Online Dating

Options

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    So random question for everyone.....was talking to this guy right before the holidays, we seemed to hit it off and were planning on meeting...and then poof! Dude kind of disappears. All of a sudden he texts me yesterday asking how I have been doing and has been out of town for work (for 2 months???) and just got back.
    WTF? Personally, I think that he was dating someone and they broke up so he decided to check in on me. Thoughts?

sketchy for sure. If he was going out of town for work, I would think he'd let you know and that he would like to get back in touch when he got back.

• suzeequu
    suzeequu Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had someone show up with a marriage contract on the first date. He felt we were both getting older and should just jump into it without much thought. along with it came a list of 25 questions that were mostly sexual in nature.. needless to say, I never went out with him again lol
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    My first date was an online thing, first question was "Youre really 18 right? I could go to jail for that you know"

Charming. Didn't last long.
  • iamlynn74
    iamlynn74 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    So random question for everyone.....was talking to this guy right before the holidays, we seemed to hit it off and were planning on meeting...and then poof! Dude kind of disappears. All of a sudden he texts me yesterday asking how I have been doing and has been out of town for work (for 2 months???) and just got back.
    WTF? Personally, I think that he was dating someone and they broke up so he decided to check in on me. Thoughts?

Sounds like he was boo'd up for the holidays and now back to freelance work. Or is just plain cheating.

Question, why do people put so much stock in relationships while dating. Dating should be fun and if it happens cool. When did dating become detective work.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    iamlynn74 wrote: »

Sounds like he was boo'd up for the holidays and now back to freelance work. Or is just plain cheating.

Question, why do people put so much stock in relationships while dating. Dating should be fun and if it happens cool. When did dating become detective work.

Well we chatting right. I'm sure some people don't after a date. A lot of crazy people in this world. Also does a person not change the way they do things from previous mistakes. That would cause lots to do detective world to make sure this person doesn't cut off my limbs after the date.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Had a guy do almost the exact same thing to me a while back. He is NOT worth your time! If he didn't want to be with you back around the holidays he sure as hell ain't worth your time now!

I can't stand guys who pull that stuff. Even if I forgot to delete their number and they text me I just say "Umm I'm sorry who is this?" no point in wasting time on guys like that.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »

sketchy for sure. If he was going out of town for work, I would think he'd let you know and that he would like to get back in touch when he got back.

So we talked all through the holidays while he was on vacation with his family in another state. It seemed like we really connected, talking about pretty much everything. So while he was gone, he sent me a few "I miss you, wish you were here" texts, which I would think was because he was probably a little intoxicated.
    He came back right after the New Year and called him out on it. He did admit that those texts were sent while he was drinking. I told him that I figured they were, but no big deal, I have sent some crazy texts while I was drunk and put a little smiley face at the end of it to let him know it didn't bother me.
    I then asked how everything was since he had been back and if he would like to meet up to get a drink within the next few weeks. No reply. (I am not the person to keep texting someone, if they don't answer, that's on them) So this was the first week in January.
    Then literally he texted me yesterday asking how I was. Etc, etc.
    I called him out on it and asked WTF happened to him the past two months. That's when he said he was in San Diego for work (we both live in the same town, 3 1/2 hours from San Diego) and he just got back. Um, really? You didn't have your phone for two months? Now if he had been military and said he deployed or something, totally different story. But San Diego? 2 months? No contact? Shady.
    He then asked me for a current picture of me (a totally rated G pic - he sent me the same). I sent him one and here we are almost 24 hours later and no response.
    Again. WTF????
  • Selah722
    Selah722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I met my Husband on Christian Mingle! I was 22 and he was the very first guy to ask me out. ha! dated for 4 months. engaged for 6. been married for 9 months! but I was REALLY picky. I only met one other guy online before him. and I only met that guy for coffee like 2 times before i decided he wasn't anything I wanted to date. LOL its possible. So glad I did it! My Hubby Is just frickin awesome!
    If you're looking for/are ready for a spouse, not just looking for someone to sleep with, then it actually can work well to use online dating to meet someone.
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    So given all the stories I just skimmed through - do you folks still feel online dating is a 'thing' you would continue to do? I'm asking because my daughter mentioned it to me that was something she has done. I'm old I guess because I don't get it.
  • VintageMisery514
    VintageMisery514 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

So we talked all through the holidays while he was on vacation with his family in another state. It seemed like we really connected, talking about pretty much everything. So while he was gone, he sent me a few "I miss you, wish you were here" texts, which I would think was because he was probably a little intoxicated.
    He came back right after the New Year and called him out on it. He did admit that those texts were sent while he was drinking. I told him that I figured they were, but no big deal, I have sent some crazy texts while I was drunk and put a little smiley face at the end of it to let him know it didn't bother me.
    I then asked how everything was since he had been back and if he would like to meet up to get a drink within the next few weeks. No reply. (I am not the person to keep texting someone, if they don't answer, that's on them) So this was the first week in January.
    I called him out on it and asked WTF happened to him the past two months. That's when he said he was in San Diego for work (we both live in the same town, 3 1/2 hours from San Diego) and he just got back. Um, really? You didn't have your phone for two months? Now if he had been military and said he deployed or something, totally different story. But San Diego? 2 months? No contact? Shady.
    He then asked me for a current picture of me (a totally rated G pic - he sent me the same). I sent him one and here we are almost 24 hours later and no response.
    Again. WTF????

giphy.gif
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Again. WTF????

Yeah I don't get it. I would say he's not interested.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    So given all the stories I just skimmed through - do you folks still feel online dating is a 'thing' you would continue to do? I'm asking because my daughter mentioned it to me that was something she has done. I'm old I guess because I don't get it.
    Unfortunately, with the area that I'm at and my work keeping me busy, it's a challenge meeting people face to face. I'll have to use online dating a bit longer. I'll have to deter from POF and pony up my cash for Christian Mingle.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

I think it is still fun even knowing some stories you have can be very negative. You get to meet people you might not ever meet in real life.

And if this is the goal does it really matter where you met your significant other? as in when you tell the how we met story that always comes up.
  • jewel072
    jewel072 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had a date with a guy who said he was a carpenter, but really was 40, worked part time and lived in his mom and dad's basement... and he really missed having someone to come home to, and make his meals. There was the guy, who because he had to buy his own drinks ( I bought my own and drove) told me for what he spent that night he could have bought 3 bottles of booze and gotten drunk in his garage ( obviously by himself) Last one... didn't even get passed texting this guy and he asked if I would meet him at a hotel room to soak in a tub with him.........ummm no lol

Awesome thread! Makes me feel not so alone!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting how many people are listing POF as a hook up site. I know of 4 long term relationships that started there in my small circle of friends (my own marriage included). As for the pay sites, while I haven't used them, my friends all have horror stories from both Match.com & EHarmony....and I've met some of the creeps that came from them, too! On the bright side, I actually met and dated a nice guy who was a friend of one of the Match creeps that I went along with my friend to meet.

I got lucky, my now husband is the first person I ever met online within the first few minutes of setting up my POF profile. I like to say I won the lottery the first time I bought a ticket. :smile:
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I was on a lunch date, and all she kept talking about was her 2 failed suicide attempts because her family didn't understand her. We didn't get dessert...........
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Ohhhh do I have stories! One involves a very sweaty man on our first date who proclaimed his love for me at the end of lunch. It was just lunch lol Now, if I had slept with him I would have totally understood hehehe
    ^^^^^ How you doin???? :)
  • iamlynn74
    iamlynn74 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Well we chatting right. I'm sure some people don't after a date. A lot of crazy people in this world. Also does a person not change the way they do things from previous mistakes. That would cause lots to do detective world to make sure this person doesn't cut off my limbs after the date.

Depends, but that shouldn't take the joy out of it. Time is a great detective is it not? What is the rush? Do you really Deen to learn everything in one sitting? As far as the limbs line, classic and I agree. You take precautions to protect yourself but again how can you enjoy someone's company if you are thinking in fear??
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Depends, but that shouldn't take the joy out of it. Time is a great detective is it not? What is the rush? Do you really Deen to learn everything in one sitting? As far as the limbs line, classic and I agree. You take precautions to protect yourself but again how can you enjoy someone's company if you are thinking in fear??

Easy practice your fight or flight response and know when to use which one.

Your right there should be no rush which makes me question the guys these women in this thread online date?
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    While men are entertaining sometimes, I deactivated my online accounts. It just gets to be too much. I'll just be single for a while and work on me.

I will say that it can work. I probably mentioned in an earlier post that I met my late husband on Singlesnet. He didn't try to bed me within the first message nor within the first several dates.