Easter

Options

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    In the meantime, how is everyone's Peep cleanse coming? Racing right along?

Racecar-peeps.jpg

OMG, Peeps AND TWINKIES FTW.

And yes, I realize I'm the only person on earth who likes Peeps.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I'm late to the thread here, but....I'm so confused.

I work out. I train. I eat two hard boiled eggs a day. I boil a whole bunch and they last for a week. Why can't they fit into your diet again? How many eggs are we talking here?

Because she's doing some kinda super restrictive (I'm assuming VLCD) "training" so she can get in an MMA class next year, is what I gather.

So 70 calories (or 17 for just whites) of a high protein, filling nutritious food is totes off limits.

right-okay-gif.gif
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Racecar-peeps.jpg

I am absolutely going to forget I need to be eating sugar-free just for one day--I MUST have one of those delicious-looking treats! :)

(okay, maybe not, but it's tempting)
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Josalinn wrote: »
    do you mean chocolate or hard boiled?

If hard boiled you could try getting one of those kits that blows the egg out of the shell and make a quiche. If chocolate, well, you could put fewer out. You could also make egg shaped cookies and have fun decorating them and then instead of eating them all at once, freeze them and bring them to work. You could bring the chocolate to work too.

There is nothing wrong with sweets. Chocolate doesn't go bad so if you get it to your office, you can portion out a little bit every day; same with cookies. If these are hard boiled eggs, I see a lot of egg salad in your future.

Hard boiled

wait, we are not even talking about candy???????

^^ My thoughts exactly! I eat hard boiled eggs every day! :smiley:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

Racecar-peeps.jpg

OMG, Peeps AND TWINKIES FTW.

And yes, I realize I'm the only person on earth who likes Peeps.

I like them roasted and in s'mores....

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I would have thought hard-boiled eggs would be at the top of the list for foods to eat for competitive training diets. Low calorie with good protein count and all that.

I guess the MMA is full of flabby wusses these days. What a shame.

In other news, don't forget the Easter Bunny poops jelly beans. Your kids are eating poop!!!!

hop-eb-poops-o.gif
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    If I was doing this for my (non existent) kids, I'd tell 'em that the Easter Bunny likes red wine and big fat bacon-cheeseburgers >:)

this^^^

• JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    There's no need to eat them. Serve rabbit stew on Easter and tell the kids the bunny died.

One Easter on our way to church we passed a dead bunny in the road and my father said "There goes Peter Cottontail!" Easter was never the same lol.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My college dining hall served stewed rabbit as one of the options on Easter when I was a freshman. I'm sure it was an intended joke.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    This thread is amazing. Let me just see if I've got this.

The OP asks a vague, random question about eggs at Easter. A few well meaning responders offer suggestions on both the chocolate and hard boiled egg fronts. OP comes back and clarifies that she meant hard boiled eggs. People point out that hard boiled eggs are one of the lowest calorie forms of protein one can eat. People also point out the fallacy of the idea that fictional bunnies would eat hard boiled eggs. OP lashes out saying that she's on a super strict, and here is where I feel like I must have misread something, MMA training plan which restricts even 70 calories of egg protein, maybe just the yolk because I think she said she could eat the whites? She then calls the responders a bunch of names and tells us to go F ourselves, which I find ironic given the original question was about Easter which is a Christian holiday and that doesn't seem in keeping with the spirit of Easter but whatevs... then a bunch more people who didn't read the whole thread are giving chocolate egg suggestions.

Did I get all that right?

That's pretty much it, except that her kids are SMART, damn it, and will check the trash in order to catch her in a lie about a fictional rodent that eats biologically inappropriate food and leaves candy behind to commemorate the Death and Resurrection of a Jewish political prisoner from roughly 2000 years ago.

This. Just This. Thank you for the LOLZ.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat them....unless they're chocolate. One MUST eat all the chocolate! Seriously, eat, log, enjoy your holiday.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You don't have to eat them....unless they're chocolate. One MUST eat all the chocolate! Seriously, eat, log, enjoy your holiday.

yea she meant hard boiled eggs, not chocolate eggs...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    First world problems!! LOL
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

yea she meant hard boiled eggs, not chocolate eggs...
    Well if they aren't chocolate, you're not required to eat them.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    This thread is amazing. Let me just see if I've got this.

The OP asks a vague, random question about eggs at Easter. A few well meaning responders offer suggestions on both the chocolate and hard boiled egg fronts. OP comes back and clarifies that she meant hard boiled eggs. People point out that hard boiled eggs are one of the lowest calorie forms of protein one can eat. People also point out the fallacy of the idea that fictional bunnies would eat hard boiled eggs. OP lashes out saying that she's on a super strict, and here is where I feel like I must have misread something, MMA training plan which restricts even 70 calories of egg protein, maybe just the yolk because I think she said she could eat the whites? She then calls the responders a bunch of names and tells us to go F ourselves, which I find ironic given the original question was about Easter which is a Christian holiday and that doesn't seem in keeping with the spirit of Easter but whatevs... then a bunch more people who didn't read the whole thread are giving chocolate egg suggestions.

Did I get all that right?

That's pretty much it, except that her kids are SMART, damn it, and will check the trash in order to catch her in a lie about a fictional rodent that eats biologically inappropriate food and leaves candy behind to commemorate the Death and Resurrection of a Jewish political prisoner from roughly 2000 years ago.

<3
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    I have to loose 80 lbs very quickly in order to train and be accepted into the mma program I've been workin towards. I have less than a year to do it. I've lost about 60 but have another 80 to go. So no fitting an egg in is a problem. Whatever you guys have at it. I asked for advice and all I get is basically *kitten*. I found someone who helped me with it so ummm peace. The only quacks I have found today are right here. If it weren't for this app being so helpful with keeping track of what I eat I would say *kitten* it and delete this *kitten*. Real *kitten* supports up in here.

woahhhh angry much?
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    First world problems!! LOL

You know, that's never really helpful. What are people who live in the "first world" supposed to have, if not "first world" problems? That being said, I do agree that hard-boiled eggs shouldn't even be an issue. I think the idea of egg salad or something else is a good idea.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    There should be a "hall of fame" forum on these boards, and threads like these should be put there for posterity.

I only get this serious about pizza.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are not just more helpful, and offer suggestions that are legitimate: See if your psychiatrist will take a few off your hands - problem solved.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There should be a "hall of fame" forum on these boards, and threads like these should be put there for posterity.

I only get this serious about pizza.

I like to believe the mods don't really nuke crazy threads, they stash them in a secret forum and one day will open them up like a time capsule.