Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• sonewme
    sonewme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've had like a week-long binge and I'm ashamed :'(
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I can't eat the edges of pop tarts. I systematically break them off and eat only the frosted areas that have filling.

I kind of food that. I break the edges off then eat the middle of the Pop Tart first the I eat the edges last.

I eat the edges first to get the over with (kind of like how I always eat my veggies first) then I get to the center (aka the good stuff)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    BthinAmy wrote: »
    I've had like a week-long binge and I'm ashamed :'(

Don't be ashamed. It happens. Just get back on track as soon as you can :)
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I can't eat the edges of pop tarts. I systematically break them off and eat only the frosted areas that have filling.

I kind of food that. I break the edges off then eat the middle of the Pop Tart first the I eat the edges last.

I eat the edges first to get the over with (kind of like how I always eat my veggies first) then I get to the center (aka the good stuff)

You guys lost me when you put "Pop Tarts" and "good stuff" in the same sentence. #notjudging #justhatepoptarts
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to make a cake for my daughter's Gender Reveal Party this weekend, and I know I am going to blow it, with cake trimmings and icing. I am not sure how to combat this.

they have parties for this? is this new baby gender, or transitioning from one gender to another?

if it's new baby gender, go with pastel pinks and blues

It is for a new baby, I am the only one besides the dr that knows it is a girl. I am doing a cake that will be pink on the inside, but non gender specific on the outside. We will cut the cake to let everyone know it is a girl.

That's what I figured you meant. I was confused though: what are you going to blow and what is the "this" that you need to combat? Do you think you're going to blow the secret before they cut the cake?

Also, PROTIP: have them cut the cake with a piece of waxed, unflavored dental floss so the inside doesn't stick to the knife and ruin the surprise.

OK, now I am really concerned, I figured the calories in my butter cream frosting recipe and 4 Tbsp has 416 calories! I can eat that much without even noticing I am licking my fingers while icing a cake! Today is the day too - after work. I have been trying to be very conservative so far today to make up for it, and will likely be compelled to run 6 miles to compensate too. Wish me luck!
  • Daisy_mariah
    Daisy_mariah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The only reason I didn't get out the bed to eat in the middle of the night was that my blankets were to snugly
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Never buy the peanut butter pop-tarts. You will eat the whole box... OMG they are so good.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I hope this thread is really non-judgmental.

I hate when people tell me they hope they look as good as me when they get to be "my age."
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    landfish wrote: »
    I feel like a failure as a parent because my 14 year old is having serious emotional issues and my daughter is already fairly overweight at 10 years old.

Don;t beat yourself up! Help them with what you can (which I'm sure you are doing), but as a parent, you can only control so much. Our children are unique, individual people with minds of their own. Yes, they have our guidance and influence, but if they have problems of any kind (and they will - there are NO perfect children or parents) all you can do is support them, offer them assistance, and lead by example. Hugs! I hope your family is healthy and happy soon.

My 12yo son is so scrawny, he borders on underweight (5'7and 1/4" and 98lbs). I wonder sometimes if people look at him, then look at my fat self, and think that I am under-feeding him due to my obvious weight issues.

I only wonder this occasionally, and it's freaking genetics (my husband was 6' and 135lbs when he left for college and he grew up eating hot dogs/cheese dogs, kraft dinner, grilled cheese and buttered spaghetti as his staple meals). The boy pounds down ridiculous amounts of food daily.

I hear you on this. My 12yo son is 5'5" and does not legally weigh enough to be out of a booster seat in our province. He is 76 pounds. He, however, NEVER stops eating!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Confession: Before I had brain surgery, I did not like chocolate at all. Actually, a lot of my taste perception changed. Especially at first, I found really spicy things (not hot spicy...lots of spices spicy) completely overwhelming.

??? Oh wow, what did you have and why? As usual, I understand if you don't want to share. I also think you're the poster that can speak 12+ languages, is that correct? How did the surgery affect your speech and language? I would love to speak that many languages, but apparently I like being lazy more. Sad.

I had a craniotomy after a ruptured aneurysm. Yes, I am multilingual. The surgery did not have much impact on my speech or language abilities, but I did have some memory problems, especially in the first year afterwards. My short-term memory was horrible for a while. I lost most of the language that I had learned most recently, which was Russian, but everything else seems to be intact. I still don't totally trust my memory, but I am beginning to suspect that it isn't any worse than most people's memories.

I was able to overcome most of the small deficits that I had after the surgery. It's amazing how plastic the brain is and how much we are able to adapt. My biggest challenge is that I have some frontal lobe damage and hence less impulse control. I can't really hide my emotions anymore, and that makes it harder to get along with people. I've been told that it also makes me funnier. :)

Thank you for sharing! FWIW I find your posts always entertaining. You sound like a fun, smart person. I wish you happiness and good health from here on out!

As far as the bold statement, my youngest son has ZERO filter from brain to mouth although he was born that way. It takes some getting used to, but for the people who truly love him they understand not to get hurt by what he says because he has no ill intention. I mean, we all think things all the time that we never say out loud, but it's as if for him he HAS to say the words out loud to get them out of his head. Sometimes it's shocking, yes, but I'd rather he actually feel his feelings, get them out and move on than to hide them or self-medicate with drugs, alcohol, food, etc. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Just wanted to say there are other people out there who understand you.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I hate when people tell me they hope they look as good as me when they get to be "my age."

or the related, "wow, you don't look that old." Thanks? I guess?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

I would say that, but we are probably about the same age. :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

You guys lost me when you put "Pop Tarts" and "good stuff" in the same sentence. #notjudging #justhatepoptarts

You've obviously never had the chocolate fudge ones hot with a tall glass of cold milk.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    S'mores pop tarts are not safe around me.
  • rinteusp
    rinteusp Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I agree - that's a back-handed compliment if I've ever heard one. On the other hand, you're damn attractive and I wish I looked as good as you now! ;)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I manage a warehouse as part of my other duties as assigned portion of my job, and I have one guy that (instead of calling or god for bid emails) someone will walk to their desk/office to let them know that he'll be bringing their requested items to them at a later time.

I can't manage stupid. I really can't.

OK, maybe so, but I hate it when people send a simple question via email when they are sitting in the office next door. You can't take 10 steps and ask me in person? I already get too much email.

For the effort, of walking to someone to tell them he'll bring it later, he could have just taken the item.

Maybe he has a fitbit and is trying to get in more steps :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Confession: Before I had brain surgery, I did not like chocolate at all. Actually, a lot of my taste perception changed. Especially at first, I found really spicy things (not hot spicy...lots of spices spicy) completely overwhelming.

??? Oh wow, what did you have and why? As usual, I understand if you don't want to share. I also think you're the poster that can speak 12+ languages, is that correct? How did the surgery affect your speech and language? I would love to speak that many languages, but apparently I like being lazy more. Sad.

I had a craniotomy after a ruptured aneurysm. Yes, I am multilingual. The surgery did not have much impact on my speech or language abilities, but I did have some memory problems, especially in the first year afterwards. My short-term memory was horrible for a while. I lost most of the language that I had learned most recently, which was Russian, but everything else seems to be intact. I still don't totally trust my memory, but I am beginning to suspect that it isn't any worse than most people's memories.

I was able to overcome most of the small deficits that I had after the surgery. It's amazing how plastic the brain is and how much we are able to adapt. My biggest challenge is that I have some frontal lobe damage and hence less impulse control. I can't really hide my emotions anymore, and that makes it harder to get along with people. I've been told that it also makes me funnier. :)

Thank you for sharing! FWIW I find your posts always entertaining. You sound like a fun, smart person. I wish you happiness and good health from here on out!

As far as the bold statement, my youngest son has ZERO filter from brain to mouth although he was born that way. It takes some getting used to, but for the people who truly love him they understand not to get hurt by what he says because he has no ill intention. I mean, we all think things all the time that we never say out loud, but it's as if for him he HAS to say the words out loud to get them out of his head. Sometimes it's shocking, yes, but I'd rather he actually feel his feelings, get them out and move on than to hide them or self-medicate with drugs, alcohol, food, etc. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Just wanted to say there are other people out there who understand you.

Aw, thanks. Most people just seem to think that I am a pain in the *kitten*...but I really don't mean to be!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Me too! Always save the best for last

• mhildreth66
    mhildreth66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I LIKE BEERRRRRRRRRRRRR and Budweiser at that! and NO im not an alcholic i just like to let loose on Saturdays after a long week at work!!!!!!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

or the related, "wow, you don't look that old." Thanks? I guess?

I've gotten that one! Same reaction.

Also, our office cleaning woman (who has no filter--she refused to believe me that I lost weight from just eating less and moving more and asked if I'd had "an operation," and finally went away satisfied when I said I'd cut carbs some) told me that I look 30 years younger after losing weight. I'm 45--this causes me to be really curious how old she thought I looked and how old she thinks I look now.

Also similar is a co-worker's wife who said "wow, you've lost about 300 lbs!" (Actually, my fattest was about 220, which is bad enough at my height, but good to know she thought I was much heavier.) I absolutely know she meant it nicely and it's the kind of thing I can imagine saying and then being embarrassed about later, so I just think it's funny, but, well, it is funny.