Easter

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Whatever you choose to eat just log it. If you are over you calories you can exercise and eat less the next day. Simple.

Didn't read the whole thread, did you?

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Whatever you choose to eat just log it. If you are over you calories you can exercise and eat less the next day. Simple.
    Well you missed a lot.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

:smile: looks like nothing was read from OP.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    This thread needs more bunny gifs.

tumblr_mbcdunckef1qd7wxuo1_500-gif.gif
  • KylaDenay
    edited March 2015
    Options
    62b63pi8nd97.gif
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    See bunnies like carrots anyway....not eggs
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options

3t5ukn
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    CarnivorousBunny.gif
  • XxNataleighXx
    XxNataleighXx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I'm going to flop harshly! Please feel free to add me for motivation and support!! Xx
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Think we can keep this thread alive, hilarious, and edgy (but not too offensive so that it doesn't get locked), until Easter Monday?

DUDE. You are not theologically down, here.

I believe we need to keep it alive and walking around for another 40 Days AFTER Easter, at which point the Mods can assume it bodily into Heaven in the presence of its followers.

Of course! What was I thinking!?

It's OK, you're forgiven. I've sacrificed an egg for your sins, and then eaten it.

Well there goes your MMA career...

DAMN IT!

I was holding out for the belt. Oh, well. The middle-aged mom class is pretty competitive I bet. You should see how brutal they can be in the Elementary school drop off line. In THE OCTAGON? I bet there is hair pulling and quite possibly some accusations of tennis double faults and sneers about yoga pants from TJ Maxx. It's a cold, cruel world.

This reminds me of a conversation with my sister in law, who totally has succumbed to the judgy upper middle class ways of her suburban soccer mom counterparts... She was talking about yoga pants, and how expensive they are at Lululemon and Athleta. I said that I just get the Champion stuff from Target and it is fine, and she said, "yeah but then everyone would know that you get yoga pants from Target". Fast forward 3 months, I asked for workout clothes for Christmas. She got me a super cute shirt/pant combo.
    From Target.

Targets above my pay grade.

I did get myself some new leggings and a workout tank from walmart today, though.

livin the high life, i tell ya.....

LOLOLOLOL
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I have to loose 80 lbs very quickly in order to train and be accepted into the mma program I've been workin towards. I have less than a year to do it. I've lost about 60 but have another 80 to go. So no fitting an egg in is a problem. Whatever you guys have at it. I asked for advice and all I get is basically *kitten*. I found someone who helped me with it so ummm peace. The only quacks I have found today are right here. If it weren't for this app being so helpful with keeping track of what I eat I would say *kitten* it and delete this *kitten*. Real *kitten* supports up in here.

...War Machine? Is that you?

daaaaaayyyyyuuuuummmm

Oh, and OP - if you're still here - let me give you a bit of advice.

If some gym/school wants you to lose 80 lb before "accepting" you into their MMA training, they don't know what they're doing. Trust me - if you train anywhere near intensely (which you would, if this place were legit) - you'll drop weight easily. Wanting you to lose 80 lbs (especially if it's very fast) is completely the wrong thing for them to suggest.

Yup, back to QUACK advice.

Seriously, if she's doing MMA training they should be telling her to down a whole bunch of hardboiled eggs every day.

The rapid extreme weight loss makes me wonder if it's more GLOW type of thing. Is that still a thing? Good lord, I'm old.

I wonder if the place has a weight limit and she wants to get in this year, rather than wait for next year. Maybe more her doing than the actual gym?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Think we can keep this thread alive, hilarious, and edgy (but not too offensive so that it doesn't get locked), until Easter Monday?

I believe we need to keep it alive and walking around for another 40 Days AFTER Easter, at which point the Mods can assume it bodily into Heaven in the presence of its followers.

It's OK, you're forgiven. I've sacrificed an egg for your sins, and then eaten it.

DAMN IT!

I was holding out for the belt. Oh, well. The middle-aged mom class is pretty competitive I bet. You should see how brutal they can be in the Elementary school drop off line. In THE OCTAGON? I bet there is hair pulling and quite possibly some accusations of tennis double faults and sneers about yoga pants from TJ Maxx. It's a cold, cruel world.

This reminds me of a conversation with my sister in law, who totally has succumbed to the judgy upper middle class ways of her suburban soccer mom counterparts... She was talking about yoga pants, and how expensive they are at Lululemon and Athleta. I said that I just get the Champion stuff from Target and it is fine, and she said, "yeah but then everyone would know that you get yoga pants from Target". Fast forward 3 months, I asked for workout clothes for Christmas. She got me a super cute shirt/pant combo.
    From Target.
    I have the highly recognizable dansk pants from Walmart. :smile:

And this for some reason reminds me of my boyfriend's friend who insists on always sending me shoes for my birthday or Christmas. I'm not sure how that became a thing, but I hate shoes. If I could go around in flip flops for the rest of my life, I'd be perfectly happy, and she knows this. So I thought I found a happy compromise when I realized I did not own any awesome deadlift socks. But, my boyfriend just talked to her and mentioned that she could get me some, and her response was, well she was going to, but now that he suggested it, she's not going to.

Ugh. Goodwill gets some rather interesting and brand new shoes from me twice a year...
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Wait, wait, wait, how did I not know the Easter bunny is Peter Cottontail?

In fact, upon further research, this is highly confusing.

When I was a child I read the series of books by Thornton Burgess about various animals, one of whom was Peter Cottontail (also Peter Rabbit, not to be confused with Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit, who also was not the Easter Bunny):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Cottontail

But apparently in the 1970s (although I managed not to see it despite being the right generation) there was an Easter special about Peter Cottontail a "young Easter bunny" employed by the "Chief Easter bunny" named, of course, Colonel Wellington B. Bunny. And it gets weirder:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Comes_Peter_Cottontail

I also never realized Here Comes Peter Cottontail was supposed to be an Easter song, but I only know the first line or two.

I seriously have always assumed the Easter bunny was female.

For the record, when I was a child I was firmly convinced that cats and dogs were the same animal, but cats were the female version and dogs the male version. Somehow this seems relevant.

I used to think that about lions and tigers lol

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

DAMN IT!

From Target.

Heh.

This reminds me of how my father's insane sister (who was also a total snob, especially about things she thought of as middlebrow) was really obvious in her gift choices that she thought my mother would love all the middlebrow things she despised, and somehow not notice that she was being given gifts that my aunt spent most of her time sneering at. The funny thing is that my aunt never was observant enough to realize that although my mother does love lots of stuff that I'm sure she'd consider middlebrow, the things that were chosen for her were completely not consistent with her taste.

The weirdest ones (should anyone actually know my mother) were one of the Chicken Soup for the ____ Soul books (which is about the opposite of anything my mother would read) and a video of Riverdance.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options

DAMN IT!

From Target.

Targets above my pay grade.

I did get myself some new leggings and a workout tank from walmart today, though.

livin the high life, i tell ya.....

LOLOLOLOL

My motto is: Skip the expensive hoity-toity places like Walmart and Target. Just get on over to the Goodwill. The clothes there must be good, since someone else wanted them first.

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I have to loose 80 lbs very quickly in order to train and be accepted into the mma program I've been workin towards. I have less than a year to do it. I've lost about 60 but have another 80 to go. So no fitting an egg in is a problem. Whatever you guys have at it. I asked for advice and all I get is basically *kitten*. I found someone who helped me with it so ummm peace. The only quacks I have found today are right here. If it weren't for this app being so helpful with keeping track of what I eat I would say *kitten* it and delete this *kitten*. Real *kitten* supports up in here.

...War Machine? Is that you?

daaaaaayyyyyuuuuummmm

Oh, and OP - if you're still here - let me give you a bit of advice.

If some gym/school wants you to lose 80 lb before "accepting" you into their MMA training, they don't know what they're doing. Trust me - if you train anywhere near intensely (which you would, if this place were legit) - you'll drop weight easily. Wanting you to lose 80 lbs (especially if it's very fast) is completely the wrong thing for them to suggest.

Yup, back to QUACK advice.

Seriously, if she's doing MMA training they should be telling her to down a whole bunch of hardboiled eggs every day.

The rapid extreme weight loss makes me wonder if it's more GLOW type of thing. Is that still a thing? Good lord, I'm old.

I wonder if the place has a weight limit and she wants to get in this year, rather than wait for next year. Maybe more her doing than the actual gym?

I actually live in the same state as she does, albeit at just about the opposite side. I believe the WWE headquarters is down in that area, and so I bet there are lots of wanna be "wrestling entertainment" types down there trying to get a break while convincing people to hire them as trainers.

I can't help but wonder about any training place that would expect someone to drop EIGHTY POUNDS quickly rather than training them in a higher weight class. I wonder if this particular ring is filled with jello or pudding before the ladies get in to do their thing?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Right!
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    hahahaha!!! I love how this is still going on!! Best. Thread. Ever.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

DAMN IT!

From Target.

I just don't get the expensive yoga pants thing. I mean, it's not like they improve your downward dog! Good mats I get (though a cheap mat will absolutely suffice). I do my yoga at home, but pretty sure I would have no qualms about rocking up to a class in my $8 lycra leggings.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot vaguely related pic...

ba807d60aed567e509a37e2ed4808709.jpg