Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    In my IRL, I have absolutely no one that shares my interests.

I haven't played Dungeons and Dragons in 10 years.

In 1992 (pre-Interwebs!! Horrors!), when my wife & I first started dating, we were 22.

Every Sunday was D&D night for me; she had only heard about what freaking goobers D&D players were & had no idea what a game was like, just what the rumors were. But she tagged along, because I said "Well, this is what I do every Sunday, so..." she tagged along & watched.

After the 2nd Sunday, on the way back to my apt she said "I wanna roll up a character."

She played every game from then on out & she LOVED it...too bad we all just grew up/moved away/lost touch over the years! I still have all my books & every now and then we'll bust out the character sheets & reminisce.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Plus a lot of my friends from high school are married/engaged/having babies and I'm just over here like, "hey, isn't my dog super cute?"

Basically me.

And me! I swear I'm the only single person I know IRL.

Semi-crazy single dog ladies unite! ;)

What kind of dog do you have?
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Plus a lot of my friends from high school are married/engaged/having babies and I'm just over here like, "hey, isn't my dog super cute?"

Basically me.

I have 2 wonderful dogs, they're brother and sister, 1 litter apart.

Cozmo is black and white cow print, Lilly is white and apricot.

They're both Yorkie Bears. Cozmo is on the large size, 14 lbs and Lilly is on the small size at 6 lbs.

My brother calls them cats.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options

Basically me.

Golden retriever. (Hopefully the picture works. Doing this from my phone)

3tvyumq7tesl.jpg

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options

I am so happy you got help! Through being overweight my whole life and bullied, I was still ALWAYS very mentally stable. (Arrogance runs in my family!) After I had my second child, I became a completely different person. I was angry ALL THE TIME. I treated my three year old son sooo bad. One day, when the baby was about 6 months old, I raged out on my 3yo to the point that I physically hurt him. I immediately lock myself in the bathroom and called my husband to come home from work. That very day, we went to our GP, who diagnosed me with severe post-partum depression, even though I was not sad, but angry. I took antidepressants and joined a post-partum support group and the change back to my old self was almost immediate. To this day, I still harbor so much guilt over hurting my son and I will NEVER forget the look in his eyes when it happened. It was a complete look of betrayal. I don't think he remembers it and I have never told anyone this story before. I am so glad this is a no judgement zone, because now that I have brought the memories back up, I feel about the worst human being ever.

When our third was born, I also had PPD, but we knew to watch for the signs and made sure to get on anti-depressants right away...my awesome husband also insisted that I get out at least once a week, for a couple of hours without the baby.

PPD is serious. I'm glad it has really come into the public eye.
    I had some major issues after kid 1 and didn't seek help for fear someone would "take him away". I sincerely thought I was going insane. I sought some help after trying to deal with it myself for a long time.
    After kid 2 I had PPD again and even had some history on file from kid 1, but I don't feel like my healthcare professionals took it seriously. At 6 weeks postpartum I flat out failed the "mental health" exam at my appt and I knew I would. But all they did was put me on the phone with a crisis line who confirmed that I wasn't going to hurt myself or the baby and they sent me on my merry way.

I would dread having a third child and would not because those were dark days for my mind :(

• AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    There used to be this girl who worked at a diner I would frequent in NJ. Her face was unreasonably flat, so we glossed her "hit in the face with a brick girl." Well one day, she got a boyfriend, and we couldn't help but overhear her talking about her boyfriend and how great he was, so we started calling her boyfriend Mason, because what do mason's do?

THEY LAY BRICKS.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    :lol:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kismet1428 wrote: »
    My confession is that I don't know what I like to do. My world was taking care of my daughter, she's grown and I seriously have no clue what I am interested in and no idea of how to figure it out.

I get that. My whole life was raising kids. I was a single mother for 20 years, give or take. I had no clue what to do with myself when my daughter first moved out.

Also, for me, it's harder to maintain fitness when I don't have so many things to do. I used to have to schedule my workouts and make myself do it or there wouldn't be another time. Now that I don't have the responsibility of kids, I can procrastinate until I talk myself out of it altogether.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

In 1992 (pre-Interwebs!! Horrors!), when my wife & I first started dating, we were 22.

Every Sunday was D&D night for me; she had only heard about what freaking goobers D&D players were & had no idea what a game was like, just what the rumors were. But she tagged along, because I said "Well, this is what I do every Sunday, so..." she tagged along & watched.

After the 2nd Sunday, on the way back to my apt she said "I wanna roll up a character."

She played every game from then on out & she LOVED it...too bad we all just grew up/moved away/lost touch over the years! I still have all my books & every now and then we'll bust out the character sheets & reminisce.

All of my knowledge of D&D comes from Big Bang Theory tv show.

I'm a failure as an engineer, I don't like anything nerdy. I did raise 2 serious gamers, though, so there's that.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    THEY LAY BRICKS.

LOL that is awesome.

I confess that this morning I ground enough coffee for at least half a week at work (I use the re-usable k-cup) and used all of it throughout the day. It's been that kind of day.

I also confess my "lunch" was 4 doughnut holes and a cookie. And one of those cups of coffee.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

All of my knowledge of D&D comes from Big Bang Theory tv show.

I'm a failure as an engineer, I don't like anything nerdy. I did raise 2 serious gamers, though, so there's that.

I can't watch The Big Bang Theory, I've tried, merely to look at the collectibles in their comic book store. One episode I watched, they had the entire run of the Green Lantern Blackest Night figures on the wall. I need them. Especially Blue Lantern Flash with the Metallic paint.

My problem with the show, while they're "into" the stuff I'm into, it just feels forced and fake, which it is, it's a script. When I talk about stuff I'm into, I inflect the passion I feel for the stuff I'm talking about. So I just sit there, "poser, poser, poser, poser."
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I confess that I relate more to the 'single dog ladies' on this thread. My husband and I have 2 dogs and a cat, and no immediate plans to change that.

We play D&D every Friday night, or try to, and we are each others' best friend.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I'm trying to make myself jump rope every morning (I used to be a really good jump roper as a girl). I've improved a lot since starting, but am not very consistent with it.

Basically me.

Also me!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »

I am so happy you got help! Through being overweight my whole life and bullied, I was still ALWAYS very mentally stable. (Arrogance runs in my family!) After I had my second child, I became a completely different person. I was angry ALL THE TIME. I treated my three year old son sooo bad. One day, when the baby was about 6 months old, I raged out on my 3yo to the point that I physically hurt him. I immediately lock myself in the bathroom and called my husband to come home from work. That very day, we went to our GP, who diagnosed me with severe post-partum depression, even though I was not sad, but angry. I took antidepressants and joined a post-partum support group and the change back to my old self was almost immediate. To this day, I still harbor so much guilt over hurting my son and I will NEVER forget the look in his eyes when it happened. It was a complete look of betrayal. I don't think he remembers it and I have never told anyone this story before. I am so glad this is a no judgement zone, because now that I have brought the memories back up, I feel about the worst human being ever.

When our third was born, I also had PPD, but we knew to watch for the signs and made sure to get on anti-depressants right away...my awesome husband also insisted that I get out at least once a week, for a couple of hours without the baby.

I had some major issues after kid 1 and didn't seek help for fear someone would "take him away". I sincerely thought I was going insane. I sought some help after trying to deal with it myself for a long time.
    After kid 2 I had PPD again and even had some history on file from kid 1, but I don't feel like my healthcare professionals took it seriously. At 6 weeks postpartum I flat out failed the "mental health" exam at my appt and I knew I would. But all they did was put me on the phone with a crisis line who confirmed that I wasn't going to hurt myself or the baby and they sent me on my merry way.

I would dread having a third child and would not because those were dark days for my mind :(

I was so scared when I was expecting the fourth, but was pleasantly surprised to show absolutely no symptoms with her.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »

Hugs to both of you! That's tough. One of my friends' sisters had post puerperal psychosis. Very scary. Hormones can be brutal.
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A lot of you are baring really deep stuff. Seeing the kindness and support here is like a breath of fresh air. I'm inspired to confess something I haven't told anyone. It will feel sooo good to get off my chest.
    My main motivation for getting in shape and losing weight is that I'm still in love with my ex boyfriend. We've been friends for 13 years, dated for two, and I broke up with him about a year ago. He is exactly the kind of man I want to be with, but I broke up with him because I never believed that he was in love with me. There were lots of reasons I felt that way and I tried to work out those issues with him, but every time he would just say "I'm just not good enough for you", and nothing would get resolved.
    So here's how I picture it in my mind. I'm going to get super hot and he's going to tell me he can't live without me and we're going to live happily ever after and have 1 million beautiful red headed babies...
    OR
    I'm going to get super hot, he's still going to be super uninterested, but I'll be super hot so it won't matter and I'll be able to move on.
    Phew I'm so glad I got to tell someone. My friends would all tsk me for having feelings for a guy that they feel wasn't the one for me. And double tsk for all the times he broke my heart.
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Never mind I give up on trying to quote posts from my phone.
    I fail.
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Now it's quiet here and I'm kind of embarrassed by my last post.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Now it's quiet here and I'm kind of embarrassed by my last post.

Don't be. You're amongst friends, even if we're not all here at the moment. I think we all have a secret motivation, even if it's just a little thing.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend just sent me some chocolate and candy from England (he's there, I'm in the US) and I already hid it away so I wouldn't binge on it. One day I can touch it, but not for quite a while!

Kinda sad that I have to hide the food not to eat it...