Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8‌ & @fitfatty88‌ Thanks for the words of advice. I just scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday.

Good for you!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    My confession: Monday was a bad day, I went to a funeral for my best friends little brother (22year old kid died from brain cancer). It was so devestating to see my girl so broken that on the hour and a half drive back I broke down too. First I stopped at Dunkin Donuts and asked for a Boston creme donut. They only had vanilla frosting and jelly left so I got the vanilla but it was not what I wanted so I stopped at the next DD as well and luckily they had a Boston Creme. Next I had to get gas and got a twix ice cream bar from the quick mart. Next I pulled over again and got a bag of hot fries.... the big bag but I only ate half.... ok ok 3/4ths. Bad bad bad day. So on Tuesday I baked a Hummingbird cake....

Oh, I'm sorry. That sounds awful--your poor friend. Give yourself a break; it's so hard to not fall into old habits of dealing with tough emotions sometimes.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options

My best girlfriend died two years ago this month, we were super close for 20 years. We did so much together that people often thought we were sisters. I still miss her terribly, I think about her every single day and often still cry. She was very sick for the last while she was alive, and I am glad she is not suffering anymore, but I still was not ready to say good-bye to her.

Very sorry to hear this :(

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8‌ & @fitfatty88‌ Thanks for the words of advice. I just scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday.

yay!! hope it helps :)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

8eq5wflu3hsk.jpg
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Walked past a bakery on my walk and it smelled soooo good. I didn't go in, didn't even really want to but I sure sniffed the air a lot! :smiley:
  • threnjen
    Options

My best girlfriend died two years ago this month, we were super close for 20 years. We did so much together that people often thought we were sisters. I still miss her terribly, I think about her every single day and often still cry. She was very sick for the last while she was alive, and I am glad she is not suffering anymore, but I still was not ready to say good-bye to her.

Very sorry to hear this :(

• threnjen
    edited March 2015
    Options
    edit: double post again, dammit

• therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    I'm glad (?) to see that a lot of people don't have friends locally as well. In high school I had a lot of friends and was very social. Then I went to a small private college where none of my friends were able to get accepted/afford and got into a field that a lot of people don't really understand or accept - especially for a female. Plus I was very obese and still the people in my field kind of excluded me for that. Moved back home and left the friends that did understand me. Started my Master's degree online which took a little over two years and helped me to seclude myself even more. Was in a very stressful relationship at the time as well and binge ate my way through both. I'm done with all of that now and I have acquaintances at work and one who goes to the gym with me occasionally, but being that I'm only at this job temporarily and my degrees are in something a bit morbid..people don't get it and don't usually like to hang around for very long. I get why they don't like or understand it, but I mean..it's what I'm passionate about and truly believe it's my calling sooo.. If people don't like it, I can't really help them with that. Plus a lot of my friends from high school are married/engaged/having babies and I'm just over here like, "hey, isn't my dog super cute?"
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I had to move twice within a year because of my boyfriends job, so while I can make friends easily, I don't really consider them friends. More like, people to talk to while I am at work. Although I did get close to one girl and her husband while living in El Paso. We just clicked because we were from the same state.

Now I live in another part of Texas and just started a job at an upscale restaurant. Everyone there is nice but not the sort I would probably hang out with outside of work. One girl seems to be on the same wave length, but as I've gotten older keeping friends is much more difficult now.

I am a true introvert. I like being alone or with that one person (my boyfriend) to be in my bubble. I have to be extroverted for my job since I am a waitress and the years of doing that has allowed me to transition very easily while I am there, but I catch myself sometimes.

It gets really lonely sometimes when I am home alone and my boyfriend is gone for days at a time for his job and I just sit there like, welp, what's on the internet today. I try to go do exploring when I can because something about taking a random trip somewhere and discovering stuff on your own is fun, but I do miss have that one other person you can connect with in that sense.

I miss my best friend from home, he was that one person ;_; my gay boyfriend hahahaha

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I feel kind of shallow trying to lose weight now.
    It should be noted that I don't think anyone else here is shallow.
    But when I was really eating-disordered, I could spend ages agonizing over calories and nutrition information and doing endless calculations and looking at pictures of food and obsessing over bones and generally letting it consume my life. And I told myself that I wasn't shallow because I was sick, that it wasn't about appearance or wanting to look like a magazine model; it was about trying to remove myself from existence as much as possible.

So now I feel like it's trivial, like I have no excuse and I shouldn't care. I tell everyone else to be happy with their bodies, that there are much more important things in life. But here I am :X
  • HUNGRiiE
    HUNGRiiE Posts: 1
    Options
    I no longer have any motivation to go to the gym :(
  • threnjen
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    I watched my boyfriend fall off of a ridge while we were scrambling last summer. He was airlifted off of the mountain (I had to leave him to go get help-no choice), ended up in critical care for a week and had a total of 12 days spent in the hospital. Every time I can't get a hold of him, I get terrified that something's happened and I'm not there. I used to worry about him in an abstract sort of way, but after seeing/dealing with it first-hand like that, I'm a lot more anxious and clingy around him. He's tolerant of it for now, but I'm afraid I'm going to push him away eventually if I can't learn to trust him to take care of himself again.

:( That sounds tough. I would have a hard time moving past that as well.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    In my IRL, I have absolutely no one that shares my interests.

I haven't played Dungeons and Dragons in 10 years.

No one to argue about who the greatest Green Lantern is.

No one to geek out about the latest Marvel Legends Figures, I GOT THE NEW IRONFIST
    FIGURE IT'S FREAKING AWESOME.

I'm the Chubby guy in karate so I'm kinda like a pariah, I do the motions but my side kick and round houses aren't even remotely good or high, so I'm not into Tournaments and you know, if you're not bringing in Trophies for the Dojo.. . . . Oh but Matt, Sensei says "Good Job Matt at least 5-6 times an hour.

No one to talk to about the New Star Wars, because you know, people are concerned that the crossguard lightsaber the new Villain is wielding in the first teaser would chop his own hands off if he started twirling it around, but my point is, that dude isn't trying to twirl anything, he's just going to over head chop everything like Darth Vader did, he's a Vader Worshipping Acolyte, that's my opinion on that. BTW, I think Luke is the mastermind Dark Lord that doesn't appear until the end of the first movie. In the original script for Star Wars, after Vader dies on the Death Star, Luke picks up his helmet and puts it on and says "I'm Vader now!" but, they changed the script for marketability.

You and my husband would get along. We named our child after a superhero.
  • threnjen
    Options
    I watched my boyfriend fall off of a ridge while we were scrambling last summer. He was airlifted off of the mountain (I had to leave him to go get help-no choice), ended up in critical care for a week and had a total of 12 days spent in the hospital. Every time I can't get a hold of him, I get terrified that something's happened and I'm not there. I used to worry about him in an abstract sort of way, but after seeing/dealing with it first-hand like that, I'm a lot more anxious and clingy around him. He's tolerant of it for now, but I'm afraid I'm going to push him away eventually if I can't learn to trust him to take care of himself again.

:( That sounds tough. I would have a hard time moving past that as well.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    confession:

(and this ties in to the past 2 or 3 topics in this thread somehow)

I used to be pretty judgmental of people with mental health issues. I'd dismiss it as weakness or attention seeking. Then about 2 years ago I started having panic attacks and anxiety. Fought it for a long time, tried to "fix" it on my own, nothing worked. Finally got help. Very humbling experience to say the least.

Was also drinking quite heavily during this time. Knocking on the door of full-blown alcoholism. I think the anxiety and panic attacks were correlated to the drinking but I'm not which came first. Anyway after getting help the desire to drink really dropped off. Every once in a while I want to have a casual drink like everyone else but I don't trust myself. It might be fine, or I might spiral out of control and right now I'm not willing to take that risk. Drinking heavily, at least for me, was symptomatic of deeper issues I had been harboring.

It all stems back to childhood I really believe that now. I didn't have that bad of childhood but for one aspect and it had a drastic effect on me without my realizing it until recently. I'll confess more on that later don't have the time now...

I can relate to this. To a certain extent I think alcoholism is just something you have or don't for many people (I haven't been able to drink normally ever--even though I've spent a huge amount of effort trying to figure out how I could--and the number of relatives on both sides who are drunks is ridiculously high), but I also think my tendencies were worsened by the fact that I considered seeking help (for me, I would have denied feeling that way about others, but I would have been lying) a sign of weakness. I briefly saw someone in my late 20s because things were at a crisis point but refused anti-depression meds, lied about my drinking, and quit as soon as the crisis was past and went back to what was basically self-medication. I really regret that I wasn't able or willing then to address my issues (which were not unrelated to my dad's drinking when I was growing up, go figure)--I think it would have saved me a lot of hardship and struggle in some ways. (As the drinking got worse it was causing major anxiety/panic and depression in cycles for me, but the drinking getting out of hand was related to it being a coping mechanism for years, which is why I think psychological counseling would have helped, although I think I'd still have had to quit.)

Anyway, for a long time when I heard someone was seeing a therapist I'd have this weird mixed dismissive/jealous reaction.

It's actually kind of textbook alcoholic reaction in some way--being self-pitying that no one was offering me help, and insistent that I did not need and would not accept help at the same time.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wow what an extreme experience! Is that called post traumatic stress syndome/disorder? I'd get that checked out if I were you, it's not good for you!

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options

No one to geek out about the latest Marvel Legends Figures, I GOT THE NEW IRONFIST

I'm the Chubby guy in karate so I'm kinda like a pariah, I do the motions but my side kick and round houses aren't even remotely good or high, so I'm not into Tournaments and you know, if you're not bringing in Trophies for the Dojo.. . . . Oh but Matt, Sensei says "Good Job Matt at least 5-6 times an hour.

No one to talk to about the New Star Wars, because you know, people are concerned that the crossguard lightsaber the new Villain is wielding in the first teaser would chop his own hands off if he started twirling it around, but my point is, that dude isn't trying to twirl anything, he's just going to over head chop everything like Darth Vader did, he's a Vader Worshipping Acolyte, that's my opinion on that. BTW, I think Luke is the mastermind Dark Lord that doesn't appear until the end of the first movie. In the original script for Star Wars, after Vader dies on the Death Star, Luke picks up his helmet and puts it on and says "I'm Vader now!" but, they changed the script for marketability.

You should come to jersey and hang with me and my friends. Star wars and marvel are main topics of conversation.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Plus a lot of my friends from high school are married/engaged/having babies and I'm just over here like, "hey, isn't my dog super cute?"

Basically me.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »

You should come to jersey and hang with me and my friends. Star wars and marvel are main topics of conversation.

I'm from Jersey, GSP exit 40.