Things that aren't worth the calories........

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Oh, PASTA is another thing that I've almost completely cut out in favor of rice.

I absolutely love pasta, but it has WAY too many calories for me to fit into even a very generous calorie goal unless I decide to eat only once in a day with a couple of really small snacks.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Things I don't like to eat? But I guess I would have to say those Mochalato frappucino duluxeo drinks/milkshakes at Starbucks. I don't know what they are but bleckk... no thanks
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Anything that tastes bad! I hate hate hate when I finally decide to eat that donut at the office and I take one bite and it's stale or just not so good. I used to be afraid of wasting food so I'd just finish it off and think "That's not what I wanted" the entire time I ate it.

Not anymore.

If I don't care for something and it doesn't give me much macro-wise, then I will throw it away. No questions asked.
  • raemckee
    raemckee Posts: 7 Member
    potato chips. Panera, give me some fresh veggies on the side please. I don't want the mealy apple either.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    breefoshee wrote: »
    Anything that tastes bad! I hate hate hate when I finally decide to eat that donut at the office and I take one bite and it's stale or just not so good. I used to be afraid of wasting food so I'd just finish it off and think "That's not what I wanted" the entire time I ate it.

Not anymore.

If I don't care for something and it doesn't give me much macro-wise, then I will throw it away. No questions asked.

This +1000000

• mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    hangovers
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Anything that goes out of it's way to be extra calorie dense like fried mac and cheese.. I mean, why? Good mac and cheese doesn't need to be f'd around with. Who thought they should fry it, too? Some things HAVE to be fried to taste as good. M&C is not one of them. I'm sure there are plenty of other things that fall into this category. For me, if there is a lower calorie alternative that taste good, I will always opt for that. That means I can have more of it or don't have to blow my calorie goals to eat them.

I also don't waste time with a bunch of sauces and dressings. I detest overdressed salad and can take 25% of a serving of dressing (or oil and vinegar), add a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper and save 100 calories.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Nothing is off limits, but low fat crap is usually not at all worth the few calories you save. Full fat coke or pepsi ( it's just a way of saying it, we now there is no fat in there, jeez), really is the only thing I don't think is worth the calories.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    edited March 2015
    Cheap liquor, cheap beer, and cheap wine. Enjoy your excesses!
    Milk shakes, fast food, cookies, brownies and cheese cake? There was a time when these were "everyday things" ?!?!?
    Yah. It seems a long time ago in a lard-filled galaxy far away.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Cauliflower.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Cauliflower.
    BAHAHAHA :heart:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Cauliflower.

I'll eat your cauliflower for you. I wanted some so badly this week and all they had at the store were these sad, sad little golf ball sized heads. I was not happy.

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    I'd have to say for me it would be any liquid calories other than the heavy whipping cream in my coffee or alcohol. I don't care to drink calories otherwise.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    anything that does not taste good.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    kids.

Jonathan Swift disagrees.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Cauliflower.

I'll eat your cauliflower for you. I wanted some so badly this week and all they had at the store were these sad, sad little golf ball sized heads. I was not happy.

I made some roasted cauliflower a couple nights ago..if Id known, I wouldve invited you over. Kiddo *refused* to eat them! Argh! LoL
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I'm going with McDonald's Milkshakes, but ONLY because they're complete crap. Got my hubby a Shamrock shake the Sunday before St. Patrick's day. It looked great. Started to eat/drink it and it was complete soup. EFF THAT! So we went to Arby's On St. Patricks and got their Andes Mint shake and it was 1000% better. Will never buy a milkshake from McD's again.

I got an Arby's Jamocha shake the other day, after not having one in years. I remember them being delicious. It wasn't. Total waste of calories (delicious points).

I rate food on their "delicious points" and whether it is worth it or not. Same thing, more fun in my head.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    astrose00 wrote: »
    Anything that goes out of it's way to be extra calorie dense like fried mac and cheese.. I mean, why? Good mac and cheese doesn't need to be f'd around with. Who thought they should fry it, too? Some things HAVE to be fried to taste as good. M&C is not one of them. I'm sure there are plenty of other things that fall into this category. For me, if there is a lower calorie alternative that taste good, I will always opt for that. That means I can have more of it or don't have to blow my calorie goals to eat them.

I also don't waste time with a bunch of sauces and dressings. I detest overdressed salad and can take 25% of a serving of dressing (or oil and vinegar), add a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper and save 100 calories.

I went to a sushi restaurant recently and tried a deep fried roll. I didn't realize that it wouldn't be battered in anything, they just threw the roll as is into a deep fryer. It was absolutely disgusting. Up until that moment, I thought frying could improve anything. Not anymore. Yick.
  • shaythep
    shaythep Posts: 73 Member
    "Serving sizes" of cereal. I can eat the whole box in one sitting.
  • Krock83
    Krock83 Posts: 64 Member
    Also frozen meals. Is it just me or do they smell good and then taste so bland?