Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Confession 1: I've spent my entire morning at work (apart from the bit where we stood outside and watched the eclipse) trying to catch up on this thread. My supervisor is away today but I have lots to do anyways :(

Confession 2: I have made too many aborted/stiffled chuckles whilst reading so now some of my colleagues are giving me side-eyes and definitely know I'm not working.

Confession 3: I wish I was funny - I really appreciate a wide range of humour and used to regularly go to comedy clubs but I'm pants at making other people laugh. I'm totally a little miss sensible.

Confession 4: I scratch myself. I have since I was very young and had sensitive skin that reacted to a wide variety of things. My skin is now fairly normal but I still scratch whether I itch or not. I've seen Dr.s, nurses and therapists and still haven't managed to stop myself. I now have really scarred upper arms and it's spreading to my thighs.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I hate any SOUR/BITTER candies. I ate a sour ball candy when I was younger and later threw up. I am convinced it was that sour ball candy. :o

Same thing happened with me and popcorn. Had some really awful dry over-salted stuff from a park concession stand, got a scratchy sore throat almost immediately, and it had turned into tonsillitis by the next day. I've always associated popcorn with tonsillitis since then and hate it.

When I was 3 I ate so many cheese puffs while no one was supervising me (at a party, not my parents fault!) that I puked orange for hours after. I still won't eat cheese puffs.

Also, something happened between rice and I when I was little, and I've just now begun getting over my hate of it. I can now eat sticky rice, and little bits of rice if they're in things.
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Last month I ate an entire bag of caramel hershey kisses in 1 day (twice)....I had a Ghiradelli Milk Caramel craving, but these were on clearance from Valentine's day for about 50 cents per bag....too much of a bargain to pass up.

Yesterday, my purse fell onto the garage floor and its contents spilled out. As I was picking everything up, I found 1 lovely pink M&M (again, from the post valentintes chocolate clearance). I seriously contemplated eating it off the dirty garage floor, but fortunately did not follow through (It was near the spot where the puppy peed- or so I convinced myself).

Mmmmm....chocolate.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ethim wrote: »
    Confession 1: I've spent my entire morning at work (apart from the bit where we stood outside and watched the eclipse) trying to catch up on this thread. My supervisor is away today but I have lots to do anyways :(

Confession 2: I have made too many aborted/stiffled chuckles whilst reading so now some of my colleagues are giving me side-eyes and definitely know I'm not working.

Confession 3: I wish I was funny - I really appreciate a wide range of humour and used to regularly go to comedy clubs but I'm pants at making other people laugh. I'm totally a little miss sensible.

Confession 4: I scratch myself. I have since I was very young and had sensitive skin that reacted to a wide variety of things. My skin is now fairly normal but I still scratch whether I itch or not. I've seen Dr.s, nurses and therapists and still haven't managed to stop myself. I now have really scarred upper arms and it's spreading to my thighs.

As a fellow scratcher, Confession 4 spoke to me, but I actually do itch all the time.

Confession: I consider it a small miracle that I haven't tried to peel my skin off in a psychotic fit brought on by constant itchiness. I have a blood/immune disorder that gives me urticaria pigmentosa, which looks like freckles and itches like a *kitten*. I'm absolutely covered, head to toe, in spots that itch. I'm on a ridiculous amount of antihistamines to try to control the itching, but it still doesn't work. Right now, the following spots on me itch: The top of my left ear, the spot right at the top of my *kitten* crack, my outer left calf, my right inner calf, my right temple, my backmybackmybackmywholefarkingbackohgodiwantsomeonetoscratchmyback. In two minutes, those areas will no longer itch, but a different 7 places will start (oh, there goes my *** crack itch - it migrated to my right man-boob). Sometimes scratching one body part makes another part start itching. Scratching also causes a hive reaction and makes the area actually itch more once I stop scratching. I can't recall a time in the last 15 years where I haven't been at least a little itchy.

img0022.jpg
    This is UP. My spots are smaller and denser, but this is a decent representation.
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I chew foods I can't have then spit them out before I am suppose to swallow... I know I am still getting some of the bad food particles still but it is my way of "coping" with not be able to actual eat those items anymore. Really gross I know. :(
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ethim wrote: »

As a fellow scratcher, Confession 4 spoke to me, but I actually do itch all the time.

Confession: I consider it a small miracle that I haven't tried to peel my skin off in a psychotic fit brought on by constant itchiness.

I probably would have - when I did get allergic reactions that itched I used to rub my skin raw on the carpet to try to stop it - which was bliss for 5 seconds and then even itchier. Occasionally I still react to biological washing powders (I never use them) but if I'm sleeping in bedsheets washed with them I will spend half the night awake and scatching. You must have the willpower of a GOD.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Last night I went to my favorite Gyro place, Uncle Petes. I always get the Gyro basket with a side of macaroni salad. And while I was waiting in line to pay, there was a teenager ahead of me who ordered "The Super Gyro." Immediately I was appalled I have never been offered this meaty monstrosity, this roasted kronos delicacy, this Ambrosia of Feta, Kalamata and Cured Meat. My dinner just wasn't as good, knowing that there was something better. Damn me for calling ahead.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    +1 on scratching... Lifelong eczema sufferer. It's been a while since I've had a bad flare up, but I did have a mild one recently and I wanted to cut my arm off. When I was little, my mom would make me sleep with socks over my hands so I didn't destroy my skin in my sleep.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Last night I went to my favorite Gyro place, Uncle Petes. I always get the Gyro basket with a side of macaroni salad. And while I was waiting in line to pay, there was a teenager ahead of me who ordered "The Super Gyro." Immediately I was appalled I have never been offered this meaty monstrosity, this roasted kronos delicacy, this Ambrosia of Feta, Kalamata and Cured Meat. My dinner just wasn't as good, knowing that there was something better. Damn me for calling ahead.

I like the way you food. My husband (who is Greek) gives me a hard time for my indelicate love of gyros. When we go out, we'll get funny looks because I order the deluxe gyro platter, and he'll get something like a shrimp basket.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Yesterday I got a bag of Haribo Gummy Bears but didn't want 200 calories worth so I threw the green ones out of the car window as I drove down the highway.

But why throw out the best ones???

Green are the best ones? Do you have a fever or something? Next thing you will say the red ones are the worst ones.

Oh no no no...red are second best. Yellow are the worst.

Yellow is always the worst. Starbust, Swedish fish, Snow. ;)

Correct, on all accounts! Yellow is only good when it is banana and not yucky lemon!

I'm with you here, especially when it comes to Runts...
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Yes. Red is the best of any candy, everyone knows that.

ugh...people...green. Green gummy bears, green apple jolly ranchers, sour apple dumdums...go green! Unless it's a sucker from Frisch's Big Boy or a popsicle, then go orange. After that comes purple. Then red. But never blue or yellow.

Once again, green is only good when it is green apple and not yucky lime!

...but definitely not here. Skittles ruined me when they made the change. :(
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Guys. Seriously, guys. It's time to get real. I need to tell you something extremely important. I just have to get this off my chest. You guys, I love pineapple so *kitten* much. Like, for real, I'm thinking of eating 500 calories of pineapple this Saturday just cause that's how *kitten* much I need pineapple in my mouth. Thanks for listening.

I've done this before, and the acid destroyed the inside of my mouth. Please, be careful.

That's from the bromelain. Bromelain is an enzyme that only exists in pineapples and it actually breaks down proteins. So, basically, when you're eating a pineapple, it's kind of eating you back. I still don't *kitten* care and it's all getting crammed in my facehole.

That's amazing.

Also terrifying.
  • KpopGrad92
    KpopGrad92 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I used to gorge myself in fast food all the time in college especially when I had a long day of classes and working in retail.. I thought diet soda would honestly even it out ;) . Taco bell was my biggest weakness, I have to have a game plan for there even now.
    I have made so many accounts on here and 2 other sites since I was 18 (probably some are still not deleted). Now at 22 I am just trying to find the balance of going out and eating right along with exercise and it doesn't bother me as much that I am losing slowly. I am just excited to be below 200 in the coming months because I haven't seen that since high school.
    Final confession, I HATE, HATE, HATE when people tell me I am really tall. I know seeing a woman at 6'0 is not average but I already know so please stop pointing out the obvious.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Guys. Seriously, guys. It's time to get real. I need to tell you something extremely important. I just have to get this off my chest. You guys, I love pineapple so *kitten* much. Like, for real, I'm thinking of eating 500 calories of pineapple this Saturday just cause that's how *kitten* much I need pineapple in my mouth. Thanks for listening.

I've done this before, and the acid destroyed the inside of my mouth. Please, be careful.

That's from the bromelain. Bromelain is an enzyme that only exists in pineapples and it actually breaks down proteins. So, basically, when you're eating a pineapple, it's kind of eating you back. I still don't *kitten* care and it's all getting crammed in my facehole.

That's amazing.

Also terrifying.

Right! There are terrifying implications here. Why does a plant evolve a mechanism to break down protein? It makes me worry about other possibly carnivorous plants...
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

:'(:'(:'( it breaks my poor Greek heart that most of the Kronos cones have MSG in them and make my face explode. I love gyros so so so much but it's a risk to get them anywhere. So I stick to souvlakia and making my own tzatziki.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    After about 3 months and 30 pounds, coworkers started commenting on my weight. I was surprised that several people asked me "why" I decided to lose weight since I "wasn't that bad before". I have no good answer to that. It is probably 60% for appearance reasons, 25% because I enjoy it, and 15% because of my health. But I don't want to sound like a narcissist and actually be honest about all that.

You haven't posted much, but I sense you're an interesting dude. Hope to see you around more.

I agree!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    While you guys are fighting over all the red and green gummies and starburst, can I have the black jelly beans, pls?

Share with me, please! Those are my favorite!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Then what's the deal with kwiw? Pineapple does not bother my mouth, but kiwis do. I still eat them, but not as often.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I hate any SOUR/BITTER candies. I ate a sour ball candy when I was younger and later threw up. I am convinced it was that sour ball candy. :o

Same thing happened with me and popcorn. Had some really awful dry over-salted stuff from a park concession stand, got a scratchy sore throat almost immediately, and it had turned into tonsillitis by the next day. I've always associated popcorn with tonsillitis since then and hate it.

When I was 3 I ate so many cheese puffs while no one was supervising me (at a party, not my parents fault!) that I puked orange for hours after. I still won't eat cheese puffs.

Also, something happened between rice and I when I was little, and I've just now begun getting over my hate of it. I can now eat sticky rice, and little bits of rice if they're in things.

It's peppermint for me. I had an ill-conceived night of peppermint schnapps when I was ~19 and still can't stand anything peppermint.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

It's peppermint for me. I had an ill-conceived night of peppermint schnapps when I was ~19 and still can't stand anything peppermint.

It took me YEARS to get over throwing up French toast up once as a kid - because I came down with a bug, not actually from the French toast - but I still won't eat it unless I'm the one who made it.

I did get food poisoning from pesto at a restaurant once (rancid pine nuts - yum!), but that hasn't stopped me from eating that. I guess I was far more impressionable in my youth. Ha!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

It took me YEARS to get over throwing up French toast up once as a kid - because I came down with a bug, not actually from the French toast - but I still won't eat it unless I'm the one who made it.

I did get food poisoning from pesto at a restaurant once (rancid pine nuts - yum!), but that hasn't stopped me from eating that. I guess I was far more impressionable in my youth. Ha!

Ha! I once got sick the day after eating a crap ton of pink sugar cookies at my aunt's house. The cookies were the night before the first day of school. The bus driver was so proud because she had a brand new school bus that year; I christened it... pink everywhere.

I couldn't eat sugar cookies for a while, but I got over it.