Easter

Easter is approaching and I'm planning how to get around it diet wise. The kids leave eggs for the bunny but that means I have to eat them... What do I do ?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited March 2015
    ...Or you could give them to someone else, take them to some sort of food drive, incorporate them into some deserts for your kids (just don't keep them in their original packaging, put the chocolate unwrapped in bowls or melt it down or something), or you could always just throw them away.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    do you mean chocolate or hard boiled?

If hard boiled you could try getting one of those kits that blows the egg out of the shell and make a quiche. If chocolate, well, you could put fewer out. You could also make egg shaped cookies and have fun decorating them and then instead of eating them all at once, freeze them and bring them to work. You could bring the chocolate to work too.

There is nothing wrong with sweets. Chocolate doesn't go bad so if you get it to your office, you can portion out a little bit every day; same with cookies. If these are hard boiled eggs, I see a lot of egg salad in your future.
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    If you're worried about hard boiled just limit how many you eat daily. I like eating hard boiled eggs instead of scrambled or fired eggs. It always just seemed easier.

If you're worried about candy limit how much you buy for your kids. I don't plan on buying my daughter any candy other than one chocolate bunny, the rest will be little things like sidewalk chalk, a jump rope, and a basketball.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Eat them, log them.

or

Don't eat them.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    You don't have to eat them. I bring extra chocolate to work.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    its kind of like leaving cookies for santa. you don't HAVE to eat them. either throw them away or give them to someone else as suggested above.
  • kimzy132124
    kimzy132124 Posts: 75 Member
    Josalinn wrote: »

If hard boiled you could try getting one of those kits that blows the egg out of the shell and make a quiche. If chocolate, well, you could put fewer out. You could also make egg shaped cookies and have fun decorating them and then instead of eating them all at once, freeze them and bring them to work. You could bring the chocolate to work too.

There is nothing wrong with sweets. Chocolate doesn't go bad so if you get it to your office, you can portion out a little bit every day; same with cookies. If these are hard boiled eggs, I see a lot of egg salad in your future.

Hard boiled
  • kimzy132124
    kimzy132124 Posts: 75 Member
    I didn't get them any candy except a bunny pop. I did a gardening theme. I mean the hard boiled eggs.
  • Josalinn

If hard boiled you could try getting one of those kits that blows the egg out of the shell and make a quiche. ... If these are hard boiled eggs, I see a lot of egg salad in your future.

Hard boiled

I stand by what the above. You could also peel them and put them in a Tupperware in the fridge. Spinach and egg salad, you could make deviled eggs and bring them to work, or just eat them over the next few days. I love hard boiled eggs. Low in calories packed in protein.

If you did the blow out thing, you could get a little tree and thread them and hang them. Then you could leave out a snack of carrots for the Easter Bunny, or a slice of quiche if you make one out of the egg insides.

Sorry, I don't have kids, so I don't know how attached they might be to tradition. I didn't grow up with the Easter Bunny or Santa so I don't have any experience to draw on that way either.
  • Josalinn
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    You don't have to eat them. Can't the kids eat them? We did, when I was a kid.

But hard boiled eggs are perfectly diet friendly and make for a convenient snack, IMO.

I think the idea is like leaving cookies out for Santa. Santa has to eat the cookies. EB has to eat the eggs.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    One egg is about 70 calories. Fit one or two in a day or find recipes to utilize until they're gone.

Or be like me and don't eat them...hard-boiled yolks are terrible.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Easter bunny eats carrots at our house. Do rabbits even eat eggs?
    i was wondering the same thing. our easter bunny LEAVES eggs for us to find...we have never left him something. :p

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Hard boiled

wait, we are not even talking about candy???????

That was my reaction! It never occurred to me that someone might worry about eating one or two boiled eggs once a year. I would also have absolutely no problem throwing them out if I really didn't want to eat them, unlike chocolate eggs (as I can see why you wouldn't want to throw them out!). But yeah I can't understand the problem with either eating or throwing out boiled eggs.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I've never heard of leaving eggs for the bunny. He always hid our dyed eggs for us to find and brought us a little candy and new church outfit. It's interesting learning different ways people celebrate holidays.

I got my love for hard boiled eggs because of Easter. It was the only time we really had them growing up and we'd dye a dozen each and then of course get to eat them when we did our egg hunt lol.