Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,219 Member
    Options
    fudge8181 wrote: »
    Progress update... 3lbs down in 2 weeks.. only 0.6 lbs to go to reaching my March Goal.. really hope I can pull it off this week.

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is wonderful!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »

Yesterday was "bummer scale" morning, but today was what I expected. I have officially arrived at my next "decade" and have lost 30 pounds. :) I have a super reward I am really excited about. ;)

CONGRATS on 30 lbs lost! That is quite an accomplishment!!
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Finally lost another pound! I'm within 2 pounds of a 90-pound loss!

Wow!! CONGRATS!!!! All of your hard work, and you are seeing the results! So proud of all you guys! You are all my inspiration!

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today (Tuesday March 24)
    1. Take breakfast and lunch and snack with me to work. :smile:
    2. Walk at least a 1/2 hour - decided to rest tonight
    3. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:

Just for today (Wednesday March 25)
    1. Stick to my planned food
    2. Spend time with God
    3. Exercise 1 hour
    4. Do something fun with kids

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »

1. Walk at least 10000 steps today. :D So I did end up walking around the house during commercials last night, but I did get my steps in.
    2. Log everything I eat :)
    3. Make healthy meals and pack food to take to work tomorrow :) Made tuna salad and egg salad and hard boiled eggs and cabbage salad and other healthy options to stock the refrigerator. And my lunch is packed :D
    4. Be positive for my husband as he goes out for job interviews today and tomorrow. :) Yesterday's looked good and I know he is hoping today goes as well or better

[/quote/]

Just for Today I will

1. Log everything I eat. I already have this started for the food I've packed
    2. Stay Away from the jellybeans
    3. Take what few minutes I have to get up and walk
    4. Look for happiness in the little things. It's there if I pay attention.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    It's good to see you back Joan. I know you had a less than perfect day, but it was only one this time. That is a step in the right direction. Getting back the on track today will be the next step. Keep on fighting!

And Thank you again for starting this thread. This is a great group of people who are willing to stay positive and help each other out when we slip. And hey, we all are going to slip up at some point. Remembering to get back up and try again is what will make us successful.
  • Katherine52459
    Katherine52459 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread! What a great idea!
    Just for today I will:
    -write down everything I eat
    -not focus on the weight I still need to lose but focus on how far I've come
    -walk for at least two miles
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I totally missed posting on here Sunday, yesterday, and today!! And - I missed you guys! You are all doing so great. I was doing so good on Sunday and most of yesterday. Just have been so busy and stressed with not only work (I work out of my home, which makes the day never ends sometimes), but also we are clearing out honeysuckle that has taken over the woods in our backyard. So Sunday I did great good-wise. Yesterday, not so bad, but today -- awful! I know I am a stress eater --- something I really have to concentrate and work harder on. But tomorrow morning I will be back on here, posting my goals for today. It really has helped me to keep going. And -- you guys are all so wonderful, and all doing so great!! I love reading all the achievements and goals being set!

Joan, I'm so grateful that you started this post & do check in. As for the honeysuckle- I lived in WV & we had one that worked it's way right into the attic!! You're probably getting a great work out while clearing it out
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Today I will:
    Add running to my walk.
    Keep tracking.
    Stick to not drinking caffeine
  • chas0925
    chas0925 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just for today……
    1) I will conquer my chocolate cravings!
    2) I will make my 10k step goal
    3) I will log everything I eat
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 1) 10K steps 2) record my food and 3) eat my vegetables first at lunch and dinner and then not eating the rest of my food if I'm not hungry
  • trsttg
    trsttg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Today I will stay within my calorie limit and do some form of exercise for at least 30 minutes.
  • suzafit
    suzafit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. Just found this group. This sounds like the right focus for me. Just for today I will:
    1) Clean out the fridge - throw away bad stuff, cut up carrots & celery, boil 6 eggs, make shopping list
    2) Record everything I eat
    3) Fast walk 30 minutes
  • mytime6630
    Options
    After 2 days of not logging, not drinking water, eating mindlessly.......

Just for today
    1. Log EVERY BITE I eat
    2. Concentrate on drinking water
    3. min 30 minutes on ellipitical if it is raining -- if not, get outside for a 60 minute walk.

• Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree Joan, it really helps to keep going and coming in here everyday! Glad you got your backyard taken care of and glad you are back. Got my 4.5 miles in yesterday afternoon. My goals for today are:
    1) Get another walk in this afternoon
    2) Drink 6-8 glasses of water
    3) Stay at or under my 1200 cals
    4) Get some me time and crochet some.

Everyone have a great day and keep on coming back and posting those goals.
  • LisaT678
    LisaT678 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goals for today are:
    1. Drink ALL my water
    2. Eat NO simple carbs
    3. Go for a 30 min walk at the minimum tonight
    4. Eat at least 80g of protein

Everyone have a GREAT hump day!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Just for Today 3/25

1. log every bite
    2. get in 40 mins cardio
    3. do 5 mins meditation

I too have been on a downward spiral, so trying to pull myself up. Yesterday I was supposed to go to the gym for strength training, but my daughter hit me up right at dinner to help her with the costumes she's making for her big convention in a couple weeks. I thought I could easily install a zipper and head to the gym. No such luck; so many complications including hot glue. *shakes head* Also, I worked from home yesterday and got all motivated to try jogging again. Not a very smart move. My foot was not ready :( Oh well...as long as I keep trying I haven't lost, right?
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Happy I found this thread! I'm Ginger in Texas. Starting in 2013 - I quit smoking after 34 years. I lost from 302 to 245 and was getting 10-15000 steps daily and doing well with my low carb diet. I've been working my way back from a knee injury last August. Knee scope surgery in November. My knee is good now. But I gained back to 270. I'm back to walking daily. I'm drinking my water. I'm struggling with my diet. So just for today:
    1. I'll track every bite.
    2. I'll have only healthy snacks
    3. I'll get my 10000 steps before 6pm.
    4. I'll get to bed before midnight.
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Why is is SO easy to get off track --- easter bunny peeps calling my name and they are winning :\
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Rae - you are sure not alone. I can do just great for 3-4 days, then have a day where I am totally off again. So discouraging. I think I keep losing the same 3 lbs over and over again. But --- as long as we keep trying, we will win!