Replies

• reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am interested in joining. 50! :)
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    "For the Sweet craving, there are slow-carb fruits: cherries, plums, grapefruit, apples, grapes, oranges -- some have a bunch of calories for their "filling factor", but they can help to address your sweet-tooth and keep it tamed for a while."

For some reason, most fruits, especially apples, make me hungrier shortly after I eat them. I still eat them, but need to be ready for another snack or meal shortly after. Is this unusual?!
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mick1127 wrote: »
    Mick, I love grapes! I even freeze them
    I've never frozen grapes. In my house, they don't have a life expectancy long enough to warrant freezing. BTW, aren't the little buggers difficult to chew when frozen? lol!

Yep , but I woller them around first :) makes them last longer. Lol
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    reneewill wrote: »
    I am interested in joining. 50! :)

WELCOME :)
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    "For the Sweet craving, there are slow-carb fruits: cherries, plums, grapefruit, apples, grapes, oranges -- some have a bunch of calories for their "filling factor", but they can help to address your sweet-tooth and keep it tamed for a while."

For some reason, most fruits, especially apples, make me hungrier shortly after I eat them. I still eat them, but need to be ready for another snack or meal shortly after. Is this unusual?!

I always try to eat some kind of protein, such as nuts, cheese stick, spoon of PB, with fruit. For me, it works as a longer lasting snack
  • mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Yes apples make me hungrier too lol! I thought maybe it was just in my mind but apparently not! :)
  • sylviajackson23
    sylviajackson23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well done 88lb
    annem6806 wrote: »
    Hi all. New here too. I'll be 54 next month. Have lost 88 lbs. thus far, have about 140 to go. I've been really enjoying reading your posts and look forward to making some new friends. "One day at a time" has been my motto since beginning this journey last August and, by the grace of God, it's worked for me. Hope everyone has a great day. Check back later. A*

I always try to eat some kind of protein, such as nuts, cheese stick, spoon of PB, with fruit. For me, it works as a longer lasting snack

• sylviajackson23
    sylviajackson23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sorry don't know whatever happened there
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've always taken that as needing better hydration, but I more often go straight for the protein solution (my body already has enough stored sugary/energy/fatty stuff)
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Would someone please post a link to the MFP group or send me an invite? I have been unsuccessful in locating "Fifty plus (or so) support group" in the group listings. Thanks!
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Would someone please post a link to the MFP group or send me an invite? I have been unsuccessful in locating "Fifty plus (or so) support group" in the group listings. Thanks!
    No group out there Happy... Just this run-on thread (as far as I know).

• DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    is this group fairly active?? I'm 52 and try to post everyday
  • beachgal0626
    Options
    HappyTrails -- if it helps, go to the upper right hand corner of your screen and click on the small star, if you haven't already done so. It will "bookmark" this topic and give you updates when something new is posted, so you don't have to search for it each time.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Knocking on the door. Are early joiners allowed?
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    #standenvernet and #beachgal0626 - thanks for the information.

In no way am I trying to overstep or butt-in, but I just created a group called "Fifty Plus (or so) Support Group." If anyone is interested in climbing on board, the group is open to the public. Here is the link:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/104713-fifty-plus-or-so-support-group

It's my understanding that groups allow for easier topical discussions within your particular interest or demographic.

If starting the group is in bad taste or improper etiquette please let me know and I will delete it and start something else. Thanks!
  • beachgal0626
    Options
    I just joined, but I'll "visit" on here, too!
  • LanaBerk
    LanaBerk Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    misselly wrote: »
    So I invite committed mature men or women to link up with me/us. Ups and downs, highs and lows, cries and prayers are all welcome. My goal is to reach a goal. Lets make reasonable expectations for the next 10 weeks. Hope you feel welcome to join.

Difficult to find groups of people over 65...LOL. Glad I found this one.

• butbygrace206
    Options
    is this group fairly active?? I'm 52 and try to post everyday

I'm on here everyday, several times a day :). Come on in ....
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    RunTimer wrote: »
    Knocking on the door. Are early joiners allowed?

Absolutely! The more the merrier :-)
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Okay, I started weights tonight. I'm pretty sure I will have to brush my teeth from waist level tomorrow morning.