and got some color from being outside a lot. Maybe a bit too much color as I currently have very pink cheeks and a patch of bright pink on my chest, but I've been taking my Vitamin B, so it should turn into a tan soon.

Time to figure out what I'm having for supper and see if I can knock out the last bit of data entry I need to do before I can file taxes. Cheers!