• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I'm late to the thread here, but....I'm so confused.

I work out. I train. I eat two hard boiled eggs a day. I boil a whole bunch and they last for a week. Why can't they fit into your diet again? How many eggs are we talking here?

Because she's doing some kinda super restrictive (I'm assuming VLCD) "training" so she can get in an MMA class next year, is what I gather.

So 70 calories (or 17 for just whites) of a high protein, filling nutritious food is totes off limits.

Wow. Not downing on anyone's dreams because I think training for MMA is a nice goal, but trying to do a VLCD is not going to work out in so many ways. You are going to have lost a lot of muscle mass and it'll end up being a bigger struggle to maintain.

Hell, you'll definitely need to attempt a bulk and cut to regain the muscle mass and since you didn't figure out how to work eggs into a one day thing and flipping out on people actually pointing out some things..well... *shrugs*

my friend in Boston does MMA training and he eats like a beast…

I was up there last summer and we went out for sushi and he took down like four rolls and two servings of ice cream on his own ….and he is like 200 pounds and shredded….

But not one single egg.

Because abstaining from eggs is the only way to persevere in the eight sided circle.

No, because a 70-calorie egg is too gigantic amount to take out of only a 2000-calorie a day or so diet. According to the OP. She's reserving those 70 calories for...something.

Do steroids have calories?

• LAWoman72
    Options
    Burt_Huttz wrote: »
    CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE THAT THIS DISCUSSION ABOUT EASTER EGGS IS TEARING THIS WHOLE WEBBED SITE APART??

WITH LOVE,
    BURT

Too late Burt!

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

I work out. I train. I eat two hard boiled eggs a day. I boil a whole bunch and they last for a week. Why can't they fit into your diet again? How many eggs are we talking here?

Because she's doing some kinda super restrictive (I'm assuming VLCD) "training" so she can get in an MMA class next year, is what I gather.

So 70 calories (or 17 for just whites) of a high protein, filling nutritious food is totes off limits.

Wow. Not downing on anyone's dreams because I think training for MMA is a nice goal, but trying to do a VLCD is not going to work out in so many ways. You are going to have lost a lot of muscle mass and it'll end up being a bigger struggle to maintain.

Hell, you'll definitely need to attempt a bulk and cut to regain the muscle mass and since you didn't figure out how to work eggs into a one day thing and flipping out on people actually pointing out some things..well... *shrugs*

I was up there last summer and we went out for sushi and he took down like four rolls and two servings of ice cream on his own ….and he is like 200 pounds and shredded….

But not one single egg.

Because abstaining from eggs is the only way to persevere in the eight sided circle.

No, because a 70-calorie egg is too gigantic amount to take out of only a 2000-calorie a day or so diet.

ha, my friend in Boston probably eats 3000 a day ..minimum....
  • LAWoman72
    Options

But not one single egg.

No, because a 70-calorie egg is too gigantic amount to take out of only a 2000-calorie a day or so diet.

LUCKY. He can probably work half an egg in there!

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Easter is approaching and I'm planning how to get around it diet wise. The kids leave eggs for the bunny but that means I have to eat them... What do I do ?

your kids leave eggs FOR the bunny?

isnt the bunny supposed to BRING eggs?

of course, i dont do bunnies and eggs anyways, so it really doesnt matter to me LOL (my kids get a small gift (around $10-$15) and a goodie bag of treats). thats about all the Easter we do. LOLOL

we dont even do Easter dinner unless my grandfather wants to. lolol

turtle-high-five.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

But not one single egg.

But it might throw everything off!!!!!
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Easter is approaching and I'm planning how to get around it diet wise. The kids leave eggs for the bunny but that means I have to eat them... What do I do ?

of course, i dont do bunnies and eggs anyways, so it really doesnt matter to me LOL (my kids get a small gift (around $10-$15) and a goodie bag of treats). thats about all the Easter we do. LOLOL

turtle-high-five.gif

This is indeed accurate.

The easter bunny brings eggs to celebrate spring.

Rabbits and eggs are symbols of fertility. The end of winter and the onset of spring is a time of fertility which is what the holiday celebrated.

The very name Easter is derived from the Old English word Eostrun which was a spring festival in celebration of the goddess Eostre.

Indeed it could be easily argued that the Greek root and Old English/Germanic origin words which give us a modern-day 'female/fertile' concept are quite closely interrelated: Estrogen - - Eostre.

In Easter's contemporary application in Christian mythology, celebrating the resuscitation of Jesus, it still retains the basic thematic elements of life, spring time, birth, and re-birth.

The very concept of one fertility symbol consuming another in celebration of fertility is really a pretty disgusting misinterpretation of the roots of all of this.

With love,
    Burt

• LAWoman72
    edited March 2015
    Options

But not one single egg.

And he's a man so he probably doesn't have a purse. This is a dilemma.

Can Easter eggs be hidden in a European shoulderbag?

ETA: I have a dilemma of my own as my kids are constantly inside my purse, scrounging for money, the little beggars. I'm thinking maybe I'll hide my Easter eggs in my tampon box.

• LAWoman72
    edited March 2015
    Options

turtle-high-five.gif

This is indeed accurate.

Rabbits and eggs are symbols of fertility. The end of winter and the onset of spring is a time of fertility which is what the holiday celebrated.

The very name Easter is derived from the Old English word Eostrun which was a spring festival in celebration of the goddess Eostre.

Indeed it could be easily argued that the Greek root and Old English/Germanic origin words which give us a modern-day 'female/fertile' concept are quite closely interrelated: Estrogen - - Eostre.

In Easter's contemporary application in Christian mythology, celebrating the resuscitation of Jesus, it still retains the basic thematic elements of life, spring time, birth, and re-birth.

The very concept of one fertility symbol consuming another in celebration of fertility is really a pretty disgusting misinterpretation of the roots of all of this.

With love,
    Burt

It's not the fact that they're both springtime associations - I think probably everyone already gets that. It's common knowledge and even if it weren't, it's not a difficult thing to ascertain. It's putting them together so that a rabbit brings eggs that's so...weird.

Now if the Easter Goose brought eggs that would make a little more sense. Or the Easter Lizard or the Easter Anything That Would Actually Have Access To Eggs.

Or maybe the Easter Mongoose as those do like eggs, quite a bit, apparently.

But a human-size rabbit that hops around carrying a basket and giving eggs to children...? Oddness.

I felt that way even as a kid, LOL.
  • Burt_Huttz
    Options

turtle-high-five.gif

This is indeed accurate.

With love,
    Burt

It's not the fact that they're both springtime associations - I think probably everyone already gets that. It's common knowledge and even if it weren't, it's not a difficult thing to ascertain. It's putting them together so that a rabbit brings eggs that's so...weird.

Now if the Easter Goose brought eggs that would make a little more sense. Or the Easter Lizard or the Easter Anything That Would Actually Have Access To Eggs.

But a human-size rabbit that hops around carrying a basket and giving eggs to children...? Oddness.

Geese are not a symbol of fertility, though.
    What really is odd is that if you honestly had to ask yourself if the easter bunny was a male or female, the great majority would say male.
    who lays eggs.
    I mean . . . sure.
    But seriously.
    Right?
  • Burt_Huttz
    Options

But not one single egg.

ETA: I have a dilemma of my own as my kids are constantly inside my purse, scrounging for money, the little beggars. I'm thinking maybe I'll hide my Easter eggs in my tampon box.

See, now THAT would be consistent with the theme of the feast! Good thinking!
  • LAWoman72
    Options

turtle-high-five.gif

This is indeed accurate.

With love,
    Burt

Geese are not a symbol of fertility, though.
    What really is odd is that if you honestly had to ask yourself if the easter bunny was a male or female, the great majority would say male.
    who lays eggs.
    I mean . . . sure.
    But seriously.
    Right?

Yes. It's a male. Peter Cottontail. The...male mammal that carries baskets to deliver hen eggs to humans.

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

But not one single egg.

Am I the only one who's ever heard of a jade egg?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

But not one single egg.

Off to google...

eta: ooooooooohhhhh... :p
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

But not one single egg.

Off to google...

Not at work, I hope!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE THAT THIS DISCUSSION ABOUT EASTER EGGS IS TEARING THIS WHOLE WEBBED SITE APART??

WITH LOVE,
    BURT

Dear Burt,

I am sorry that egg discussions are so stressful for you. Perhaps you should examine why this is the case. Maybe an event in your past triggered a horrible egg memory?
  • LAWoman72
    Options

But not one single egg.

AH HA HA HA. I think Peter Cottontail should be delivering this type of egg to me. I mean: three children. 'Nuff said.

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

But not one single egg.

If you are working eggs in there, please make sure it's a whole egg.
  • LAWoman72
    Options

But not one single egg.

If you are working eggs in there, please make sure it's a whole egg.

I seriously hope this isn't in reference to the Jade Egg, but if it is, awesome, am laughin'.

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Help, my kids are capable of evidence-based reasoning and are attempting to apply it in their lives.