Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I once bought a Kitkat Chunky bar. I nibbled around the end, getting all the chocolate off first, like everyone does (right..?), kept nibbling, kept nibbling: no wafer. At all. The entire bar was solid chocolate! Manufacturing error in my favour. This was pre-logging but I don't know how I would have logged that. Maybe just taken it as a gift from the Gods and not even tried.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Yesterday I got a bag of Haribo Gummy Bears but didn't want 200 calories worth so I threw the green ones out of the car window as I drove down the highway.

But why throw out the best ones???

Green are the best ones? Do you have a fever or something? Next thing you will say the red ones are the worst ones.

Oh no no no...red are second best. Yellow are the worst.

Yellow is always the worst. Starbust, Swedish fish, Snow. ;)

I was at work and had to make a choice, a small red Laffy Taffy or one of those 2 pack Starburst, I really wanted Starburst. I said "watch it be freaking yellow or orange". I opened the wrapper and I got 2 yellow ones. Everyone laughed at me

I love the yellow ones, mmm lemon! But most of all I love the yellow (banana) laffy taffy, my favorite!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Yes. Red is the best of any candy, everyone knows that.

ugh...people...green. Green gummy bears, green apple jolly ranchers, sour apple dumdums...go green! Unless it's a sucker from Frisch's Big Boy or a popsicle, then go orange. After that comes purple. Then red. But never blue or yellow.

I concur. I want all the green Swedish fish that exist, which is sadly not that many, since so many places only sell the tiny red ones. Also, caramel apple lollipops. Those things are my kryptonite (which, coincidently, is also most commonly green).
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

Guilty here, too!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Confession: Before I had brain surgery, I did not like chocolate at all. Actually, a lot of my taste perception changed. Especially at first, I found really spicy things (not hot spicy...lots of spices spicy) completely overwhelming.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Confession: our local grocer used to stock bags of jolly ranchers that were all green apple. I would get them and keep several in my pocket at all times like an old man with peppermints.

I'm still sad they no longer carry the green only bag.

But you can buy a box of green only online;

http://www.candywarehouse.com/colors/green-candy/products/green-apple-jolly-rancher-hard-candy-160-piece-box/

Oh snap...now hide and watch if I don't order them. Thanks!

Lmao when doing the search for the green only, I found the box of watermelon (my favorite) only, and ordered a box.....
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have to hide the peanut butter in the back of the pantry, or make the sandwich and not eat a spoonful first... once I eat one spoonful, I just can't stop. :(
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I ate close to 3000 calories yesterday because of my workout...
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I can't eat the edges of pop tarts. I systematically break them off and eat only the frosted areas that have filling.
  • carriekwi
    carriekwi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bad food choices today...I am eating four egg rolls *right now* as I read this thread.
  • carriekwi
    carriekwi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Confession two....I will cover it up by quick adding the cals and running an extra mile or two to stay green.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Confession: Before I had brain surgery, I did not like chocolate at all. Actually, a lot of my taste perception changed. Especially at first, I found really spicy things (not hot spicy...lots of spices spicy) completely overwhelming.

??? Oh wow, what did you have and why? As usual, I understand if you don't want to share. I also think you're the poster that can speak 12+ languages, is that correct? How did the surgery affect your speech and language? I would love to speak that many languages, but apparently I like being lazy more. Sad.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Confession: our local grocer used to stock bags of jolly ranchers that were all green apple. I would get them and keep several in my pocket at all times like an old man with peppermints.

I'm still sad they no longer carry the green only bag.

LOVE green apple Jolly Ranchers! And I like all the flavors of Starbursts.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I can't eat the edges of pop tarts. I systematically break them off and eat only the frosted areas that have filling.

First you have to break them in half and then again to make four corners. One big bite out of the "meaty" filling-stuffed portion and then carefully munch your way to the edges. Lay the edge aside and proceed to the next corner piece.

In case you wanted details of the proper procedure. I know this to be the correct way to eat a pop tart because I did this basically every morning for the first 20 years of my life.
  • rinteusp
    rinteusp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    rotterholt wrote: »
    I confess that I'm feeling a little stabby towards my 100-pound co-worker who is happily munching on Wendy's fries and a burger while my stomach is loudly protesting. It's not her fault, and I'm glad she can literally eat what she wants without worry... but it would be so much easier if I didn't work in an office of stick-thin women who love crappy food (that smells soooo good...)

I keep telling myself that they don't taste as good as they smell, because honestly fast food never does.

Well, did she say that to you? That she never watches what she eats?

I mean, none of my co-workers knew me when I was hideously obese (peak BMI was around 45) and the vast majority still don't know I ever was. My BMI was about 26.1 when I started and has since dropped to 22.3. I could sit around and eat a burger and fries, but I would definitely make sure it fit into my calorie budget for the day. I just don't get to eat whatever I want with reckless abandon and stay 'thin'. You never get to rest on your laurels with this stuff, unfortunately.

I think there is a lot of assuming going on that this person is eating the same quantities of food as you did before you started dieting and somehow magically staying thin. I can assure you, nothing could be more wrong. You could be watching her eat the only real meal of her day right now. Watching Supersize Vs. Superskinny really set me straight about this and got rid of that particular piece of fatlogic.

Oh yes, she has a hard time putting on weight. And you know what, I don't want that problem either. I earned my fat with some really, really good food over the years, and I like my curves (just a lot less curvy). I've lost 70 pounds over the last year just eating human portions - now that isn't working and I've had to change things up. So I'm not judging her, or many of the others. Perhaps envy, but not judge.

Sigh.
  • DLD1877
    DLD1877 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Just curious, what kind of results have you had? I imagine great ones considering you know every.single.morsel you're consuming. Less room for human error. :)
  • MrsS_2014
    Options
    1) I once ate an entire pound of cooked bacon all by myself.
    2) Sometimes I will buy food for my husband, like chips I know he likes, and will end up eating the entire bag before he has had any. I then frantically go to the store and replace it before he notices.
    3) I will buy snack foods/fast food at lunch or on the way home and stop at a gas station to "anonymously" discard the trash so my co-workers/husband won't know that I ate it.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

??? Oh wow, what did you have and why? As usual, I understand if you don't want to share. I also think you're the poster that can speak 12+ languages, is that correct? How did the surgery affect your speech and language? I would love to speak that many languages, but apparently I like being lazy more. Sad.

I had a craniotomy after a ruptured aneurysm. Yes, I am multilingual. The surgery did not have much impact on my speech or language abilities, but I did have some memory problems, especially in the first year afterwards. My short-term memory was horrible for a while. I lost most of the language that I had learned most recently, which was Russian, but everything else seems to be intact. I still don't totally trust my memory, but I am beginning to suspect that it isn't any worse than most people's memories.

I was able to overcome most of the small deficits that I had after the surgery. It's amazing how plastic the brain is and how much we are able to adapt. My biggest challenge is that I have some frontal lobe damage and hence less impulse control. I can't really hide my emotions anymore, and that makes it harder to get along with people. I've been told that it also makes me funnier. :)