Quest Bars : What's the Hype?

Options
1235»

Replies

• tombon01
    tombon01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm eating low carb high protein. My trainer recommended these for me as they aren't too high in calories and have a good amount of protein and fiber! It's hard to eat the number of gram of proteins in my diet. These help along with my smoothies and my regular food to reach my protein goals. These do not have alot of calories and added stuff we do not need....I get mine at my gym often for $24/box of 12 or Amazon...
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I tried the Cinnamon Roll over the weekend. Eh ... the texture was like eating cookie dough. I wouldn't buy that one again.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Love the Raspberry white chocolate bar! I have one everyday. gets me low in carbs and high in protien awesome. 7/11 now carrys them 2 for 5 bucks some times
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    Love the Raspberry white chocolate bar! I have one everyday. gets me low in carbs and high in protien awesome. 7/11 now carrys them 2 for 5 bucks some times

I gonna look into that!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I ate the Brownie bar yesterday, it was ok. Better than the Cinnamon Roll I had tried.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I ate the Brownie bar yesterday, it was ok. Better than the Cinnamon Roll I had tried.

Ya, the cinnamon roll is just a little boring in my opinion-but not offensive.

I eat a CCCD quest bar every morning, and every single time I fall in love all over again.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ok here's the dealyo they are really good, some of them, I like the vanilla almond the best, bbbbbuuuutttttttt i just saw a youtube video telling people that the STATE of ca is suing them for miss labeling, calories understated and fiber overstated.

I was wondering about this. I think they are not counting calories from fiber or something. Can anyone confirm this?

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Can someone please get me up to speed on what Quest Bars are and what are their benefits? Also where I can locate some?

High protein, high fiber, under 200 calories, many flavors so most can find something that they like, filling.

I have shopped protein and meal replacement bars like crazy and nothing comes close to a Quest bar, especially the fiber in them. Many people do not get enough and the fiber in a Quest bar averages out to be about the same as 4-5 doses of a fiber supplement.

• earlnabby
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My advice is to find a place that sells them individually and try some that way. I don't personally care for most of them and I know some people can't stomach them at all. The best flavors imo are chocolate chip cookie dough and the cookies and creme. They have a lot of fiber and low calories compared to other protein bars, but there's a lawsuit pending regarding the accuracy of the label and whether they under-report calories and over-report fiber so keep that in mind.

Personally I prefer Think Thin. They taste a lot less like artificial sweetener imo. More calories, but worth it to me.

The lawsuit has been withdrawn after they proved that the testing method used by the people bringing the lawsuit was flawed. It was the wrong method to detect the different types of fiber so only half of the fiber was being detected. When the correct method was used, all of the fiber Quest claimed was accounted for and the accuracy of their labels was verified.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    My advice is to find a place that sells them individually and try some that way. I don't personally care for most of them and I know some people can't stomach them at all. The best flavors imo are chocolate chip cookie dough and the cookies and creme. They have a lot of fiber and low calories compared to other protein bars, but there's a lawsuit pending regarding the accuracy of the label and whether they under-report calories and over-report fiber so keep that in mind.

Personally I prefer Think Thin. They taste a lot less like artificial sweetener imo. More calories, but worth it to me.

The lawsuit has been withdrawn after they proved that the testing method used by the people bringing the lawsuit was flawed. It was the wrong method to detect the different types of fiber so only half of the fiber was being detected. When the correct method was used, all of the fiber Quest claimed was accounted for and the accuracy of their labels was verified.

Thanks, that's good to know!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars taste pretty good, but I'm not a fan of the texture of most of them. I think the cookies and cream was my favorite that I tried. I prefer Pure Protein bars, and they're cheaper. I REALLY like the shakes, but they're ridiculous expensive.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars taste pretty good, but I'm not a fan of the texture of most of them. I think the cookies and cream was my favorite that I tried. I prefer Pure Protein bars, and they're cheaper. I REALLY like the shakes, but they're ridiculous expensive.

Yup, I prefer Pure Protein as well. Doesn't have the fiber but I get enough in my diet so that doesn't concern me. For under a buck a bar usually, they can't be beat for bang for the buck.

Besides those, I really like Krave Jerky. It's like 22gr of protein for 180 calories and 5gr of fat per 2oz. And well...meat.

• earlnabby
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Yup, I prefer Pure Protein as well. Doesn't have the fiber but I get enough in my diet so that doesn't concern me. For under a buck a bar usually, they can't be beat for bang for the buck.

Besides those, I really like Krave Jerky. It's like 22gr of protein for 180 calories and 5gr of fat per 2oz. And well...meat.

I love jerky, just can't get around the sodium.

• Arch799
    Arch799 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Tried to make my own with vita-fiber but no real luck so far. Not even close to the taste and find they are very sticky.. Will keep trying though...
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

http://www.busybuthealthy.com/homemade-quest-protein-bars/

Thanks for sharing Hearts_2015!

Just ordered the Vitafiber Basic Syrup on Amazon and look forward to trying some recipes. Hopefully I can come up with something fairly edible with similar macros at a better price than Quest (and more accessible). We shall see. :smiley:
  • aryseespieces
    Options
    http://www.busybuthealthy.com/homemade-quest-protein-bars/

Thanks for sharing Hearts_2015!

Just ordered the Vitafiber Basic Syrup on Amazon and look forward to trying some recipes. Hopefully I can come up with something fairly edible with similar macros at a better price than Quest (and more accessible). We shall see. :smiley:

Interesting I saw that and was going to look into that too! Saw a recipe from a lady whose bar look exactly like Quest!
  • aryseespieces
    Options
    Cookies and cream are delicious. People say they are expensive but still cheaper to have a couple of quest bars when hungry than get a take away meal

IM IN LOVE WITH THE COOKIES n CREME QUEST BAR!