Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Think we can keep this thread alive, hilarious, and edgy (but not too offensive so that it doesn't get locked), until Easter Monday?

DUDE. You are not theologically down, here.

I believe we need to keep it alive and walking around for another 40 Days AFTER Easter, at which point the Mods can assume it bodily into Heaven in the presence of its followers.

Of course! What was I thinking!?

It's OK, you're forgiven. I've sacrificed an egg for your sins, and then eaten it.

Well there goes your MMA career...

DAMN IT!

I was holding out for the belt. Oh, well. The middle-aged mom class is pretty competitive I bet. You should see how brutal they can be in the Elementary school drop off line. In THE OCTAGON? I bet there is hair pulling and quite possibly some accusations of tennis double faults and sneers about yoga pants from TJ Maxx. It's a cold, cruel world.

This reminds me of a conversation with my sister in law, who totally has succumbed to the judgy upper middle class ways of her suburban soccer mom counterparts... She was talking about yoga pants, and how expensive they are at Lululemon and Athleta. I said that I just get the Champion stuff from Target and it is fine, and she said, "yeah but then everyone would know that you get yoga pants from Target". Fast forward 3 months, I asked for workout clothes for Christmas. She got me a super cute shirt/pant combo.
    From Target.

I just don't get the expensive yoga pants thing. I mean, it's not like they improve your downward dog! Good mats I get (though a cheap mat will absolutely suffice). I do my yoga at home, but pretty sure I would have no qualms about rocking up to a class in my $8 lycra leggings.

They definitely don't have any magical qualities and as a matter of fact, I usually do my yoga in my underwear. I don't need yoga pants, much less expensive ones. :)

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Think we can keep this thread alive, hilarious, and edgy (but not too offensive so that it doesn't get locked), until Easter Monday?

I believe we need to keep it alive and walking around for another 40 Days AFTER Easter, at which point the Mods can assume it bodily into Heaven in the presence of its followers.

It's OK, you're forgiven. I've sacrificed an egg for your sins, and then eaten it.

DAMN IT!

I was holding out for the belt. Oh, well. The middle-aged mom class is pretty competitive I bet. You should see how brutal they can be in the Elementary school drop off line. In THE OCTAGON? I bet there is hair pulling and quite possibly some accusations of tennis double faults and sneers about yoga pants from TJ Maxx. It's a cold, cruel world.

This reminds me of a conversation with my sister in law, who totally has succumbed to the judgy upper middle class ways of her suburban soccer mom counterparts... She was talking about yoga pants, and how expensive they are at Lululemon and Athleta. I said that I just get the Champion stuff from Target and it is fine, and she said, "yeah but then everyone would know that you get yoga pants from Target". Fast forward 3 months, I asked for workout clothes for Christmas. She got me a super cute shirt/pant combo.
    From Target.

Targets above my pay grade.

I did get myself some new leggings and a workout tank from walmart today, though.

livin the high life, i tell ya.....

LOLOLOLOL

My motto is: Skip the expensive hoity-toity places like Walmart and Target. Just get on over to the Goodwill. The clothes there must be good, since someone else wanted them first.

Thats where i get most of my clothes! LOLOL! though, leggings, underwear, bras, socks and swimwear are things that HAVE to be new.

I mean, I'm not a TOTAL heathen.... LOLOLOL
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I get all my yoga pants at Ross-- they're usually $10-$20 per pair. I'm too cheap to spend more than that on yoga pants, especially since I don't even yoga.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

I just don't get the expensive yoga pants thing. I mean, it's not like they improve your downward dog! Good mats I get (though a cheap mat will absolutely suffice). I do my yoga at home, but pretty sure I would have no qualms about rocking up to a class in my $8 lycra leggings.

But they are not buying expensive yoga pants to do yoga/exercise in. They are buying them to be seen in as they go around town.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

But they are not buying expensive yoga pants to do yoga/exercise in. They are buying them to be seen in as they go around town.

Arguably the most awesome fashion trend in the history of ever.

Scratch that first word.

There's no argument against that.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Which is something I just don't get. Even when I'm off out on my mega walks, I put shorts on over my leggings (which are just there for warmth). Leggings/yoga pants are not trousers.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

DAMN IT!

From Target.

Targets above my pay grade.

I did get myself some new leggings and a workout tank from walmart today, though.

livin the high life, i tell ya.....

LOLOLOLOL

My motto is: Skip the expensive hoity-toity places like Walmart and Target. Just get on over to the Goodwill. The clothes there must be good, since someone else wanted them first.

Thats where i get most of my clothes! LOLOL! though, leggings, underwear, bras, socks and swimwear are things that HAVE to be new.

I mean, I'm not a TOTAL heathen.... LOLOLOL

Our Goodwill is actually amazing (despite the joke I just made). They refuse anything that isn't in great condition or if it's was dropped off and just isn't up to par, they either trash it or I think they move it along to the Salvation Army, maybe? Or some other association, I can't remember. I don't know if I've ever gone into my Goodwill and not found something that pretty much looked as good as new and was in style.

And no, they don't sell underwear, LOL! At least as far as I know. I think that's something that would have made and impression and I just don't remember seeing it. But that's something I'd bite the bullet and go to fashionable Walmart for...no "used" for me...gag.

Lots and lots of books, though...they're a win for that reason alone.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Which is something I just don't get. Even when I'm off out on my mega walks, I put shorts on over my leggings (which are just there for warmth). Leggings/yoga pants are not trousers.

I've heard them referred to as mumble pants....
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    do you mean chocolate or hard boiled?

If hard boiled you could try getting one of those kits that blows the egg out of the shell and make a quiche. If chocolate, well, you could put fewer out. You could also make egg shaped cookies and have fun decorating them and then instead of eating them all at once, freeze them and bring them to work. You could bring the chocolate to work too.

There is nothing wrong with sweets. Chocolate doesn't go bad so if you get it to your office, you can portion out a little bit every day; same with cookies. If these are hard boiled eggs, I see a lot of egg salad in your future.

Hard boiled

I guess I don't understand the problem. Eggs are good for you, and you can keep hard boiled eggs refrigerated up to a week (if you peel them to get rid of the colored shells, just keep them in a bowl of water in the fridge). If you're worried about the kids seeing them since they think the bunny took them, surely you can outsmart them, lol. Make some egg salad for sandwiches or use them in a recipe. You can just explain it away and say you boiled some extra eggs for yourself if they ask.

ETA: I just skimmed through the rest of the thread. Good grief OP you have some serious rage issues. An egg or two a day won't set you back. If you can't fit those into your diet, then it's way too restrictive.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Arguably the most awesome fashion trend in the history of ever.

Scratch that first word.

There's no argument against that.

Well...some yoga pants ARE cute.

2azrqkya0wou.jpg

I love this kind, with the sort of flare at the bottom.

Which makes it doubly weird that I don't own any! I think there's just too much of a soccer mom, or else "trendy" (as people above have stated), association. But that cut just gives a really awesome shape to the legs, IMO.

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Keeping it alive!!

Bought A 5 pack of Cadbury eggs today. I'm gonna have one later.

Since it's not a hard boiled egg, I can still become a cage fighter, yeah?
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Keeping it alive!!

That depends. Are they the caramel eggs, or the crème eggs?

Because the crème eggs are ****ing nasty - if you can eat one of those without gagging, you totally have what it takes to be a cage fighter.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Keeping it alive!!

Because the crème eggs are ****ing nasty - if you can eat one of those without gagging, you totally have what it takes to be a cage fighter.

You are dead to me.

Dead. To. Me.

:indifferent:
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Keeping it alive!!

You are dead to me.

Dead. To. Me.

Dead to me as well. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, she never existed.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Keeping it alive!!

You are dead to me.

Dead. To. Me.

Who?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Keeping it alive!!

You are dead to me.

Dead. To. Me.

Who?

I'm not sure. But for some reason, I really want a creme egg.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I bought the Chocolate Creme and the Caramel Eggs for Easter. I can't wait to "wake up" with my Easter Basket full of them.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Keeping it alive!!

You are dead to me.

Dead. To. Me.

Who?

I'm not sure. But for some reason, I really want a creme egg.

:+1:
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    They're the cream kind.

There are no others.

NO others.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Uggghhhh. Here, have a delicious chocolate egg... filled with mucous.

z40e5w5h23wq.gif