Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    crjmg wrote: »
    It is somewhat concerning to read of all the members who must meticulously weigh each item prior to eating it. I am aware that certain individuals are on very regimental diets and must account for every calorie, but these behaviours may become unhealthy habits and may prevent one from living a healthy and happy life. I know this because I have been there too, weighing everything that entered my mouth. You can eye ball most of these (e.g. Tbsp of peanut butter) and I bet you would be accurate. You don't want to become a slave to the scale. It feels a lot better to be able to eat in approximate estimations and you begin to trust your body more, thus building a stronger sense self-concept.

I hear you, sometimes it feels a bit obsessive to others but to me it's all part of the discipline of learning new ways to control portions.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I love my man's hair. He has beautifully soft, tight, black as night curls. What I love more is that he trusts me with a clipper and asks me to shave those curls off during the summer. The confession is that the sound of the clippers, and the way his hair feels slipping through my fingers while I am cutting them away feels super intimate.

The confession part ( and it's gross): when I am sweeping up the downy pillow of curls and throwing 'em away, I wonder what a pillow would feel like with it. I wouldn't actually be that crazy, but his hair is so damn soft and bouncy. I think it'd be the best sleep ever, but it's also ridiculously gross to think about at the same time. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

Actually it doesn't sound gross to me or weird. I used to spin (as in card and spin wool) and ppl use their dogs hair and make a sweater, blanket etc. You can do it with human hair as well. So might go that route.. a blanket with his hair woven in it. Could use it as a pillow or toss it over yourself... be cozy:)
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don't add men or people with more than 30 friends as friends on MFP

I've added one person on my list and that is the only dude. The rest are women and added me. I don't know why, but if it contributes to their well-being somehow, glad I can help.

I tackled the back yard with a mower today and moved my semi-permanent ham radio antenna to the back yard. For that, I got a 22-oz beer. Still stayed below my limitss
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    lemon629 wrote: »
    A lot of you are baring really deep stuff. Seeing the kindness and support here is like a breath of fresh air. I'm inspired to confess something I haven't told anyone. It will feel sooo good to get off my chest.
    My main motivation for getting in shape and losing weight is that I'm still in love with my ex boyfriend. We've been friends for 13 years, dated for two, and I broke up with him about a year ago. He is exactly the kind of man I want to be with, but I broke up with him because I never believed that he was in love with me. There were lots of reasons I felt that way and I tried to work out those issues with him, but every time he would just say "I'm just not good enough for you", and nothing would get resolved.
    So here's how I picture it in my mind. I'm going to get super hot and he's going to tell me he can't live without me and we're going to live happily ever after and have 1 million beautiful red headed babies...
    OR
    I'm going to get super hot, he's still going to be super uninterested, but I'll be super hot so it won't matter and I'll be able to move on.
    Phew I'm so glad I got to tell someone. My friends would all tsk me for having feelings for a guy that they feel wasn't the one for me. And double tsk for all the times he broke my heart.

What you said about your ex seems like a red flag to me. Every guy who has told me I was too good for him was correct. This guy is probably right, too, especially since you said you felt like he didn't love you enough when you were together.

So keep your mind open to other possibilities while you continue to get hotter.
    I love my man's hair. He has beautifully soft, tight, black as night curls. What I love more is that he trusts me with a clipper and asks me to shave those curls off during the summer. The confession is that the sound of the clippers, and the way his hair feels slipping through my fingers while I am cutting them away feels super intimate.

The confession part ( and it's gross): when I am sweeping up the downy pillow of curls and throwing 'em away, I wonder what a pillow would feel like with it. I wouldn't actually be that crazy, but his hair is so damn soft and bouncy. I think it'd be the best sleep ever, but it's also ridiculously gross to think about at the same time. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

Actually it doesn't sound gross to me or weird. I used to spin (as in card and spin wool) and ppl use their dogs hair and make a sweater, blanket etc. You can do it with human hair as well. So might go that route.. a blanket with his hair woven in it. Could use it as a pillow or toss it over yourself... be cozy:)

I agree. In the 19th (and probably earlier) century, this was not uncommon. Horsehair was also used as stuffing.

Plus, hair is the human equivalent to feathers, and those are used for stuffing all the time.

The only down side is I think it would take a very long time to get enough hair to stuff a pillow.
  • landfish
    Options
    After much thought, I've decided I shan't be engaging in any exercise that involves violent words like "shred" or "blast."

On a side note, I don't drink alcoholic drinks that have names involving sex, violence, magic or anything medical. Each of those choices are based on painful experience.

Also, I don't need another "boot camp." I've been to Basic Training and Officer Candidate School, that's one and a half boot camps.

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I hate the rhetoric around food in advertising. "Sinfully rich" and "guilt-free" and all of that *kitten*. (Also, "low fat!" I don't care about fat, I care about calories and sometimes carbohydrates.)
    You shouldn't feel guilty about eating a cookie, and it's definitely not a sin to be ashamed of. It's just food. :x
    it makes me feel stabby.
  • landfish
    Options
    I hate the rhetoric around food in advertising. "Sinfully rich" and "guilt-free" and all of that *kitten*. (Also, "low fat!" I don't care about fat, I care about calories and sometimes carbohydrates.)
    You shouldn't feel guilty about eating a cookie, and it's definitely not a sin to be ashamed of. It's just food. :x
    it makes me feel stabby.

Can I get a witness? Then there are the "clean food" people. I understand their point and I'm probably a "clean" eater myself, but something sounds so prissy and so needlessly self righteous about "clean food."
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    When we were trying to potty train my son I bribed him with a trip to Legoland, I'm now bribing that same son with a trip to Disneyland to get him the hell out of my bed and into his own.

• TickingPwny
    TickingPwny Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have good news and bad news.

Good news: I worked my first shift (I'm a hostess) without eating any of the restaurant food. Anything that doesn't sell goes to the back for employees to eat, and usually I'm unable to control myself.

Bad news: I got Cafe Rio today with the intention of eating half my quesadilla for lunch and half for dinner with nothing else (since they're SO big!), but I ended up eating a package of Swiss cake rolls (250cal I think?) with the second half....

I figure that since I already ruined myself with Cafe Rio I'd just give in for tonight. Now, as I finish off my cake rolls, I'm feeling rather guilty.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Confession: I secretly want to go on the show "Married at First Sight" :s
  • TickingPwny
    TickingPwny Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Yup ._. it sounds extremely exciting tbh
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

That show makes me so mad. I have dear friends in a long term relationship who can't get married because of some "sanctity of marriage" bullcrap, and then there's shows like that. Sigh. I desperately want to be on the Amazing Race, however.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    it makes me feel stabby.

I was watching a tv show where the main character wished for some freaking low fat dessert like it was an impossibility; later the man brings it for her like it was some huge sacrificial gesture. I became seriously unhinged at that. I was pissed because seriously who cares about low fat? If you're going to wish for it, go for the gold and wish for no calorie and tastes sublime. Even your tv shows will reinforce the stupidity of food commercials.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    jules92761 wrote: »
    OMG - I love this post. Ok, I'll confess... I actually ate at least 4 lemon Oreos in the car on my home from my mom's (she only lives a mile away) rather than eat them in front of my husband.... then snuck 4 more later in the kitchen while he was watching tv! :blush:
    Lemon I've never tried.. now the Reese's Oreo's...are a bit too delicious! :blush:

Omg!! Lemon and Reese Oreos! I really need to move to the States.... but I'd probably gain all my weight back!
    Lemon... Oreos...?

That just sounds kinda gross.

They are really good. They had the vanilla cookies. The lime ones were good, too.
    They also have raspberry ones and the birthday cake ones...

oh so the Spring yellow ones are Lemon? I think the color is awesome but not sure I could eat yellow oreos. The red xmas ones are weird to me too...same with orange for Halloween. I think the color just throws me off or something.

That show makes me so mad. I have dear friends in a long term relationship who can't get married because of some "sanctity of marriage" bullcrap, and then there's shows like that. [\quote]

This pisses me off a ton. Seriously, top three..... Ridiculous!!!

On an unrelated note, I think it had been too long since I watched Brokeback last, as I watched it twice, in a row. I couldn't stop myself!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Weird, I just started using the message boards from my tablet last night and now my last few posts are all messed up.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Weird, I just started using the message boards from my tablet last night and now my last few posts are all messed up.

I've never used MFP on anything except the app on my iPhone but I'm super curious as to what the full site looks like after reading some of the other threads. From the sounds of it it's very different!
  • Igotsdis
    Igotsdis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    On Friday night it was my friends birthday. I don't get to go out a lot (work, family commitments) so I enjoyed myself. I woke up the next day and logged what I drank. I was nearly 2500 calories over my recommended daily intake.
    Also I didn't log the peanuts, chips or dip I ate while I was drinking.
    Thank god I don't drink much (when I say much I mean often lol).
  • Lebatsirk
    Lebatsirk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I go through McDonald's sometimes when I am craving something salty...and I usually get the same thing, a cheeseburger, small fries, and a large diet coke. Fits perfectly into my calories.

I like anchovies when I get those salty cravings! I have to have them otherwise I find myself thinking constantly about crisps and chips and other delicious-but-not-good-for-you salty alternatives.
  • Lebatsirk
    Lebatsirk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I sometimes purposely stay on the treadmill longer once someone begins working out next to me. Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition right?

Haha yes! I do this too

• mynameisoliverqueen
    mynameisoliverqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have put on 8 kilos in the past 5 months due to ill health & I hate it!! Would rather have trouble breathing & be in absolute agony with my nervous system than have to buy complete new wardrobe for second time in a year!!!