Online Dating

Options

Replies

• VintageMisery514
    VintageMisery514 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I met this guy online, and we met up a few weeks later for our first date at a concert. My girlfriends thought that was an awful first date, but I'm different from some girls and thought it was a cool idea. We meet up at the venue and grab some food and a few beers at a bar next door. It was great -- conversation was awesome, we made each other laugh, it was all really easy and natural for us. We head back to the venue, go in, have a great time. It ends, and we leave and start the long walk to our cars in the parking lot. He stopped me halfway there to kiss me, and it was an awesome kiss. Everything was perfect. We get to his car and he starts having a panic attack about driving home. He wants to go home with me. I'm nowhere near being comfortable with that, but I offer to drive him home and then he can pick his car up with someone tomorrow. He collapses to the ground in tears and starts sobbing, asking me why I don't trust him...?? I couldn't figure out if this was some crazy attempt at going home with a girl or if he genuinely was freaked out. Then he threw up on my shoes. I was really grossed out but also felt so bad for him, I asked him if I could call anyone for him. He begged me again to take him home with me so he could buy me new shoes tomorrow. I again say no. He finally asks me if I can get his mom's number out of his phone and call her to come get him. He was 30 at the time, but his 70-something year old mother drove into the city of Atlanta to pick up her slightly unbalanced son regardless. I stayed with him until she got there to make sure he was okay, and she apologized to me and told me that he was "a sensitive boy."

I still feel really bad for the guy, but that was CRAZY.

Poor guy. This story is actually quite sad.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Sounds like he had panic/anxiety issues which are terrible

Absolutely. I checked on him the next day because I felt bad and was concerned, but he was pissed at me for not taking him to my place, and we never spoke again.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I met this guy online, and we met up a few weeks later for our first date at a concert. My girlfriends thought that was an awful first date, but I'm different from some girls and thought it was a cool idea. We meet up at the venue and grab some food and a few beers at a bar next door. It was great -- conversation was awesome, we made each other laugh, it was all really easy and natural for us. We head back to the venue, go in, have a great time. It ends, and we leave and start the long walk to our cars in the parking lot. He stopped me halfway there to kiss me, and it was an awesome kiss. Everything was perfect. We get to his car and he starts having a panic attack about driving home. He wants to go home with me. I'm nowhere near being comfortable with that, but I offer to drive him home and then he can pick his car up with someone tomorrow. He collapses to the ground in tears and starts sobbing, asking me why I don't trust him...?? I couldn't figure out if this was some crazy attempt at going home with a girl or if he genuinely was freaked out. Then he threw up on my shoes. I was really grossed out but also felt so bad for him, I asked him if I could call anyone for him. He begged me again to take him home with me so he could buy me new shoes tomorrow. I again say no. He finally asks me if I can get his mom's number out of his phone and call her to come get him. He was 30 at the time, but his 70-something year old mother drove into the city of Atlanta to pick up her slightly unbalanced son regardless. I stayed with him until she got there to make sure he was okay, and she apologized to me and told me that he was "a sensitive boy."

Poor guy. This story is actually quite sad.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Sounds like he had panic/anxiety issues which are terrible

Absolutely. I checked on him the next day because I felt bad and was concerned, but he was pissed at me for not taking him to my place, and we never spoke again.

Yeah, he was probably slightly embarrassed and thought that meant you didn't like him. Obviously he has anxiety issues which probably played into his overthinking in. You did what you could :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Uh, no. It is never safe for a woman to bring some random dude back to her place. He should know better. I feel less sorry for him now.

• Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I meant I felt sorry he had a panic attack not sorry he just assumed she would take him home :neutral_face:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I meant I felt sorry he had a panic attack not sorry he just assumed she would take him home :neutral_face:

Oh, I know. I was responding to her comment, not yours! (I haven't quite mastered the new quoting format...)

:)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I had a guy set up a date to meet at a restaurant, and he didn't show. It was the one time that I've ever been stood up. I tried calling, texting, and messaging on the site we met on, and no answer. An hour later, a friend showed up and we had a good time.

The next day, the dude apologized and said he had some "family issues" and that he was so stressed that he just turned off his phone. Rude. Then he said he still wanted to take me out. I told him I was going with friends to a bar and he was welcome to show up, but I wasn't making any effort to go out of my way to meet him again. He then tells me he's an alcoholic and if he shows up, I would have to give him a ride home. I told him nevermind.

Just how much nope can one guy inspire?

He tried once more to ask me out even after all that, and I said that I had too many guys who treat me well asking me out to bother saying yes to one who doesn't. And also...nope.
  • 90bulgarellu
    Options
    Im from Costa Rica and i met a guy on chatroulette haha just to fun and talk, we had same interests and he was funny, couple months later he told me he had cancer then we start to say to me that he loves me and those things and i was like what the *kitten*... but i swear this guy malipulates my mind and all my life even living so far, he told me he lives lone, and he had his own company, i talked with him on skype so this guy appear with suit in a office and in his house laying most of the time because he was aick, he showed me things like medicines, even toilet paper with boold, he said her girlfried cheated him and he was alone, so six months later i met this person here in costa rica and he stay for 3 day, the bad part is that he looks better on cam and i did not feel atracted i think i just felt sorry for him and he just said all the things that i wanted to hear... when he came back to USA he appear on skype crying and he told me that everytjing was a lie, he hd a girlfrien 3 months preagnant, he did not has cancer and he lived with his girlfriend all that time oh and he did not has a job... so he gave my name to his girlfriend and my numbers and she start to
    Harass me, and started calling my house and my job, she told my mom what i had done with him, and posted pictures of me naked, when i decide end all comunication he said to me that if i did not stay with him he was going to kill him self and actually he almost do it but he survive.. he start to harissan me on email, phone, facebook... i was really paranoid he knew some friends of mine that was the most creappy *kitten* i had lived on my life.. i just turn off my computer for almost 7 months, change my numbers and he and his crazy girlfriend disappear
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Im from Costa Rica and i met a guy on chatroulette haha just to fun and talk, we had same interests and he was funny, couple months later he told me he had cancer then we start to say to me that he loves me and those things and i was like what the *kitten*... but i swear this guy malipulates my mind and all my life even living so far, he told me he lives lone, and he had his own company, i talked with him on skype so this guy appear with suit in a office and in his house laying most of the time because he was aick, he showed me things like medicines, even toilet paper with boold, he said her girlfried cheated him and he was alone, so six months later i met this person here in costa rica and he stay for 3 day, the bad part is that he looks better on cam and i did not feel atracted i think i just felt sorry for him and he just said all the things that i wanted to hear... when he came back to USA he appear on skype crying and he told me that everytjing was a lie, he hd a girlfrien 3 months preagnant, he did not has cancer and he lived with his girlfriend all that time oh and he did not has a job... so he gave my name to his girlfriend and my numbers and she start to
    Harass me, and started calling my house and my job, she told my mom what i had done with him, and posted pictures of me naked, when i decide end all comunication he said to me that if i did not stay with him he was going to kill him self and actually he almost do it but he survive.. he start to harissan me on email, phone, facebook... i was really paranoid he knew some friends of mine that was the most creappy *kitten* i had lived on my life.. i just turn off my computer for almost 7 months, change my numbers and he and his crazy girlfriend disappear

Wow. I think you win for worst internet date.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    needernt wrote: »
    My question is why people try cyber dating when we can meet real people outside at work, at college, etc. and date there.

I'm a single mom with an office job. The only possible places I could meet a guy were at the gym (I'm not there to chit-chat) or at the grocery store. Online was an easy way to talk to guys when I had spare time right before bed.

Well, It all occurs to me that most of us use online dating because we miss the opportunity to be in real-world dating. otherwise we wouldn't choose this.
    So can we regard ourselves as unlucky people?
    Do you think online dating is really a date or mostly a way to chit chat and waste some time?
    Because to me as a guy in most cases it proves to be a waste of time. It doesn't have the seriousness of the real date.
  • needernt
    Options
    My question is why people try cyber dating when we can meet real people outside at work, at college, etc. and date there.

1.) My workplace is mostly women. I work with 2 guys, both are married and too old for me.
    2.) I do online college so that's out.

There are a lot of bars in my area but I don't really go out and drink and most guys at bars are kind of skeezy and are just looking for a hookup. I have had guys try to hit on me at the gym but c'mon if I am in the middle of a workout I don't want to stop so you can use some cheesy pick up line. Honestly, I like that with online dating you can talk first and feel the person out a bit before going out. You dodge a lot of awkwardness that way.

Do you find online dating more trustworthy than real dating?
  • needernt
    Options
    It's more time-efficient than chatting up random ladies only to discover they're taken, seriously incompatible, or not interested. My profile announced, "I'm a single dad!" presumably, anyone who messaged me was at least open to the idea of dating a single parent. ;)

So you trust the algorithm these websites use to find a match, I keep up with the traditional way anyway!
  • needernt
    Options
    mscheftg wrote: »

1) Everyone that I work with is a woman (I'm into guys) or married.
    2) I've been out of college for nearly 10 years... not that much of a cougar.
    3) I don't do bars...don't go to the gym (wouldn't want to meet anyone there anyway)... online dating just works better for me.

Is this a byproduct of the modern age the you have to go through this? Do you think this works better or you just have to do so because of the life situations you are obliged to?
  • MoriahJN
    MoriahJN Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Question: has anyone met anyone in person from MFP? I haven't been on the forums long, and I only post once in a while, but for a fitness site, it seems a lot like a dating site! I realize there's a lot of "just for fun" flirting that goes on here, but you can message people and view their photos and profiles, and I've gotten some very dating-site-like messages. So has anyone used this website in that way?
  • needernt
    Options
    MoriahJN wrote: »
    Question: has anyone met anyone in person from MFP? I haven't been on the forums long, and I only post once in a while, but for a fitness site, it seems a lot like a dating site! I realize there's a lot of "just for fun" flirting that goes on here, but you can message people and view their photos and profiles, and I've gotten some very dating-site-like messages. So has anyone used this website in that way?

I don't know why but I've found this site more affectionate environment than most dating sites. It's a community, you know!
  • MoriahJN
    MoriahJN Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I do love the acceptance here - no one cares where you are in your fitness journey! We're all trying to better ourselves here and everyone sees that.
  • shalstead28
    Options
    kd_mazur wrote: »
    During out first meeting all of the questions were related to a long term relationship. Did I think we were meant to be together? Did I see us getting married and having children? would he need to adopt my daughter?
    After I get to know someone, these questions would be endearing but on a first lunch date it was a little bit too much.
    I guess I will just go order my 37 cats:)

Haha that's funny. I tell my best friend after each horrible date i have, that that's it I'm dobe and gonna get a bunch of cats!!!
  • shalstead28
    Options
    pudadough wrote: »
    Met a guy. Talked with him for a while. Seemed nice and funny. We met for lunch and he never let us order any food. And he talked the ENTIRE time. Wouldn't let me get a single word in. We left after three hours of him talking nonstop and us eating only chips and water. He wrote to me saying he "didn't think we connected." YA THINK?

He also had tiny hobbit hands. Weirded me out.

Oh yea I hate the little bity hands, that's when you go to the bathroom and never go back to the table lol
  • WishesOnTheStar
    WishesOnTheStar Posts: 114 Member
    Options

holy chit.

online dating isn't too bad, clubs are an terrible place to meet girls, especially good girls (LTR/wife material)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    After six months on Match.com, OKCupid, JDate, I'm pretty fed up with men over 60, who, for the most part, are not looking for a woman in their own age range.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

It just sounds like a drunk night gone wrong.