Pet Peeves @ Gym l v

Options

Replies

• WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    When the gym supervisor for the cardio room brings in their dinner (usually McDonald's)

YOURE MAKING ME HUNGRYYYY
    Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

Gross. Who eats crap like that if they are at or going to the gym. Ew.

People who have figured out exactly how they can fit a Double Down into their day? Or cardio bunnies willing to sweat 600 calories out?

That stuff is gross and I don't think it's even real food. I don't see how those fatty maybe not even foods could help you do a double down or sweat out 600 calories? Not to mention, have you see what it does almost immediately to your blood, so gross.

I just got back from my cardiologist, I have no longer heart issues and the doctor said I have blood pressure of a teenager!!!.....and that's eating fast food, cookies, ice cream but also lean meats, fruits, veggies, etc.....just all in moderation!!! ;)

Well that is wonderful news, it's always nice to get positive health updates.
  • WitchofWashington
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    When the gym supervisor for the cardio room brings in their dinner (usually McDonald's)

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

People who have figured out exactly how they can fit a Double Down into their day? Or cardio bunnies willing to sweat 600 calories out?

That stuff is gross and I don't think it's even real food. I don't see how those fatty maybe not even foods could help you do a double down or sweat out 600 calories? Not to mention, have you see what it does almost immediately to your blood, so gross.

What does it do to our blood? And I've never had a double down

Hight fat food straight to your bloodstream
    Sorry but that is no way a reputable source.

Got any that isn't a blog?

Also, that video doesn't even support your argument. Sorry.

...There is a second video, which was the one I was looking for, which the doctor talks about this yellowy liquid coming from his veins before getting his blood. Turned out he had just eaten a high fat lunch at the local fast food place.....

Sorry, but this is the most idiotic post in this thread. Not even close.

The only thing in your veins is blood. It is pretty much evenly mixed throughout your body. There is no chance that when drawing blood you would get a "yellowy liquid" from your vein. Zero chance. You will get blood. It isn't like looking at the dipstick in a car where you can stick a needle in your vein and pull it out to see how far up on the needle the "yellowy liquid" goes.

http://bmedia.fooducate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Buttery-Blood.jpg

Tell me, are you a phlebotomist?

Oh, and PS, blood is not all that is in your veins, there is plac and arteries clogged by garbage diets.

so you are saying that one 600 calorie meal from KFC is a "garbage diet"....or are you making a general statement based on assumptions that no one knows?

Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

...There is a second video, which was the one I was looking for, which the doctor talks about this yellowy liquid coming from his veins before getting his blood. Turned out he had just eaten a high fat lunch at the local fast food place.....

The only thing in your veins is blood. It is pretty much evenly mixed throughout your body. There is no chance that when drawing blood you would get a "yellowy liquid" from your vein. Zero chance. You will get blood. It isn't like looking at the dipstick in a car where you can stick a needle in your vein and pull it out to see how far up on the needle the "yellowy liquid" goes.

Oh, and PS, blood is not all that is in your veins, there is plac and arteries clogged by garbage diets.

Clogged arteries don't come from moderate intake of high fat foods in a balanced diet. They come from a steady stream of excessive intake, beyond what the body can process, over a long period of time.

Also, the extra fats found in the blood after a high fat meal aren't just hanging out in there because they have nothing else to do but poison your system or clog your arteries. Those fatty acids are in your blood because the blood is the transport system to take those fatty acids to the places (cells) they need to go in order to be utilized by the body, whether that be to the mitochondria or to various glands which utilize the fats and cholesterol for healthy hormone production.
    If the blood samples didn't indicate increased fatty acid levels after a high fat meal, THAT would be a problem. Seeing that the blood is transporting the fatty acids in a proper manner is a good thing.

If you want to check blood samples for cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. you need to take the sample fasted to get more accurate counts. Then if the triglycerides or cholesterol levels are high, this would indicate a poor diet of excessive saturated fat intake over a long period of time which would need to be remedied by moderating (not eliminating) the intake of saturated fats and balancing the diet.

Long story short, KFC can absolutely be a delicious part of a perfectly healthy, balanced diet and this video is nothing but a hype-laden dramatization.

And back to pet peeves so that the thread is not de-railed any further:
    The things that happen that annoy me are far outweighed by the things I enjoy.

I get a great workout.
    The people are friendly (and yes, the everyday heavy lifters are the most friendly and respectful members from my experience).
    I get encouragement when people notice and comment that I've put in a hard workout.
    I get HUGE encouragement when someone at the gym comments that they can see the progress I've made.
    I'm motivated by seeing what others can do and challenging myself to reach their level of strength and fitness.
  • WitchofWashington
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

Long story short, KFC can absolutely be a delicious part of a perfectly healthy, balanced diet and this video is nothing but a hype-laden dramatization.

I disagree, but that is my opinion, which was originally, ew that stuff is gross in regards to fast food.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

so you are saying that one 600 calorie meal from KFC is a "garbage diet"....or are you making a general statement based on assumptions that no one knows?

Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad.

so the answer is that you are making assumptions based on what you think people are consuming.

thanks for clarifying that.

I love how you assume to know what the overall diet of every fast food eater is. That is a neat trick, and you will have to teach me how to do it someday.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    abarriere wrote: »
    Now that I am at the gym all the time, my biggest peeves are....

1. At 5 AM, People slamming their big weights on the ground when they are through, making a really loud bang. I am inevitably always trying to do something on one foot at the time and it throws off my balance!
    2. People not wearing proper workout attire, ie treadmill in jeans and sandles. My gym has dress code, but I see it on occasion.
    3. General body odor from BO, cologne, smoking, etc.

Dropping weights bothers you? Well, you could go to Planet Fitness. They don't let you do that there.

Why should what anyone else wears bother you?

• ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    abarriere wrote: »
    Now that I am at the gym all the time, my biggest peeves are....

1. At 5 AM, People slamming their big weights on the ground when they are through, making a really loud bang. I am inevitably always trying to do something on one foot at the time and it throws off my balance!
    2. People not wearing proper workout attire, ie treadmill in jeans and sandles. My gym has dress code, but I see it on occasion.
    3. General body odor from BO, cologne, smoking, etc.

Why are you worried about what another person wears? I've seen people wear jeans and sweaters and dress shirts working out....doesn't bother me as I don't care, it's their problem. Think about it...if it ain't your body, why do you care if they don't wear the proper workout outfits??? Worry about yourself.
  • WitchofWashington
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I would go back and address the question where you told me to tell you how the video doesn't support your stance but the truth is, you should be able to see that for yourself. It's obvious.

Next thing, I'm not going to put more effort into trying to debate science while you continue to throw out random opinions. You can provide actual evidence to support what you claim if you'd like.

You are also making blanket statements about people overall diets which you don't really have information on them to do that. It's just making assumptions.

So, you expected me to answer your questions, and I have, but you'll ignore mine because I am honestly trying to understand your side.

Random opinions? Please tell me, what was random, seemed all pretty related to me.

I'm not making any blankets statements about anyone's diet. I repeatedly said I THINK this food is gross. I don't THINK it's even food. Excuse me for having to go to bed last night and not find you the perfect video that is going to back up each and every one of my points perfectly, so you wouldn't have to have this conversation with me.
  • WitchofWashington
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

so the answer is that you are making assumptions based on what you think people are consuming.

I love how you assume to know what the overall diet of every fast food eater is. That is a neat trick, and you will have to teach me how to do it someday.

Nope, wrong yet again. There are key words that you seem to love to ignore, words like MOST, and the line where I said there were exceptions to this. So, you can keep trying to put words in my mouth, but if you look at the screen you would see these things, it seems like you have ADD.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I just got back from my cardiologist, I have no longer heart issues and the doctor said I have blood pressure of a teenager!!!.....and that's eating fast food, cookies, ice cream but also lean meats, fruits, veggies, etc.....just all in moderation!!! ;)

It just proved what you said was wrong.
  • WitchofWashington
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I would go back and address the question where you told me to tell you how the video doesn't support your stance but the truth is, you should be able to see that for yourself. It's obvious.

Next thing, I'm not going to put more effort into trying to debate science while you continue to throw out random opinions. You can provide actual evidence to support what you claim if you'd like.

You are also making blanket statements about people overall diets which you don't really have information on them to do that. It's just making assumptions.

So, you expected me to answer your questions, and I have, but you'll ignore mine because I am honestly trying to understand your side.

Random opinions? Please tell me, what was random, seemed all pretty related to me.

I'm not making any blankets statements about anyone's diet. I repeatedly said I THINK this food is gross. I don't THINK it's even food. Excuse me for having to go to bed last night and not find you the perfect video that is going to back up each and every one of my points perfectly, so you wouldn't have to have this conversation with me.

You asked me to tell you how your video doesn't relate? Really? Okay here is a quick one. One were preaching about high fat food being terrible, how saturated fat is terrible for you and to never eat it and so on but then your video said it was okay to eat saturated fat and it's okay to eat a burger. That's right there is pretty self explanatory on how it didn't support your statements.

Also, it's pretty evident that you posted that link but never watched the video yourself.

No, I've watched, guess I'll go watch it again.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

Nope, wrong yet again. There are key words that you seem to love to ignore, words like MOST, and the line where I said there were exceptions to this. So, you can keep trying to put words in my mouth, but if you look at the screen you would see these things, it seems like you have ADD.

yea, it is pretty clear that you made a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food and then tired to extrapolate that to this thread where someone ate one meal from KFC. Unless, you have intimate knowledge of the diet of the instructor that the person is referring to...??

and just because you used the qualifier "most" does not negate that you are making assumptions...

• MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    nope!!!
  • WitchofWashington
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

You asked me to tell you how your video doesn't relate? Really? Okay here is a quick one. One were preaching about high fat food being terrible, how saturated fat is terrible for you and to never eat it and so on but then your video said it was okay to eat saturated fat and it's okay to eat a burger. That's right there is pretty self explanatory on how it didn't support your statements.

Also, it's pretty evident that you posted that link but never watched the video yourself.

Oh wow. Now I see what is going on. Well here you go. I wasn't preaching, as a matter of fact I called the food gross and was going to leave it at that, but apparently some people just love to talk to me. The video ended with recommendations of products that have fats that you need.

If you're still confused, I have some notes I took on the video this time, about how the testing affected the rats.

"Reminder: not all fats are created equally. Fat is an essential part of our diet. You just need to choose the healthy type that is commonly founds in nuts and seeds, avocados, and fish."
  • WitchofWashington
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

It just proved what you said was wrong.

No it didn't. If you, and the others, read my post appropriately, you would know that.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

*raises hand*
    Phlebotomist here.
    I've never in my life seen "yellowy liquid" come out of a patient's vein, nor have I ever heard of this happening.
    Because it's not science.

There are regularly lipids in your blood because nutrients are transported through your blood, but as long as your heart is pumping, it's homogeneous. Put it in a tube without a coagulant, yes, the serum separates, but that =/= fat from your hamburger.

• lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    you would definitely cringe watching me, I always hold on. It might be because I have a balance problem and need to.

This is the same thing with people who get upset at others who don't 'run' or walk down escalators. You have no idea what's someone's circumstances are. I might 'look' fine, but that's not the case. I hold on so I don't wobble and then bust my face when I fall off the machine. It's pretty funny and ridiculous to know someone is 'cringing' watching me working out.
  • WitchofWashington
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

yea, it is pretty clear that you made a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food and then tired to extrapolate that to this thread where someone ate one meal from KFC. Unless, you have intimate knowledge of the diet of the instructor that the person is referring to...??

and just because you used the qualifier "most" does not negate that you are making assumptions...

I'm not making a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food! I was passing judgement on the FOOD ITSELF, I don't care what people eat, all I did was say that the food that was listed is gross to me. The rest of the conversation is mostly people being jerks just to be, trolling me, and/or bullying me. I answer your questions to the best of my ability, try to provide resources, and yet y'all say I'm wrong and say I'm doing all these things, etc. Get off it, I'm words on a screen, and you can put intent, malice, and whatever you want in there, but it doesn't make it true.