Easter

Options

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Hopefully her "training" will incorporate an attitude adjustment.

Since your kids aren't stupid, tell them the truth about false idols so they don't force you to eat a nutritious egg.

You're my new favorite.

D'aw! :heart:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    I love this thread so much and hope it never dies. There are some real gems in here.
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I guess stuff an egg in your purse and happy Easter.

I don't know why, but every time I think of this I die laughing. I'm literally sitting here at work, crying and turning red just quoting it.

Oh my goodness, I missed that before, but now I'm finding it the funniest thing ever.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    This is too funny!!
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    This thread is amazing. Let me just see if I've got this.

The OP asks a vague, random question about eggs at Easter. A few well meaning responders offer suggestions on both the chocolate and hard boiled egg fronts. OP comes back and clarifies that she meant hard boiled eggs. People point out that hard boiled eggs are one of the lowest calorie forms of protein one can eat. People also point out the fallacy of the idea that fictional bunnies would eat hard boiled eggs. OP lashes out saying that she's on a super strict, and here is where I feel like I must have misread something, MMA training plan which restricts even 70 calories of egg protein, maybe just the yolk because I think she said she could eat the whites? She then calls the responders a bunch of names and tells us to go F ourselves, which I find ironic given the original question was about Easter which is a Christian holiday and that doesn't seem in keeping with the spirit of Easter but whatevs... then a bunch more people who didn't read the whole thread are giving chocolate egg suggestions.

Did I get all that right?

Yes, and add in there that all suggestions are hogwash, except the ones she's already decided are right in her head.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    This is the first I've heard of leaving something for the Easter bunny (if I'm reading that correctly). Then again, my kids never believed in the Easter bunny. It was always a just-for-fun story for them. They somehow managed to swallow the whole Santa Claus thing, but a human-size rabbit inexplicably carrying eggs around (rabbits don't lay eggs, rabbits don't eat eggs, I mean what the...? At least Santa Claus's excuse was that he liked kids, supposedly) was just a bridge too far for them. ;)
    I grew up in the UK where the Easter Bunny wasn't a thing. Your parents, or someone else who liked you, said "Happy Easter" and handed you a chocolate egg. I got in trouble when we first arrived in Canada and I said, in front of a school friend of my son "Oh we just leave the eggs out for the kids on Easter morning". I got a stern look and a hard foot-nudge and had to quickly back-pedal.

I'm in the UK. Some people do Easter egg hunts for kids, but it's not a big deal really.

I've never heard of leaving something for the bunny.

I used to have rabbits...they liked lettuce and carrot and rabbit food (whatever was in that). Tell your kids they can leave a salad this year :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

The OP asks a vague, random question about eggs at Easter. A few well meaning responders offer suggestions on both the chocolate and hard boiled egg fronts. OP comes back and clarifies that she meant hard boiled eggs. People point out that hard boiled eggs are one of the lowest calorie forms of protein one can eat. People also point out the fallacy of the idea that fictional bunnies would eat hard boiled eggs. OP lashes out saying that she's on a super strict, and here is where I feel like I must have misread something, MMA training plan which restricts even 70 calories of egg protein, maybe just the yolk because I think she said she could eat the whites? She then calls the responders a bunch of names and tells us to go F ourselves, which I find ironic given the original question was about Easter which is a Christian holiday and that doesn't seem in keeping with the spirit of Easter but whatevs... then a bunch more people who didn't read the whole thread are giving chocolate egg suggestions.

you forgot her super restrictive diet to get into MMA training..

but other than that I would say you covered everything...
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Never heard of leaving the Easter Bunny treats. I would leave a carrot for a rabbit because that's what rabbits eat.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    For those who have no actual advice don't comment. I have a very strict diet and children who aren't stupid. I will the egg whites and figure something out for the kids. I eat eggs all the time but I'm not interested in saving my whole days worth of calories and throwing all the proportions off. I asked for advice you either give it or get the *kitten* off this thread. Tired of all the apps people gotta be trolling.

If your kids aren't stupid and are checking the trash to see if you tossed the eggs then they are certainly smart enough to not be wasteful and leave out eggs for an imaginary bunny. Just don't do it.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    I love this thread so much and hope it never dies. There are some real gems in here.
    I guess stuff an egg in your purse and happy Easter.

I don't know why, but every time I think of this I die laughing. I'm literally sitting here at work, crying and turning red just quoting it.

Oh my goodness, I missed that before, but now I'm finding it the funniest thing ever.

;)

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    HAHAH oh MFP, never lets me down!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Seriously lmao.
    1. Who leaves anything for the Easter Bunny?
    2. If you did, why would it be hard boiled eggs?
    3. If you started a tradition of leaving hard boiled eggs and don't want to eat them....you can figure out how to get rid of them????

And Kruggeri...nice recap
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    For those who have no actual advice don't comment. I have a very strict diet and children who aren't stupid. I will the egg whites and figure something out for the kids. I eat eggs all the time but I'm not interested in saving my whole days worth of calories and throwing all the proportions off. I asked for advice you either give it or get the *kitten* off this thread. Tired of all the apps people gotta be trolling.

If your kids aren't stupid and are checking the trash to see if you tossed the eggs then they are certainly smart enough to not be wasteful and leave out eggs for an imaginary bunny. Just don't do it.

This. If they're checking the trash for "proof," they already have the hint that there's no Easter Bunny. IMO.

If they had no doubts, they wouldn't be pawing through garbage looking for evidence. It wouldn't even occur to them.

When our kids started to "outgrow" Santa Claus, we didn't go through elaborate schemes to keep them believing. They already had the doubts - they were getting it. Sure, at first it was a little bit of dancing around - "Daddy is only looking on Amazon to give Santa Claus ideas for what you'd like for Christmas" - but that's as far as we took it. We started to "phase them out," going gently, by introducing the story of the real St. Nicholas. Today they feel there is a "spirit" of Christmas but don't believe an actual breathing man physically comes into our house on Christmas Eve. If your kids are getting to the piont where they're trying to scope out the truth...just give it to them.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the thread here, but....I'm so confused.

I work out. I train. I eat two hard boiled eggs a day. I boil a whole bunch and they last for a week. Why can't they fit into your diet again? How many eggs are we talking here?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

That's pretty much it, except that her kids are SMART, damn it, and will check the trash in order to catch her in a lie about a fictional rodent that eats biologically inappropriate food and leaves candy behind to commemorate the Death and Resurrection of a Jewish political prisoner from roughly 2000 years ago.

Oh yeah. OP if you come back to this thread, and I have my suspicions that you will, can you please let us know how old your kids are? I need to figure out at what age mine are likely to start snooping in the trash for evidence because they may find other things in there, like some of their least stellar art work, that I don't want them to find.

• hollyrayburn
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I'm late to the thread here, but....I'm so confused.

I work out. I train. I eat two hard boiled eggs a day. I boil a whole bunch and they last for a week. Why can't they fit into your diet again? How many eggs are we talking here?

Because she's doing some kinda super restrictive (I'm assuming VLCD) "training" so she can get in an MMA class next year, is what I gather.

So 70 calories (or 17 for just whites) of a high protein, filling nutritious food is totes off limits.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    In the meantime, how is everyone's Peep cleanse coming? Racing right along?

Racecar-peeps.jpg
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'd say these kids are that smart they are looking to see how mammy is gonna get rid of the eggs this year!! Seen as they are checking for evidence in the trash....Probably have bets on to see if she'll cope on that rabbits don't even eat eggs :p