Busy mom's fun at home fitness!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,746 Member
    Options
    Day 11 of my 10,000 step daily challenge. Feel free to join me!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to get on the site because I was traveling for work. Trying to get some activity in so I had no extra time to get on the computer. I usually am okay with breakfast and lunch but dinner could be my overeating downfall when away. I sometimes have an appetizer for dinner with a side salad or broiled or baked fish. Good luck :)
  • jm216
    Options
    I'm glad you're home safe. :) Did you get to go somewhere warm? I'm headed to Philadelphia on Monday night, so it'll be Similar to Michigan weather.

I did 11,450 steps today, mostly from walking my dog, Roxie, for 30 minutes.
  • amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just stumbled upon this thread and am loving it. I'm a working mom of three kids under 5 years old. Just hearing that there are other working moms out there who are finding time for working out keeps me hopeful. Thanks!
  • jm216
    Options
    Hi Amy,

Welcome! :)

Today is trash day, and my dog doesn't like garbage trucks, so it'll be a short walk today...and a tornado tidy in the house. Time to get my kids and hubby up. Let the fun begin!

Happy Friday!
  • jm216
    Options
    y359nu1q635y.jpg

Happy 1st Day of SPRING!
  • brandiablay
    brandiablay Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    New to the thread... Just got back into MyFitnessPal. I'm a SAHM of two girls, 6 & 2! I'm quite familiar with the tornado tidy you speak of :) last year I was really good about working out up until I injured my knee :-/ now I'm up 20lbs and trying to kick my butt in gear. Loving this thread!!
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome Brandi! (*)
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    I was actually North of home - so no not really warmer. Today was an in office training all day. I am so glad I did my walk/run early this morning.
  • jm216
    Options
    Lizzy,
    I agree that it's always good to get a walk in early. :) It starts the day off on the right foot! No pun intended. ;)
  • jm216
    Options
    I hit 10440 steps on my Fitbit today, which makes up for yesterday.
  • charissamcdonald07
    charissamcdonald07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Charissa.mcdonald07@gmail.com add me let's do some challenges ☺
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome Charissa!
    :)
  • jm216
    Options
    From walking around in Detroit and Philadelphia's airports, I got in 10,900 steps. Yes!!!

The fitness room and the pool look inviting for tomorrow's workout. I miss my family, though!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Kingston, NY Rail Trail was a great walk this morning although a bit chilly. I know I have a few Rail Trails closer to my house. I really have to try them.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I got in an hour on the treadmill and 30 min yoga and I've already reached my 10,000 steps!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Nice work Cookie :)
  • jm216
    Options
    Good job Lizzy and Cookie!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    This is a fun thread. I'm a SAHM of 5 - 2,5,7,8 and 11. I try to get exercise into my day by making sure I tackle those tougher cleaning jobs that so easily get forgotten when theres so much to keep tidy on the surface. Cleaning the oven takes a lot of elbow grease! I also lunge around the house rather than lounge around the house lol, do squats when I take a bathroom break, push ups and dips on the edge of the bath and sometimes sit ups in the bath :)
  • jm216
    Options
    Love it, Boogage! We get our fitness in where we are...whenever we can! Join the party! :D