Options

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Then eat more food and don't set your goal to 2lb/week.
    1580 and 1830, btw, are the numbers MFP gave me right now after I created an account with your stats and selected 1lb/week. 1580 if selecting sedentary (which most people are not), and 1830 if selecting lightly active. This is without even eating back exercise calories on top of the number.

I don't see how you got these numbers. I am 5'2" and even .5 pounds per week doesn't give me 1500.

I got these numbers by entering in her stats into MFP when I created a new account and selecting 1lb/week.

Height doesn't factor into maintenance needs nearly as much as people seem to think - activity level and weight (and potentially body fat %) are what will influence maintenance needs the most.

1580 and 1830 as deficit goals based on OP's stats.

Created a 2nd account and got the exact same numbers.
  • ana3067
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    You need to eat more. There's no way you're going to be able to stick with a 1,200 calorie a day diet. I know I would starve.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I came up with just shy of 1,800 a day, sedentary.
    For maintaining or deficit? If for deficit then that's what I also get if I use the MFP lightly active goal for OP at 1lb/week, and most people are at least lightly active.
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1580 and 1830, btw, are the numbers MFP gave me right now after I created an account with your stats and selected 1lb/week. 1580 if selecting sedentary (which most people are not), and 1830 if selecting lightly active. This is without even eating back exercise calories on top of the number.

I don't see how you got these numbers. I am 5'2" and even .5 pounds per week doesn't give me 1500.

I got these numbers by entering in her stats into MFP when I created a new account and selecting 1lb/week.

Height doesn't factor into maintenance needs nearly as much as people seem to think - activity level and weight (and potentially body fat %) are what will influence maintenance needs the most.

I'm so confused now. What the H is going on here?! Does anyone know of a different online calculator to compare with?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I'd be curious to know why MFP gives me different numbers then.

• ana3067
    Options

I'm so confused now. What the H is going on here?! Does anyone know of a different online calculator to compare with?

health-calc or exrx.net. Neither will be exact comparisons to MFP, as I already demonstrated on the previous page using her stats. Otherwise any TDEE calculator selecting SEDENTARY only will be potentially comparable to MFP.
  • StarlightAria
    StarlightAria Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Posting without reading the above posts. But when did you start the metformin? Ad me I would love to be support for you.
    About a year ago when I was diagnosed. It's the lowest dose and extended release. No issues tummy wise like a lot of people.
  • StarlightAria
    Options

Me too. I'm scratching my head.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

you weigh less?
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused now. What the H is going on here?! Does anyone know of a different online calculator to compare with? [/quote]

health-calc or exrx.net. Neither will be exact comparisons to MFP, as I already demonstrated on the previous page using her stats. Otherwise any TDEE calculator selecting SEDENTARY only will be potentially comparable to MFP. [/quote]

I have about the same stats as her (slightly lower sw) and I don't get the numbers you're getting. I also selected sedentary (I add in my exercise calories) I'm going to check out those other calculators.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

you weigh less?

No, even when I started close to where the OP is I was given 1200 for a projected 1.1 pound per week loss (think that was the exact number, but definitely just over a pound.) Maybe my age?
  • StarlightAria
    Options
    mpwp9kqses78.jpg
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

you weigh less?

No, even when I started close to where the OP is I was given 1200 for a projected 1.1 pound per week loss (think that was the exact number, but definitely just over a pound.) Maybe my age?

I dunno...
  • smarie6193
    Options
    Cut out all processed foods... eat as much fruits and fresh veggies as possible. If you can't pronounce the ingredients stay away...
  • StarlightAria
    Options
    xrxwifwbhb0p.jpg
    uam0hhe4l0h6.jpg
  • arditarose
    Options
    smarie6193 wrote: »
    Cut out all processed foods... eat as much fruits and fresh veggies as possible. If you can't pronounce the ingredients stay away...

oh come on. we were just starting to get somewhere.
  • ana3067
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Don't input it from the app.

And that screencap shows 2lbs/week
  • nihan_gungor
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    I was doing 1200 calories for 5 months and had no problems. I am now targeting 1450 because I wanted to add more fruit and nuts (for regularity). Feel free to add me as a friend and you can view my diary. I think the key is to try to get the most bang for your calorie buck. I sometimes ate less than 1200 if I woke up too late. 1200 calories doesn't allow for a lot of "treats" but that was okay for me. I assume your height and condition may be the reason for the low calorie goal. What's your TDEE? Mine was low because I knew how to work with that amount of calories and stayed away from calorie dense foods. I also ate high protein.

Edit: I meant my calorie goal was low, not my TDEE. I am very economical with my calories. Regularity was a concern because I was getting 40% of my calories from protein. I can understand wanting to lose weight faster rather than slower. I think it depends on the person. BTW, I started at 240lbs and lost 61 pounds in less than 6 months. I'm 47 and workout regularly.

• ana3067
    Options
    Y
    our weight loss goals are to aggressive.

You want to lose what you gained in less than a quarter of the time you gained it.

Not healthy or realistic.

I see a lot of good advice listed above, head some of it.

poem?