CHALLENGE FOR MARCH 2015 -- SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING

Options

Replies

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Me: 16 LNS: 2
    I am feeling very determined (which is rare) but I am going to stick with this. I am so tired of not being able to fit into my work pants..... I am reminding myself that it is only food and it will be there in the morning.
    Great attitude!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Just seeing this challenge, but late night snacking is something I really struggle with. I'm in...even if it's a little late!

It's never too late. Welcome :)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    50452 wrote: »
    Uhhg. I blew it last night.

Me: 8
    LNS: 2

Back to day 1 of 30 days straight with no LNS.
    One day at a time.
    50452 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Me: 10
    LNS: 3

3/30 days to go.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Me 16 :smile:
    LNS 2

• JustineElizabeth
    JustineElizabeth Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Me: 9* LNS: 9 - not been a good month but determined to do better.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Not trying to rain on anyone's "no late night snacking" parade, but you can always allow for late night snacking by prelogging your day or adjusting your eating times. I love to eat before bed....so I make it happen! And I lose weight doing it :)
  • JustineElizabeth
    Options
    @mz_getskinny - good for you! My late night snacking usually takes me well beyond my calorie allowance and is compulsive behaviour that I am trying to cease. This group helps me stay accountable to myself and is thus helpful and relevant. (Thanks for your input though.)
  • MonicaSmith98
    MonicaSmith98 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Agreed. My late night snacking takes me well beyond my calorie limit. I start out thinking I will have a small snack and I always end up overeating.
    Me: 17 LNS: 2
    Options
    Me: 11

4/30 days to go.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Me 17
    LNS 2
  • JustineElizabeth
    Options
    Me:10* LNS: 9
    Options
    @mz_getskinny - good for you! My late night snacking usually takes me well beyond my calorie allowance and is compulsive behaviour that I am trying to cease. This group helps me stay accountable to myself and is thus helpful and relevant. (Thanks for your input though.)

:)
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I definitely wasn't trying to come across as a know it all! Just wanted to share that eating late doesn't have to be a problem! I've just always been a night time binge eater and it feels great to finally have control of it :)

Good luck everyone!!!
    Options
    @mz_getskinny,

I don't think anyone took it that way. I know for me and for many people here, nighttime eating is a trigger. I cannot eat anything without eating everything. And carrot sticks don't do it for me at night. Or apples. Or anything reasonable. I haven't found a way to have control over it, yet, like you have.

So my reason for cutting it out is to change my habits. I'm hoping that later, probably much later, I will be able to have a reasonable snack at night without it turning into a binge.

:)
    Options
    Me: 12

5/30 days to go.

Last night was hard. I finally just had to go to bed and leave messy kitchen. :D
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm a night eater. I have to save 400 to 500 calories. I've posted this before but I think my body is telling me to eat like an Italian. but that's really hard...
    Options
    Me: 13

6/30 days to go.
  • MonicaSmith98
    MonicaSmith98 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ME: 19

Last night LNS won but it was controlled (1/4 cup of roasted unsalted almonds). I am noticing a pattern. LNS is more difficult for me to control on the weekends. I think it has something to do with not having the same structure as my work week. Feeling determined to change my habits.....
    Options
    @MonicaSmith98 That's excellent. Identifying the pattern is the first step.