"Cheese is not meant for human consumption"

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Whether humans are capable of enjoying the taste... or capable of digesting it...or powerful enough over cows to steal it... is a different question from whether milk and milk products are MEANT for us. They are meant for the babies of the animals that produce them.
    a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

In for the inevitable arguing.

OT: I don't know of any unbiased, scientific studies stating that cheese is "bad" for human consumption (allergies excluded).
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Cheese is made from the milk of a cow (or goat). Cows don't make milk for humans, not willingly anyway. They produce it for their babies.

Mice don't pad their bones with meat for cats, either.

"Intent" is irrelevant....
  • wolfruhn
    wolfruhn Posts: 3,025 Member
    Options
    Definitely not for human consumption. Pure evil !
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Last week I watched the best show on the history of cheese. Made me hungry. They followed the whole process all the way until they take they Whey and make protein powder. Pretty interesting.

Oh yea, get new friends OP

Sounds interesting, I love those "How it's made" tv shows so I'll have to find it and check it out.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the only cheese not meant for human consumption is Kraft singles.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    Options
    How is it not meant for human consumption? How far back should we go before something is considered natural or unnatural for humans? I would argue that some foods are more recent so technically more in the realm of 'not meant for human consumption' than cheese. The earliest guesses for when cheese was first made go back to about 8000 BC, the same as bread. So is bread not meant for human consumption, too? Bread, milk and cheese are some of the earliest foods civilized humans made! What about fish that live in the middle of the ocean and were not able to be caught until the last few hundred years?

I'm really not seeing your friend's point, or what they have against delicious (and healthy, if it fits your calories/macros...hello calcium!) food.

THANKYOU!! That's exactly what I was thinking, lol. It just irks me when people say "(insert food here) is bad/not meant for human consumption/unhealthy" etc and just LEAVE IT AT THAT with nothing else to go by but their word.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    But, opinions aside, I just want information as to why it's bad for human consumption LOL.

But...it's not bad for human consumption, so you're asking for something that doesn't exist.

Exactly. I just assumed that there must be SOME study out there that at least partially backs up what they believe is so wrong with cheese. But apparently there isn't or, if there is, no one has posted anything about one yet.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Whether humans are capable of enjoying the taste... or capable of digesting it...or powerful enough over cows to steal it... is a different question from whether milk and milk products are MEANT for us. They are meant for the babies of the animals that produce them.

You could then argue that no food is MEANT for us. Those strawberries? They're there for birds and small mammals to eat, because they then poop out the seeds to make more strawberry plants. The wheat in that bread? Same thing, it's actually meant for small mammals. The yeast in bread? Not meant for us either, just something that wants to multiply. Seeds, like sunflower seeds? Their purpose is to fall to the ground to make more sunflowers. Even if you argue that eating fruit could be for us because we defecate too (though no longer onto the ground) seeds can't survive if we chew them, which we do for sunflower seeds and things like pomegranate.
    I think that any food that we can eat that doesn't kill us can be meant for us.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Does that really count as cheese?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

it's a "cheese product" and it's gross and won't allow it in my house.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I never really understand this whole "meant to" thing. People weren't "meant" to fly either but your friend has probably been in an airplane.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    I never really understand this whole "meant to" thing. People weren't "meant" to fly either but your friend has probably been in an airplane.

right?? people will say "no animal on earth drinks the milk of another animal." and i'll counter with the whole "yeah, no other animal on earth invented cars either."
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Cheese? From my cold, dead, hands...
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Well we need cheese if only to have a nice food pairing with wine before dinner. If your friend says wine is not meant for human consumption then I suggest you rethink this relationship. Only so much crazy any one person should tolerate.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    Options
    What I really don't understand about all of this is they aren't vegan/vegetarian. It's not an ethics thing for them.

But 90% of food is apparently "unhealthy" and they avoid entire food groups. Which is all well and good for them, I'm not going to step in they can do whatever they want when it comes to what they eat, but don't come to me an' insult my asiago or my manchego when it's going into my mouth not theirs... :E
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

right?? people will say "no animal on earth drinks the milk of another animal." and i'll counter with the whole "yeah, no other animal on earth invented cars either."

I prefer pictures:
    MfQ6x.jpg
    9boxerdeerjpg?v=1
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

I prefer pictures:
    MfQ6x.jpg
    9boxerdeerjpg?v=1

Then they'll just move the goalposts on you. "I meant adult animals. No, I meant non-domesticated adult animals."

But I'll bet pretty much any animal would drink the milk of another species if hungry and given the opportunity.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

it's a "cheese product" and it's gross and won't allow it in my house.

My kids call it plastic cheese and refuse to eat it. I don't buy it either.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    What else would it be meant for? Home décor?
    You could stack the wheels to make a coffee table, like in Skyrim.

cheesuswearewheelingwiththesameproblemoverhere_686f9d33265169ffd2544bde6b37125e.jpg

You can never have enough cheese wheels....