30 Day Shred: April

Options

Replies

• KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just completed L1D6. I haven't noticed much of a difference as yet, so I'm getting a little frustrated with her when she says that she bets you're feeling much different at day 5, 6 or 7. We'll see...
  • taradawn69
    taradawn69 Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MimGSR wrote: »
    I am so sore! I tried l2 in the evening to see what it was like. Didn't put much effort in as I was so tired from l1 but I'm so stiff now! Anyone else aching?

I hurt everywhere!! But I love it☺ Oh how I've missed that..lol
  • MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My sports bra arrived (Freya active underwired- really supportive but a tiny bit large in the back, already on the tightest hook, but hopefully it won't stretch like normal bras do) and did L1D2. Even more of a killer when doing all the cardio properly! Feeling good now it's over though.
  • Chellybell13
    Chellybell13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed! I also do modified push ups, I can only do about 2 proper ones :# I'm hoping to build my strength up a bit and be able to do them properly one day.
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    diroka wrote: »
    Just Completed W1D1! Whew! Those anterior raises killed me!
    Also, for my own sake, I'm posting my starting weight and measurements so I can compare after Day 30!

Weight: 187.2
    Left bicep: 12.5
    Right bicep: 12
    Chest: 42.5
    Waist: 37
    Low waist (belly button): 42.5
    Hips: 44
    Left thigh: 25.5
    Right thigh: 25.5

Here's hoping for some inches lost!

I wanted to take my measurements also... But my tape measurer went missing. Grr!
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    taradawn69 wrote: »
    Day 1 is done☺ I forgot how hard that was..lol

I started today....push ups made me wanna cry. I have to do 'modified' push ups... :'(

But I did them and that's what counts! :)

Don't feel too bad; I have to do the modified ones also :/ Push-ups SUCK. I have absolutely no upper body strength. I pretty much follow Anita in the workout... lol!
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    MimGSR wrote: »
    I am so sore! I tried l2 in the evening to see what it was like. Didn't put much effort in as I was so tired from l1 but I'm so stiff now! Anyone else aching?

I am soo sore! In places I didn't think would be sore... LOL! I am currently reading through this board trying to get motivated to carry through with L01D02. && its helping!
  • albygb
    albygb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @Dutchess89 and @Iandadee and @ajbloom join us! :smiley:
  • mrs_n_mommy
    mrs_n_mommy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In on day 1 of my second attempt..i did for a week and it literally crippled me..took a week off..shin splits from the shred, anybody??? started again today..God save me!!!

I'm Breastfeeding..Overweight close to obese...Haven't had much physical activity for close to 2 years now..Should I be doing the beginner shred rather??
  • _onebeauty
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Omg TY guys for the motivation!! I woke up much more sore than I was when I went to bed last night.. & I still carried through w/ L01D02. I AM SOO PROUD!

I thought the push-ups were tough, but then I did the anterior raises.. Omgg... I had to do them w/out my 3 lb weights; bc they became impossible. LOL!

I literally am dripping wet from sweat 1/2 way through this workout... LITERALLY....

I hope I am able to carry onto Level 2 this time around.. bc last time I did this; I could not handle level 2... :neutral:

At this point I finish the workout; but pause the dvd like 8x's to catch my breath or take a mini-break.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    In on day 1 of my second attempt..i did for a week and it literally crippled me..took a week off..shin splits from the shred, anybody??? started again today..God save me!!!

I'm Breastfeeding..Overweight close to obese...Haven't had much physical activity for close to 2 years now..Should I be doing the beginner shred rather??

That might be a good option to get you ready for 30DS. I've read people have had more success doing this if 30DS is just too much for their fitness level. Nothing wrong with that. The last thing you need is an injury that will prevent any activity.

Regarding your shin splints, how old are your shoes? You might want to head to your local running store that can evaluate your stride and have them fit you for a proper pair of cross trainers. It really helped my shin splints.

Good luck and don't give up!
  • _onebeauty
    Options

I don't know that there is a beginner version :/ Perhaps you could start by doing some cardio @ first? Maybe you could go for a walk w/ your baby in the stroller? Hm.. any suggestions guys? I have no idea; but id like to help you find a way for more progression.
  • healthynichi
    healthynichi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am in. Had been doing it a lot until a couple of weeks ago. I am ready to do it for the full 30!!!
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 7 here. Love this.
  • albygb
    albygb Posts: 23 Member
    Options

This is a very hard program even for those who have been working out for a while, so i suggest if you havent been doing much this may be just too much for you. Don't rush it, the last thing you need is an injury which can set you all the way back. If there is a beginner's shred start off with that and work your way up. and i definitely agree with @one_beauty do a little bit of cardio before to loosen up and warm your muscles.

Hope this helps.
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have 2 workouts left of the Beginner Shred and then I plan on starting the 30 Day Shred. I hoped that the beginner shred would prep me for the 30 Day Shred. I should finish the Beginner Shred tomorrow and will try to get started on the 30 Day Shred Saturday. I will definitely be coming here for motivation support and to post my progress!
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just started 30DS last month and love it! I've been a bit sporadic lately (major car accidents will do that to you), but I'm looking forward to jumping on the wagon again soon. Hopefully this thread will keep me motivated; thanks for getting it started! At first I felt soooo out of shape bc I could hardly make it through the workout, but I love that I can get an intense (for me) workout in such a small amount of time. I get really impatient when I don't see results right away (patience has never been a great virtue of mine), but I'm starting to feel a teeny tiny bit less jiggly... :)

I too try to warm up a bit more than JM does (just a little jog around the block), and I stretch a bit more at the end as well.
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    Today was my day 2; and I am soooo sore!! Anybody else?
  • aghi00
    aghi00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Is so cool to find this group! Today was my D2 of L1 and the soreness in my arms... oh Jesus! It hurts!!
    However, I could feel that I went through the cardio sections much better than yesterday (when I wanted to die a little).
    Didn't stop through the whole workout for more than 5 seconds and only did it (stop) twice YEY!
    I am looking forward to reading the progress of all of you! B)
  • lookgreatfast
    lookgreatfast Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8. Soreness is all gone. Feel energized after the workout. Is anyone adding cardio to this?