You know you're an MFPer when....

Replies

• Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    when you cook a new recipe from scratch and then sit down with about 10 packages/containers around you and your computer to "enter a new recipe" .... then you meticulously divide said recipe into your portion sizes before eating
    lol...I do that all the time...
    I ask my son for his laptop and he automatically tells me "oh mom, u going to put your recipe information in MFP, let me log you in" he has it in his favorites list just for me...
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    You google a restaurant's nutrition facts DAYS before you go. :D

For example, I'm going to Benihana tuesday, and I'm already stressing about what I can afford to eat.

Also, when you say you can't afford to eat something, you mean CALORIES, not money. :D

Guilty..! :blushing:
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    When you start wishing there was a chat feature on MFP because you're on it more than you are FB!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    ....When your co-workers think you're a nice guy (or girl) because you brought in treats for everyone... but in reality, you needed to get that crap out of your pantry because it was wreaking havoc on your log totals.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Today i totally stuffed an empty protein bar wrapper in my pocket so i could add it to my food log when I got home...

my phone app wouldn't save it
    i've done that!!!.lol..
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    When you check your MFP home page more than your facebook account ;)

High Five...:happy:
    totally!!!!
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    when i keep nutritional guides in my purse (for starbucks, smoothie places, fast food places..etc) so i can figure out a hralthy option before ordering:)
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    I am sooooo glad i found this thread!!!! :happy:
    I'm glad i'm not the only one looking at menus and calculating calories! Plus, this has become my new facebook!!!!!
    Keep on those healthy journeys people, you're all doing brilliantly !!
    :drinker:

Rich
  • kristidann
    kristidann Posts: 42
    LOVE IT! Great idea by the way!
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    ....When your co-workers think you're a nice guy (or girl) because you brought in treats for everyone... but in reality, you needed to get that crap out of your pantry because it was wreaking havoc on your log totals.

OMG yes! Or, you have that friend who can eat everything he/she wants and never gain a single pound and they just mutter the words "I'm hungry." and your like "Oh, I have snacks you can have. 3rd cabinet on the left. Everything on the middle shelf is for grabs!" (Then you secretly glare at them envious that they can sit there and consume exactly 1,365 calories of crap. And you know you probably calculated those cals correctly.)
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member

OMG yes! Or, you have that friend who can eat everything he/she wants and never gain a single pound and they just mutter the words "I'm hungry." and your like "Oh, I have snacks you can have. 3rd cabinet on the left. Everything on the middle shelf is for grabs!" (Then you secretly glare at them envious that they can sit there and consume exactly 1,365 calories of crap. And you know you probably calculated those cals correctly.)

Yes Ma'am! I have a small crap area on one of my shelves just for guests... otherwise I'd only be able to offer up my precious supplements and cardboard flavored snacks. But I'm a little selfish with my snacks and hate sharing them
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member

Yes Ma'am! I have a small crap area on one of my shelves just for guests... otherwise I'd only be able to offer up my precious supplements and cardboard flavored snacks. But I'm a little selfish with my snacks and hate sharing them

haha me too...one of my new staples that cures my sweet tooth are the fiber one oats and caramel or oats and strawberries. I will tell everyone "You're welcome to whatever, but I'll shank you for my fiber bars." (and my string cheese...that is instant death)
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Great Posts! I loved reading everyone's responses!
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    I totally need to get a smart phone, just so I can use the MFP app. I feel so left out....sniff...sniff....:tongue:
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    When you check your MFP home page more than your facebook account ;)

This is so true! I already every look at FB anymore, I am too busy logging on to MFP.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    ... You have to get a back-up battery for your iPhone
    ... You judge how good a real friend is by how tolerant they are of your calorie counting
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    your 6 yr old child asks you "how many grams does that weigh?" and "how many calories did you burn today, Mommy?"
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    I have another one.

when you're pissed that your dad mowed the entire lawn without you because you could have used the exercise calories.
  • tropicalicyicy
    tropicalicyicy Posts: 83 Member

haha!!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    when you are on it ALLLLLLLLLLLLL day EVERYDAY!!!!

When your TWO year old is familiar with the site and says "u on fitness pal"

Everyone you know runs from you because you are going to talk about MFP....
This discussion has been closed.