Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post yesterday's bento:
    zdwdfff7yp39.jpg

Onigiri, edamame, apple slices, and a boiled egg that didn't get boiled long enough and fell apart when I peeled it :p

I didn't get to prep a bento for today, so I just brought the onigiri I'd made as a snack.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Onigiri, edamame, apple slices, and a boiled egg that didn't get boiled long enough and fell apart when I peeled it :p

lol, I do that all the time. I think my dogs hang around the kitchen now when I pull eggs out of the fridge just in case.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    Yeah, these are that same type of thing but savory to use as bread replacement. They are a big square, a bit bigger than an egg roll wrapper.

I just googled those, they sound both strange and intriguing! If I ever see them, I'll give them a try!

Oh, looks like I can get something called Origami wraps at Costco, and the gem wraps on Amazon. Any particular flavor to try? Carrot & barbeque both look intriguing.

I have Tomato, Barbecue, and Mango Chipotle and I like them all so far. I haven't seen Carrot yet.
  • cindytw
    Options
    w0v0mn7kmy7b.jpg
    His and hers lunches today! Mine is on the left. Mango Chipotle Turkey wraps in the Gem wraps.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Where in Costco can I find the wraps? Are they refrigerated? Frozen? On a shelf? Thanks!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    keenercam wrote: »
    Where in Costco can I find the wraps? Are they refrigerated? Frozen? On a shelf? Thanks!

No idea, but my guess would be refrigerated? Here's where I found that : http://www.newgemfoods.com/where-to-buy
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Wow, everything looks adorable in those boxes. I might have to buy some now.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you, SpecialKitty7!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I found these Rubbermaid Lunchblox. They're brilliant. They all snap together, have dividers in the larger ones, and come with the blue ice packs that also snap in. You can purchase them in a kit or individually. I love that everything all fits together so it doesn't move around in your lunch bag.
    hemswdnin4o3.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Today's bento was basically the same as Wednesday's, but with shrimp and a thoroughly-cooked egg :)
    2lqubhvt9ebf.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    Today's bento was basically the same as Wednesday's, but with shrimp and a thoroughly-cooked egg :)

The worst part about an undercooked egg? Not knowing until it's too late to do anything about it. I've eaten many a soft egg.

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    20150317_210954%201_zpst9zmxxo3.jpg

This was a lunch and snack bento, Low carb as always.

Meat and cheese with mayo roll, homemade ranch dressing in the sauce containers, blackberries, homemade trail mix, carrots, english cucumber, celery and a mushroom and a cute bear almond flour chive and thyme muffin.
  • Alliwan
    Options
    20150313_174625_zpsb5sw3x9p.jpg

This was a full lunch and supper bento. Cheese shapes, mixed raw veggies, almond flour pizza sticks with pizza sauce and homemade ranch for dipping, bear shaped almond flour chive and thyme muffin, strawberries, blackberries and apricots, hard boiled egg, Bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers, bacon wrapped honey mustard glazed chicken and then we did some cream cheese fat bombs in orange and strawberry flavors.
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    @Alliwan is that bacon raw? The chicken looks really tasty.
  • Alliwan
    Options
    @specialkitty7 LOL no it is baked on both the chicken and the peppers. it is delish!
  • cindytw
    Options
    No Bento for me today, I was scrambling and just threw stuff whole in my lunch bag to cut up at work! Everyone else's look good!

@Alliwan, do you have a recipe for your muffins?
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    I had a chance to make a bento for today (pizza at work, so i wanted something with me). Nothing special, pork & leek dumplings (i've decided I'm not a fan of leek, but I'll make it through the bag), edamame, brown rice & green beans.

7km3ia1ti2ll.jpg
  • cindytw
    Options
    @Alliwan Thank You!! I am low carb Paleo, and HAVE to be gluten free!! So these fit in my diet perfectly! I am OK with what I do but I have to get hubby on program and these will help us both!
  • cindytw
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Got some new containers, an actual Bento Box, 3 layer, a FitFresh one with a big bottom layer, an ice pack and 2 top portions, and some salt and pepper shakers to go for the hubby, as I have a Tupperware one and he has nothing. I ordered some vegetable cutters and egg molds and silicone cups, that won't be in til Tuesday! Darn business days!!