Easter

Options

Replies

• jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    There are definitely worse things you could be eating. This is the first year we'll be coloring eggs (my daughter is almost 3), and I plan on putting them in the fridge and eating them for snacks during that week.
  • foobazola
    foobazola Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Make egg salad.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    There's no need to eat them. Serve rabbit stew on Easter and tell the kids the bunny died.
  • Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    If I was doing this for my (non existent) kids, I'd tell 'em that the Easter Bunny likes red wine and big fat bacon-cheeseburgers >:)

Bwahahahaha! I love how you think!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    You don't have to eat them. Can't the kids eat them? We did, when I was a kid.

But hard boiled eggs are perfectly diet friendly and make for a convenient snack, IMO.

I think the idea is like leaving cookies out for Santa. Santa has to eat the cookies. EB has to eat the eggs.

For sure, but... the kids aren't going to recognize them when they're chopped up in egg salad.

Peel the eggs and cut them up for egg salad or slice to put on regular salads. Leave a few yolk crumbs on the plate. Move on with your life.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are yummy! I'm looking forward to the pretty eggs I get to eat all week!! My family of 6 goes through about 5 dozen every two weeks....
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    There was another Easter thread that actually turned out quite funny!

I will be having chocolate on Easter. I will also be having pierogies and kielbasa with cold sliced eggs, two things my grandparents always had for us on Easter. :) It will all fit into my calorie goals.

If you want the chocolate, just fit it into your goals, IMO (unless you have dietary restrictions, obviously).
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Easter is approaching and I'm planning how to get around it diet wise. The kids leave eggs for the bunny but that means I have to eat them... What do I do ?

1. Start a new tradition. I've personally never heard of leaving anything for the Easter Bunny but if you must have them leave something then maybe switch it to carrots. Carrots make more sense anyway.
    2. Exactly how many hard boiled eggs are you having your kids leave? Maybe tell them one egg from the whole family is enough to leave.
    3. Get a dog or a neighbor's dog. They will happily eat the hard boiled eggs for you. Ask before feeding stuff to someone else's dog though.
    4. Continue as before but just throw away what you don't want to eat. Your kids won't know.
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    *edited as didn't read all posts*
    Or think up another tradition, leave out carrots as it's a 'bunny', more logical then egg for a rabbit :P.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I love boiled eggs nomnomnom. They are quite healthy as well.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Josalinn wrote: »
    do you mean chocolate or hard boiled?

If hard boiled you could try getting one of those kits that blows the egg out of the shell and make a quiche. If chocolate, well, you could put fewer out. You could also make egg shaped cookies and have fun decorating them and then instead of eating them all at once, freeze them and bring them to work. You could bring the chocolate to work too.

There is nothing wrong with sweets. Chocolate doesn't go bad so if you get it to your office, you can portion out a little bit every day; same with cookies. If these are hard boiled eggs, I see a lot of egg salad in your future.

Hard boiled

wait, we are not even talking about candy???????

my reaction as well.
  • Greatgrace123
    Greatgrace123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Easter bunny eats carrots at our house. Do rabbits even eat eggs?

If your EB eats hardboiled eggs, eat one. If you are cutting it close on calories, eat the whites and leave "crumbs" of the yolks on the plate.

Not sure why you're concerned about eating real eggs. (candy eggs, I understand concerns for moderation...but I'd eat a bite or two of those as well!) We dye the hardboiled eggs and then I turn many of them into deviled eggs for snacks with Easter dinner. Use horseradish and prepared mustard with a bit of greek yogurt to make them less caloric than the old-fashioned mayo-heavy ones. Same thing with egg salad.

I love eggs, they are a HUGE part of my diet since I've been staying at a caloric deficit. Easy, protein-rich, cheap...what's not to love?

Yah I love eating hard boiled eggs o:)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Or be like me and don't eat them...hard-boiled yolks are terrible.

Amen. I love a runny yolk.....but cooked through? Gag.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Wait....if they are for the Easter Bunny, can't you just toss them or give them to somebody that will eat them? I'm not understanding why you have to eat them. I'd just toss them.

The kids think the Easter Bunny ate them anyway I'm guessing right? IDK my kid is 13 and didn't like that stuff when he was little.
  • NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Eat the egg whites.
  • kimzy132124
    kimzy132124 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Wait....if they are for the Easter Bunny, can't you just toss them or give themU to somebody that will eat them? I'm not understanding why you have to eat them. I'd just toss them.

The kids think the Easter Bunny ate them anyway I'm guessing right? IDK my kid is 13 and didn't like that stuff when he was little.
    You would think that but last year my daughter checked the trash. Lol

• KylaDenay
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Wait....if they are for the Easter Bunny, can't you just toss them or give themU to somebody that will eat them? I'm not understanding why you have to eat them. I'd just toss them.

You would think that but last year my daughter checked the trash. Lol
    Oh damn! Well put them in the trunk of your car, in something to hide and take them to the gas station trash bin or something lol.
  • kimzy132124
    kimzy132124 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For those who have no actual advice don't comment. I have a very strict diet and children who aren't stupid. I will the egg whites and figure something out for the kids. I eat eggs all the time but I'm not interested in saving my whole days worth of calories and throwing all the proportions off. I asked for advice you either give it or get the *kitten* off this thread. Tired of all the apps people gotta be trolling.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    For those who have no actual advice don't comment. I have a very strict diet and children who aren't stupid. I will the egg whites and figure something out for the kids. I eat eggs all the time but I'm not interested in saving my whole days worth of calories and throwing all the proportions off. I asked for advice you either give it or get the *kitten* off this thread. Tired of all the apps people gotta be trolling.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Also, if you need to save a whole day's worth of calories to eat a hardboiled egg? You need to examine your "very strict" diet. It doesn't sound like a healthy way to go about things at all.
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    Yikes where this come from?!!