Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    sushi4days wrote: »
    Then the next day we went to VooDoo doughnuts and my last meal before my surgery was 3 delicious doughnuts- a captn crunch one, a mango tango, and a rasperry filled one with icing. somehow I didnt feel as guilty after that though, perhaps it was the "this could be my last meal" thoughts or at least "last enjoyable meal for a week or two while I'm recovering"

Portlander?

Its the closest city, im a beach dweller :) Not a lot to do here during winter, and even less when you have a total recovery time of 6 months. I'm a week and a day into it and i'm already going nuts. At least i'll be able to move better by the time summer comes.

I guess I should find a new thread on ideas for recovery time blues and exercises, I feel like walking probably the best right now, but its pouring down sideways rain for the next couple days :(

Yeah, I live just south of Portland--it is pouring here. Not sure when VooDoo became a Portland thing--I've never had one.

My long recoveries were times when I caught up on reading, watching movies and TV shows that I had missed. I also took up jewelry making, learned to knit and started a bunch of other hobbies.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Technically nobody HAS to shave anything. Rail against social norms! :wink: Down with percieved gender expectations!

Or just do whatever feels good to you!

Lol, that too of course.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welp. Here I am. Sitting on the couch, batch of cookies in the oven, already near my personal calorie max of 1500... MFP set me at 2040. So... Maybe I'll just eat 2-3...
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • TheVogonVegan
    edited March 2015
    Options

• ZiggySquish
    ZiggySquish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Then the next day we went to VooDoo doughnuts and my last meal before my surgery was 3 delicious doughnuts- a captn crunch one, a mango tango, and a rasperry filled one with icing. somehow I didnt feel as guilty after that though, perhaps it was the "this could be my last meal" thoughts or at least "last enjoyable meal for a week or two while I'm recovering"

Portlander?

Its the closest city, im a beach dweller :) Not a lot to do here during winter, and even less when you have a total recovery time of 6 months. I'm a week and a day into it and i'm already going nuts. At least i'll be able to move better by the time summer comes.

I guess I should find a new thread on ideas for recovery time blues and exercises, I feel like walking probably the best right now, but its pouring down sideways rain for the next couple days :(

Yeah, I live just south of Portland--it is pouring here. Not sure when VooDoo became a Portland thing--I've never had one.

My long recoveries were times when I caught up on reading, watching movies and TV shows that I had missed. I also took up jewelry making, learned to knit and started a bunch of other hobbies.

Yes, movies worked for this last week, now I am getting started on a few books. Dovekeepers and The Brothers K.

While I've been on this thread, I've thought of some other things I should confess to..

I've eaten a half gallon of icecream in one sitting. (Tillamook Marionberry Pie)
    I ate an entire package of oreos with 2 pints of milk, simply because i was reading one of those quizzes that people fill out about themselves and that was a question on it and it made me think how delicious that could possibly be, and then I could answer 'yes'...
    two boxes of kraft mac&cheese, and several hours of Final Fantasy 7
    any time I go out to sushi I over indulge, I live 2 hours away and only go 3-5 times a year so I walk in and roll out..
  • TheVogonVegan
    Options
    I confess that I hate that MFP won't let you just delete your post and only edit it...which is why when I double posted I just wanted to delete them and ended up making a mess. XD
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I confess that I hate that MFP won't let you just delete your post and only edit it...which is why when I double posted I just wanted to delete them and ended up making a mess. XD

Agree. Software sucks
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I confess that doing the spring leg shave is on my to do list this weekend.

That's OK. I just shaved my pits for the first time in weeks. I guess I let the girly grooming go a little bit.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'd love to ride bikes for exercise, but I don't know how! I never learned how to ride a bike and I feel like I'm too old to learn now lol

I have never heard of this before in my life until now.

You're not to old. Just to it!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    confession: I'm up extremely early on a Sunday to watch the F1 which will contain a fry up and beers at some point :)
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'd love to ride bikes for exercise, but I don't know how! I never learned how to ride a bike and I feel like I'm too old to learn now lol

I have never heard of this before in my life until now.

You're not to old. Just to it!

I agree--go learn how! It's never too late.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    For a variety of reasons, I can't go out dancing tonight. I confess that I am not sure what to do with myself.

I am hanging out online and pouting.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    For a variety of reasons, I can't go out dancing tonight. I confess that I am not sure what to do with myself.

I'm listening to the Bee Gees if you want to daince.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I wish I were as skillful at tuning out noises as some of you guys in this thread. I'd like to get back into reading since I haven't done that since the Harry Potter series, but it's very rare that I can sit in a quiet room for hours at a time without anyone bothering me or watching TV/playing video games. I feel like I need to leave the house just to get some reading done, but I have no idea where I'd go. Barnes & Noble took out their couch.

Reading is a discipline, like anything else. If you need to go out to read, libraries, coffee shops, Panera, wherever, can be a good option. Sometimes I put on headphones and don't listen to anything, just as a social cue to others that I don't want to be interrupted.

Or at home, you can just hide in a closet with a flashlight, sit in the bathroom, or read before bed. Those were my childhood insomniac reading habits.

Ok, not a confession, but when I was a teenager we had an airing cupboard (is this a thing in other countries, a cupboard with the hot water tank with shelves for sheets and towels and laundry and stuff...), where there was quite a bit of space in the front and my dad always kept the house pretty cold, but I've always been a cold person and I used to sit and read in the airing cupboard where it was warm. Once the catch in the door broke and I sat getting rapidly more claustrophobic and hotter for what felt like forever while my dad took the handle off.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    And my confession is I just stayed out til gone 1am getting drunk with someone from senior management at the company I work for. Which isn't so bad, except this is the third director I've got drunk with in a fortnight. I don't know if this is helping or hindering my career. Actually, tonight was fun and I think maybe irrelevant to it, but maybe a habit I should think about breaking.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Confession: I had to go to YouTube to remind myself what the Bee Gees sound like...

I think that I learned the hustle at some point...that's what you do to Stayin' Alive, right?
  • ncboiler89
    Options

Confession: I had to go to YouTube to remind myself what the Bee Gees sound like...

I think that I learned the hustle at some point...that's what you do to Stayin' Alive, right?

No no no. Stayin' Alive sucks
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

No no no. Stayin' Alive sucks

I'm kind of liking One, but it seems like it must have been one of their later songs. It's also a song I remember from my teenaged years. Which songs don't suck?

I'm listening to some random stuff...and finding it awfully mellow.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Hey, dancing is exercise. I thought that you did not like exercise! ;)