Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Confession: I waited until my boyfriend left for his soccer game before hopping in my car to pick up food from Jack in the Box. I've been doing really well lately and I know he's proud of me, so I didn't want him to see me do it. I've done this a couple times in the past, too.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Confession: It's almost that TOM and I'm starving today. I was doing pretty well and went on a long walk and worked out. I ate reasonably well and was under my calories for the day. However, I then decided to eat half a bag of cadbury mini chocolate eggs, some chips and cheese and some peanuts. Didn't log the food and to make matters worse, I didn't even enjoy it. My stomach hurts and I feel awful. Waste of calories. :neutral_face:
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I still am, actually. I force myself to be extroverted because that's who I want to be.

If this makes any sense, I am a shy extrovert. I am shy until I get to know someone, but then, I am the least shy person ever...and sometimes have no filter at all. By definition, though, I am definitely an extrovert, in that I like to be with people. Most people really enjoy their "alone" time, but I don't care if I am ever alone again. Sometimes when I am home alone with my 2yo, I want to wake her from her nap so we can play!

I don't know what to call myself. I'm sooooo awkward around strangers, new acquaintences, etc. I wouldn't even say shy, just extremely awkward. I don't know how to use my body correctly. Words don't come out correctly or make sense at all. It's awful. So then I stay fairly quiet and people take that as me being rude, standoffish, or just a general b!tch.

Once I get to know you, I am so friendly, flamboyant, and crazy.

Those two combined, I'm surprised I have any friends at all.

This is me to a T. I'm autistic and don't always know if what I am doing is socially inappropriate so I come across as very awkward to people who don't know me. That and people confuse the fact that I am sometimes unable to speak with me being rude or ignoring them.

Confession: I have recently developed an obsession with honey sriracha sauce

Confession: I used to put Twizzlers in my popcorn and the theater (don't knock it until you've tried it)

Confession: I bought a Garmin vivosmart all of a week ago and am already trying to find the ways to thwart the move bar (which, ironically, buzzed just as I finished writing this sentence... I've been reading this thread for way too long)

Edited for grammar.
  • Monkieboo2014
    Monkieboo2014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've done so many of these. Lol.
    I also sometimes weigh foods before and after cooking, just to see what the difference is.
    And before mfp, I lost about 20 lbs doing medical weight loss, but am too embarrassed to admit that most of the time. Don't know why. It certainly got me going in the right direction, was under medical supervision, and working with a nutritionist. But still feel embarrassed.
  • kenziekatastrophe
    Options
    I ate four donuts while trying to get into ketosis. I'm so ashamed, after the first two I was like ugh what the heck.

My excuse is I work in A bakery. Hard to diet with temptation at your finger tips 5hours a day :(

I have a lot of work to do on my self control to get this diet rolling. :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I also sometimes weigh foods before and after cooking, just to see what the difference is.
    And before mfp, I lost about 20 lbs doing medical weight loss, but am too embarrassed to admit that most of the time. Don't know why. It certainly got me going in the right direction, was under medical supervision, and working with a nutritionist. But still feel embarrassed.

What is medical weight loss?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I wish you could "like" comments on here

When I first started posting I wasn't really paying attention and thought the flag meant "like"...so, yeah, sorry! People were probably like WTH?

This made me laugh!! I also wish there was a like button!!
  • lisaknight318
    lisaknight318 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.

Haha! I did that last night / this morning! Shared a peanut butter snickers bar at 1am, logged it for today :stuck_out_tongue:

• Monkieboo2014
    Monkieboo2014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

What is medical weight loss?

For me, appetite suppressant prescription medication, along with seeing a doctor, weighing in and meeting with a nutritionist to figure out meal plans at least once a month. The part that most people think is terrible is taking "diet pills", aka appetite suppressants.

• lisaknight318
    lisaknight318 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I never log my cheat day/meal because I know I'll be too ashamed of myself seeing how much I've gone over my calorie goal.

I like logging my cheat days, I may consume more than my weight loss calorie goal but it's usually not as much as I think. Then when you complete the entry and mfp tells you that if you eat like that every day, you'll only be half a kilo more in 5 weeks, it reminds you how awesome cheat days are and to get straight back into it the next day.
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have 6 more pounds to loose before I'm my pre-pregnancy weight. I still feel terrible about myself because that weight isn't the weight I want to be. I should be happy I've lost this much (I was logging with loseit) but I just feel like ths is not a good enough number. Even though I keep getting compliments from family.
  • islandgnome
    Options
    I can go all day eating healthy then as soon as my kids go to bed and I'm alone I eat until I feel like I'm going to puke. Binge eating...how do you stop?
  • carolynavelar
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Just before my period, I get huge cravings for really bad-for-me food... This week, in 2 days I ate a whole package of Oreos. (But I had them with skim milk! Does that help at all?)
    I really wish menopause would happen soon. (No chance; it's probably at least another 5 years away.) :disappointed:
    The rest of the month, I can take it or leave it. Those few days, no cookie or chip is safe.
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.
    I used to do that all the time, but it was more than 2 spoonsful. :sob:
    It's much too good. Now I don't think I even have any in the house.
    funjen1972 wrote:
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    I always change my socks & underwear, but the shorts, bra, & t-shirt get aired out. In the summer I hang them & my towels on the clothesline outside before I even go into the house from the gym.

Actually, the bra gets hand-washed once a week. The shorts & shirt, in the laundry maybe every other week. And I was just given a second pair of shorts that fit, so maybe they'll only go for a week from now on!

• carolynavelar
    Options
    ......I ate 2 In-N-Out double doubles back to back with fries one night because I was PMSing and stressing out.....I felt so guilty! I couldn't look at myself in the mirror the next day......
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I missed the cutoff date for joining a team on the 5 boro bike tour and I'm afraid I won't have anyone to talk to.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My confession: I rarely hit 5,000 steps on my FitBit. I feel like crap about it, every day, and I won't add any more friends on there because I don't want to feel even worse.

Same here! My step 'goal' is set at 2500 and I don't always make that. :/

My confession is that I eat Scotch mints every day and don't log them anymore because I have no idea how many I've had. Been eating them since I quit smoking 34 years ago. Damn, that's a lot of mints (not to mention sugar)!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    So after hurting myself yesterday trying to "earn" the 800 calorie ice cream I found out from the doctor that I can't run for three months and I need physical therapy for some kind of ruptured tendon. I got so depressed I ate over 1000 calories past my goal. How's that for a kick in the *kitten*?

I'm sorry that totally blows :(
  • threnjen
    edited March 2015
    Options
    triple post MFP blip >.<
  • threnjen
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ... double post, MFP blip...
  • threnjen
    Options
    kirstinlee wrote: »
    I've lost anywhere from five to eight pounds in the last week (new scale) but it's still not good enough for me. I know I basically couldn't have possibly lost any more in that amount of time, but I'm still beating myself up over it for literally no reason.
    Also, my husband likes me overweight and tells me that every day, and I'm afraid he's going to leave me once I hit my goal weight. I know it's just his deep rooted self esteem issues rearing their ugly head, but it still hurts.

To the first part... It's not even possible to lose that much real weight in a week. Did you just start? First week is water weight. I think you should talk to someone if that is not enough because 2lbs a week is the best you can hope for and that is if you are very obese.

Second part... :( Why would you think he will leave you? Have you talked to him about this?