Things that aren't worth the calories........

Options

Replies

• oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wine is SO worth the calories. So is Peanut Butter.

Sorry, soda doesn't have FAT. Sugar yes, fat no.

Here's my list - because I get ya on some of them.
    - Grocery Store made cake and icing - yuck.
    - Bagels
    - Fast food (I just don't like it)
    - Candy bars they sell in the grocery store check out. If I'm eating chocolate it better be high class stuff!

This list could be my list! Completely. :)
  • penneysfit
    penneysfit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A lot of cookies, soda pop, candies (such as Reese's eggs, yum -- an 18-gram piece is 90 calories :( ). Most things like that are too small of a serving to be worth it on a regular basis. I love cheese cubes -- but since it's very easy to go overboard with them I put them on the "not worth it" list. I find pre-sliced cheese much easier to fit in my calorie goal for the day.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Beer isn't worth it, but you will have to pry most hard liquour out of my cold, dead hands. I don't eat candy because I don't enjoy it (but I do love chocolate). Whole wheat bread, and a few other things I'm sure.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    baked goods that either I or a respected source did not make. I cannot tell you how many times I have bitten into a less than worthy baked good.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I find that if you eat slowly, a proper fresh bagel is two servings if eaten with eggs or a full fat schmear. I used to wolf down a whole one and then need a nap, but slowing down has got me getting the point that I'm done at half now.

Store-bought sandwich bread is not worth the calories to me right now. Crusty, chewy bakery bread? Yes, please!
  • chantalemarie
    chantalemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    poutine.... but it's so good :( and sometimes I trick myself into thinking pizza is good for me. it have lots of veggies!!!
  • swilkinson0705
    swilkinson0705 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Store bought cookies and Little Debby treats. If I'm going to eat a dessert or treat it's going to be homemade, because those are worth the calories.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I find that if you eat slowly, a proper fresh bagel is two servings if eaten with eggs or a full fat schmear. I used to wolf down a whole one and then need a nap, but slowing down has got me getting the point that I'm done at half now.

Store-bought sandwich bread is not worth the calories to me right now. Crusty, chewy bakery bread? Yes, please!

Ohh I like this. I could totally do half a bagel.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Chocolate that has "Hershey" on the label.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Nuts, soda, beer, cocktails, salad dressing, full-fat mayo, fast food (such as McDonalds or Burger King).....errrrmmmm....anything that's fried when it could be grilled or roasted. I'm not saying that they aren't 'worth' the calories, but I do feel incredibly cheated when I know they could have just grilled the thing and it would be much healthier!
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

"Chocolate" that has Hershey on the label.

- fixed that for you
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Not worth it:
    Sugar sodas, energy drinks, cheesecake, 2000-cal burgers, syrups, pecan pie

Caution:
    Nutella, cadbury cream eggs, McDonalds milkshakes, candy, fruit juice, bagels, muffins, cake, pie, fries (small portion), brownies (one bite), massive restaurant salads (eat half), potato chips, creamy dressings (tablespoon). Alfredo sauce (home-made, reduced fat), bacon, doughnuts

Not giving up!
    Full fat milk, wine, cashews (tablespoon), regular yogurt, peanut butter (tablespoon), oils (teaspoon), bread, pasta, breaded deep fried fish, mac and cheese, pizza (two slices), salad dressings - full fat (teaspoon), butter, chocolate (one square), cheese (old, strong, shaved), Wendy's salads, McDonald's snack wraps, nuts!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Even though I love them...any sort of latte. 500-700 calories of caffeinated bliss just isn't worth it. Neither is most candy and sodas.

Where are these 700 calorie lattes? I've NEVER had a latte come in at over 200 cals. I'm starting to think you people have secret recipes that include bone marrow or something...
    Seriously, my favorite latte has skim milk and a pump of syrup (for flavor without being too sweet) and a zillion espresso shots because hey caffeine. I'm wondering if people are pulverizing cupcakes or ice cream into theirs.
    Venti Starbucks Vanilla Latte is 320 calories

BUUUUUUUUUT have it with skim milk and SF syrup - 160 calories.

IDGAF since I prefer Americano's anyways
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Not worth it, IMO:

Wine
    Alcohol
    Low fat dairy
    Salad dressing - just give me straight vinegar and some herbs and im happy
    Low fat mayo
    Chips
    High cal drinks
    Crackers
    Low cal/ff baked goods

Oh..and it's not SODA, or POP, or (god forbid soda-pop), its COKE OR DIET COKE. When I say "I feel like having a coke" I can mean everything from dr pepper to sprite to coca cola. I know alot of people like that in the Chicago area.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

And Hershey bars are my favorite! Definitely worth it.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Fast food
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    Not worth it, IMO:

Wine
    Alcohol
    Low fat dairy
    Low fat mayo
    Chips
    High cal drinks
    Crackers
    Low cal/ff baked goods

Oh..and it's not SODA, or POP, or (god forbid soda-pop), its COKE OR DIET COKE. When I say "I feel like having a coke" I can mean everything from dr pepper to sprite to coca cola. I know alot of people like that in the Chicago area.

It's the same here in Texas. Everything is coke!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Not worth it, IMO:

Wine
    Alcohol
    Low fat dairy
    Low fat mayo
    Chips
    High cal drinks
    Crackers
    Low cal/ff baked goods

Soooooo when you're out for dinner, and you ask for a diet coke.. you mean you want a Fresca?

Ok.... :unamused:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Not worth it, IMO:

Wine
    Alcohol
    Low fat dairy
    Low fat mayo
    Chips
    High cal drinks
    Crackers
    Low cal/ff baked goods

Interesting. I've never heard that here. I know it's a southern thing, but around here (Chicago) I mostly hear pop, but sometimes soda.

I grew up saying pop, educated myself into soda when in college in the northeast, and then fell back into pop when I moved back to the Midwest. I now use them pretty interchangeably, but only say diet coke when I mean Diet Coke (I don't like non diet soda, but the same would be true there). Hmm, but this is reminding me that I do hear often (and my mother has always said) "I'd like a diet" to mean whatever kind of diet soda they have. I think that's a relic of the age when there was usually only one diet offering.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No, you are more specific with the order in that circumstance because do YOU ever order a "soda" or "pop" when asked at restaurant? Or do you just tell them what kind? But it would not be out of place for you to say to a friend that you want to stop somewhere for a coke and then actually order sprite.

Im glad you explained this! Cause when I first read that on here I was soooo confused but didnt want to ask LoL!

Because, say if Im visiting someones home and they ask me what Id like to drink, Id say soda to mean..whatever soda (or pop, or cola) you have, Ill take it! I mean, to be polite and not make a specific brand request at someones home... But if I said Coke, theyd say, oh I dont have any, will a Pepsi / Sprite / ice tea be alright?

But, Im guessing in the same situation, if you told a friend youd like a Coke..theyd assume you mean any soda would be fine, and bring you whatever they have, and not that youre specifically asking for a Coke? So if you actually did want a Coke, youd have to say Coca-Cola then Im guessing?

I have to admit, Im intrigued LoL seems complicated, but of course, its only cause this is new to me!