Plan my meals
    Drink all my water
    30 minutes of exercise
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just for today:

I will eat better than I did yesterday.
    I will do my running exercise on the treadmill per the instructor.
    I will keep a positive outlook on my progress.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yesterday went fine. Don't have time to find my previous post. Eating went fine. Exercise, water, check. Didn't get those last two pictures up, but got a lot of other nice little house projects done, including touching up some chippy areas on the walls. My DD took it upon herself to rearrange all the stuff (photos, little pieces of paper etc) on our fridge and it looks GREAT! It's nice that when I'm so occupied, food is not even a thought! I still may be able to get the pix up on Sunday.
    Now, I will be in the car for 4 hours today and 4 tomorrow. I've packed and prepared healthy snax/drinks/water as best I can, but eating away from home is not the same.

So, my "Just for Today" is:
    1. Make good, healthy choices...including leeway of moderate, healthy treats. My conscience knows when to stop. Listen.
    2. Stick to adjusted cal limit (I'm giving myself some leeway, but it is still a "lose weight" #)
    3. Drink 3+ water/tea
    4. Get in some sort of exercise--we'll be walking a lot I think. Calisthenics if I have to.
    5. Enjoy this time with my son!

To Saragirl2: Did you find "the dress" also? That would be fun!
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just for today.
    1. Enjoy what I eat. Take time to taste it.
    2. Have a good dinner even if I go out tonight.
    3. Dance and cheer my team on while I watch March Madness Basketball. :p
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I will exercise.
  • mustardyellowshirt
    mustardyellowshirt Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love this! It's so easy to beat yourself into giving up over minor set backs. I'd like to add mine!
    For today:
    •I will refrain from pigging out so that I may enjoy a nice dinner tonight with my family
    •Keep in mind how good it felt to get an almost 2 mile brisk walk/jog in this morning, thereby keeping a promise to myself and not pushing the 'giving in' button.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I will refrain from worry.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I will laugh more today.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    No worry is a good one!

Walk my dog = done
    Plan my dinner = done (watch my carbs today...I over did yesterday..bad)
    Drink my water = working on it
    Exercise = on my way
  • _QueenE_
    Options
    I will drink more water.
  • _QueenE_
    edited March 2015
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    I will refrain from worry.

This is a great one. I find myself worrying a lot over nothing. It's a vicious cycle that does not help my anxiety at all.

-if only I could spell today
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today (Thursday March 19)
    1. Get up early to do 1/2 hour on treadmill ooops got up too late.
    2. Take breakfast and lunch with me :smiley:
    3. Make a shopping list so that I can make good choices :smile:
    4. Do a 2nd 1/2 hour of exercise after work :smile:
    5. Stick to 1200 calories :smiley::smiley:

Just for today (Friday March 20)
    1. Invite God into my day
    2. Do 1 hour of exercise
    3. Make healthy choices and log everything
    4. Stick to 1200 calories

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    I want to THANK YOU all for being here. Good or bad days, we all have struggles. It is hard to admit when I failed so miserably, but, that is how I put on the extra weight - not by eating too many carrots! So thank you all who understand, shared your own struggles, and encouraged me to not give up. It makes me not feel so alone. And Ruby, you are so right. At my age, the weight comes off SO slow, and it is so easy to give up. I only have about 20 lbs to lose, and those 20 lbs just do not want to go away. But I know if I give up, next year those 20 lbs will turn into 40 lbs.

But I had a much better day yesterday. It is hard not to just beat yourself up, and give up, but thats why, at least for me, one day at a time works. So thank you all for being here to help each other, to keep us all going!

Yesterday, 3/12
    Count all sugar grams, and stay within MFP guidelines!!! :) Only 3 grams over
    Do not let the cravings win :) This was so hard, but I knew, if I ate even a bite of ice cream, it would start me on a path I don't want to go on. So it was crackers instead.

Just for Today, 3/13
    1. try and get in a walk or ellipitical
    2. DO NOT get on the scale
    3. Keep sugar within MFP guidelines
    4. Vision myself 20 lbs lighter by next Christmas - keep that visual picture alive.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    _QueenE_ wrote: »
    I will laugh more today.

This is great -- something we all have to remember!
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love the previous post! How positive we can be when we try!
    I was able to attain my goals for yesterday except for doing some relaxing crochet. By the time I got home from work, went to the gym for 1 hours, then took one of the girls boyfriend home and got me something to eat it was 9:30p, so I just started watching a movie and fell asleep. I miss so many endings this way!

My goals for today is to:
    1) Go to the gym at lunch so that I can enjoy my evening.
    2) Stay at or under my calories
    3) Stay positive, which I feel pretty good today
    4) Get in some crochet tonight
    5) Drink 6-8 glasses of water.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful posts and goals.
  • onehealthykitten
    onehealthykitten Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and I only used MFP in the past as a solo project, but I feel like joining the community will help! Here are my three simple goals today.

1) Stay at or under my calories today; even if I have a date tonight.
    2) Exercise for at least 30 minutes.
    3) Get a sizeable chunk of homework done.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    [quote="kwfitgal;31750934":
    1. Chocolate is good for you!--at 70% or more dark! Joan and losingrae wrote about both sides: Milk chocolate will make a person eat ghastly amounts because the sugar triggers craving for more. But dark chocolate can be amazingly satisfying in very small amounts. It has phenylethylamine which causes your brain to release endorphins--the "feel happy" and relaxing hormone. It also has flavinoids which actually help reduce insulin resistance. i.e., an anti-diabetes effect. It improves circulation, and several other things. I love alloting myself my nearly daily bit of dark chocolate.

[/quote]

I did not know this about Dark Chocolate! I know it is good for you, but I figured it would just start cravings again! Thanks so much for sharing this info - easter for me, IF I have any candy, will be 1 piece of dark chocolate!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    “In order to succeed, you must first be willing to fail.” ~Anonymous
  • Andaisy1
    Andaisy1 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    First time I've seen this thread - I love the idea!

Just for Today 3/20
    1) No candy or junk food, even if it fits in my day.
    2) Log everything I eat and be under my calorie goal.
    3) Drink at least 8 glasses of water
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    !

Just for Today 3/19
    1. log, log, log :)
    2. gym :neutral_face: I made it to the gym, but am overwhelmed by the contradicting weight ideas out there. So I did one that seems to be popular. Didn't seem like much, need to raise my weight. Then when I started my cardio, I realized I had a phone appointment to help out a high school student in need, so I left.
    3. 5 mins meditation :) Took a hot epsom salt bath after the gym. Turned out the lights, and multi tasked by using that time to meditate.

Just for Today 3/20
    1. log even when I go over my limit
    2. 5 mins meditation
    3. do not let the overload of info or the scale set you back. Just keep swimming...