Replies

• melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @FeraFilia‌ - CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @NK1112 , @Mel: I have not had any X-rays or scans. My diagnosis is whiplash, and both docs I've seen say it's something that could take a long time to resolve. Neither of them seem concerned that it could be anything other than muscular. I see a chiropractor and physiotherapist twice a week and have been since the accident in September. Even this walk-in doc said it's something that can last a long time and become chronic. Great. I got some meds to help me sleep and NSAIDS to get me through my work day. My pain is worse tonight, headaches are increasing and that's after taking a pill. My active sessions at physio have been restricted because of the increasing pain so I'm not getting the good workout sessions I was before. I am frustrated beyond belief. I suspect I will not go in to work tomorrow either, and just go to chiro/physio and hope for some relief from that.
  • wackyncrazy1
    wackyncrazy1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello all first time posting here been reading for awhile but it is Monday time to start something new with posting. Checking in I weighted in today and had lost 5 lbs so a total of 10 so far I'm very proud of myself. Have a great week everyone.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Ferafilla- Congratulations on your little nugget. So happy for you.

Robin-It will be like last year in that I will take a couple of days off of work to enjoy the trip and see the sights. You are welcome to join us even if you don't walk or run it. They had plenty to do and see at the Annapolis one last year and the run started and stopped in the same place. Hope you will be able to join us.

Tanya- Push for an MRI to confirm that is muscular and that the disk are okay. Whiplash is problematic but it should be getting better by now.

wacky- Congratulations on your 10lb loss, you are off to a great start.

Lori-YIPEE for a the positives in your life. Sending you wishes for continued good fortune.

The weekend was good but oh, I was exhausted all weekend and I did not recover until Sunday night. I don't like it when my weeks get extremely busy and I am trying to fit everything in including meetings and exercise. I did exercise most days last week and this weekend I did something everyday. Yesterday, I had a nice swim of 2000yds. I am planning on swimming on Wednesday this week just not sure about the time yet. I need to get some new googles- I lost mine on Sunday at the pool- bummed. I think someone accidently picked them up in the locker room. Today, was a brick for training of a 15 min spin bike followed by a 2.25 mile run ( may be been longer according to my GPS)

Have a great week.

Exercise goals
    Sunday- swim DONE
    MOnday- trainer--spin bike and 2.25 mile run DONE
    Tuesday-rest
    Wednesday- swim
    Thursday- gym
    Friday- climb
    Saturday- swim
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in:
    Bargaining went until 10 pm--it was productive but we still aren't done. Over by about 500 calories due to snacking at meeting. Dinner was pretty healthy despite being ordered in from a restaurant.

Only got 3 more essays done today, but finished the analysis activities.

Too tired for personals. :tired_face:

March Challenge:
    At or under calories 5/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    Week 1: At/under calories 4/7 (but one day I was only over by 7 calories) UNDER FOR WK
    Week 2: At/under calories 5/7 OVER FOR WK

All-in strength challenge=core work 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs (sick most of week though)
    Week 2: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 27/64 AP essays
    2. 16/16 AP analysis activities DONE
    3. 60/60 Gatsby motif charts DONE
    4. x/60 Gatsby tests

Exercise Goals: (week 3)
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--meeting
    Tues--PT + walk gunner
    Wed--meeting
    Thurs--PT + walk gunner
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • steelwill7us
    steelwill7us Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have been keeping under my calorie count, but having trouble with my blood sugar going low. I started walking but can only make it short distance.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @stillwill7us just keep on walking even if it's short distances or times. I started walking just 10 min, I'm now up to 1 mile and a little plus a day :)
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Check in for yesterday:

1. At or under calories 6/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.

Week 3 - 1/7 days
    Week 2 - 6/7days
    Week 1 - 6/7 days

2. Walk at least 6 times per week, at least 3 miles each walk.

Week 3 - 2/7 days
    Week 2 - 6/7 days
    Week 1 - 5/7 days

3. Note daily calories and miles in calendar and weight on Thursday morning.

Week 3 - 2/7 days
    Week 2 - 7/7 days
    Week 1 - 7/7 days

4. Check in here every day if only to read the posts and keep current on the thread.

Week 3 - 2/7 days
    Week 2 - 7/7 days
    Week 1 - 7/7 days

2015 Mantras:

Live like someone left the gate open (Live Joyously)
    Persevere
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @steelwill7us - Hoping you find the right foods to maintain your blood sugar. Good job getting out and walking. Start small and build from there!

@skinnyjeanzbound - What a long day! Glad you got those analysis activities completed.

@Lauriek70 - Maybe your goggles will turn up in a lost and found? Bummer. My daughter just found her swim goggles this weekend...they were in the zipper bag on the front of her bicycle! Who knows!

@wackyncrazy1 - Welcome! Congratulations on the loss!

@FeraFilia - Congratulations on the new addition! :)

@Tanya - I'm really surprised that after everything that no one you've seen has done a quick xray to ensure that there isn't bone involvement...I think you should push for some kind of scan. Even if when the whiplash first occurred, everything appeared muscular...your very physical job could have made something worse or changed.

@RobinsEgg - New profile pic! Nice!

@cblue315 - Thanks for the prayers. So glad things are looking up with you and your husband and that your son is going for some help!

@kah68 - Thank you for the prayers. I feel your laptop pain...mine has been acting strange and sometimes crashing lately. Husband is a gadget geek and is still trying to solve all our computer woes. I can't post from my phone either.

@NK1112 - The weight always goes on so much easier than it comes off! Frustrating, but I know you will turn it around.

AFM- Things are still not better at work with the new computer system....sometimes I think 'what the hell? we can microwave an entire meal in less than 5 minutes, but we don't have the technology to make data transfer from one program to another in less than 10 minutes?!?!' It's really bottle-necking our registration process and our patients are waiting an hour or more...and are justifiably quite upset about that! It makes for a veeeeerrryyy long day. Every day. For a week. I love my job, but I do not want to go today. :(

I am so crabby this week.

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @hansea…It seems like there are extenuating circumstances surrounding your BIL that should make him have to stay here and have to have supervised visits. Glad your sister thought to take the passports.
    @Kelley…nice loss especially with your limitations with your Achilles.
    @Lori…let me know what you find out about the electrical. I had a couple nights that after I took the key out of the ignition the lights flickered on and off for about 10 seconds. WEIRD!! Love the list of the good things…it’s good to remember when lots of things seem to fall apart around us.
    @Robin…love the new picture!!
    @Tanya…I sure hope you can find someone that can help you. How far away is a bigger clinic? Not to say that the doctors in the county don’t know what they are talking about, but maybe a bigger clinic with more resources.
    @Fera…congratulations! I just got to see an ultrasound yesterday of my new niece that will make her appearance in August.

AFM…I didn’t get to the gym yesterday as I had planned. My sister did her gift registry for her upcoming wedding and also wanted to get the cupcakes to my sister and my mom before the nephews went to bed. Therefore, I was working on cupcakes until after the start time of the water aerobics class. They turned out cute. I haven’t heard how everyone else reacted, but my daughter was VERY excited to find out that she’s having a girl. Emma is the only female cousin in a 5 hour radius and wants another girl around. She doesn’t quite get that she’ll be 9 years older than this little girl and probably won’t be playmates for a while. HA!

The darn water is eluding me this week. I seem to get about 50 ounces in, but then don’t get that last bit. So my goal for today is to really focus on my water in-take, stay within goal and attend my son’s Jazz concert. Nothing more…everything else I get done will be icing on the cake.

This week:
    Cardio – 0 / 3
    Lifting – 0 / 2
    Water Goal – 0/5
    Calories – 2 / 6
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    mzsa5sxtrkej.jpg
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I seem to be getting my mood back under control. Its been several years since hubby leaving put me into such a funk. I love that we are having such a lovely early spring but since we didn't have much of a winter here the allergies are already getting out of control. My eyes itch so bad this morning I just want to pluck them out of my head. I know the meds will help but it is a long half hour or so for them to kick in. I went to my nieces playoff basketball game last night even though I had a pretty bad headache. Darn promises, lol. It was the playoff and they won so on to the championships on Saturday, yay. Well I was going to try to do personals but I have run out of time this morning. Got to go get the kiddos off to school. To everyone having struggles right now know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. You have all come to mean quite a bit to me. I wouldn't be nearly as successful without all of you wonderful people. Have a great day everyone :):)
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

@Amanda~Its funny, I’m a thumb texter and when I access the thread on my iPhone it won’t let me turn it sideways to post—annoying. I’m sorry you’re crabby this week, with everything you and your family have been through over the last couple of weeks its understandable. Maybe take some time for you? Or if your sister is close by, spend a day together (maybe get a mani/pedi)—leave all the kiddos with your hubs. :wink:

@steelwill7us~Baby steps, just get in short sessions of walking when you can. Slow and steady wins this race. I hope you get your blood sugar regulated soon.

@Ferfilia~Congrats, how exciting! One of our other thread member’s @JNettie73 had an adorable baby girl in January. :smiley:

@Morgori (Tom)~Come out come out, wherever you are! :wink:

@Robinsegg~Great new profile pic!

@Tracy~Water seems to elude me lately too. I do really well at work (usually around 48oz) but when I get home at night I tend to not drink anything—it’s weird since I’m usually really good about getting my water in. :confounded: The cupcakes are super cute!

Tuesday Goals~My goals this week are to get back into a workout routine—I’m allowed to take the boot off to use the recumbent elliptical, bike and pool at the gym so I need to do that. Plus I can do most weights, just no leg press—so need to get back into that routine as well. I’m not sure if I will go back to having a trainer or not (right now I kind of like having the $$ again)—I had a trainer long enough to know what to do. So posting my exercise goals for the week—trying to make it such that weekends are free.

Exercise Goals:

Monday~None
    Tuesday~Weights/Cardio
    Wednesday~Cardio
    Thursday~Weights/Cardio
    Friday~Swim
    Saturday~Rest Day
    Sunday~Rest Day
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Have been keeping under my calorie count, but having trouble with my blood sugar going low. I started walking but can only make it short distance.

What's going on with your blood sugar control? Are you diabetic? I am ... and here's the trick for me ... quoted fom 'Exercise and Type 2 Diabetes" from www.uptodate.com ...

General exercise precautions — It is important to balance enthusiasm and common sense
    when beginning an exercise program. These precautions encourage patients to stay safe and ensure that exercise is productive.

Measure blood sugar before, during, and after exercise to determine their body's typical
    response to exercise. If the pre-exercise blood sugar reading is 250 mg/dL (13.9 mmol/L)
    or higher, exercise should be postponed until the level is under control.

Consider a decrease in insulin dose by about 30 percent during exercise.

Keep rapidly absorbed carbohydrates on hand (glucose tablets, hard candies, or juice).

Eat a snack 15 to 30 minutes before exercise, and again every 30 minutes during exercise.

Eat a source of slowly absorbed carbohydrates (dried fruit, fruit jerky, granola bars, or trail
    mix) immediately after exercise. This will counter a post-exercise drop in blood sugar
    levels.

Some of the tips are meant for insulin users, but I think they can apply to anyone.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I know I sound like a broken record, but once again I’m in a funk. I can’t say that I don’t care because deep down I know I do care and tired of being fat. I just keep making excuses and just don’t want to tackle this issue of my weight. I know what I need to do, but why can’t I just find that deep down inner drive to just do it and stick with it??!! Is it because I like food too much? Probably. Is it because deep down I hate to exercise? Probably. Is it because I’m finally ready to date and blaming being fat on not finding that special someone? Probably. Is it the financial stress of knowing the debts I need to pay? Probably. Is it the emotional stress of being a single parent and trying to make sure my son becomes a productive adult in society and not a serial killer (LOL)? Probably. I’m literally right back where I started with MFP so many years ago. My foot is bothering me again and I can barely walk because of the weight I’ve gained back, which really ticks me off. I know how much better I felt about myself and how healthier I felt when I was down 50 lbs. Why couldn’t I keep that off and keep going? I try to be the positive person and stay happy all the time, which I’ll continue to do. I just need to really dig deep internally with myself and figure this out. I just needed to share because this is really the only place where I know many of you can relate and understand.

@Tanya – I’m so happy you’ve found something that works. You’ve stayed focused and by keep reminding yourself you’re doing it. So proud of you and NO FAST FOOD!

@Kah68/Kelley – I’m supposed to have an annual exam soon with a new doctor. I had to find one with the move back to GA. I know the “change” is around the corner, but still I don’t want the next few years to be miserable until that happens. I’m definitely going to chat with her about it. Between the headaches, cramps, boobies aching, and a few others things, I’ve been miserable during that week. It was never like that before. Sigh. Also, I saw your post about the MRI. When I mentioned above about my foot pain, it’s my Achilles as well. Before when I got past a certain weight, I was battling plantar fasciitis. This is different and in ankle, which didn’t hurt before. I haven’t been exercising so it’s not that. I don’t know what I did, but the pain has been excruciating lately. Also, I’m so glad your interview went well. Keeping my fingers crossed. If this is the right door for you, that it will open wide!!! Plus, it’s good to get out of that comfort zone. After 12 years with Arby’s, I took a HUGE leap of faith and moved 2,000 miles away. Talk about getting out of my comfort zone. WOW! Well, I just saw your post about retirement and you’ve totally depressed me. Thanks a lot. Actually, I already know where I should be and I know how completely behind I am as well. Sigh.

@MountMary – Well, as you can see by my post above, I’m doing the same thing and need to get serious AND honest with myself and all of you too. I agree about Tanya’s honesty too with her fast food. This is why this group is so important. We can all learn something from each other that’s for sure!

@Robin/Ellen – I’m so glad to see your post again. They were always right on target and so thoughtful. Again, thank you for starting this so long ago. I saw your post on the 8th and I’m right there with you at our starting weight. Grrrrr! I’m bummed too and so mad at myself. It’s time to regroup, refresh and reenergize! Your post to Laurie and Karen nailed it for me too. I comment to both of them below, but yours was much more detailed. LOL!!

@Ereilly – June 23rd? Yikes!! Between the teachers and students, you guys will be climbing the walls to get out. I like the new mantra “Don’t pace yourself, push yourself.” Lord knows I need to start pushing!!!

@Skinnny/Karen – I’m a week or so behind, but glad you’re feeling better. I’ve heard a lot of folks have come down with a nasty stomach bug so glad it was short lived. Also, you’re right on target about being Mom vs. friend to Cyrus. I’ve told him that from the beginning. I’m not your friend. I’m your Mom. We’re doing OK. I had a great conference this morning with his teachers and we’re starting a SST. His Reading Teacher is going to be working with him about 3 days a week so we can determine what’s going on. Is it a learning disability? Maybe. He answers questions in class, does well on HW and tanks the tests. We’re seeing this across almost all of his subjects. We may even put a 504 on the back burner just in case they determine it is a disability. He’s not an average student, but not above average either and somewhere in the middle. I know there are parents out there that think I’m probably overreacting and would be happy if their child was pulling B’s and C’s, but he’s close to high school and testing will only get harder. If he’s not comprehending or understanding what they’re really asking for, he’ll continue to suffer.

@Tlh0407 – Totally agree about the MOJO. I can’t change the past, but need to figure out how to step forward and change my future. Loved your comment last week about your son’s “desire” – so funny! These kids are so funny at this age. Cyrus is so hung up on not having a girlfriend. I told him he has all his life. Enjoy being single!!  We’re on the same page with our boys that’s for sure. As I noted above in Karen’s post, he’s doing better though according to his teachers today. I definitely need to give him some really good props this week for pulling up his grades. Language Arts was a high D and he finished the semester with a low B. Really proud of him!

@Cblue/Lori – I’m behind again, but loved reading your post on the 6th. I know how hard it is to rebuild a marriage, but so proud of you and your husband for trying to make the effort. Either way you have to try just like you did for your health. I just saw the post about your son. Again? Oh no. Hugs to you.

@NK1112 – I love when we find things misplaced. I hate car in general, but I know there a necessity for most of us. I’m so glad the receipt was found. Woo Hoo!

@Jtconst – I was so glad to read your son was getting settled in his job. I know that was on your mind. I cannot wait to get back under 300 again. I’m not happy with what’s crept back on and determined to get it off for good!

@Hansea/Amanda – Loved your post to Robin about ‘bring in da noise, bring in da funk’! I’m going home tonight and banging some pans around!!  Also, good for you and using your little red wagon! Here I would have felt sorry for you and thought you didn’t have a car, but instead you’re just exercising. I guess I shouldn’t be so quick to judge. LOL!!!
    With that said, I just read your post from the 9th about your sister. I’m so sorry your family is going through this and hopefully things can turn to the positive somehow some way. Now I saw the reason for the devastating news. So sorry to read this and just in shock for your sister and your family. Rough week is an understatement. I have a co-worker who’s a grandmother. She took in her 4 granddaughters 5 years ago. There were triplets that were 12 at the time. Here to find out their step father molested all 3 of them and their mother her daughter knew about it. Talk about devastating. They just had their trial and luckily he was charged like 20 years – thank goodness! She was so proud of the girls, but talk about like changing overnight. Her and her husband were about to retire and just kept working. She’s an amazing woman, but I can’t even fathom what it’s like to have a disturbed son or daughter.

@Melifornia/Melissa – I’m so glad you had a great time at the lake with your BFF. It’s always so good to find time to truly relax and disconnect. Good for you! Loved your mantra on the 9th – I will go the gym. I will go to the gym. I will go to the gym. Or atleast for me – I will exercise. I will exercise. I will exercise.  Of course, I saw your post later and you went. You rock!!

@2ledbetter – Congrats on the 2 lbs and walking the mile! We’ll take it!!!

@Jennbo83 – Great post on the 9th! It sounds like a wonderful weekend. 11-mile hike? Holy cow!! You go girl!!!

@Laurie and @Skinny too– I know you’re frustrated, but its posts like yours that’s a walk up call for me. You’ve always been such an inspiration to me and I know you can and will get where you want to be. You’ve got that drive and determination. This was just a little curve in the road. Do you remember that show Charles in Charge? Well, it’s now officially called LAURIE IN CHARGE and KAREN IN CHARGE!!!

@MNwalkingqueen/Holly – I saw your earlier post about the potential and then saw the post it happened. Words cannot express. Thank you for the update. After 14 years, those co-workers are family too. It’s so tough to have it one day and gone the next. Hugs my friend.

@L2T – Sucks!!! There are so many baby boomers that are facing exactly what your DH is going through. You save for retirement and to get it pulled out from under you. At your age, you’ll never be able to recover that big of a loss, but like you said at least the 401K is safe. It’s totally NOT fair, but you guys did the right thing and got out of debt. Just imagine if you still had all that crazy debt??! I know you are still focused on helping out your DD and her fiancé, but they’ll be OK and have a long time to save. You guys have to take care of you too!!! Also, I’m so happy your back on the wagon. Super proud of you.

@Laurie, @Karen, @Kelley – You don’t have to twist my arm to go to Chicago. I love that town!! And yes, I would be honored to walk with you Kelley. :smile:

@FeraFilia – CONGRATS on the little nugget!! My birthday is on the 20th so it’s an awesome time!!! So happy for you guys!

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Susan That was a very powerful message. I too want to do this, but somehow never quite completely commit lately and only work at it sometimes. Sometimes I do well others not so well. I need something to click and get me started again.

@Everyone I have been following along; I just haven't posted as I feel like I am not "doing the work". There are no serious issues in my life that are bothering me. I just am being lazy I guess.

@NK1112 Happy Birthday!

Barb (Mountmary)
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @FeraFila - HOOT HOOT HOOT - congrats1 o:) baby on the way!
    so happy and excited for you!

I realized why I hurt today - yesterday it was 88 degrees here and now its 35 degrees and windy! :s
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    AFM – since I posted 3/12 I haven’t been to the pool. I got up at 10 but still so stiff with swollen joints. This comes from bending all evening to help step-mom. Nurses require bed stay low to avoid falls and lawsuits, I am just a smidge too tall for this constant bending. It’s every few minutes – a sip of water, a brush of the hair, a bit of chap-stick, a taste of her lozenge then, take the lozenge back, things I can’t do from a chair at her side. She needs constant re-assurance, poor thing – her anxiety level is so high right now.

I am my own worst enemy – when I see that I haven’t been to the pool, and see that I hurt, well, who is to blame, no one but me, lil ole me. I easily do for others. I’m used to being forced into doing things for myself.

Now, its urgent I pay my bills and balance the checkbook, check in with step-sister, shower, and leave for the night-shift. Maybe I can swim when I get home at mid-night. Still haven’t filed my taxes. Getting that refund would be nice. The Condo Association has informed us we need a new roof, so they are requiring an assessment of 4K from each of 96 units here -OY! Must figure that one out! Wish I could sell large size clothes but no-o-o- still need them! :'(
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    No fast food today. Gosh, it was so close... the internal dialogue that I had with myself would have led anybody to believe that I'm crazy! Though I made it through that, I did eat a bunch of chocolate, and I bought a bag of chips.. not fast food but I have a craving and these other things are not even satisfying it. I'm not even hungry, it's the pain that's making me emotional and I'm eating because of it. I went to physio today, saw the chiropractor, had a great workout and felt really good. On the way home the pain crept in again. Took a pill, but no relief. :s

@hansea... sorry you are crabby this week, but it's totally understandable. Sometimes I need work to help me forget other things troubling me, but when work is causing even more turmoil it's overwhelming. Hopefully your system gets worked out soon.

@Susan... I've felt and thought like that a thousand times. This time, so far... I've kept off the 50 lbs and am at least being aware of any slight gains and forcing myself to take control and not let it spiral back upwards. I have really lost my mojo at active sessions at physio right now, and am making the neck pain excuse to go in with a half-*kitten* attitude. Right now the one thing that excites me is the prospect of running outside once the weather warms up. I have made a goal to build up to 5k distance this year. Maybe you need to find something, one thing, that you really like, or excites you and make that your focus to get and stay motivated. Spring and summer are coming, which I think are the best times of the year to really be active, especially if you like being outside.

@kah... glad that you are able to get back into an exercise routine. Speaking of you not having a trainer any more reminded me of something I did today at physio. My trainer showed me how to do goblet squats and I really liked them, so I made a mental note to start making a list of exercises I liked and could do with my free weights at home. It's OK if I forget how to do them, as I can always google it.

@Tracey... My doc is in a small town but my chiropractor and physiotherapist are in a big city. I really think my doc just has a certain way of thinking... and the walk-in doc I saw yesterday is not really a physician, she's a Nurse Practitioner, and I don't really know her scope of practice compared to that of a physician, I know she can prescribe some meds, but not narcotics. If my pain does not improve in a week or so, I will go back to my doc and ask for an xray or scan, and go from there.

Oh yeah, I got my new fitbit today, a ChargeHR. I'me very excited to start using it, and am ecstatic to discover that it has a run function so I don't have to use the running app on my phone.
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    OK, I used the excuse that today is a feast day to have fast food for supper. I wasn't going to ease up on my Lent fast on non-Sundays, but I was, once again, so hungry I couldn't think of anything else to eat. Of course as soon as I ate a few bites of my chicken sandwich I remembered, like, 4 different meals I could've made at home. Not gonna beat myself up about it, but I am going to be extra vigilant for the rest of Lent.

Why was I so tired and hungry? Because I spent 5 hours helping my SIL sort through kids' clothes! (Well, between all the interruptions from the kids and making/eating lunch, it was more like 3 1/2 hours of sorting.) We made it through about 1/3 of the bags, boxes, and totes of clothing. Oy. BigBro and SIL have 10 kids, ages 9 months to almost 16 years (gah! how can she be 2 weeks away from turning 16 already?!?), plus I had LilBro's 2 kiddos with me today.

I should've eaten a bigger breakfast, I suppose, but I thought planning ahead and bringing lunch would suffice. Once I entered in what we had for lunch (I made turkey & ham sub sandwiches and sliced them up, plus chips and applesauce), I see that I only ate about 600 calories between breakfast and lunch, then I was on my feet for several hours sorting clothes, going up and down stairs, helping take care of kids, etc. I swear, if I lived at that house for a month, I'd lose 20lbs in 4 weeks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: