Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    caryb2015 wrote: »
    shannonbun wrote: »
    My boyfriend just sent me some chocolate and candy from England (he's there, I'm in the US) and I already hid it away so I wouldn't binge on it. One day I can touch it, but not for quite a while!

Kinda sad that I have to hide the food not to eat it...

This never works for me. I have never, ever forgotten where I hide chocolate or candy.

You have to be drunk when you hide it. Or so I've been told.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »
    I recently realized my husbands current picture of me on his phone that pops up when I call is a shot of my cleavage.. And my confession is I thought it was cute. He also has a nice picture of me as his background so the cleavage shot is only when I call
    My last two confessions have been deep and feelful. Here's some small ones to lighten the mood!

Confession: I have Siri set to call me, "Oh, Great Bearded One." When she responds, "What do you need me to do, Oh Great Bearded One?" I lol. Every time.

Confession: Earlier this week, I worked from home an extra day and blamed it on Thing 1 not feeling good and needing to be around in case he had to be picked up from daycare. Today at noon, daycare called and told me to come pick up Thing 2 because she wasn't feeling well.

Confession: My wife is, um, top heavy. I have various boob-related nicknames for her, and by various I mean at least more than 10. For a while, her name in my phone was Lady Popems McBoobsalot.

My husband's nickname for me is Boob. Sometimes it's Boobah, but mostly it's just Boob.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    -I used to make fun of cats but now we own two of them and I'm a "closet" cat person.

Cats are wonderful. You just have accept that they own you and it's all on their terms. I love dogs but am rarely home so can't have them. I adore my cats. And they adore me. I never understand people who don't like cats. (No judgement just lack of understanding).

Confession: I not only do not like cats, but I hate them. I am allergic to them, which doesn't help, but I know that is not their fault.

Our neighbors cats are always in my yard, my flower beds are full of *kitten* and one will not even grow anything in it anymore because the cats have pissed in it so much. Every spring, when the snow melts and I have to go clean up two five-gallon pails of cat poo, I silently plot their deaths.

The neighbors don't do anything about it, no matter how much we complain. My husband is the mayor and the only thing they can do about it is set up cat traps and charge a fee for them to get their cats back.

I effing HATE cats!
    It is the neighbours you should be directing your anger at, but I get it. There used to be a couple cats in my neighbourhood that would piss in my front garden. I get mad at the owners because they should have some consideration and control their animals. I take measures to ensure my pet is contained and cleaned up after, so should everyone else!

Confession: I weighed out an actual serving of mini eggs last night. So disappointing. Ignorance really is bliss, because ignorance = more mini eggs.

ETA: I don't know why the quote thing isn't working right.

My cats are indoor. I would wig out at them being outdoor cats I would be terrified they would get hit by a car. All are fixed and use litter boxes. And are so excited when I get home and snuggle up and purr like freight trains after they have eaten. I love having cats.

I do not understand people that let their cats outside, it is so dangerous for them!

Well, it depends. I grew up in France, where a lot of people leave their cats out. When I got my cat, I lived in a tiny apartment, but when I moved to the US with my now husband, he had 3 indoor/outdoor cats... I couldn't exactly stop my cat from going out. Plus now that we have kids, let's say that I'm glad I don't have to freak out every time they leave the doors open. At least when I started letting my cat outside I was with her at first to make sure she didn't do anything stupid... when a cat bolts out and freaks out because he's never been out, it's way worse. She's older now anyway and only goes out two minutes at a time, and doesn't leave the front yard. But 5 years ago when we moved to an apartment for a year and we had to leave her inside, she peed everywhere.

My next cats will be indoor cats though (I'll have to buy some screens for the windows and change the back screendoor, but heck). Not that I'm worried they'd get hit (we always lived on very quiet streets), but because I don't want young cats wrecking havoc in my neighbors' yards... But I'll have two... I think a cat inside alone would be bored. Hopefully by then the kids will be old enough to close the doors.

My confession, um... I bought 12 donuts for 7 people yesterday, and I had 1.5, and put the leftover in the fridge because I don't like cold donuts (arguably, some had cream anyway and should be in the fridge overnight). So at least I'm not tempted now... but I'm considering a trip to the bakery to get a cupcake or something..

Also it's my first rest day in like 3 weeks and I'm feeling guilty.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Here is a random confession/ fact brough on by reading people talk about finally being able to wear thier wedding rings again.. I have freakishly small hands, skinny and short fingers, and wrists. My ring finger is a 4 and my rings fit at 227 and at 150. Actually my left hand finger my ering is sized to a 3 3/4 so it won't slip off.

I am 5 9 and wear a 9 1/2 shoe and even at goal have a bigger frame esp hips and sholders.

When I shop for rings the salespeople never believe me and resize my hand everytime. BUT rings look great on me since I can wear a small stone and have it look huge LOL My bracelets all have to be kid size since my wrists is like 5 inches.

my husband calls them chicken wrists or my burger king hands (old commerical).

The hardest thing I did when learning to ride my motorcycle (harley softail deluxe)is figure out how to get my hands to operate the control with my tiny finger span.

It sort looks like someone put a much smaller persons hand at the end of my arms.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I hate the rhetoric around food in advertising. "Sinfully rich" and "guilt-free" and all of that *kitten*. (Also, "low fat!" I don't care about fat, I care about calories and sometimes carbohydrates.)
    You shouldn't feel guilty about eating a cookie, and it's definitely not a sin to be ashamed of. It's just food. :x
    it makes me feel stabby.

So agree.

I also hate it when someone is buying a cookie or something in line ahead of you and feels compelled to make a comment like "just being bad today." I've had this happen a bunch of times and I always just smile and nod, but it drives me crazy. Pretty much only women my age or older, though, so maybe it's getting less common, who knows.
  • sohsoapie
    sohsoapie Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I confess to eating cold stone everyday this week :s
  • freegrace
    freegrace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Caught up on this thread this morning and saw lots of posts about introvert/extrovert. I am definately an introvert. If I take a test for it, I score at almost 100% introvert. This has a number of consequences related to MFP.

1. I never send friend requests even though I may find a poster very interesting. I feel like I don't want to force myself on anyone.

2. I prefer to work out alone. I attend one group class because I know the instructor, but hate it when she tells me I'm doing a good job because I don't like the attention.

3. I don't like it at all when people ask me how much weight I've lost. It feels intrusive. I don't mind talking to MFP folks or friends who are trying to achieve the same thing. Otherwise, I can't figure out why they would care about my weight.

There is probably more, but that's what I can think of for now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I got the feeling that most people who spend a lot of time on message boards are introverts, lol.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I ate 3000 calories yesterday and today I feel awful
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sohsoapie wrote: »

Jealous! Love me some Cold Stone!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My weekend was awesome food wise until Saturday night, stupid trivia,where I snacked on Pickles rolled in ham and cream cheese, tostitos, hummus, a pickled hot dog, and about 2 gallons of diet pepsi. when I say snacked on, I mean, was eating it like I was in a buffet line. gobbledygook, gotta wait for my sodium levels to even out so I can see how much of this weight is water retention.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    ethim wrote: »

Definitely this. For various reasons I've always felt the odd one out and that friendships I have made have faded/been cut off. Not only does this mean it's more difficult to make friends - the more I put in the harder it will hurt when it ends - it also means I've grown pretty independent. I go on holiday alone, go to gigs alone, go to the cinema alone, go on excursions to art galleries/hiking/museums/new places alone. Sometimes I like it - I can do what I want... but I do feel ALONE.

I have a bunch of great, great friends (not trying to rub it in or anything) and I still like to go and do things on my own. Not having to consider "will everyone be able to eat something at this restaurant?" Or "if i invite my homies will i get stuck paying for their broke butts?" do great things for my psyche. Besides I really like being by myself. I am plotting on a one person vacation to Arizona, and am notorious for seeing movies by myself with a 40 stashed in my purse. I go to bars alone and read books while sipping martinis. More power to you for not depending on others to have some fun. Every person that is capable of being on their own will eventually make a great companion because you know who YOU are and what YOU want.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have something against Cold Stone because the last time I went, I was over charged for my Oreo mixin. A single cookie in a large order did not satisfy me.
  • tylyn6223
    Options
    Here's an embarrassing one, and unfortunately it's true. I hardly ever eat fast food, but after a few times of hearing my boyfriend tell me he was getting Wendy's during his break at work, I caved and went to Wendy's on my way home from class and ordered a chicken sandwich with fries and a drink. I then decided their original burger looked too good to pass up and pretended to be on the phone with someone when ordering like "What did you want? Just a regular burger no fries? Sure! Sounds good, be home soon" so the guy taking my order wouldn't think all of it was just for me (which of course, it was.) On my way home with Wendy's stinkin' up the car and staring me down just sitting in the passenger seat (oh yeah... I ate the burger and fries IN THE CAR on the way home. I had no willpower to wait :-/ ugh smh) I also stopped by McDonalds to buy a box of their fries too...... I ate everything else in one sitting when I got home. :-/

Can't believe I shared that. Happy to say I haven't done that since! Although I have given in and ordered fast food... All when my bf suggests it too! I should re-think having him around during my weight loss journey. :p but really, that's bad support.
  • Bulls_23
    Bulls_23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The first time I ever went to a frozen yogurt place was when I was like 25 and it was a first date. I'd never been to one so I assumed you just paid for the size of the cup. I'm loading this thing up with 3 different kinds of yogurt, reese's, sour patch kids, cookie dough....all that stuff and when I go to pay and they placed it on a scale I had an oh *kitten* moment and realized I was paying like $14 for that cup, which I could only eat about a quarter of because it was so dense!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Jealous! Love me som Cold Stone!
    Bulls_23 wrote: »
    The first time I ever went to a frozen yogurt place was when I was like 25 and it was a first date. I'd never been to one so I assumed you just paid for the size of the cup. I'm loading this thing up with 3 different kinds of yogurt, reese's, sour patch kids, cookie dough....all that stuff and when I go to pay and they placed it on a scale I had an oh *kitten* moment and realized I was paying like $14 for that cup, which I could only eat about a quarter of because it was so dense!

Hahahaha I did the same thing the first time I went to one of those too! I wasn't on a date though thank god :)
  • Bulls_23
    Bulls_23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Jealous! Love me som Cold Stone!
    Bulls_23 wrote: »

Hahahaha I did the same thing the first time I went to one of those too! I wasn't on a date though thank god :)

At least I'm not the only one! There's certain things you just don't know if no one's ever specifically told you! I think I've only had frozen yogurt once more since then, i've been scarred forever from froyo!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    ethim wrote: »

Definitely this. For various reasons I've always felt the odd one out and that friendships I have made have faded/been cut off. Not only does this mean it's more difficult to make friends - the more I put in the harder it will hurt when it ends - it also means I've grown pretty independent. I go on holiday alone, go to gigs alone, go to the cinema alone, go on excursions to art galleries/hiking/museums/new places alone. Sometimes I like it - I can do what I want... but I do feel ALONE.

I have a bunch of great, great friends (not trying to rub it in or anything) and I still like to go and do things on my own. Not having to consider "will everyone be able to eat something at this restaurant?" Or "if i invite my homies will i get stuck paying for their broke butts?" do great things for my psyche. Besides I really like being by myself. I am plotting on a one person vacation to Arizona, and am notorious for seeing movies by myself with a 40 stashed in my purse. I go to bars alone and read books while sipping martinis. More power to you for not depending on others to have some fun. Every person that is capable of being on their own will eventually make a great companion because you know who YOU are and what YOU want.

I dont have tons of friends, but now that my kids are a little older I kind of can't wait to plan a solo weekend away. Other moms have acted like I was nuts when I said that, but I fully trust their dad to take care of them, and I really hate the idea that moms can't take a break every now and then without feeling guilty.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    My sister and I are 7.5 years apart (I am older). We have nothing in common and I seriously think one of us was adopted. We barely talk and have nothing in common. I wish my sister was my friend.

I don't really have much in common with my sister, either but we get along
    amehh91 wrote: »
    amehh91 wrote: »
    My son's dad is a real douche, he greatly contributed to my PND issues after I had my son (cheating, not contributing to rent and racking up debt in my name, no baby help, verbally abusive, smashed my belongings etcetc). I finally left when my son was 18 months and he has refused to see him since just before his 2nd birthday and he constantly quits jobs so he doesn't have to pay child maintenance.
    Confession: I still feel just as peed off about it now as I did in the beginning and I'm not a particularly angry person but I have fantasised about bumping into him and having my say about the whole thing (I have held my tongue for my sons sake).
    2nd confession: I feel guilty about still letting confession 1 get to me as it has been nearly 2 years since I left and I think everyone thinks I should just get over it now.
    3rd confession: I'm making damn sure that if I do bump into him again (not likely as I had to move counties to get away from him) I am going to look super hot and he will know he didn't break me and me and my son are far better off without him.

Phew it feels good to get that off my chest!

Don't let the anger consume you, but something like that does take a long time to get over - especially when you have a little one who you see being affected by it every day. I unfortunately know from experience. It took me about 3 years to stop feeling deeply upset. I still wouldn't mind if my ex got hit by a car.

It sucks doesn't it? Don't worry, day to day I'm fine and don't think of it, its the nights I can't sleep and the mind wanders or if, for example, child maintenance phone to say they still can't find him in a job *eye roll*

It is less severe than it was so I guess time IS healing, I just want it to heal faster!

Confession - went out today with a friend and my son, have worked hard this week and banked an extra 600 cals for whatever delights lunch might have been and ended up with a sandwich and an apple (didn't fancy anything else once we were there!) So I am perfectly able to stay in my calories today...but I might just have the extra 600 anyway...because why the hell not?

Edit for spelling

My kids' sperm donor was also a complete douche and sounds similar to yours. My kids are 21 and 20 now and haven't seen or heard from him in probably 15 years. You'd be most blessed if this happened to you, too. My kids wouldn't recognize their father if they ran into him in the street (not likely since none of us live near him). Sometimes, this is the best possible scenario, sadly. I've apologized to my kids for their lack of a father in their life, it's my fault for choosing so poorly when I was young. They are both older now than I was when I had them.
  • girlperson666
    girlperson666 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    After weeks of dieting, (i was on livestrong before here,) the scale finally budged... I dropped more than seven pounds in the six days! And not even a little bit hungry! I thought I must have finally cracked the code, all my hard work added up, or something like that... turns out those sniffles I noticed myself getting last week are actually PNEUMONIA. I've lost weight because i have no appetite because i have freaking pneumonia.