30 Day Shred: April

Replies

• albygb
    albygb Posts: 23 Member
    how do you log it as exercise?

I normally put it down as circuit training which it kind of is with the mixture of cardio and strength.
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Just completed day five. Phew. The jumping jacks and jump rope combo is still kicking my butt, but I'm doing the rest OK. Just have to keep at it :).

I log it as circuit training, general.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    I'm on day 3 of level 2. I started it because I had hit a plateau. In the 13 days that I've been doing this dvd, I've already lost 2lbs. It's a great workout.
  • MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    I really want to do this and was planning on starting yesterday but my sports bra still hasn't arrived :(

Is there lots of jumping type movements? I've skimmed through the video but can't really tell. Slightly top heavy so can't do anything with a bit of bounce!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 721 Member
    i'm in!
  • albygb
    MimGSR wrote: »
    I really want to do this and was planning on starting yesterday but my sports bra still hasn't arrived :(

Is there lots of jumping type movements? I've skimmed through the video but can't really tell. Slightly top heavy so can't do anything with a bit of bounce!

You can still start there are a few cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope ) moves but you can just do them moderately while wearing a regular bra.
  • MimGSR
    Ok thanks, I might give it a go now whilst my daughters napping :)
  • Incy_Wincy
    Incy_Wincy Posts: 16 Member
    I'm about to hit level three. I love the shred - I do it about once a year, then gradually slip off the wagon again.
    Just a word of warning to anyone that hasn't done this before; it can be a killer on your knees, so don't go over the top to begin with. (Having said that, I've always started from no fitness at all, so if you're a habitual exerciser anyway you're probably in a better position than me!)
    @MimGSR there are a few 1/2 minute sets of jumping jacks and imaginary jump-rope in level 1, and a couple of other 'bouncy' moves, off the top of my head.
    Good luck everyone :smile:
  • taradawn69
    taradawn69 Posts: 24 Member
    Add me too please☺ Starting today, done it before also with great results!
  • hotat135
    hotat135 Posts: 4 Member
    im in!! today will be day 1!! lets do this!! add me as a friend!
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm in!! I'm starting today and glad to see others are too!! Feel free to add me :)
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Good luck to all :).
  • albygb
    I'm also doing the JJ Smith modified 10-day green smoothie cleanse if anyone is interested. I started on Monday and so far I feel great! Let me know if u want to join and I'll send you the info.
  • MimGSR
    edited April 2015
    Ok, I'm dying.
    My daughter woke up halfway through so came in to laugh at me, until I knocked her on the head with one of the tins I was using as weights :/ luckily she didn't really notice.
    Even with doing modified cardio and following Anita my legs were shaking by the end of it! It's strangely addictive though, I already want to do it again!
    Good luck to everyone else starting today :)

ETA: the warm up moves must really work as I've never managed to do that many squats without knee pain :)
  • Danixkm
    Danixkm Posts: 114 Member
    I just finished day 2 so I'd love to join.
  • I just found the videos on YouTube. I'm in!
  • taradawn69
    taradawn69 Posts: 24 Member
    Day 1 is done☺ I forgot how hard that was..lol
  • fabfrog
    fabfrog Posts: 6 Member
    W1D1 in the books at 5am. :p
  • xkime
    xkime Posts: 35 Member
    I might want to start to day the thing is I just have to make sure I continue!
  • diroka
    diroka Posts: 48 Member
    YES!! I've been thinking about starting this workout now that my first 10 pounds are out of the way, so I am definitely in! I will be doing it tonight when I get home from work!