Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    This thread is awesome free therapy! A few more confessions:

1) my middle child is in her first year of high school and she keeps asking about my high school years, I almost feel guilty for telling her I'm old, it was 20+ years ago and I don't remember much. Then I realize that telling her I rarely actually went to school and spent most of my teen years drunk as a skunk probably isn't the best either.

2) my high school reunion is coming up this summer, one of the only reasons I'm thinking of going is to confirm the rumors that my former "best friend" (who was *kitten* my boyfriend in high school) turned into a crack *kitten*. I didn't like most of the people I went to school with and to be honest I was too drunk to remember them anyways,

3) I'm not a huge fan of "gummy" candies, except sour patch kids left to soak in Cachaca (Brazilian rum), they are *kitten* awesome!

I don't know, I think it would have helped my high school self to know my parents less than stellar moments. Maybe not full disclosure, but I never felt like I could tell them anything. I never, ever would have called my parents or told them if I had gotten into trouble. It really broke down my relationship with them for a few years.

Thankfully my daughters (19 & 14) know they can come to me with anything (and they do) they know I'm not perfect (both can and have done the math an know I was 17 when I got pregnant with my now 19 year old). My 14 year old goes to a charter school because she got into so many fights in "regular" high school. She has her moms inability to stand by an do nothing if she sees someone being bullied, or even a fight with uneven odds she will jump in and even things out. It helps that all in all she's a good kid and knows I have her back and will defend her when she's done the right thing. I also worry about damaging what little relationship she has with my mother as I know her first question is going to be why I spent years being drunk (which as clichéd as it sounds is all about my mother).

It sounds like you are doing a great job :)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Scared ofs:

I have always been afraid of Zombies as far back as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is being at a drive in movie theater that had a zombie triple feature

Dawn of the Dead
    Day of the Dead
    Return of the Living Dead

And some point during one of the movies, people in costume came out from under the drive in screen dressed as zombies and started banging on cars, I was like 6 or 7 at the time. I had some serious issues for a long time after that. I couldn't sleep under windows, I was always and still do look for escape routes, I have recurring nightmares about zombies, usually in the same place, but there's 1 thing different, like one time I had sand in my eye so I couldn't see where I was running.

In 2004 when they rebooted Dawn of the Dead, I went with a buddy to see it, I frequently closed my eyes, or plugged my ears as inconspicuously as I could. When I got to my 3rd floor apartment, I shut all the doors inside, locked everything, locked the windows, locked myself in my room and watched Disney channel until I fell asleep.

man, you all have gotten 2 great memories out of me today, not sure how much more I can give.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Clowns don't scare me, but @DWBalboa those figurines weird me out. I loved the movie It as a kid and other than the fact that I wanted to be a Power Ranger instead, I was a clown several times for Halloween.

Now...marionettes scare the ever living hell out of me. When my sister was in high school she made a marionette in her art class and I secretly threw it away when she brought it home. It started in the 6th grade when our teacher showed us an episode of The Thunderbirds. I've seen them as decorations in restaurants and had to move to a different seat. They freak me out so badly.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    So here’s a real confession but it’s not like most people didn’t have this phobia as well. As a child I was deathly afraid completely petrified of clowns I couldn’t go to the circus because of them. My grandmother painted four portraits of clowns for me the year I was born and they hung on the four walls of my bed room. I had to sleep in complete darkness so I would see their creepy faces gazing down at me. When there would be lightning storms the flash would light up the room and I would see them staring at me. To make matters worse both sets of my grandparents gave me clown dolls, Howdy Doody dolls and other ventriloquist doll that would all appear to be looking at me, in the flashes of light. Oh yeah great now I remembered I was deathly afraid of storms as well.
    When I stayed at my grandmothers house I would always get up really early in the morning to watch Saturday cartoons (a concept lost on todays kids) but to get to the den where the TV was I had to walk through the living room where my grandmother had the glass figurines of clowns that also scared the bejesus out of me. So every night as I went to bed I would turn them around so I wouldn’t see their faces in the morning but somehow every morning they had mysteriously turned back around to greet me with their creepy smiling faces. I would summon up the courage and sprint through the room to get to the safe haven of the den and my Saturday morning cartoons and the wonderful worlds of Sid Krofft’s inventions.
    I now love clowns and creepy dolls, I have the clown portraits that terrified me as a child but my wife and kids are so creeped out by them they won’t let me hang them in the house.
    If I could figure out how to post the clown portraits I would but here is a few of the types of dolls that were in my room. They are the same types that I had, trust me they are indelibly etched in my mind for eternity!
    158919030_1950s-ideal-howdy-doody-ventriloquist-doll-hard-plastic-.jpg
    454a1a24318a40d8ba479940e2969668.jpg
    vintage-bozo-the-clown-ventriloquist-dummy-puppet-americanlisted_31867995.jpg

I wasn't scared of them until this post.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    So here’s a real confession but it’s not like most people didn’t have this phobia as well. As a child I was deathly afraid completely petrified of clowns I couldn’t go to the circus because of them. My grandmother painted four portraits of clowns for me the year I was born and they hung on the four walls of my bed room. I had to sleep in complete darkness so I would see their creepy faces gazing down at me. When there would be lightning storms the flash would light up the room and I would see them staring at me. To make matters worse both sets of my grandparents gave me clown dolls, Howdy Doody dolls and other ventriloquist doll that would all appear to be looking at me, in the flashes of light. Oh yeah great now I remembered I was deathly afraid of storms as well.
    When I stayed at my grandmothers house I would always get up really early in the morning to watch Saturday cartoons (a concept lost on todays kids) but to get to the den where the TV was I had to walk through the living room where my grandmother had the glass figurines of clowns that also scared the bejesus out of me. So every night as I went to bed I would turn them around so I wouldn’t see their faces in the morning but somehow every morning they had mysteriously turned back around to greet me with their creepy smiling faces. I would summon up the courage and sprint through the room to get to the safe haven of the den and my Saturday morning cartoons and the wonderful worlds of Sid Krofft’s inventions.
    I now love clowns and creepy dolls, I have the clown portraits that terrified me as a child but my wife and kids are so creeped out by them they won’t let me hang them in the house.
    If I could figure out how to post the clown portraits I would but here is a few of the types of dolls that were in my room. They are the same types that I had, trust me they are indelibly etched in my mind for eternity!

I wasn't scared of them until this post.

LMAO.... Imagine those faces lighting up in the dark. The clown scene from the movie Poltergeist was one of the scariest for me in cinematic history and the entire movie Magic with Anthony Hopkins.

hqdefault.jpg
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Now, if only I could think of a reason to boycott Hershey...

In my early twenties, I was living in New Jersey and it was memorial day weekend me and a bunch of friends were on a 3 day acid binge, when we saw a commercial for Hershey Park and their albino alligator exhibit, and we had to see it. So we drove the few hours it took to get there, found a motel and headed to the park trippin balls to find the white alligator, I'm pretty sure it was going to be my spirit animal.

After touring the facility, buying an 8 lb bag of jolly ranchers, talking to some animatronics for an hour give or take, we decided to go gator huntin. We walked the entire Zoo at Hersehey park over several hours or minutes and no alligator, it wasn't until we were leaving that we said to the employee at the exit, The commercial said albino alligator, but there wasn't one, and the employee says it's right there, so we turn around, and in this little pool, not even a pool, a puddle or was it? There was the albino alligator, and it was either normal size or really small, but I remember it being really small, I'll never know.

I've never been back to Hershey.

It was gigantic and was in a giant lake. How much acid did you take?

I think this is one of those questions that really answers itself...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Scared ofs:

I have always been afraid of Zombies as far back as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is being at a drive in movie theater that had a zombie triple feature

Dawn of the Dead
    Day of the Dead

And some point during one of the movies, people in costume came out from under the drive in screen dressed as zombies and started banging on cars, I was like 6 or 7 at the time. I had some serious issues for a long time after that. I couldn't sleep under windows, I was always and still do look for escape routes, I have recurring nightmares about zombies, usually in the same place, but there's 1 thing different, like one time I had sand in my eye so I couldn't see where I was running.

In 2004 when they rebooted Dawn of the Dead, I went with a buddy to see it, I frequently closed my eyes, or plugged my ears as inconspicuously as I could. When I got to my 3rd floor apartment, I shut all the doors inside, locked everything, locked the windows, locked myself in my room and watched Disney channel until I fell asleep.

man, you all have gotten 2 great memories out of me today, not sure how much more I can give.

Oh, man, that would be terrifying! Assuming you were with your parents (or other adults), but I'm guessing they had no idea how scary that would be for you. Wow, I would be forever terrified of zombies too, if that happened to me.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options

I find it really interesting that you now love them! And, even though they would probably creep me out, I'm glad you saved them. They are a large part of your childhood and handpainted by your grandmother. Glad to see you had the insight to save them. And, respectful of your family's wishes to not hang them up.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My dad is terrified of clowns and one of my earliest memories is him punching one in the face in a mall. The clown came running up to him trying to get him to participate to which my dad told him in no uncertain terms where to go. When the clown didn't take no for an answer, dad laid him out cold.

I have a phobia of puppets. I can watch the fluffy ones on children's TV now but if they come near me I freak
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Scared ofs:

Dawn of the Dead
    Day of the Dead

Oh, man, that would be terrifying! Assuming you were with your parents (or other adults), but I'm guessing they had no idea how scary that would be for you. Wow, I would be forever terrified of zombies too, if that happened to me.
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Scared ofs:

Dawn of the Dead
    Day of the Dead

When I was about 5/6 the same thing happened to me but on Halloween at a house I was going to trick-or-treat at. These guys had dressed up like werewolves and started coming out of the bushes in the front of their house and one guy was dressed like a werewolf holding a bowl of candy very very still until you went to reach for a piece, then he'd jump. Teenagers - 1, chubby little kid in a clown costume - 0.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit iffy on clowns, but what really freak me out are sock monkeys. Those bright red mouths--WHY?
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Here is mine - so I love wine, but I want to step up my weight loss efforts by removing it from my diet for a couple of weeks. Two nights ago I made an amazing discovery. I have an old half opened bottle of Woodbridge Chard in the fridge. I had a Diet Squirt that was half opened. I poured it over ice, emptied all 5 ounces of the chard in the same glass and found it surprisingly delicious. I only had the five ounces and it was enough. So once in a while that will be my "cheat drink."

I feel no regrets.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Now, if only I could think of a reason to boycott Hershey...

In my early twenties, I was living in New Jersey and it was memorial day weekend me and a bunch of friends were on a 3 day acid binge, when we saw a commercial for Hershey Park and their albino alligator exhibit, and we had to see it. So we drove the few hours it took to get there, found a motel and headed to the park trippin balls to find the white alligator, I'm pretty sure it was going to be my spirit animal.

After touring the facility, buying an 8 lb bag of jolly ranchers, talking to some animatronics for an hour give or take, we decided to go gator huntin. We walked the entire Zoo at Hersehey park over several hours or minutes and no alligator, it wasn't until we were leaving that we said to the employee at the exit, The commercial said albino alligator, but there wasn't one, and the employee says it's right there, so we turn around, and in this little pool, not even a pool, a puddle or was it? There was the albino alligator, and it was either normal size or really small, but I remember it being really small, I'll never know.

I've never been back to Hershey.

It was gigantic and was in a giant lake. How much acid did you take?

I think this is one of those questions that really answers itself...

All, right? The answer is ALL the acid?
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but I only record the times I weigh less than the previously recorded weight...lol...I have never logged a weight gain. And I don't think I've lost anything since before Christmas!! yikes!

Sometimes I adjust the amount I've eaten of something by just a little as to not go into the red if I'm just a couple of calories over....ok, maybe more than just a couple calories sometimes....
  • fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Here's a good one...

One of my guilty pleasures is running to the likes of Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and Meghan Trainor.

I put Pandora on shuffle and it will literally go from hardcore gangsta rap, to death metal, to Taylor Swift.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Confession: One time, my parents took me to this flash mob thing. This was back in the 80's when people did *kitten* as a group and didn't need a flashy name for it. Anyway, we went to this drive-in that was playing a zombie triple feature. We dressed as zombies and shambled out from under the screen while the movies were playing. We banged on all the car windows moaning and pretending to be the undead. Most people thought it was funny, but I remember this one kid was just terrified. I've always felt bad for him and wondered how if he ever recovered from the shock.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Confession: One time, my parents took me to this flash mob thing. This was back in the 80's when people did *kitten* as a group and didn't need a flashy name for it. Anyway, we went to this drive-in that was playing a zombie triple feature. We dressed as zombies and shambled out from under the screen while the movies were playing. We banged on all the car windows moaning and pretending to be the undead. Most people thought it was funny, but I remember this one kid was just terrified. I've always felt bad for him and wondered how if he ever recovered from the shock.

Oh, this is good, very good lol.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Final confession, I HATE, HATE, HATE when people tell me I am really tall. I know seeing a woman at 6'0 is not average but I already know so please stop pointing out the obvious.

People seem to do this with anything they deem is different. The two I hear most often are, "You're really short" and "You've got long hair". Then they stare at you intensely waiting for a response, but what are you supposed to say there? They haven't left you an opening. I've started switching it up a little. Yep, they chopped my legs off last night! Nope, my legs go from the floor all the way up to my *kitten*. Ah, I didn't realize my hair transplant was a success. Shh, you'll wake my hair up and it gets angry.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Here's a good one...

One of my guilty pleasures is running to the likes of Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and Meghan Trainor.

I put Pandora on shuffle and it will literally go from hardcore gangsta rap, to death metal, to Taylor Swift.

Why did I not realize you could put Pandora on shuffle? I have a long car ride in store this afternoon, I shall be having a gangsta rap, to death metal, to Taylor Swift car ride! Thanks!

• tincanonastring
    Options
    Here's a good one...

I don't use headphones on my runs. I just let play an all song shuffle out of the speakers. I ran by a dude the other day whilst huffing and puffing to the opening notes of Eye of the Tiger. He looked at me a bit cockeyed. The other day I came to a corner at the same time as another runner and was a bit mortified when "Master of the House" from the Broadway Les Miserables soundtrack started blaring out.