Easter

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    First world problems!! LOL

You know, that's never really helpful. What are people who live in the "first world" supposed to have, if not "first world" problems? That being said, I do agree that hard-boiled eggs shouldn't even be an issue. I think the idea of egg salad or something else is a good idea.

It wasn't meant to be helpful, were talking hard boiled eggs here. LOL
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have to loose 80 lbs very quickly in order to train and be accepted into the mma program I've been workin towards. I have less than a year to do it. I've lost about 60 but have another 80 to go. So no fitting an egg in is a problem. Whatever you guys have at it. I asked for advice and all I get is basically *kitten*. I found someone who helped me with it so ummm peace. The only quacks I have found today are right here. If it weren't for this app being so helpful with keeping track of what I eat I would say *kitten* it and delete this *kitten*. Real *kitten* supports up in here.

People here are trying to help. Using profanity isn't necessary.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You don't have to eat them....unless they're chocolate. One MUST eat all the chocolate! Seriously, eat, log, enjoy your holiday.

yea she meant hard boiled eggs, not chocolate eggs...
    Well if they aren't chocolate, you're not required to eat them.

Well, exactly.

• LAWoman72
    Options
    There's no need to eat them. Serve rabbit stew on Easter and tell the kids the bunny died.

One Easter on our way to church we passed a dead bunny in the road and my father said "There goes Peter Cottontail!" Easter was never the same lol.

OMG, oh bwah ha ha, your dad has the same sick sense of humor my husband has.
  • LAWoman72
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BramageOMG wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are not just more helpful, and offer suggestions that are legitimate: See if your psychiatrist will take a few off your hands - problem solved.

Or I will. I'm not a psychiatrist but I'm happy to pretend to be one, you know, just to take one for the team, as it were. "Hi, tell me about your childhood, oh my God, that's so terrible and your feelings are legitimate and you have EVERY RIGHT to each one of them, okay, I'll take the chocolate now."

You're welcome.

If it's the non-chocolate variety of egg, though, you're on your own.

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I just can't get over the MMA angle.

Seriously. You roiding? Because DAYUM. Some RAGE.
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    What the efff?
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add....except that this thread just made my night. And I will be laughing about this for days :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I'm late to the thread here, but....I'm so confused.

I work out. I train. I eat two hard boiled eggs a day. I boil a whole bunch and they last for a week. Why can't they fit into your diet again? How many eggs are we talking here?

Because she's doing some kinda super restrictive (I'm assuming VLCD) "training" so she can get in an MMA class next year, is what I gather.

So 70 calories (or 17 for just whites) of a high protein, filling nutritious food is totes off limits.

Wow. Not downing on anyone's dreams because I think training for MMA is a nice goal, but trying to do a VLCD is not going to work out in so many ways. You are going to have lost a lot of muscle mass and it'll end up being a bigger struggle to maintain.

Hell, you'll definitely need to attempt a bulk and cut to regain the muscle mass and since you didn't figure out how to work eggs into a one day thing and flipping out on people actually pointing out some things..well... *shrugs*
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I have to loose 80 lbs very quickly in order to train and be accepted into the mma program I've been workin towards. I have less than a year to do it. I've lost about 60 but have another 80 to go. So no fitting an egg in is a problem. Whatever you guys have at it. I asked for advice and all I get is basically *kitten*. I found someone who helped me with it so ummm peace. The only quacks I have found today are right here. If it weren't for this app being so helpful with keeping track of what I eat I would say *kitten* it and delete this *kitten*. Real *kitten* supports up in here.

...War Machine? Is that you?
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    Can somebody tell me what MMA is? I googled it but didn't get any results that made sense in light of this thread...?
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me what MMA is? I googled it but didn't get any results that made sense in light of this thread...?

Mixed martial arts
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Mixed martial arts

Still doesn't make sense in light of the thread, does it? Yeah that was the part that I struggled with the most. That and the fact that rabbits don't eat eggs...

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Mixed martial arts

Still doesn't make sense in light of the thread, does it? Yeah that was the part that I struggled with the most. That and the fact that rabbits don't eat eggs...

I can totally see why you starve yourself down to nothing so that you can turn around and do a massive bulk. So sensible.

I never understood the Easter bunny/egg thing myself.
  • LAWoman72
    Options

Mixed martial arts

Oh, okay...thanks.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    week-in-review-emma-stone-gifs-ed-sheeran-ellabeereads.gif

Seriously, I'm going to bookmark this crazy for a gloomy day when I need a solid laugh.

This also reminds me I should boil some eggs, you know, since I don't want to be part of MMA.
  • LAWoman72
    Options

Seriously, I'm going to bookmark this crazy for a gloomy day when I need a solid laugh.

This also reminds me I should boil some eggs, you know, since I don't want to be part of MMA.

Do you have your Coach bag all set for when you need to smuggle the shells to the gas station?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Do you have your Coach bag all set for when you need to smuggle the shells to the gas station?

It's a knock off. I also have kids, so really I've found far weirder crap in my purse.

Actually I lied. I don't even have a knock off Coach bag. *hangs head in shame*
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    First, I love Cadbury creme eggs. So good. Hard boiled eggs aren't terrible.

Second, wow.

I've seen a few members say that you're overreacting...members who if they say that, it means something...because they're ones with a solid history of finding offense in all kinds of seemingly benign posts.

TL;DR - I hope you find what you're looking for...and what you need...and it may not be an MMA program.

Also, Happy Easter!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    A hard-boiled egg white is basically one of the best things you could possibly eat. Tons of protein, almost no calories, lots of nutrients. It really doesn't make sense to not be able to fit this into your diet, unless you feel like you MUST eat 20 or 30 eggs at once or something.

Eggs are a great addition to compost. The shells especially--they add calcium to the soil. Chop up the eggs a bit and throw them into a compost pile if you are feeling guilty about wasting them.

Know what's better than a hard boiled egg white?

The whole hard boiled egg.

Know what's even better?

A Cadbury creme egg.