7 foods I am cutting out.

Options

Replies

• HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Narwhal, Sasquatch, Panda, and Orangutan. Keeping the Unicorn, but only in moderate amounts.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    I have been using PB2 instead of regular peanut butter and I like it more than the normal fat fused peanut butter.

I'm addicted to Choc A Nut. It's like a Nutella and peanut butter fusion. Hits my sweet and savoury right in the baby maker >:)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I haven't really elliminated the foods...I have found other healthy alternatives like instead of soda fizzy water inhanced drinks, and instead of regular pasta is whole wheat pasta, instead of white bread is DAVES BREAD. Its all about the choices :-)

And finding what works for ya. Dave's is awesome, btw.

You said it.....maybe because Dave is really quite a radical kind of guy.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have been using PB2 instead of regular peanut butter and I like it more than the normal fat fused peanut butter.

Looking at your diary you may actually want to find a way to get more fats in. Like nuts and avocados. Fats are important to many metabolic processes in the body. Monounsaturated fats aren't bad for you, they can be helpful.
  • Annr
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    I don't keep Pringles or Oreos in my house because I know my self-control goes out the window with those more often than not. If I buy Pringles, I'll most likely eat at least half the tube in one sitting. Oreos I can down easily also.

Otherwise....pretty much nada. Been switching to "healthier" options but not cutting out much as a whole.

~Lyssa

I have a 16 yr old and he has double stuff Oreos, and jumbo marshmellows in the kitchen right now! I have an area in the kitchen that is just my stuff and I fix my stuff from there. I play chef and cook for husband and son though.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Good luck. And ignore the weird comments about eliminating dirty, moldy food, and vegetables.

Right. Ignore anything that might be silly or fun. Because we have to 100% serious 100% of the time.
    Not what I said. Not even close.

I like moldy food, especially when I know I need an antibiotic. It's free. >:)
  • Annr
    Options
    Yep right now its pretty much olive oil.... buying some walnuts to have as snacks and to add to salads etc.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Daily sugary sodas (I still have one every other week or so as a treat). That's it--I consume everything else occasionally as they fit into my goals.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Oregonian still has the floor...hahaha...Was curious. I am deleting 7 foods from my intake. They are; soda, trans fats, regular pasta, fried foods, high fat dairy, white flour and added white sugar. How about everyone else....what have you decided to elliminate?

Funny, I just switched to higher fat dairy to get more fat in my diet to help with satiety. I feel so much better.

I gave up gluten 18 years ago when I was diagnosed when celiac disease. I gave up beets because they taste like dirt. I gave up meat because I don't like the texture and it does funny things to my insides. I gave up quinoa because I can never cook it right. I did none of those things to lose weight, though.

• Annr
    Options
    Oregonian still has the floor...hahaha...Was curious. I am deleting 7 foods from my intake. They are; soda, trans fats, regular pasta, fried foods, high fat dairy, white flour and added white sugar. How about everyone else....what have you decided to elliminate?

Funny, I just switched to higher fat dairy to get more fat in my diet to help with satiety. I feel so much better.

I gave up gluten 18 years ago when I was diagnosed when celiac disease. I gave up beets because they taste like dirt. I gave up meat because I don't like the texture and it does funny things to my insides. I gave up quinoa because I can never cook it right. I did none of those things to lose weight, though.

That just goes to show you, just how unique the human body is right? I think the important thing here, and what I am reading...is that you do what feels right to you. You are in the drivers seat of your own food choices...and isn't it nice to have choices! :-)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

I've decided to eliminate anything that doesn't taste good... like things that are not fried, things that don't have sugar, and things that don't have fat.
  • Annr
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Good luck. And ignore the weird comments about eliminating dirty, moldy food, and vegetables.

Right. Ignore anything that might be silly or fun. Because we have to 100% serious 100% of the time.
    Not what I said. Not even close.

I like moldy food, especially when I know I need an antibiotic. It's free. >:)

Interesting....um you sound like a person that is living off the grid or something.. just kidding :-D
  • tturley
    tturley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've completely eliminated carbs, fat and protein. Other than that I don't believe in depriving myself.
  • Annr
    Options

I've decided to eliminate anything that doesn't taste good... like things that are not fried, things that don't have sugar, and things that don't have fat.

Good luck to us! Actually fried foods just SOUND unappealing to me right now. I would rather oven bake them and saute' sounds just as good.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

That just goes to show you, just how unique the human body is right? I think the important thing here, and what I am reading...is that you do what feels right to you. You are in the drivers seat of your own food choices...and isn't it nice to have choices! :-)

Yes it is! But seriously, don't cut fats too drastically. At least keep the advice you've been given in the back of your mind.

There may come a point, as your weight loss progresses, where you start to feel a sort of gnawing lack of satisfaction. Not necessarily hunger, but a feeling of not really being quite sure of what's wrong.

I was quite happy with my fat intake when I first started losing weight, and I'm your age and my fat intake was similar to yours. It wasn't until I hit around the 20 pounds lost mark that it happened. Fortunately, hanging around the forums gave me a clue and I made adjustments to my food choices. I am so glad I did. I'm still eating the same calories, I just swapped some carb calories for fat.

That gnawing feeling is gone.

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yum I love beets. I just roasted some today. All i put on them is a little salt. I don't like the canned kind much though because they sweeten them :s

I did give up soda. I've never been a regular soda drinker because I don't like how the sugar coats my mouth. It's not refreshing at all. I was a diet soda junkie but it causes bad bloating for me which is probably the sweeteners, so that's been easy to give up.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Looking at your diary you may actually want to find a way to get more fats in. Like nuts and avocados. Fats are important to many metabolic processes in the body. Monounsaturated fats aren't bad for you, they can be helpful.

Yep. And avocado AND nut butters would be a good source.
  • Annr
    Options

Yes it is! But seriously, don't cut fats too drastically. At least keep the advice you've been given in the back of your mind.

There may come a point, as your weight loss progresses, where you start to feel a sort of gnawing lack of satisfaction. Not necessarily hunger, but a feeling of not really being quite sure of what's wrong.

I was quite happy with my fat intake when I first started losing weight, and I'm your age and my fat intake was similar to yours. It wasn't until I hit around the 20 pounds lost mark that it happened. Fortunately, hanging around the forums gave me a clue and I made adjustments to my food choices. I am so glad I did. I'm still eating the same calories, I just swapped some carb calories for fat.

That gnawing feeling is gone.
    Good Advice! I am using a hunger scale to keep tabs on myself and so I don't get down to ...."so hungry I can eat my children" mode....and also not to eat until I am so full its uncomfortable. Its all about paying attention.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Brussels Sprouts (or as I call them, "The Devil's Balls"). Because I hate them.

This, plus asparagus.

I'll take your brussel sprouts and asparagus and give up quinoa which tastes like dirt
  • Annr
    Options
    Yum I love beets. I just roasted some today. All i put on them is a little salt. I don't like the canned kind much though because they sweeten them :s

I did give up soda. I've never been a regular soda drinker because I don't like how the sugar coats my mouth. It's not refreshing at all. I was a diet soda junkie but it causes bad bloating for me which is probably the sweeteners, so that's been easy to give up.

I have learned alot about what really quenches my thirst. Some people say to not drink ice cold water...but to me it feels really good...I just cant really eat while I am drinking. It messes up my digestion a bit.