Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Now I want to know which one it was! Hope you can smooth things out with the fiance. Have you resolved the problem? Kind of hard to get over it until then.

The problem, sadly, isn't one that can be resolved in a night. I don't know if anyone else is in an interracial relationship, and normally, I don't even think about it, but issues have come up recently with his friends not appreciating my whiteness being involved with him. And I've finally had a tiny taste of what he has had to deal with for a very long time, and it's opened up my eyes, and makes me realize how selfish I can be about some things. But the issue for me, is I don't bring that stuff home. I never make racial jokes, or comment, but he is forever joking around every time we have a difference in opinion and says it is because I am white. I feel like he is putting a big space between us by bringing those types of comments into our relationships. Like he is highlighting a meaningless difference. (Not meaningless in the world in general it seems, but in terms of our relationship)

And that was a whole lot more personal and ranting than I wanted it to be. SORRY! To stay on topic, confession wise: Sometimes I think I would be happier if I just stayed huge. Because when you're bigger people don't notice anything about you except your weight. And that is comfortable, because it is like a disguise.

I was in a relationship with a guy of another race and he was forever pointing out differences & making comments about it, things I never would've even noticed or thought of. I felt the same way you do, like he was putting a big space between us over something that shouldn't have mattered. We weren't together for a long time so I'll never know if it would've become an issue (he had some other major issues that led to us breaking up!) but it was eye opening for me.

I hope you two can work it out!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I overestimate my protein/meat intake on a daily basis I'm pretty sure. And before you start making "meat" jokes, I'm 100% serious. I weighed out what I thought had to be over 4 oz. of a boneless chicken breast the night before last only to discover, it was barely over 2 oz.

Confession: I'm terrible at this "estimating my food intake" thing. I think I'm eating more than I do, yet I'm not loosing (just kidding) any weight and my waist doesn't seem to be getting smaller and I'm starting to get pretty fed up with the whole thing. If it were not for my muscle definition starting to show and grow, I'd give up.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Now I want to know which one it was! Hope you can smooth things out with the fiance. Have you resolved the problem? Kind of hard to get over it until then.

The problem, sadly, isn't one that can be resolved in a night. I don't know if anyone else is in an interracial relationship, and normally, I don't even think about it, but issues have come up recently with his friends not appreciating my whiteness being involved with him. And I've finally had a tiny taste of what he has had to deal with for a very long time, and it's opened up my eyes, and makes me realize how selfish I can be about some things. But the issue for me, is I don't bring that stuff home. I never make racial jokes, or comment, but he is forever joking around every time we have a difference in opinion and says it is because I am white. I feel like he is putting a big space between us by bringing those types of comments into our relationships. Like he is highlighting a meaningless difference. (Not meaningless in the world in general it seems, but in terms of our relationship)

And that was a whole lot more personal and ranting than I wanted it to be. SORRY! To stay on topic, confession wise: Sometimes I think I would be happier if I just stayed huge. Because when you're bigger people don't notice anything about you except your weight. And that is comfortable, because it is like a disguise.

I was in a relationship with a guy of another race and he was forever pointing out differences & making comments about it, things I never would've even noticed or thought of. I felt the same way you do, like he was putting a big space between us over something that shouldn't have mattered. We weren't together for a long time so I'll never know if it would've become an issue (he had some other major issues that led to us breaking up!) but it was eye opening for me.

That sucks.
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I confess that I haven't read the most recent Stephen King books, even though I've read all the others (agreed about the Stand... end kinda sucked, but I still loved that book). To be honest, I read them all pretty much in a year when I was 14 so I've forgotten most of them...

I did like Firehouse Sub, but a medium was not enough for me (I got the New York Steamer without mayo on wheat). So I went home and finished last night's shepherd's pie too. That's what happens I guess when you're up at 4.30am and have breakfast at 6am because you're starving.

Confession - I actually feel sad for people who are so proud to be 'clean eating'. I kinda pity them because they deprive themselves of delicious foods for no reason. I always feel obligated to reply that I've lost 80 pounds eating 'bad' food.

I'm glad you got to try it. I really like it. Would you go back? Maybe try something different, the hero, or hook and ladder. I never finish my whole sandwich because I devour my chips and most of my 32 oz. Dr. Pepper. Glad you tried it and like it though. :smile:

I might go back. I don't know. I'm a bread snob and I'd rather have a good old baguette on my subs I guess... plus it would probably be more filling.

My confession is that someone mentioned on another thread that grilled cheese sandwiches is the first thing they learned how to cook... I have no idea how to make a grilled cheese. Quite sure that when I tried, it was burned outside and the cheese wasn't melted enough.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I overestimate my protein/meat intake on a daily basis I'm pretty sure. And before you start making "meat" jokes, I'm 100% serious. I weighed out what I thought had to be over 4 oz. of a boneless chicken breast the night before last only to discover, it was barely over 2 oz.

Confession: I'm terrible at this "estimating my food intake" thing. I think I'm eating more than I do, yet I'm not loosing (just kidding) any weight and my waist doesn't seem to be getting smaller and I'm starting to get pretty fed up with the whole thing. If it were not for my muscle definition starting to show and grow, I'd give up.

Have you taken measurements to find out for sure? A lot of the time we can't see changes in the mirror. Measurements & progress photos are the only way I really see changes.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

That sucks.
    I confess that I haven't read the most recent Stephen King books, even though I've read all the others (agreed about the Stand... end kinda sucked, but I still loved that book). To be honest, I read them all pretty much in a year when I was 14 so I've forgotten most of them...

I did like Firehouse Sub, but a medium was not enough for me (I got the New York Steamer without mayo on wheat). So I went home and finished last night's shepherd's pie too. That's what happens I guess when you're up at 4.30am and have breakfast at 6am because you're starving.

Confession - I actually feel sad for people who are so proud to be 'clean eating'. I kinda pity them because they deprive themselves of delicious foods for no reason. I always feel obligated to reply that I've lost 80 pounds eating 'bad' food.

I'm glad you got to try it. I really like it. Would you go back? Maybe try something different, the hero, or hook and ladder. I never finish my whole sandwich because I devour my chips and most of my 32 oz. Dr. Pepper. Glad you tried it and like it though. :smile:

I might go back. I don't know. I'm a bread snob and I'd rather have a good old baguette on my subs I guess... plus it would probably be more filling.

My confession is that someone mentioned on another thread that grilled cheese sandwiches is the first thing they learned how to cook... I have no idea how to make a grilled cheese. Quite sure that when I tried, it was burned outside and the cheese wasn't melted enough.

You have your heat too high. Try low and slow. I loved a good grilled cheese!

• wick3tgirl
    wick3tgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna do 40 minutes on the stationary bike to earn some calories since this week I'm just in need of chocolate, despite having some already today. come to me my sweet caloriesssssss.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    landfish wrote: »
    I feel like a failure as a parent because my 14 year old is having serious emotional issues and my daughter is already fairly overweight at 10 years old.

Don;t beat yourself up! Help them with what you can (which I'm sure you are doing), but as a parent, you can only control so much. Our children are unique, individual people with minds of their own. Yes, they have our guidance and influence, but if they have problems of any kind (and they will - there are NO perfect children or parents) all you can do is support them, offer them assistance, and lead by example. Hugs! I hope your family is healthy and happy soon.

My 12yo son is so scrawny, he borders on underweight (5'7and 1/4" and 98lbs). I wonder sometimes if people look at him, then look at my fat self, and think that I am under-feeding him due to my obvious weight issues.

I only wonder this occasionally, and it's freaking genetics (my husband was 6' and 135lbs when he left for college and he grew up eating hot dogs/cheese dogs, kraft dinner, grilled cheese and buttered spaghetti as his staple meals). The boy pounds down ridiculous amounts of food daily.

If anyone seriously thinks that they should be slapped upside the head! Don't worry about that. A lot of teenage boys can be very slender until their early 20's. He will fill out, don't worry!

Oh, I am not worried. Like I said, genetics. My husband's adult weight is about 175, which at 6' is pretty not bad, lol.

I know how much the boy eats, I find it amazing he cannot put on weight. He wants to start weight training, I am putting him off until fall (he'll be 13), but in the meantime he does pull-ups, body weight squats, lunges etc... and plays lacrosse.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I ate a healthy lunch then my husband brought home fresh baklava (my favorite) from a friend's store. We also have a banquet this evening. I'm definitely not making calories today.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options

That sucks.

Grilled cheese was literally the first thing all 4 of my kids learned to cook and I can remember my oldest cooking the thing on like 8 out of 10 heat. Just like you described, black outside, half-melted cheese at best inside. On our electric range, the perfect heat is 4-5 out of 10 (medium heat) and it takes about 4 minutes the first side, 2.5-3 on the second to make perfect, golden brown grilled cheese. The kids like theirs less toasted, so it's more like 3 and 3 minutes.

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My confession for today. I despise my sister in law (thankfully I rarely have to deal with her) so much so that the only way to make it through any interaction with her is to imagine her head exploding and most of the time I totally ignore her, even if she's talking directly to me. Several years ago she lost a lot of weight doing Atkins, maintained for a few years and has now gained it all back and more (which I find perverse satisfaction in)
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Confession I'm a complete wimp when it comes to scary movies or books so I give them a complete miss. I have an overactive imagination ! I'm also terrified of lorries and my boyfriend is a hgv driver
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    My confession for today. I despise my sister in law (thankfully I rarely have to deal with her) so much so that the only way to make it through any interaction with her is to imagine her head exploding and most of the time I totally ignore her, even if she's talking directly to me. Several years ago she lost a lot of weight doing Atkins, maintained for a few years and has now gained it all back and more (which I find perverse satisfaction in)

Can't stand my sister in law either. She manipulates my husband all the time, since she is the only sister he has and their parents are dead, he feels a need to take care of her, she is 50 years old for Pete's sake! She is a loser, drug addict, ex prisoner, lives off the government (except what she gets my husband to send to her). I have gotten to where I refuse to talk to her, after we had it out a few years ago about how she only calls him when she wants something.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I ate a healthy lunch then my husband brought home fresh baklava (my favorite) from a friend's store. We also have a banquet this evening. I'm definitely not making calories today.

But baklava is totally worth it :) It's one of my all-time favorite desserts, and I'm counting the days until my town has it's annual Greek Festival so I can get me some!
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Can't stand my sister in law either. She manipulates my husband all the time, since she is the only sister he has and their parents are dead, he feels a need to take care of her, she is 50 years old for Pete's sake! She is a loser, drug addict, ex prisoner, lives off the government (except what she gets my husband to send to her). I have gotten to where I refuse to talk to her, after we had it out a few years ago about how she only calls him when she wants something.

I had it out with my hubby's sister almost 15 years ago when I finally snapped and physically shoved her out of my house. I don't care that she doesn't like me and honestly don't give a *kitten* what she thinks or says about me, but screw with my kids, hell *kitten* no. I told my husband I don't care about whatever relationship he has with her but she's not allowed to be around my kids unless I'm there and she's not welcome in my house, period. He could either step up and be a man and a father protecting his kids from her or I'd divorce his *kitten* and take the kids.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Another confession: There's a guy in my office, Mr. Foot Shuffler, the guy I want to throat punch, that pronounces Missouri, Miss er uh. Like with an "a" at the end. It irks me a lot more than it should but every time he says it, the throat punch urge becomes really strong with me.

Much like @tincanonastring‌ I overreact to insignificant things.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Another confession: There's a guy in my office, Mr. Foot Shuffler, the guy I want to throat punch, that pronounces Missouri, Miss er uh. Like with an "a" at the end. It irks me a lot more than it should but every time he says it, the throat punch urge becomes really strong with me.

That's a very common pronunciation of Missouri, especially for people who live in the Ozarks.

I get it though, I want to throw my laptop through the window every time I see "Your" used instead of "You're". It's incredibly common. I have no idea how people get away with this and have jobs.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

That's a very common pronunciation of Missouri, especially for people who live in the Ozarks.

I get it though, I want to throw my laptop through the window every time I see "Your" used instead of "You're". It's incredibly common. I have no idea how people get away with this and have jobs.

Oh, now you got me started: to instead of too, loose instead of lose, there instead of their, your instead of you're (I know you already said this) These are all big issues for me, I can't stand seeing this ignorance. I know sometimes it is just a typo but it still drives me nuts.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Oh, now you got me started: to instead of too, loose instead of lose, there instead of their, your instead of you're (I know you already said this) These are all big issues for me, I can't stand seeing this ignorance. I know sometimes it is just a typo but it still drives me nuts.

It only bothers me when it's someone who is simultaneously trying to correct someone else's grammar (or more often, their "grammer"). I have a few friends really bothered by it, so I confess I'll occasionally post something to their fb like:

I'm so threw with you're getting sew upset with how people should of spelled they're when they mean their, like those too houses over thataway.

It's usually the "should of" that pushes them over the edge.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Dr. Sleep was pretty good. His son Joe Hill is a good writer as well. My favorite author at this moment is Jim Butcher. Dresden is the man!