supporting your mfp friends....or not.

Options

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I never delete anyone. My "friends" usually delete me cause all of the filthy perverted talk and cussing I do on my page! Dang prudes!

LMFAO! I get deleted because people get offended by my profile photos, though a vast majority of my friends love them. I recently got one removed because someone reported it.... I figured I'd "clean it up a bit" for a few days (hence my current lame profile photo)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Someone deleted me because they were jealous at how much more than them I could eat and still lose weight... Their problem not mine.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Someone deleted me because they were jealous at how much more than them I could eat and still lose weight... Their problem not mine.

Was this BFDeal? lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

Was this BFDeal? lol.

No! What's worse was it was only net 1700 cals....
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted one person from my friends list...and that had nothing to do with her calorie patterns or food choices. She just saw fit to comment on a status update I made, to inform me that "the word god should always be capitalized unless you are referring to a false idol."

....Um....no. *delete* I'm here to track my *kitten* food, not get a *kitten* lecture on religion and the proper way in which to refer to religious figures.

Anyway. It's up to each individual person who they want to have as friends here. If they aren't fitting the image of who you want to be friends with, then delete them. No explanation necessary. :)

I would have deleted her so fast her head would have spun. :|
    Agreed!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Get new friends.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    I think thats good Jenn... I mean, I understand a genuine concern / want to help. But I also believe in helping those who actually want it... If someone expresses concern or asks for advice, Ill do my best, but unsolicited advice rarely ends well.

Not too late for anything LoL like I said, when I deleted people, they didnt even notice. Id guess, if you deleted someone who felt bad about your choice to do so, and they valued your friendship on here, they will speak up and tell you.

thank u . i didnt post this thread to be malicious or hurtful. i honestly wanted to know what others would do in the situation. i had never removed anyone because i don't want to hurt people's feelings, but at the same time it bothered me when i saw the lengths certain people seemed willing to go to to lose weight. it's not important to me to have tons of friends. so maybe i will push a few people away with this post but maybe others will be on the same page.

You were not malicious at all.

• Batmani
    Batmani Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If I may add, even in some of my past calorie diaries I have eaten less then 1000 calories, it's not because I am intentionally starving myself, it's just some days I feel like laying in bed, and I don't feel hungry ^.^ but yeah, it is best to keep above 1000 calories for healthy weight loss that supports metabolism.
  • TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Check in with em. Maybe they forgot to log a meal or some snacks? If this is consistently intentional though, get Rid of the negativity!

agree with this :) There are some days some might not log correctly or have an off day but if consistent... everyone has their own journey and variations happen as well.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I don't look at anyone's diary - friend or not - unless they're asking a question related to it.
  • PharmGirl522
    PharmGirl522 Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've only deleted one person from my friends list...and that had nothing to do with her calorie patterns or food choices. She just saw fit to comment on a status update I made, to inform me that "the word god should always be capitalized unless you are referring to a false idol."

....Um....no. *delete* I'm here to track my *kitten* food, not get a *kitten* lecture on religion and the proper way in which to refer to religious figures.

Anyway. It's up to each individual person who they want to have as friends here. If they aren't fitting the image of who you want to be friends with, then delete them. No explanation necessary. :)

Agreed!

Believe me, I did. I was tempted to message her and ask her exactly who she thought she was, but then I decided against it. I don't give a damn who she is or who she *thinks* she is, there's no way I'm putting up with that garbage.

She was on my friends list for a grand total of...well, I didn't count, but she didn't make it a full 24 hours. That was the first comment she made on my feed, and it was damn well going to be her last.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Check in with em. Maybe they forgot to log a meal or some snacks? If this is consistently intentional though, get Rid of the negativity!

agree with this :) There are some days some might not log correctly or have an off day but if consistent... everyone has their own journey and variations happen as well.

Plus if we were all exactly the same, we'd eat the exact same foods as each other every day, we'd all be thin, no one would have medical or mental issues....

....and it'd be kinda boring lol.

I once Got mixed up (alcohol may have been involved lol) and logged a huge "treat" meal on a previous day, and showed I went over by like 2k. Hahaha!
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Agreed!

Believe me, I did. I was tempted to message her and ask her exactly who she thought she was, but then I decided against it. I don't give a damn who she is or who she *thinks* she is, there's no way I'm putting up with that garbage.

She was on my friends list for a grand total of...well, I didn't count, but she didn't make it a full 24 hours. That was the first comment she made on my feed, and it was damn well going to be her last.

I seriously can't blame you. Who knows what else she would have come up with.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

Was this BFDeal? lol.

No! What's worse was it was only net 1700 cals....

looooooooooooooooool for days.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If it bothers you, then I would delete them, personally. Though, bear in mind that there are some people out there like me who frequently eat their calorie goal or more, but who are consistently inconsistent about not logging everything out of laziness or what have you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have deleted people for ED behaviour, not really for a low diary (mine is closed and I rarely look at others unless a comment on it makes me curious) but for making posts about being proud of starving, or freaking out because they 'binged' and ate an apple they didn't plan. That's my personal choice, my best friend died due to a stupid accident related to ED behaviour (not even an ongoing or serious issue) so I find it upsetting and I'm not here to play therapist or to enable someone in unhealthy behaviour. But I keep my diary closed so I can't really judge. I do have a note in my profile that I don't want ED friends.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I don't have an arbitrary cutoff -- for example, there's someone on my friend list who eats under 1200 but that's because due to her age, height and stats, she's one of those rare people for whom that goal actually is appropriate, and she's being supervised medically on her weight loss, so I know she has a healthy approach.

But yes, if I see people on my friend list who are clearly indulging in unhealthy behaviours, like eating VLCDs in combination with posting things that lead me to believe they're pro-ana or pro-mia, then I delete them. I don't support that at all, and I don't need that sort of noise in my feed.

Unless they ask for advice, though, I don't go offering it unsolicited. I'll comment on people's food diaries sometimes, usually to drool over something delicious-sounding or to request a recipe. Occasionally if someone I interact with regularly has a few very low days in a row (when they don't typically eat that low), I might PM them to make sure everything's okay. But other than that, I figure if people want advice, they'll ask for it.

Everyone's journey is their own. If what you need for your personal journey is to surround yourself with like-minded people who motivate you to healthy habits, then go for it and delete the noise.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I delete them. It's not my job to change people.

If you're doing it right, this is the proper answer.