Any girls here that are trying to gain weight?

Options

Replies

• MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am too! I've struggled with gaining/maintaining weight all my life. I was up to 100 lbs once, but mostly float in the mid to low 90s. I have a job where I'm on my feet a lot and I don't always have time for a real lunch - this, combined with a lack of focus on my diet, caused me to recently lose several pounds over the past few months. I'm almost 30 and weigh 88.4 lbs -yikes!!
    I've been having health issues and my doctor told me I need to get my weight up to at least 94 fast. My ultimate goal is 98.
    Good luck to everyone else! Feel free to add me!

This is pretty similar to what I am going through. At one point about 3-4 years ago I go up to the 120-130 range. Two years ago I fell to 105 and have been unable to gain a pound since. After most recently dropping to 100 and receiving several comments about looking sick and being to skinny I started using MFP.

I'm trying really hard to make my calorie goals but fall short most days. I burned about 340 calories today at work. The time of my weight loss correlates with when I changed positions at work, going from a fairly sedentary job, to a very active on. I'm so used to the being on the move at work I feel the need to exercise on my days off.
  • smolina0
    smolina0 Posts: 2
    Options
    Trying to gain muscle and tone up. I have always been petite and below 100lbs at 5ft and a half.

I am trying this app out and keep track of my calories intake for next month or so. I don't run as much now ( lose too much weight ) but I have been rock climbing ( bouldering ) at my local gym about 2-3x a week. When it's nice out, I try climbing outdoors as well.

It's nice to see there are others who want to gain weight too. Feel free to add me as a friend too! :)

Me too! i'm trying to gain 15-20 lbs :)

• stephmaries1983
    Options
    I'm bulking until the end of March. I was 107lbs and am now at 120lbs. Which was my goal this time. I'm 5'5. I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, lift weights and do cardio inclines on the treadmill. So I have a super fast metabolism. I was always having a hard time gaining weight until I started counting my macros and eating more carbs. So far so good. Most of my gains are in my booty, biceps, shoulders and calves.
  • temptingtammy
    Options
    Nezz123 wrote: »
    Yup. I'm too underweight, low-energy, and weak. I'm about 95 lbs, with a goal weight of around 100-105lb. But I want to gain most of it as muscle and just improve my overall functional fitness.

This right here is why I'm trying to gain weight!
    It's a lifelong struggle, to be honest. It's good to see there are more girls like me out there who are trying to gain weight, because normally when you say you want/need to gain weight, people just snort or give you weird looks. Like our challenges aren't challenges! ;-)

• MissMary75044
    Options
    Yup. I'm too underweight, low-energy, and weak. I'm about 95 lbs, with a goal weight of around 100-105lb. But I want to gain most of it as muscle and just improve my overall functional fitness.

It's a lifelong struggle, to be honest. It's good to see there are more girls like me out there who are trying to gain weight, because normally when you say you want/need to gain weight, people just snort or give you weird looks. Like our challenges aren't challenges! ;-)

OMG, yes people responses are so odd or they act like it's easy and to just load on junk food or fast food. I want calories, but healthy calories.

• bevulnerablehavejoy
    Options
    me!
  • bevulnerablehavejoy
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and started at 73 lbs and am now at 93 :) goal is 100 at least
  • PMSing247
    PMSing247 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I get the look all the time and the question, "why would you want to gain weight? When you get my age you aren't going to want this weight!!" Well when I get your age I am going to have healthy weight and look sexy. Not everybody wants to be small! These are challenges as well and just because they are different doesn't mean they aren't challenges!
  • MissMary75044
    Options
    I made my calorie goal for the day and a few surplus calories. Consumed 2600 calories today, and burned 260, which is a little less than normal. I had a 1200 calorie sandwich for dinner. Made my goal without drinking an Ensure, pretty happy about today.
  • keishapower19
    Options
    bedtime444 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering as the majority seem to be men trying to gain for lifting :) thanks x

My am :)
  • meganphelps123
    meganphelps123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl! I'm 7st and my goal is 8st, Im 5ft4 so my BMI is underweight. I want to build healthy body mass, I lift weights and squat and all that business. I try not to do to much cardio as I loose weight quickly with my high metabolism. Started four days ago so have just been meeting my calorie goal and light working out. Only supplements ive been taking so far is multivitamin, feel free to add me
  • katexxlove
    katexxlove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another gainer girl here. I started out at 70 lb and have successfully gained to 83, but I've hit a plateau for a while now. Feel free to add me!
  • tjay71
    tjay71 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5ft 5 and 7 st, have been trying to gain weight for 10+ years. Big problem... No appetite! I manage to get to 7st 7/8lb then struggle to maintain. Anyone else the same?
  • MissMary75044
    Options
    Just finished dinner and I am almost at my calorie goal for the day. Walked two and half miles, jogged a half mile, and ran up and down some bleachers 20 times, 10 up 10 down, 10 up, 10 down. I still want my cardio even though I need to focus on other types of exercise. Cardio just makes me feel good. I did 30 squats, 20 inverted situps, 10 regular situps, 20 lunges, 10 pushups, and 10 plank presses.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    My goal is a pound a week, which requires just over 2,360 calories a day. Today I consumed 2,387 but burned off just over 300 so I still had a deficit of 280. My carb/fat/protein ratio was a bit off today, too much fat and not enough protein.

I threw in some junk food snacks, a serving of Better Cheddar crackers, Thin Mints, and two peanut butter cups to try and get calories. Put butter on my bagel instead of flavored cream cheese to cut sugar. Otherwise I snacked on Almonds, Kefir, Yogurt, and Ensure Plus.

I think I have just not been eating enough consistently, some days I binge on junk food. Everyone thinks it's funny because I am a size 0 and have eaten an entire bag of mini donuts in one day, or a box 12 chocolate covered cherries in one day.

Be careful with eating junk! I use to do that and it backfired so what I do for quick calories and it's healthy fat is eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich with a cup or 2 of milk.

Thats definitely my biggest struggle so far is getting the calories and keeping them healthy. I just ate dinner and thus far I still have a deficit of 724 calories. I'm thinking of having two Ensures tonight which should put me pretty close to my goal.

I get tired of eating after while. I still need 500 calories and I'm not that hungry.

two servings of talenti chocolate peanut butter cup = 480 calories…

problem solved
  • I'm trying to gain muscle too! I'm 5'2" and 105 lbs but about two years ago I was losing a battle with anorexia and was around 86 lbs so I've gained about 20 lbs of mostly fat. I'm still battling and I think it would help my body image if I was more in shape again!
  • jlclark99
    jlclark99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Aw yay there's loads of us here :) that's made me feel better. I've joined today and have given myself a goal to gain 12lbs in 12 weeks to get up to 8 stone x
  • jlclark99
    jlclark99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    tjay71 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 5ft 5 and 7 st, have been trying to gain weight for 10+ years. Big problem... No appetite! I manage to get to 7st 7/8lb then struggle to maintain. Anyone else the same?

Yes :( my entire adult life! X
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    My goal is a pound a week, which requires just over 2,360 calories a day. Today I consumed 2,387 but burned off just over 300 so I still had a deficit of 280. My carb/fat/protein ratio was a bit off today, too much fat and not enough protein.

I threw in some junk food snacks, a serving of Better Cheddar crackers, Thin Mints, and two peanut butter cups to try and get calories. Put butter on my bagel instead of flavored cream cheese to cut sugar. Otherwise I snacked on Almonds, Kefir, Yogurt, and Ensure Plus.

I think I have just not been eating enough consistently, some days I binge on junk food. Everyone thinks it's funny because I am a size 0 and have eaten an entire bag of mini donuts in one day, or a box 12 chocolate covered cherries in one day.

Be careful with eating junk! I use to do that and it backfired so what I do for quick calories and it's healthy fat is eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich with a cup or 2 of milk.

Thats definitely my biggest struggle so far is getting the calories and keeping them healthy. I just ate dinner and thus far I still have a deficit of 724 calories. I'm thinking of having two Ensures tonight which should put me pretty close to my goal.

I get tired of eating after while. I still need 500 calories and I'm not that hungry.

problem solved

Well too bad some of us are in Canada ... the land of the Talenti-less :'(
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

problem solved

Well too bad some of us are in Canada ... the land of the Talenti-less :'(

whhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt????????????????

that's grounds for a revolution right there...