From 511 to 175: a 336 lb loss over 5 years

Options

Replies

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Just adding to the chorus of Congratulations. What a amazing accomplishment.

And walking 3700+ miles...simply staggering. Google maps shows that from Miami FL to Seattle WA is only 3300 miles. You walked further than across the country! Diagonally!
  • lesstratford
    lesstratford Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just adding to the chorus of Congratulations. What a amazing accomplishment.

And walking 3700+ miles...simply staggering. Google maps shows that from Miami FL to Seattle WA is only 3300 miles. You walked further than across the country! Diagonally!

Yes! I just kept pushing on. The more I walked the easier it got. The easier I got the faster I got, the faster I got the more the weight loss. Win win!
  • lesstratford
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    THIS!!! Absolutely THIS!!! I woke up this morning feeling like there is no way I am going to lose 95lbs, it's going to take forever how on earth am I going to sustain doing what I have been doing for the past few weeks for the rest of my life???...woah is me... poor me... Well you just slapped the *kitten* out of my poor me with just one thread... YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! You set your mind to it and did it!! Congratulations for your accomplishments and thank you, thank you soo much for that much needed morning slap!!!! :p

Wow, that's awesome. I think knowing that in some small way to inspire someone to keep going, it makes me happy
  • lesstratford
    Options
    hznza9zjsn61.jpg

5 years ago I couldn't walk 3/4 of a mile without getting winded. Now I can to 4 miles jogging nonstop. How? It was persistence and consistence. Everyday Zi striving to improve something if only a bit. My only comparison I cared about was my mind and body from the day before.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    "My only comparison I cared about was my mind and body from the day before" - love this!

Thanks for the inspiration
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look great. The determination in your eyes stands out.
  • lesstratford
    Options
    Wow...truly an inspiration....have you written a book yet to tell your story? You look younger than 40... and the pic about some loose skin...I don't see it..you look AMAZING!

Well thanks, I've done a few interviews for magazines and I am also featured in a new weight loss book called Man V Fat. I do have the first draft of my story written but time has prevented me from starting on my second draft.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I do have the first draft of my story written but time has prevented me from starting on my second draft.
    This +1000

You could set the fitness world on fire for many people my friend, strike while the iron's hot. Once the book is out, I think you should have your own TV show.
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am literally in awe of your steadfast approach to such a challenge. Inspiration to all!
  • wildkat28
    wildkat28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's scary to lose so much weight. I had a buddy (god rest his soul) who lost a ton of weight and had such a hard time with his body readjusting to the new weight and not being poisoned anymore. He was so upset that getting healthy was making him ill but never gave up. He pushed through and his body began to come around and get stronger and better and he suceeded!! He has since dies of a brain tumor, but I remember him as the guy who wouldn't let his body stay unhealthy, even wgen it fought back, he told it what the norm was going to be and in the end, his body thamked him for it. Tragic ending, but I don't think he would have lived thw last 5 years of his life any happier than he was.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Dude this transformation is insane! Great job man!
  • lesstratford
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Dude this transformation is insane! Great job man!

Thank you. I sometimes can't believe I did it.

• lesstratford
    Options
    I do have the first draft of my story written but time has prevented me from starting on my second draft.
    This +1000

You could set the fitness world on fire for many people my friend, strike while the iron's hot. Once the book is out, I think you should have your own TV show.

Well thanks. Really, I mean it. It was mentally exhausting putting my thoughts and feelings down on paper. I've done interviews and podcasts and they were draining, but the book was 10 fold.
    If it ever sees the light of day I'll remember this comment. Again, I do thank you.
    Les
  • lesstratford
    Options
    The link to my video is on page 2 or 3. But here it is again: http://youtu.be/MNo_0vE8rCk
  • tanyawood77
    Options
    Wow! That is fantastic!! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The phrase "less is more" no longer applies to you. Now it's "Les is less"!
  • thatguynick
    thatguynick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation! I was 511 last October and am currently at 435. This is quite inspirational! Thank you for sharing!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Congratulations on your achievement. So inspirational and motivating.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    OMG !
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Remarkable change.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!