Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    ... double post, MFP blip...

Phew. It's not just me, lol.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

I have two close friends, but I only see them every few months because they are always so busy.

I don't have any friends or people in my life with similar interests. My gym partner will workout with me, but only once or twice a week and doesn't take it as seriously as me. I'd like to go hiking/biking and travel to different places to do those things, but if I ask anyone to go for a walk they look at me like I grew a second head. I also suck at making new friends due to my social awkwardness.

My confession: I am scared to date or even try to approach someone I find attractive because I assume their reaction will be "ewwww". And I also feel that I am not attractive or good enough to even deserve to have someone love me. It makes me sad that I feel this way, but I don't know how to change it.

I don't have any tips to try to help you change this thinking, but all I can tell you is that is not at ALL how I perceive you just from your posts here! You seem very confident and like a lot of fun. I hope you can change that mindset because you DO deserve to be loved and appreciated for who you are.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    My other confession is that I'm worried my brother is developing a drinking problem. He used to have a couple drinks on the weekend, and then there were a couple here & there throughout the week and now it seems like he's having multiple drinks almost every night. He goes to work, comes home then plays video games or watches TV for 5 or 6 hours (We are roommates so I see him every day).

I don't know how to approach him on it because he gets defensive really easily (about anything remotely serious you try to discuss) and will just walk away. I don't want to make him feel judged because then I'm worried he'll start drinking in secret, which is much worse.

This was my boyfriend a couple of years ago. He could have 6+ cans a night. It turned out that he had been secretly shopping online and had maxed out 3 credit cards and a loan. When it got to the point he couldn't make the payments, he cracked and told me everything. I lent him as much money as I dared and then sorted out a repayment plan with him. He stopped (or massively slowed down) after that. So I would say there is something else happening to cause him to drink, solve that and you solve the drinking.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    I used to make butter sandwiches. Butter? Good. Bread? Good.

It really is a wonder how I ended up overweight.

I would put my daughter to bed, grab a sleeve of saltines and a stick of butter, and go to town.

If a can of sweetened condensed milk enters my home, I will eat it with a spoon. I will also risk cutting up my tongue by licking the remnants off the can lid. Tetanus schmetanus.

Omg! Me too! Sweetened condensed milk has been my kryptonite my whole life!
  • plutonianfrog
    Options
    After/before work its fine to get started exercising but if I don't get a chance I won't do anything at home. I keep trying exercise videos and I keep failing to do them.

Also doesn't help I have 0 willpower when I get home, I see some remotely bad4u thing and I can't eat just one I have to wipeout that mess. I've even had to ban white rice at home because I'll binge on it.

I've been fat and my weight (220) since at least 3rd/4th grade so it's a huge change even thinking about losing the weight. I also have a bunch of issues seeing weight loss as a change of identity, something I may or may not deserve etc.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    My other confession is that I'm worried my brother is developing a drinking problem. He used to have a couple drinks on the weekend, and then there were a couple here & there throughout the week and now it seems like he's having multiple drinks almost every night. He goes to work, comes home then plays video games or watches TV for 5 or 6 hours (We are roommates so I see him every day).

I don't know how to approach him on it because he gets defensive really easily (about anything remotely serious you try to discuss) and will just walk away. I don't want to make him feel judged because then I'm worried he'll start drinking in secret, which is much worse.

My husband started to drink too much and I felt comfortable talking to him about it but wouldn't be sure how to broach the issue with my brother. Is there someone who he confides in who might be a better person to discuss it with him, or a third roommate? Is there a deeper reason for the drinking like depression or a breakup?
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My coworker and I were just talking smack about our boss because we thought we were the only ones in the office. Nope, he's here and heard it all...

Oooh, ouch! Sorry about that. What has happened since? Awkward silence? Hope you don't have negative repercussions.

Such an awkward silence... He hasn't said anything to me at all today! I mean, we weren't saying anything too bad. Just that we thought no one was there so we should be watching the tv and leaving early. And I did say how he never comes in on Fridays, and when he does he leaves early....

Bet he won't today!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

I have two close friends, but I only see them every few months because they are always so busy.

I don't have any friends or people in my life with similar interests. My gym partner will workout with me, but only once or twice a week and doesn't take it as seriously as me. I'd like to go hiking/biking and travel to different places to do those things, but if I ask anyone to go for a walk they look at me like I grew a second head. I also suck at making new friends due to my social awkwardness.

My confession: I am scared to date or even try to approach someone I find attractive because I assume their reaction will be "ewwww". And I also feel that I am not attractive or good enough to even deserve to have someone love me. It makes me sad that I feel this way, but I don't know how to change it.

I don't have any tips to try to help you change this thinking, but all I can tell you is that is not at ALL how I perceive you just from your posts here! You seem very confident and like a lot of fun. I hope you can change that mindset because you DO deserve to be loved and appreciated for who you are.

I was actually on my way back to delete this because I felt like I was throwing myself a pity party.

As for seeming confident here, that's the power of anonymity ;) I have zero self confidence around the opposite sex. I don't know why, I've never been rejected with an "ewww, gross" so I suppose it's just because that's how I can view myself so I think others do too.

And the not deserving part, I was in a relationship last year and this guy was (seemed) amazing. He was so good to me and made me feel really good about myself (no small feat). I found myself thinking "what makes me so special that I would deserve something this good?". And then when he broke up with me it just kind of cemented the thinking that I don't deserve it (even though he had a totally bogus reason for dumping me).
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options

I hate that you feel that way. You are beautiful! Have you considered therapy for low self-esteem?
    And I do think most people feel awkward socially a lot of the time . It's just some people are better at covering it up than others. I think once I realized that, I felt better about my anxiety. Also the old adage that most people are too worried about their own looks/failings/insecurities to even notice mine. Everyone is wrapped up in their own shizzle. We are all insecure.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I am 3.5 months pregnant. It's been years since I had my last child, and I had conveniently forgotten that being pregnant is not fun. Throwing up, sore boobs, constipation, random steel-wire chin hairs that appear like radio antennae every single night....I just 'popped' and look like I'm 6 months gone (leading to my MIL asking if I had my dates wrong). Oh, and I really, really want a big plate of sushi and several ice cold beers. I dream about it (especially the beer!) Only 6 months to go..

Congratulations! That's so awesome! Not the sore boobs & constipation, but you know!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

My husband started to drink too much and I felt comfortable talking to him about it but wouldn't be sure how to broach the issue with my brother. Is there someone who he confides in who might be a better person to discuss it with him, or a third roommate? Is there a deeper reason for the drinking like depression or a breakup?

I think it has to do with being unhappy at work and in his current relationship. He's 28, they've been together over 10 years. They don't even act like a couple, I think they're just both so comfortable neither wants to do anything about it.

I don't think his girlfriend will say anything because I don't think she cares. He doesn't have a lot of friends either, and it would be worse if my parents broached the subject.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

This was my boyfriend a couple of years ago. He could have 6+ cans a night. It turned out that he had been secretly shopping online and had maxed out 3 credit cards and a loan. When it got to the point he couldn't make the payments, he cracked and told me everything. I lent him as much money as I dared and then sorted out a repayment plan with him. He stopped (or massively slowed down) after that. So I would say there is something else happening to cause him to drink, solve that and you solve the drinking.

That is very good thinking. Yes, try to see if there is something that has caused the increase in the drinking and work from there.
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    OMG - I love this post. Ok, I'll confess... I actually ate at least 4 lemon Oreos in the car on my home from my mom's (she only lives a mile away) rather than eat them in front of my husband.... then snuck 4 more later in the kitchen while he was watching tv! :blush:
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I was actually on my way back to delete this because I felt like I was throwing myself a pity party.

As for seeming confident here, that's the power of anonymity ;) I have zero self confidence around the opposite sex. I don't know why, I've never been rejected with an "ewww, gross" so I suppose it's just because that's how I can view myself so I think others do too.

And the not deserving part, I was in a relationship last year and this guy was (seemed) amazing. He was so good to me and made me feel really good about myself (no small feat). I found myself thinking "what makes me so special that I would deserve something this good?". And then when he broke up with me it just kind of cemented the thinking that I don't deserve it (even though he had a totally bogus reason for dumping me).

Well that sucks. I know it doesn't seem like it, but you dodged a bullet there! Good thing you didn't waste too much time on him since he obviously turned out to be wrong for you. Do you think he told you the truth as to why he broke up with you or was he trying to cover up or hide something? Totally nosy on my part. I understand if you don't want to disclose any more info. Either way, use this as a learning experience and move on.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I am 3.5 months pregnant. It's been years since I had my last child, and I had conveniently forgotten that being pregnant is not fun. Throwing up, sore boobs, constipation, random steel-wire chin hairs that appear like radio antennae every single night....I just 'popped' and look like I'm 6 months gone (leading to my MIL asking if I had my dates wrong). Oh, and I really, really want a big plate of sushi and several ice cold beers. I dream about it (especially the beer!) Only 6 months to go..

Congratulations! That's so awesome! Not the sore boobs & constipation, but you know!

Thank you! With any luck in a few months the chin hairs will be so bad I will have a splendid beard to rival yours!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I have a new confession. There are some people (a couple of men I can think of) on this MFP Community that are complete asssssholes and I wish diarrhea on them every time I read one of their stupid comments trying to ridicule other posters.

That's awesome. :)

Whenever someone incites my rage, I use all my mental energy to wish their drink falls into their lap. I have a whole little mental scenario dreamed up. ..

"That's right, jerk! You're just having a peaceful dinner and you randomly knock your beverage into your lap. F you! I wished that on you! Lol"
  • 10ecmuscle
    10ecmuscle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think of sex 99.9999% of the day. My confession
  • rinteusp
    rinteusp Posts: 37 Member
    Options

This was me. After my divorce, I was single through a large portion of my 20's and early 30's because I was afraid of rejection, felt so bad about myself that I couldn't imagine getting naked in front of someone, and just generally sucked at life. If I hadn't reconnected with someone I had dated years ago, I'd still be single.

For what it's worth, I think you're gorgeous and intelligent, and anyone would be damn lucky if you chose them to date. I know it doesn't make it better or easier, but it is true.

(Hugs)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I think it has to do with being unhappy at work and in his current relationship. He's 28, they've been together over 10 years. They don't even act like a couple, I think they're just both so comfortable neither wants to do anything about it.

I don't think his girlfriend will say anything because I don't think she cares. He doesn't have a lot of friends either, and it would be worse if my parents broached the subject.

Sounds like he's in a rut. I went through a brief period a few years ago when I would make a couple drinks (or 3) every evening when I got home due to sheer boredom. It made things seem not a boring, temporarily, but I knew it was dangerous so I put a stop to that.

Anyway, since you said he comes home every night to video games and TV it sounds like he could use some hobbies and activities that get him out and active. Anything you could suggest for him?
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    My coworker and I were just talking smack about our boss because we thought we were the only ones in the office. Nope, he's here and heard it all...

Oooh, ouch! Sorry about that. What has happened since? Awkward silence? Hope you don't have negative repercussions.

Such an awkward silence... He hasn't said anything to me at all today! I mean, we weren't saying anything too bad. Just that we thought no one was there so we should be watching the tv and leaving early. And I did say how he never comes in on Fridays, and when he does he leaves early....

Bet he won't today!

Ha! You are so right. I guess my punishment is I'm stuck here too!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    10ecmuscle wrote: »
    I think of sex 99.9999% of the day. My confession

This is pretty normal for men, I do to, and it's not so normal for a woman.