Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession (not weight loss related): My 86-year-old Grandma was pinning on Pinterest yesterday for the first time. I'm so tickled at her! And I can't post this on Facebook, either, because she is there, too!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I went 343 calories over my calorie limit today by eating trail mix. Guilty

Three hundred and forty-three delicious calories...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    lieajane wrote: »
    I'm considering NOT doing my workout today because my new routine is mostly centred around the free-weights area. My comfortable corner is downstairs or at best the opposite end of the upper floor.

I really think a big mac and fries would help.

I've met my trainer at the gym a couple times and he always gives me a routine that involves going in the free weights area and using random equipment... I NEVER do it. Rather use my heavy dumbbells at home, and they won't let us use the very heavy stuff without a trainer, so what's the point? So if I go to the gym, it's to use the treadmill, pretty much (or elliptical).
    i use a tape measure every week. if the waist goes above 24' i freak out

Laughing at this (not judging). Because I'd do the same. Even though my waist is 31 inches and will probably never be smaller as I have a large frame. I could lose an inch... maybe.

My confession is that I sometimes get discouraged because with my frame and genetics, I just look fat even if I only have a couple extra pounds. I always get comments about how great my legs and arms look, but it just means that all my fat is at the same place... midsection and hips.

I confess that I looked at women much more last Summer at the beach (no I'm not gay). And I felt much better when I noticed that a lot of thin women still have that lower back roll, where the back meets the hips... It's what I hate the most about my body and I guess I have to come to terms with the fact that it's my body type and unless I get down to 17% body fat or something (not happening) I won't be able to lose it.
  • Francl27
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The forum lagged again. I don't know why it does that... I'm only clicking 'post' once.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Confession: I actually like Crapplebee's. I know I can get a 500 calorie meal (and that usually leaves room for a long island iced tea in my daily calorie count.)

I like it too! It makes me happy when restaurants have low-cal sections on their menu. Applebees added some new stuff recently. I'm a fan of the new Cedar Grilled Lemon Chicken. Its only $10 and part of their "Under 600" menu.

Description: Cedar grilled chicken garnished with Granny Smith apple relish. Topped with lemon olive oil vinaigrette over a blend of cranberries, rice, honey-glazed pecans & quinoa.
  • Francl27
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    Confession: I actually like Crapplebee's. I know I can get a 500 calorie meal (and that usually leaves room for a long island iced tea in my daily calorie count.)

I like it too! It makes me happy when restaurants have low-cal sections on their menu. Applebees added some new stuff recently. I'm a fan of the new Cedar Grilled Lemon Chicken. Its only $10 and part of their "Under 600" menu.

Description: Cedar grilled chicken garnished with Granny Smith apple relish. Topped with lemon olive oil vinaigrette over a blend of cranberries, rice, honey-glazed pecans & quinoa.

It's the one I want to try next. I guess they changed the 550 calories menu to 600 though. It's annoying though because 4 of their dishes have artichokes or mushrooms, and I hate artichokes and don't really care for mushrooms.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »

I regret not getting that instead of the Viking feast upon which I supped.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Confesssion: I'm annoying the hell out of everyone in my office with Irish music and I don't give a crap about it. Also I have a Guinness at home that is calling out for me, even though I will go over calories for it (I don't drink often, so it's worth it) =D
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ETA: Removed due to possibility of person actually seeing this!
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I've never given 100% effort in my entire life. I've never even come close. In fact, today I only gave 47%, and that was one of my more productive days. I get away with it because my 47% gets the job done well enough to fool people. I channel that surplus effort into chilling out and doing what I want. If they only knew...I could be twice as awesome as I am. If this makes me a bad person, I'm cool with that. ;)

awesomefrog_zps125507b6.jpg

+1 It's a shame, really. I feel like could have ruled a few small island nations if I had actually applied myself at the level I know I could. As it is, I'm quite successful at what I do and always have been, but most times I feel like I'm just mailing it in.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    truaymica wrote: »
    Im nightshift 12 hour worker here...I work on a Kidney transplant floor and I know I never drink enough water...it's replaced with cups and cups of coffee instead. Yes Yes there is creamer...I use more than the 2 tablespoons...but I only log it as the 2!!! :-(

Please drink your water! Your kidneys will thank you! (not being bossy; just want to point out how important it is for overall health) Sounds like you have a very stressful job, so thank you for what you do.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    When I make dinner I will give my Love waaaaay more food then me to avoid the temptaion of it being there. He stays skinny......if I ever notice love handles beginning, I might stop with that. Hehe.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    gizmom19 wrote: »
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

Or the ones that eat constantly and never gain any weight. Even my husband knows what I am thinking when I look at them. B****.

:/ if you don't want people judging you because of your weight, you shouldn't judge other people because of theirs. And even if they're not as fat as you are, girls can have very low self-esteem and distorted self-perception, so when they complain about feeling fat it's just as valid as when you do, and they're probably feeling just as miserable.

My confession is that I'm really sick of the thin-shaming and hypocrisy in parts of the body-positivity moment. "Health At Any Size!!" and "BMI isn't an accurate indicator of health!!!" they proclaim over and over and OVER. Until you're naturally small or underweight. Then you can't possibly be healthy and you must be dying of starvation and you just need to eat more.

Well, if you are underweight then you technically do need to eat more. For your health.
    So, if you're overweight, no matter what your muscle ratio is, no matter your frame size, you should automatically eat less? The thing that bothers me is that the same people who say what you're saying are fine with people being overweight. I'm not saying YOU do this, just that some people do.
    Either you believe in BMI/weight as a way to gauge health or you don't, but you can't have it both ways and only accept it as a valid measurement of health when it's convenient. And there are some people who are naturally underweight, and eat a normal amount of food and are perfectly healthy. Just saying.

Not meaning to start a whole debate! Sorry!

It's okay. I feel you. It's kind of like how many people assume that overweight people are lazy and just sit around eating 24/7. You can't win really, someone always has something to say. In general though, allowing for outliers, I do think that everyone should eat a healthy amount of food for their body - whether that means they eat more or less.
  • ButBurgersAreDelicious
    Options
    I've been a stay at home mom for a couple of years, and I'm casually looking for some part-time office work. The income would basically be to pay off a student loan, so it isn't urgent. The confession part is that I'm dragging my feet because I don't want to buy office clothes in my current size. I've already gone down two pant sizes, and I'd just hate to buy clothes I can only wear for a month or two. My husband would probably have an epic eye roll if I told him that.

I worked as a paralegal for a while, and our law office required dress pants and a nice shirt, close toed shoes. Dresses had to be at least to the knee, and leggings were allowed so long as your coochie and tushie are covered by your top half!
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I confess that I farted around the cubicles and noone knows it was me, but the guy two rows down.
  • krzysztof1986
    krzysztof1986 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Even though tall women are mostly considered sexy by men, I like them short:P
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Before I unleash the dogs of war
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    i use a tape measure every week. if the waist goes above 24' i freak out

Same. If my waist gets over 24" then I know I'm eating foods that are making me bloated or I need to cut a few evening cocktails. Calorie-wise they fit into my diet, but due to a faulty digestive system sometimes the alcohol will cause issues.

Overall though, I rely on the tape measure (not just waist, but all over) much more than I do the scale. It is more accurate to me.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    foshizol wrote: »
    Im nightshift 12 hour worker here...I work on a Kidney transplant floor and I know I never drink enough water...it's replaced with cups and cups of coffee instead. Yes Yes there is creamer...I use more than the 2 tablespoons...but I only log it as the 2!!! :-(

You realize that coffee contains water?

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/drinking-enough-water-topic-overview
    Experts say that it's not true that beverages that have caffeine—such as coffee, tea, and cola drinks—always dehydrate you. Healthy people who consume moderate amounts of caffeine don't lose more fluid than people who don't have any caffeine.1 A moderate amount of caffeine is about 200 to 300 milligrams a day. That's about two to four 8-ounce cups of coffee.

You also get water through food. Some fruits and vegetables contain a lot of water, such as watermelon and lettuce.

The whole eight glasses of water is a myth. Drink when you're thirsty, try to stay away from sugary drinks which will not help weight loss (I'm assuming that's why where all here).

In-regards to 8 glasses of water a day.
    Lately, though, researchers have been questioning the tried-and-true water rule, and in fact, believe even health-minded individuals could be drinking too much H2O.

“There’s no scientific method behind those numbers,” says exercise physiologist Stacy Sims, Ph.D., a hydration researcher at Stanford University. “And the recommendation doesn’t take into account gender, environment, altitude, fitness level—factors that could affect fluid intake needs.”
    http://www.menshealth.com/health/overhydration-dangers

Not arguing with you specifically, but I do NOT count any beverage as water unless it is in fact water. Again, this is a person-by-person thing, though. I drink water all day long. I also drink coffee in the AM and iced tea occasionally. If I ONLY drank tea and coffee I'd be really dehydrated and sluggish. I wish doctors and nutritionists and whomever would just tell people to grow up and drink water already!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I work at a highschool. Lunch today was nachos and cheese (plus veggies and fruit). I counted each chip as I ate so I wouldn't be a pig. Not the healthiest of lunches, but it fits within my calories today.