Am I the only one who takes unflattering race photos? (Pic!)

Options

Replies

• arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    4leighbee wrote: »
    LOL this was awesome! Thank you for being such a great sport!

My cross country coach (25+ years ago) told me, "well, you aren't the most graceful runner I've ever coached, but you do get it done." LOL ... way to boost the ego of a teenaged girl, sir.

To this day, I pull out the Fonzie thumbs when I'm getting tired and then when I start really picking up the pace, I add my pinkies into the mix so it looks like I'm giving a perpetual Hang-10 sign. Yes, I'm that cool.

Hey - I kind of look like I'm doing that in my photo above!! What on Earth?! LOL

Oh no ... forget I said anything!! Geez ... lol

Ha ha ha!!! No, it's all good. :)

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Now I'm kinda sad I cant find any of my really bad ones. I've looked.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    You guys are funny!!! I've never ran an official race, but every time I run in my neighborhood and I pass in front of a reflective surface, I cringe! I'm like "Why can't I run pretty like those marathon runners!"
  • mudmonkeyonwheels
    mudmonkeyonwheels Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @Tinabob777 Haha yeh, the funny thing is apparently when I am out running my style used to look OK but apparently the freeze frames are not so good. I know I could make my photos look better by stiffening my wrists but isn't it more efficient to relax the upper body when running? Why waste energy tensing muscles you don't need tensed.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    You guys are funny!!! I've never ran an official race, but every time I run in my neighborhood and I pass in front of a reflective surface, I cringe! I'm like "Why can't I run pretty like those marathon runners!"

We learn early that car windows are NOT our friend, don't we? LOL ...
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I always look like I am really suffering and on the brink of death, even if actually at the time I felt quite athletic and serene.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Lol! I have a race Sunday and I was really hoping for an amazing race photo to share. Now I can see that I should just plan to bribe the camera guy to delete all my photos immediately after the race
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have yet to experience a decent race photo. My face turns a startling shade of red, I look hideous when I mouth breathe, and I am guilty of the floppy wrist thing as well. My typical hairstyle includes side swept bangs to cover some of my huge forehead, but in a race I usually pin it back or wear a headband. So, ugly hair + red/purple face + look like I'm dying + floppy hands = Please-Don't-Let-Anyone-Google-My-Name.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I've managed to do a race without any pictures being taken lol

Here's one from a recent race I did... doesn't help I'm wearing contacts lol
    jnsnu0208umy.jpg
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half marathon last year with a couple family members. We had a contest to see who could take the best race photo. Mine as chosen as the winner- I think for having just run 13.1 miles, I don't look half bad!

11036074_10100248738428445_1568098704616951502_o.jpg
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    At my last half, I made an effort to look like I was running strong and feeling good, without a huge grin and waving that is. I looked like I was dying. Next time I am just going to put on a giant grin and wave or something, see if it helps. Probably won't.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half marathon last year with a couple family members. We had a contest to see who could take the best race photo. Mine as chosen as the winner- I think for having just run 13.1 miles, I don't look half bad!

I feel like the woman next to you is praying that she makes it to the finish line.

I hate running, and have only done one color 5k with no pics. But thanks for the entertainment!

And congrats to all the finishers!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    grimmeanor wrote: »
    At my last half, I made an effort to look like I was running strong and feeling good, without a huge grin and waving that is. I looked like I was dying. Next time I am just going to put on a giant grin and wave or something, see if it helps. Probably won't.

Funny! Yep ...
  • raisealittlehell
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

I feel like the woman next to you is praying that she makes it to the finish line.

I hate running, and have only done one color 5k with no pics. But thanks for the entertainment!

Actually- as I was coming to the finish, I saw the women next to me struggling, so I ran over to her and said "you have come this far, you are finishing the race.. come on will run together". They were also playing music at the finish and the song "Call Me Maybe" was on, so I started singing it to her... lol. Needless to say, she finished the race with a huge smile on her face!

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Actually- as I was coming to the finish, I saw the women next to me struggling, so I ran over to her and said "you have come this far, you are finishing the race.. come on will run together". They were also playing music at the finish and the song "Call Me Maybe" was on, so I started singing it to her... lol. Needless to say, she finished the race with a huge smile on her face!

Haha, that's awesome!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've actually had a few fairly decent ones from obstacle races. Which is surprising because I don't tend to look good in most pictures.
    aqf0kh592z11.jpg

pvizihwk3wh1.png

8sp6zx3e2f04.jpg
  • yesimpson
    Options

You look here how I think I look in my head. The reality always falls short for me. I want to know your secret.

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I have one good race photo and that is only because I learned the year before where the mid course ambush shot was. Any finish line shot at a race catches me trying to finish strong ... and looking like I'm about to die.

I do have a couple of good shots from the Tour de BBQ finish ... but that wasn't a race. Just a bike ride from one BBQ joint to the next.
  • raisealittlehell
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »

You look here how I think I look in my head. The reality always falls short for me. I want to know your secret.

The secret was- I didn't know there was a photographer, and I was coming down a small incline after a hill- so I was feeling sweet relief and being able to see the finish line in sight. Also putting my energy into helping that other girl out, I was determined to finish strong so she could as well.
  • yesimpson
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »

The secret was- I didn't know there was a photographer, and I was coming down a small incline after a hill- so I was feeling sweet relief and being able to see the finish line in sight. Also putting my energy into helping that other girl out, I was determined to finish strong so she could as well.

Haha! Well done for the race and the stylish photo.